main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kiyuuchan's Anime *update 3/23*Mother's day theme, Leia/Jaina, others. And Ben Skywalker ^^

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Glitbiter, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Congrats on the comic gig! I wish you the best of luck with that and I can't wait to see it! :)

You did an awesome job with all of your recent pieces! I'm not much of a comic reader, but I think you did a nice job with Cade and Talon. Again, your coloring is really something to be proud of - it keeps getting better and better!

Now onto your Jacen and Tenel Ka pieces - wow! That second one of Jacen and Allana, that is how things should've worked out. None of this Darth Caedus stuff. It's neat to see a future that could've been. Nice job! :)

2. Day-dreamy

Day-dreamy Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2007
    Hi there!
    Wow, your pics are great! I like how you use such bright colours - it's... I don't know... refreshing? to look at them. I also like how you picture the characters acording to books. So far my favourites are:
    Jaina and Jacen - the background is great, it adds to the sorrowful atmosphere
    Jaina, Jag and Zekk - [face_laugh] That's too funny, thanks for this pic - Jag's and Zekk's expressions are priceless!
    Cade and Talon - nice composition! I only started ti read Legacy recently... After I got over the shock I found it really entertaining ;)

Great job on all the pics! Keep it up!:)

DD

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ah, Glitbiter - you've made my day. Thank you, thank you for that wonderful, warm, funny, funky pic of Lando and Tendra. [:D] The way you've captured that expression on Tendra's face - a kind of warm humour, and at the same time pure delight in old Lando's fancy move - is just so cool. She's kind of laughing at him but also just loving the attention. And I love his face - so intense and into it. :) It's just perfect. (May I post it in my story thread?)

The other drawings are great as well. In the Jacen/TK one I like the way you have his cloak swirled around her so that it looks as if he's consuming her. The passionate kiss is also very "consuming". ;) They're both desperate for one another and it made me feel sad for them that Jacen has become Caedus. It's so tragic.

The Jacen/Allana one made me smile because it seems such a normal daddy-child scene with the child's drawing stuck on the wall, and the toys and crayons lying around. That impish look in Allan's eyes is lovely. I like this Jacen, too. I like the fact he's discarded the cloak and his Caedus persona for a moment.

That Jack Bauer one is amazing. The eyes are especially Jack-like IMO. :)

Congrats on the comic - that's great news and well-deserved. :)

Thanks again for the Lando/Tendra. [face_dancing]

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    The Cade/Talon piece was pretty nifty, Glitber. :D

As for your new stuff -- I love the Jacen/Tenel Ka one! It reminds me of one of those Anakin/Padme pics from RotS right after he's turned... And Caedus and Allana is too cute for words! I love seeing pics of him not being the all-mighty Sith Lord. Allana looks adorable -- I'd love to see more drawings of kids from you. :D

Landon and Tendra made me laugh! [face_laugh] Lando's being... so Lando! 8-} [face_love]

I don't watch 24, so I have no idea who Jack Bauer is, but he looks pretty cool.

I love your awesome use of colours! :D Really can't wait to see what you have to show us next! [:D]

5. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    [:D][face_love] ohhhhh Thank U very much for all your nice comments ![face_love][:D]
    I'm so happy my little fanarts are appreciated and has some fans. Thank U to motivate me !!

Han-sama > Thank U ^^ I am also starting to feel that way... no darth Caedus and happy families !! [face_love]

Tahi-san > Ohh thank U so much ! I'm pleased U like it ^___^ It no problem and a pleasure [:D]
    Of course you can post it in your story thread ! Post it anywhere you like

Idri-chan > It cool my J/TK resemble Anakin and Padme [face_mischief] They are like them.
    I'm happy U agree we need more sweet moments with Jacen !! [face_love] It was nice to draw

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I love the J/TK peice![face_love] This one has so much emotion to it! I can really feel the passion they have for one another. great job on all of them! =D=

7. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Glitbiter

Yes, yes, yes, Jacen and Tenel Ka! Jacen and Allana! And Talon.. Is more tremendous! Thanks!=D=

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    WOW! :eek: So many updates I don't know where to start!
    Well firstly, let me congratulate you on a job VERY well done with Cade and Darth Talon, I love that piece to bits! [face_dancing]

I think the pose and shading you used on Han and Leia is amazing, you have a really nice clean style in all your work, but it particularly shone through on this piece for me :D The Luke and Mara one had me welling up all over again *le sigh* and i'm not even that big of a mara fan! [face_blush]

Great stuff on the Lando/Tendra one too, a very rarely drawn couple, lots of fans seem to forget about those two and they had some pretty exciting news in Legacy ;)

All in all a fantastic lot of updates, keep up the great work!

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    wonderful artwork Glitbiter! The conclussion on the family picks makes me think of almost of a making of image with a what could have been or should have been image of father and daughter. A trully emotional and well made piece. Bravo!

