main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kiyuuchan's Anime *update 3/23*Mother's day theme, Leia/Jaina, others. And Ben Skywalker ^^

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Glitbiter, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the humour in your art with those bickering males.

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey there Glitbiter - these are just great. I'm enjoying your style a lot and I'm especially fond of the Jacen-TK ones. Your Alema is wonderfully evil - or should I say "delicious"? ;) And that last one where Jaina looked totally sick to death of the lads is very cool, and funny. I love the expressions on their faces. I really like your Jag, too. :)

I agree with the others that it's good to see some LotF pics.

3. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I love the Humor in the Jaina, Jag and Zekk. great job! keep up the awesome work!

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Wonderful romance scene before Jacen turned, and I had to take a moment to conatain myself after looking at the J/Z/J image[face_laugh], that one is just classic and sooo true of how things seem to go when those three are around each other.

5. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Arigatouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ! lol Thanksssssss

Their chapters is the best ! [face_mischief] This trio is so cool ^___^
    Good job Denning, lol... I want more !

I vision them like that [face_laugh] all of the book...

6. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    I have some book voucher, so I get Fury's book as well this week ^___^
    Well, I must find an idea... ^___^ It's not too complicate, now I read the book...

I think I rather love Ben Skywalker... [face_love] ^___^ my next job must be him !!

7. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Like I said I tried to drawing my interpretation of little Ben Skywalker...o_O
    And I tried to improve the colour... it's a little better ??

I'm not complete happy with this interpretation... ahhhh, he looks too mature... I'll have to try again,
    one day... lol
    However, I think it is more better than the actual "Fury's" cover... I may stick this on the cover [face_laugh]
    I know it's not nice, but I think the "Fury's" cover is horrible... :_|

Ben Skywalker
    [image=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6563/bengag.jpg]

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Glitbiter!
    I just went through your stuff and I really like it. Very clean lines and great expressions on the faces.

Hey, your coloring is way better than mine anyway. Don't worry about it, it looks really good. :)

Looking forward to more! :D

9. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Yes, I think you are getting better at coloring! It gives a sense of direction of light as well as form. I like the work you did on the lightsaber particularly well. Well done!

10. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Thank U very much Chilla and ShrunkenJedi ^___^

Chilla > I'm so happy U like my work ! ^___^ ... But I'm always look to improve [face_mischief]

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    GAG Ben is awesome! =D= Perfect foreshortening on the arm and hand extended "toward the camera," and I love his expression, too! Great energy! When doing black clothing (like that black glove), it works a bit better, I think, to grade the tones a bit to provide a bit more differentiation between the fore and aft, so to speak (it could be my monitor, but I lose his hand and arm in the the black b/g piece); either that or a bit of "rimlighting," which can be very dramatic in a piece like this. Just a suggestion, my opinion only! Great stuff!

FF

12. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Thank U very much FF [face_love] I appreciate your thought about my work.
    And I'm happy it looks ok to you ^__^
    Thank U for your suggestion... but I have decided against that version, anyway :p
    I want it to have lots of energy... like little Ben in the books, lol ^__^

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, nice job on Ben!

I think you're definitely getting better with your colors. Are you using Photoshop, Painter or something else?

And I see you plan on using this for your college portfolio. Good luck with that! We have another college bound artist on our hands. :p

Just be careful with the use of objects and characters coming from films, comics, TV, etc. I know some colleges are really picky about stuff like that and would rather see a range of work coming from life or photographs that you have taken yourself. Be sure to read the guidelines carefully and ask someone, like your art teacher, to review your work before submitting it. Sometimes schools also offer free portfolio reviews for college bound students. If they have them in your area, it's worth taking advantage of. ;)

14. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Thank U very much Han ! I use Photoshop ^^
    And I do hope to go to college ^__^... I have an interview at the end of this month
    so we will see... lol ;)
    For portfolio it is ok, because the others is school work.

15. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi everyone !

I am asked to drawing for the Anakin and Tahiri magazine on this boards !! This is very pleasant ! [face_mischief]
    I always like them, because they are always good friends and it makes a deeper relation [face_love]

so, this is my first interpretation of Anakin and Tahiri... I imagine his spirit is watching over her [face_peace]

Still Here
    [image=http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/6046/09atstillherelj2.jpg]

Then I finish a little work about Tahiri, barefoot ^__^

Barefoot

[image=http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4545/10tahiriyn4.jpg]

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love your stuff, Glitbiter! EU fanart, my favourite! :D [face_dancing]

Your pic of Jaina and the boys is priceless. [face_laugh] Had me laughing very hard for quite a while; I love her infuriated expression. GAG Ben is great; he's one of my favourite characters (despite the fact that I haven't read LotF... um... yeah, that's what fanfic does to you :p ), and the poses are awesome.

