main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kiyuuchan's Anime *update 3/23*Mother's day theme, Leia/Jaina, others. And Ben Skywalker ^^

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Glitbiter, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Thank U very much ! All this feedback is helpful to improve my work ^____^

Idri-chan
    > With Han he have to have his attitude (;) ) I'm happy the pose is Han-style ^____^ Thanks ^^

[face_laugh]LOL !! I haven't ... it looked cool while I was drawing :p

Jag > I never had my interpretations described as yummy before !! [face_love] It's very desirable ^____^
    Thank U so much for that, it made me very happy [:D]

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay, Han! :D

I have to agree with the others about getting his look down. It's a different interpretation of him, but it's one all your own. You definitely have the shirt just right. I don't want to gush about it, but I'm pretty sure you know the reason why. :p Maybe add the vest to really drive the point home that this is Han?

And just to add on to what Jag4Me pointed out, I agree that the way he's holding the glass is a bit feminine. I think if you have him holding it from the side or the bottom, it'll correct that problem. Other than that, nice job! :)

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oooh, a young Han. [face_love]

I know what you mean about struggling with a Han interpretation. I find the same thing in writing him. It's easy to fall back on the "formulaic" Han - wise-cracking, brash, cutely ego-centric - but he has layers and in certain situations those layers need to come through. What I see here is a young Han, possibly in conversation with someone. He looks pretty relaxed - but when I look in his eyes I get a feeling he's aware of and alert to what's going on around him - kind of keeping track on things. There's something there - a shrewd touch? A canny look? He looks at ease but he's not completely at ease. Sitting casual? LOL Maybe he's in the process of striking some kind of deal. :)

Agree about the way he's holding the glass being unusual, but I love the pose and the overall mood. Another thing I like is the use of highlights and shades of brown. That light haze on the left contrasts nicely with the darker brown and the shadow on the right. And there's a little shadow on his face making that eye look a little watchful, which matches what I said above about him seeming to be alert to something. There's a very faintly dangerous gleam in that eye. I like it. :)

Great pic. Yummy in fact.

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What a great rendering of Han! I agree with the comments so far, that this strikes me as a young Han, perhaps just after he's set out on his own, trying to get by in a world much tougher than he expected--but he's trying to be cool, and to make sure he's not being taken advantage of. Great mood, and I'm with Tahi on that look in his eye--very alert and watchful! As to the glass hand--I've seen people hold a glass from the top this way if their elbow is propped up on something at roughly shoulder level--the back of a couch or chair, a low wall they're leaning up against... As with the other comments, purely a suggestion--simply altering the way the hand holds the glass also works. :) All in all, I think this is a terrific capture of Han--it conveys his characteristic bluster, and I adore that you've got the "Solo Smirk" here--it's perfect! ;)

FF

5. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Han-sama > Thank U very much, I thought you would like him ;)
    I'm very relieved I got his look... I think Han's look is hardest, it's something about him...

ah...I know how you feel about Han ...[face_love][face_beatup]
    though gushing is much welcome ^___~
    I think I will add the vest for my next, thanks ^^

Tahi-san > Thank U too ^___^ I can't see him smiling at that moment, and not really agitated... so I end up with a wary eye ;) Relaxed and having a drink but always on his guard is how I imagine him to be. Han being a smuggler I don't think he would completely relax around people.

About Han's character, it's true... it so easy to end up with a bland interpretation.
    I pepare another fanart, but still having to work on Han :(

[face_love] *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE ! loooooooool*[:D]

And Thank U very much Falcon-sama [face_love] I'm happy U like him
    And young Han trying to be cool... looooool, I can see that [face_laugh]
    Thanks for the suggestion on the hand... but I am not going to change this one, it is only a little practice on Han ^___^

6. jacensolofangirl2007

jacensolofangirl2007 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 30, 2007
    These Pictures are so great! just amazing. I think my favorite one was the Jacen and Tenal Ka ones though! lol

I can't wait to see more!

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A young Han.

*imagines him in the two Han triologies she has at home*

Yep, works for me!

8. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Thank U very much jacensolofangirl2007, I'm happy U like my interpretations of Jacen and Tenel Ka ^___^

And thank U Azure-san, It's good that U can see my interpretation of Han in the books [face_mischief]
    But the two Han trilogies :confused:... Is that 'the Han Solo Adventures' and the other I don't know lol [face_laugh]

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting interpretation. As always, I love your colors.

10. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    ^^ Thank U very much Nat-chan ^___^

So I am a bit nervous about this [face_hypnotized]
    It is a fan'art of Leia, Han and Allana from a scene in Fury (legacy of the force)
    There is something that is really bugging me about Han, I can't understand what bug me so much !... loooool, please help !! [face_praying]

[image=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2913/grandparentssketchyja1.jpg]

To Han-sama, who so kindly agreed to help me >> thank you so much for your patience ! :p I'm so sorry for the trouble with the links.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Han is looking nice like the Han you have drawn earlier and Leia is nice too.
    Allana needs more details (right eye)and hair.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Argh! This is too weird!

