main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Kissing a Fool {post LoTF drabble, J/Z}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Kissing a Fool

Genre: Angst ? Zekk!Angst to be more specific
    Time Frame: post LoTF
    Summary: Sometimes he wonders if the war stole more than her soul.

Author's note: *blinks* I have no idea where this came from. I'm in J/J mode right now, and if I'm writing any viggie while recovering from NaNo it should be L/M. *shakes head*. I just don't know anymore. The muse is out of control - spouting off crazy-overly-poetic stuff like this.:rolleyes:

Anyway, enjoy.:)

Sometimes he wonders if the war stole more than just her soul.

It shouldn't matter and latter he will feel ashamed for even wondering. After all, this is what he wanted. Wasn't it? He had always wanted more than starless nights tangled amongst wine stained sheets. He wanted more than the cool touch of a friend (sometimes a stranger). He wanted to call her his and follow her cinnamon eyes [i]down[/i].

Down. Down, down, down . . .

Yet, now she is his, and he sees dying embers where once stars had shone.

He wonders why he loves her in moments like this. The scary thing is that he can't remember why.

Maybe it was because of the tears she shed. Oh yes, she thought that he didn't know. But he heard. Every night after she thought he surrendered to dreams she wept. Glittering little diamonds slipped from her eyes as she looked out at the night sky. He knows that she has so much to cry for ? a lost love, lost innocence, old friends long gone. Sometimes he wonders if she cried for him. Yet, it doesn't matter. He doesn't pull her close anymore. He has tired of drying tears.

Maybe it was the little not smiles she gave. Yes, she still smiles just less often and less full. He remembered a time when her smile would light up the room and invade her eyes in her mirth. He remembered her laugh ? rich and innocent. Yet, now it is corroded with thorns and thick with gray and fading beauty.

The war has taken so much from her.

It has taken the life from her eyes and the spring from her step.

It has taken family. Honor. Joy.

It has taken hope. Even if in a distant part of his mind he can admit that there is a tragic sort of beauty to her ? that of a tragedienne who never had a chance to play her role. She is a quiet sort of hero ? a forsaken tempest, a princess waiting in her tower with jaded eyes.

Yet, if it is a prince she longs for, then why can't that be him?

Still, no matter what ? he loves her.

He craves her poisoned kisses.

He lives for the touch of her pain calloused hands.

He loves pulling her close, whispering promises in her ear ? anything to again make her whole. He can ignore the way her misty eyes glaze when he does this. He can pretend that she doesn't imagine someone else holding her close, another soul lost to the war.

Yet, there are times when he knows that he is just kissing a fool.

[b]FIN[/b]

There, the muse is happy and I'm back to updates. ;)

[b]
    ~MJ[/b]

2. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    FIRST!!!

Mira, that was gorgeous!!! So tender, sweet, insightful, heartbreaking, breath-taking....wow. I'm just in awe. You are so uber talented!!! I'm just floored at everything you write!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Glad you're muse is happy! Can't wait for more L/M from you though girl!

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Lovely vignette! You are such a versitile writer and we enjoy the works of your muse!

Well done. =D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, Mira--you're off the chain with this poetic poignant touching heart-tugging style of yours. :) You've always been stellar at plots, characters, humor, but lyrical, emotionally charged words... wow!!!! Welcome back big time!!!! Huggles!!!!!!

5. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Wow. This is kind of heavy.

Usually I jump on any J/Z, but this one is different. A lot of people are still arguing over which guy Jaina will be with at the end of LOTF, or even if she will be with anyone at all. And yet, if she does kill her own brother (as many believe), I believe that she will definitely change. And you captured that change with her attitude.

And yet, Zekk still loves her. If nothing else, that speaks a lot for his staying power.

6. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Wow, Mira! That was beautiful! It was very poetic and moving, almost in a surreal way. Very, very interesting, I really liked it! :) You portray Jaina very well. Good job!

7. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    That was incredible- so beautiful, but so tragic. Great Zekk characterization- he always has loved, and always will...no matter what happens, or who she ends up with in canon.

Wonderful. =D=

8. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    That was lovely. You should be proud of your muse. Wonderful use of description :D

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks to everyone for reading! :D

Irish_Jedi_Jade : Mira, that was gorgeous!!! So tender, sweet, insightful, heartbreaking, breath-taking....wow. I'm just in awe. You are so uber talented!!! I'm just floored at everything you write!!!

I love how happy your reviews are. You made my day when you wrote that. :D [face_blush]

Glad you're muse is happy! Can't wait for more L/M from you though girl!

Coming up soon! :D

Jade_Pilot : Lovely vignette! You are such a versitile writer and we enjoy the works of your muse!

Thanks so much, you have no odea how much your words mean to me. :)

Jade_eyes : Wow, Mira--you're off the chain with this poetic poignant touching heart-tugging style of yours. You've always been stellar at plots, characters, humor, but lyrical, emotionally charged words... wow!!!! Welcome back big time!!!! Huggles!!!!!!

Wow, what a welcome![face_blush]
    J_E, your replies never cease to tickle and touch me. Thanks for being such a loyal reader! [:D]

Furyan_Jedi_13 : Wow. This is kind of heavy.

Just slightly. ;)

Usually I jump on any J/Z, but this one is different. A lot of people are still arguing over which guy Jaina will be with at the end of LOTF, or even if she will be with anyone at all. And yet, if she does kill her own brother (as many believe), I believe that she will definitely change. And you captured that change with her attitude.

I honestly see her with Jag, but regarless of who she ends up with she'll be changed, and maybe not for the better - especially if she is the one to take Jacen down, as I also believe.

And yet, Zekk still loves her. If nothing else, that speaks a lot for his staying power.

Zekk's loyalty has never ceased to amaze me. I agree with you. :)

Myriad_Daydreams : Wow, Mira! That was beautiful! It was very poetic and moving, almost in a surreal way. Very, very interesting, I really liked it! You portray Jaina very well. Good job!

Thanks! :D

ZekksGoddess : That was incredible- so beautiful, but so tragic. Great Zekk characterization- he always has loved, and always will...no matter what happens, or who she ends up with in canon.

Yep, Zekk has alot when it comes to staying power - regardless as to who she ends up with.

Thanks for reading and leaving your thoughts. :D

TKeira_Lea : That was lovely. You should be proud of your muse. Wonderful use of description

Thanks! [face_blush] :D

~MJ@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.