main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Klipsch 5.1 - 500 Watt Computer Speakers

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lord_Reaper, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Well, as we all know. My Birthday is rapidly approaching - March 26th marking the greatest day in human evolutionary history - So, to award myself.. I bought a set of LUCASFILM THX Certified Klipsch 5.1 500 Watt Stereo Surround Sound Computer Speakers.
    Best of all, because they're on clearance at Best Buy, and I manage to talk myself into decent deals... I convinced my manager to give these $499.99 speakers to me for a mere $100 -
    I feel so audiosexy right now, and I just had to share the feeling with my favorite force, the force... the great Phoenix FanForce.
    :D

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I hear you Reaper, I felt the same way when I got my home THX system a couple of years ago. I picked up some DVD's to go with it. My Roomie at the time was inside his car at the front of the house and heard me during the shuttle launch scene of armageddon. All hail THX :D

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm gonna probably save up my allowance and birthday and christmas money(after I'm done with buying stuff for costume and props) and buy Klipsch THX 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers and Surround Sound Card for my Computer. Then I'll find some way to unify the sound system of my computer and Television, and I'll have a sound system of the ages. I might even get a DVD rom for a measly $15 from Fry's Electronics for my computer and use my TV as a monitor. :D The only problem is that altogether, it would cost around $500. By then, I'd probably would have saved up near that much from a JOB!!!

4. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Good luck on using your TV as a monitor, bud. TV's only have about 1/4 the scan lines of a computer monitor, and so your picture will be really crappy without a special converter (I think they're called linn quadruplers, or something like that). They are available, but the picture still won't be as good as your monitor.

5. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    moe your half right. its actually called a scan converter. you have to scanit down for high res. folsom makes one and so does 10/24 we use them on shows all the time. i have become a little video dangerous .

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Sweet! I'm getting that, along with 5.1 speakers that will only set me back $30(for the speakers at least). But, would I need a surround sound card? Because I don't have one. And then, my big bro will envy me. :D

7. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    $30? Are you sure you didn't mean 300? and you're going to need a card that has an out for 2 channel front, 2 channel rear, and an out for the the center and sub.

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Excuse me, they were a 4.1 set of 5 speakers, including the woofer, for $45. Seriously. It's not THX or anything, but it's surround. Too bad the surround sound cards are extremely expensive. Maybe I can ask my parents to give me the whole thing for my birthday in around 4 months(July 16).

9. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    you can get a Creative Labs Audigy 1 card for under 70 bucks: http://www.pricewatch.com/1/202/4551-1.htm

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Thanks! Now I have something to save up for!

11. Lord_Reaper

Nov 8, 2002
    You can also pick up a phillips soundcard that is 4.1 for around 40 or 50 bucks at your local computer Retailer...

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I just found a 6.1 Sound Card and 6.1 Speakers in the Best Buy catalog. They cost $99.99 each. I'll get that instead, but I'll have to wait 3 months to get it, since one of them will be my b-day present, and one I'll buy myself. So, in about 3 months, I'll have surround.

13. Silverbead

Silverbead Jedi Master

Mar 23, 2003
    Hey , If you want I keep an eye out for a good deal at work. I work for Fry's Electronics.

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Sure. Fry's is leet.

15. Lord_Reaper

Nov 8, 2002
    Isn't it l337.. I mean, not that I think using such 5p33k is a good idea. Actually, I think it's dumb for any h4X0r who thinks they r0x0r because they use numbers to replace le773rz

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    h4x0r5 ar3 r0x0r. And 1t i5 1337 not |337. 8-}

17. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    For anyone interested in going all out, saw an ad on the back of PC Gamer...buy the Audigy 2 and Creative Labs's new speaker setup, and get the speakers for 300 bucks (100 off). They're 600 watt 6.1 speakers. THX. mmmmmm. THX.

18. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I picked up my Altec Lansing 6.1 speakers for $68 at Newegg.com, and I love them. I usually buy all my hardware there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.