I was hoping the image would work in this thread, but when I click on it, all I see is a big "X". I'm guessing Imageshack doesn't like me. :(

13. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Thank U earlybird, I will take your advice and work more on Allana ^____^

Woooooooooow ! [face_hypnotized] this is weird
    For you I have photobucket link [face_praying]
    [image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii98/glitbiter/grandparents_sketchy.jpg]

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, I can't wait to see what this looks like when coloured!

Han looks like the portrait you just finished, which is great. I love Leia and the details in her hair (the braids). Allana is adorable already. [face_love]

My only concern would be that -- and I guess this depends a lot on the colouring when you add that -- is that Leia and Han look a little young. Like ANH young. Again, that could totally change with the colouring, but right now I'm seeing Tenel Ka and Jacen more than Han and Leia. :p

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Argh...still wasn't showing up. I finally gave up and gave the link to my cousin to see if he could see it. Sure enough, it worked for him so he ended up sending it back to me via e-mail. So, after all of that, I was able to finally see it. ;)

With that said, I agree with everyone else's assessment so far. Han pretty much looks like the last image you have of him, so no worries there. What does bother me somewhat is the age you made him in this image. If they are supposed to be grandparents, they look way too young. I think a major part of that is the length and style of Han's hair and the lack of any lines on his face. I know it's nice to believe that the characters(and ourselves :p) never age, but that's not realistic. Then again, I know you're not going for perfect realism with your style, so maybe that's part of it. But going back to what Idrelle said, maybe things will change once the color goes down. I'll save judgment until I see the final piece. ;) But overall, great composition and of course, I love the subject matter. Can't wait to see it finished! :)

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I can not see it either.

17. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    I'm worried now that more people can't see it... I have no idea how to fix this :(

Thank U very much Idri-chan and Han-sama, what you said is very helpful ^___^

I was thinking they look too young... well, no doubt on that loooool ! ^^
    In my colouring I give them a few wrinkles lol ^___^

Han-sama> your story amazes me ! :p Truly I am very grateful for you going to so much trouble to help me [:D]

18. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **is heartbroken**

Oh, my! I can't bring up either picture of the "Grandparents" piece, and I so wanted to see it! :_| I'm not certain, but I do know my own browser can be very "glitchy" when it comes to addresses, and sometimes has a problem "getting there..." It could be just the wrong time of night for me--I'll certainly try again at a later time!

Not to worry, Kiyuuchan--this can sometimes happen!

FF

19. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Whooooooaaaaa !! now even I can't see it !
    too weird, too funny [face_laugh] I'm so confused

It seem to be just the one. Still I am afraid for the future :(

sorry falcon-sama, I will go back try to change the links.

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm confused too, since I have always -- and still can -- see it perfectly. [face_laugh]

21. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    ^^[face_laugh]

hope this works [face_praying]

Grandparents
    [image=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7945/grandparentsjw9.jpg]

from a scene in LotF: Fury the solos see their granddaughter for the first time ! [face_love]
    I been wanting to draw the scene for a long time ^__^

I want to say thank you > arigatouuuuuuuuuuu ;) to everyone who support me here. U motivate me to do fan art !! This is for U :*

The Jedi are like shinobi in my imagination, so yes that is a kimono Leia wears ;)

well I wait anxiously for your response [face_worried] and if U can see it

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I like Leia in the kimono - it suits her somehow. :) Her eyes are beautifully done. I can see relief but also hidden pain - even a little shock, maybe at the fact she hasn't known she has this lovely granddaughter. (I'm thinking of how in Betrayal she told Jacen she was ready for grandkids.) Anyway - there are a number of emotions in there. :)

Alana is very cute - mischievous looking, and so happy to feel safe and be held. Poor wee girl. I like that she's holding the soft toy and the way you've drawn it clutched between her and Leia is very real. Alana doesn't want to let that toy go even now. It emphasises the warmth she needs and has often missed out on.

Han - I love the look in his eyes. It's pure wonder and awe - and his hand is touching Alana's hair as if he cannot believ she's real. That's so poignant. I like the pose with Han's arms around both Leia and Alana. It's very protective and loving. :) (The one thing I would note is that possibly Han's face could be aged a little more.)

I also noticed the stars around Leia and Han and on their hair - a kind of symbol of hope and love. :)

It's a very warm picture - and emotional. Very lovely. =D=

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup! This one works! :D

This really came out great, Kiyuuchan! The method in which you colored it and the colors themselves really bring it alive. The light glow and the stars you placed around each character's head works really well. That was a nice touch! Overall, nicely done! Instantly one of my favorites! :)

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now it's real with that sweet colours and stars. Great job on this and matching the others in that style.

25. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Ohhhhhhhh can't say how happy I am that it works !! I was nervous lol
    I'm so grateful for the thoughts on the sketch... and now the final... thankyouuuuuuuuuuu !! [:D]

I have a plan for a little fanart for christmas [face_mischief]

Tahi-san > The Solos need Allana as much as she need them... they lost two sons :_| to have a granddaughter it must bring hope for the future.

Han-sama > It's your favourite !! :eek: well I am most happy about that ^__^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.