And Jacen and Tenel Ka... awww... [face_love] Have you ever thought about drawing Allana, by any chance?

BlueGhostie!Anakin and Tahiri is beautiful. :_|:_| A/T is one of my favourite couples and that pic is gorgeous. And I love Tahiri with her bare feet. Funny. :D

I love the way you colour your artwork. It's very vibrant. [face_love]

I'm not an artist myself, so I can't leave a proper critique, but your stuff is wonderful and I love it. :D

[face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wish you the best of luck with that interview later on this month! I'm sure you'll do fine! :)

Both of your Tahiri pieces are great! However, I really love the second one! The pose and the intense expression is just perfect for Tahiri's character. Where the second one has the attitude, the first has all the emotional ties. It's always great to see these two together and I've never admitted this before, but aside from Han and Leia, they were my favorite SW couple. ;)

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your style and colouring those last two are great.=D=

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, I'm really behind!!

I adore the J/TK one. It's so sweet, and the both look so pretty. (and I want TK's shirt!!) And thanks for the dedication [:D]

The J/J/Z one made me laugh out loud. I can soooo see Jaina doing that :D I can't see the quote; which one is it?

I adore Ben in all three versions. He's so cool!! And I love the way you did his figure.

The A/T one made me cry. It's beautiful and so incredibly sad. The Tahiri one is cute.

I love them all :D And as always, I adore the bright colors. You're amazing :D

If I ever do the forget-to-check-again-for-so-long thing again, PM me and tell me to get my butt over here! :D

20. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Aw,these are so pretty! I love the one of "Ghostie" Anakin with Tahiri...gets me quite misty, as a matter of fact... **sniffling** I certainly wish there was a way for him to get through to that girl--tell her unequivocally the path she's on is the one he so feared would come to pass... **shaking head** And I wish she could have found a way to make peace with his death, and move on in her life, too (then she might not have been so vulnerable to Caedus...). The "barefoot" piece is wonderful--it's so HER! And I love the attitude, there, too! To me, this is NJO Tahiri--once the personalities were melded and she knew who she was again. Very pretty work! And best of luck with the interview--let us know how it turns out! :D

FF

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey again, Glitbiter :)

The Ben pics are wonderful. I love the way you get such character in his face - I can see both his parents in his expression. You're a wee cracker. :)

And oh that A/T one with blue-ghosty Anakin! It's beautiful, and like FalconFan, I went all misty-eyed. The pain you get into Tahiri's expression is just so touching, and Anakin looks so much as if he's trying to comfort her but just can't quite reach her - heartbreaking but so well done.

And I love your barefoot Tahiri - especially the slightly impish look in her eyes.

I am really looking forward to being able to post these in our A/T magazine - and thanks so much for allowing us to "borrow" them. I know the readers will love them.

Good luck for your interview. :)

I've never admitted this before, but aside from Han and Leia, they were my favorite SW couple.
    Ah, HanSolo29, has anyone told you that you have exquisite taste? ;) :)

22. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I love the one of Ben. He is really well done. The one of Tahiri and Anakin is great too! Very emotional. Makes me wonder if he helps her turn back from the dark side some how.

23. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    The A/T is really beautiful! Though sad. :_|

It may be your best, IMO. =D=

24. Glitbiter

Feb 14, 2008
    [:D][face_love]ohhhhh Thank U very much for all your nice comments[face_love][:D]
    I' m so happy that my little artworks are appreciated. Thank U to motivate me !!

Capturing a character is the most important to my draws... I don't want it to be like, if it could, be anyone... T__T
    And I would like to draw them more often, [face_mischief] probably because of Tahiri's appearances in LotF

I hope Anakin will surely save Jacen at the end... It would be so perfect ![face_praying][face_peace]
    A lot of Anakin's fans wait his "return"... Me too ;) maybe if it is,
    Tahiri will recognize she's on a path that Anakin wouldn't want... and change her attitude ? ^__^
    I so want to see Anakin' s ghost at the end of LotF saga !!!! [face_mischief][face_love]

Finally, to thank everyone who wish me good luck for my interview [face_love] you're all so kind.
    Now I can go with more confidence ^____^

Bye,
    Kiyume xxx

25. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    These are really beautiful Gilibiter's. I especially love the Ben Skywalker. As Tahi said, (and I'm speaking for YodaKenobi and myself here as well)- we - the staff of Anahiri: are really pleased to have you on board for the magazine. You are extremely talented.

Thank you
    ~Kick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.