main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kiyuuchan's Anime *update 3/23*Mother's day theme, Leia/Jaina, others. And Ben Skywalker ^^

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Glitbiter, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Huh, interesting style. It's always fun to experiment with different things and to watch how your work evolves over an extended period of time. I'm going through an experimental stage with my work at the moment myself and it's quite the ride.

What really makes this piece stand out is it's a side of Jacen Solo you don't expect to see. Nicely done! :)

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I've posted the Lando/Tendra pic in my A/T story thread - so thank you. :)

The Jacen/hero pic is soulful - that's how I would describe it if I only had one word. The big eyes (windows of the soul) are soft and almost dove-like. Even feminine? (An aspect of being twin to a girl?) And then when you take in the mouth, there's an interesting little contrast in that the mouth is quite small and pursed. A little tight? Is he comfortable with being "hero" I wonder? Or is it that the ideal of "hero" and the reality are a bit confusing to him?

I like the way you raise questions in your art. It has a depth to it and layers - which is kind of what a really good anime has, too, I guess. :)

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your manga art is powerful and shows the depths of a character!

4. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Arigatou ! Thank U very much ! ^____^

Han-sama > Thank U ^^ I miss Jacen :_|:_| It is so sad it had to end that way.
    I hope he is remembered as the hero he was in NJO.
    Good luck with your experimenting journey too [:D]

Tahi-san > Your very welcome [:D] U always see so deeply into my art ^____^
    Jacen used to be very gentle and kind and this is what I want to show in my interpretation.

I agree that Jacen would be uncomfortable playing hero, and that he is confused about what a hero is in NJO... that's the impression he give to me so thank U! ^____^

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I love your Jacen and your evolving style. This is really different. There's a lot of character in the piece, I love it. [face_love]

6. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    ^^
    I love that U love it **huggles** [face_love] Have a sweet day chan-desu

This is my interpretation of Jag Fel [face_love]
    Request for Kick (the_pied_piper) who has been waiting so long. Truly sorry for the wait, I hope it is worth it.
    Done in Corel Painter X >> my first in that programme

[image=http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6924/jaglovewg8.jpg]

Kanji read >> I love U :)

About requests... I am happy to paint for U if you have a request :) Though it has to fit in my college deadlines so may not be the quickest

... gambette! ^____^

7. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    It's beautiful Kiyuuchan. I love the youthful appearance Jag has and your use of color. Thank you so much for taking the time to draw it and to share it with us. [:D] [face_peace]

Kick :)

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting rendition.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree, it is definitely an interesting rendition. The eyes are particularly memorizing. I think you captured them very well.

The only thing that distracts my eye is his hand. His fingers appear elongated and too thick. It almost looks like he's all thumbs. Of course that may just be the style you're going for, so I'm not gonna say too much on that. ;)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely new picture and the colours are great

11. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Thank U !! [face_love][:D]

I'll definitely do more in Painter, its much different from Photoshop ^____^

Kick >

... that was speedy! :p [:D]
    I'm happy U were first to see ^____^ And you're very welcome... I'm just happy U like him [:D] :*

Han-sama > Thanks ^^ Your critique is helpful.

I agree about the hands now I look more... I usually elongate the fingers, but they are too thick.
    I'm happy U like the eyes... I always save them for last when I paint as they're my favorite part ! [face_love]

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm so excited to see someone doing Jag! Nice job!:)

13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *nudges Jag*

Why am I not surprised to find you in this thread, hon?

Anyway, kiyuuchan, your Jag is truely amazing and shows the complexety of his character rather well.

14. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Ohh thank U Azure-san and Jag4Me ! That's very nice [face_batting]

Well I must find an idea... I don't have any real inspiration at the moment, so I just draw cute boys ! :rolleyes: looooooool ^____^

And Jag4Me, I <3 your username ! ;)

15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I think you should do more of Jag! :D

16. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    well I would like to do Jag & Jaina. They are good together.

about more Jag I like him very much, and he is also cute ;) > I will do more sometime

17. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    FINALLY a spare moment to comment on your most recent piece--it's wonderful! I could see this as a relatively young Jag, when he was still a civilian (more or less), and still had time he could call his own; perhaps on a hike or a trip, just relaxed and casual! I love the splashes of color (his wrap and his eyes), and the ruffled look to his hair--"cute" really applies! I also like this more painterly style you're working with--it's very quick-looking, and has a wonderful "feel" to it! Lovely work!

FF

18. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Falcon-sama !!

And I just come back breathless from your Jag ^___^

I'm happy U like my interpretation.
    And I was thinking of younger Jag. I want to make him sort of beauty that he is before he is bitter in Dark Nest. he could still have beauty of course, but I imagine he would be harder like your Jag.

I'm really pleased U like his hair, as U are the master of hair ^___^ Ruffled is more cute ;) Personally I think the NJO covers gave Jag awful hair, well at least we can do fanart [face_mischief]

about the painting style, after I see beautiful works in a manga I read I have to try a little style ^^

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I really like the colours in this - the warm, positive background colour sets that kind of mood, and Jag's expression matches it perfectly. He looks peaceful - and his eyes really caught my attention. I like the coloration - the green muted and with a faint touch of grey. It makes him look reflective - maybe quietly puzzling something out? I like the expression anyway - it's intelligent, if that makes sense. His mouth is sweet - slightly turned up - hence that sense of positivity and peace. And I love his hair. :) It's nice to see it ruffled - and I think that adds to the whole carefree mood.

Lovely piece of art. :) Thanks. It made me feel good to see Jag happy. :)

I have a request which I'll PM to you. :)

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    This is adorable! I love the style. The use of colour is wonderful, like Tahi pointed out.

=D=

21. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Thank U very much Tahi-san and Idri-chan ^____^
    You've said such lovely things about my work [face_love] I'm happy U like him ^^

I agree with Tahi-san it does feel good to see Jag happy. And I like what you said about his expression. Jag is a clever man, its important to me that he looks intelligent ^____^

22. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    This is my new Han Solo
    I'm preparing a fanart that is very important to me with Han in, and I struggle with his
    interpretation.

Finally I think his interpretation will look like this

Han Solo Interpretation
    [image=http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3184/hansketchoe6.jpg]
    > the script simply say 'Solo Han' in katakana, japanese script for foreign words

I like it but I am not sure it shows his character?
    If U have any suggestions, please go ahead :)

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The colouring and pose are real nice and in line with your other picture.

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    The pose really does have a Han label on it. Great colouring, once again. The only thing I find slightly odd is the way Han is holding the glass, just because I've never really seen anyone hold a glass that way. :p But otherwise, excellent piece again. :)

25. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    This is an awesome Han! I agree with Idri about how he's holding the glass, it's more a feminine gesture than Han would make.
    Other than that he's yummy. :D I want to run my fingers through that hair.[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.