I really like the suave play over by Lando, a trully Landoic gesture to his bride=D=

The Baur one is also nice, and seems good compared with the comercials I've seen for the show.

By the way...Any news on the comic gig yet?

10. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    [face_love]Thank U very much for all the nice comments ! They make me very happy [face_love]

Mitth-kun > Thanks^^ I haven't drawn any comic yet... time is limited :(
    Yes Please PLEASE draw Jacen and Allana loool !![face_batting]

Well tomorrow I leave for Paris for my holidays !! [face_love]
    It is one of my favourite places... I would like to live there some years if I could [face_mischief] The people are so nice and lifestyle so cool !

I saw the movie 'Sweeney Todd', and it inspire me to do a fan'art
    It's so awesome and deliciously creepy... and Jonny Depp have very good singing voice loool ^____^

Deadly Obsession;)
    [image=http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1370/18sweeneytoddwy4.jpg]

And Clone Wars Anakin

new style

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

!!!!!!!

Glitbiter, you are officially my hero! I am a HUGE Sweeney Todd and Stephen Sondheim fan (I know the score inside out and have the lyrics memorized for the entire musical :p [face_blush] ). This is one AWESOME piece. Wow. Love how you captured the characters as they appear in the film (I adore the film too, excellent adaption of the musical [face_love] and wonderfully creepy :D ). I love how adoring Mrs. Lovett is and how Sweeney's expression really vocalizes the "Go away before I cut your throat too!" feel. [face_laugh]

Brilliant!

=D==D==D=

*does a happy dance*

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Of course Idri would be the first to run in dancing with joy at Sweeny Todd :p

Awesome piece!! :D

13. Caine-chan

Caine-chan Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2008
    Hi! I really enjoyed looking at your art. Nice and colorful :)
    I like how you illustrate the scenes from the books.
    Keep it up!

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, very nice!! I like your old style a lot, but I also like the way it's changed.

I know, college is great, it's it :D

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Good luck at art college! [:D]

I love your new style just as much as I loved your old one. [face_love] Anakin looks great in this manga-influenced style. I love the darker colours you chose for his clothes and background as well. The cherry blossom is a nice touch. :)

Awesome! =D=

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like your manga style more than the figures of the latest CW movie. Your Anakin has a lot of personallity and drive!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved that new Anakin art.

Great colours and pose.

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks for the okay to post the Lando/Tendra in my story. [:D] Really appreciate it.

The Sweeney Todd is great. :)

The CW Anakin is really good - that expression on his face is telling. He looks both young and yet old - it's in the eyes and the way he holds his mouth. You do such a great job on these details. Your theme definitely comes through in your portrayal of Anakin, and I like the dramatic contrast with Anakin's face pushing the symbol of peace (the cherry blossom) into the background. :) The new style is also very cool.

19. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Tahi has some wonderful observations about your CW Anakin (and I like this new style, too--it's fun to experiment, yes?)--about him appearing "young and yet old," and the subtle metaphoric contrasts in the piece...beautiful! You seem to have gotten used to the new tablet right away--we'll be looking forward to seeing more from it soon! :D

FF

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, really neat!! I love Anakin's hair and his expression. Really great job here.

- Serena

21. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow! Anakin is Awsome! Good luck in school!

22. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    [:D][face_love] ohhhhhh Thank U very much for all the nice comments ! [face_love] [:D]
    I haven't been here in a long time... I didn't expect so many visits ! ^___^ I love U guys so much !

Nat-chan Agrees ! *^___^* College is much better than school !

AzureAngel2 I liked the Clone Wars old style way better than their new one. I'm happy U prefer my work [face_mischief]

Tahi-san Your insights are genius as ever ! ;) You're right about him being both old and young. His experiences must have aged him inside. The Clone Wars movie Anakin is quite serious and critical of others, and resentful. He's been hurt very deeply, but it's really nice that he looks out for Ahsoka, shows there's still some compassion there ^___^ The movie was good for his development as a character ! I actually like him now.

Falcon-Fan I'm happy U like it, even if I don't :p I thought the tablet would be easier to use than I'm finding it, it's hard =/ I keep getting lost on the screen [face_laugh]
    There will be more from it... if the homework will just stop for a second ! [face_praying]:p

Bye,
    Kiyume
    xxx

23. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Today we have the most boring lesson =/
    I took my laptop and tablet to college, and draw a little something to entertain myself ;)

Better time spent than I-)

So, this is one of my favourite character, Jacen Solo, NJO version ^^
    Hope U like him ^____^ I think it's much better than the last.

Now, I read and see the manga "D.Gray Man", so I'm a little influenced...

Hero

[image=http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9835/heroja7.jpg]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your new style with the manga.

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cool!! I love watching your style evolve :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.