main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Knight in Shining Armour- ANH Leia vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SpeldoriontheBlended, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    This is my first vignette. The idea just hit me walking back from school today and I wrote it. Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Disclamer- I don't own Star Wars, George Lucas does. I'm not making money out of this. Do not repost without permission from the author!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay there, on the cold, hard bunk, and thought about death. I had seen more than I should have, I know. But as a member of the Rebel Alliance it is inevitable. I had seen snubfighters blossom into all-consuming fireballs in the lonely reaches of space, populated only by micrometeorites and starlight. I had seen my own crew killed in a fight to the death in order to protect me on the Tantive IV. And, before my eyes, I saw my home world destroyed in one instant-millions, billions of people. People with their own lives. Their hopes, their dreams, their loves- bang, flash, goodnight. All gone. My father, Bail Organa. My mother. My aunts. Everyone. All gone, just like that.

How could they do it? Aldaraan was peaceful; we had disarmed in the aftermath of the Clone wars, hoping never to see such strife again. Tarkin knew that, I?m sure. He chose it as a demonstration, to show that no one can escape the punishment of the Empire. His plan will backfire. Everyone knew of Aldaraan?s pacifism, and all will be shocked by its destruction. They shall see Tarkin, Vader and Palpatine for the monsters they are.

I am not afraid of dying. But I will not die easily. I will fight every step of the way. I will spit in Tarkins eye. The interrogation Vader subjected me to have not broken my spirit. I shall stand straight and tall until the moment they strike me done.

The door to my cell hissed like a krayt dragon as it slides smoothly open, jerking me out of my thoughts. A stormtrooper stands in the doorway, one of the white suited grunts of the Empire.

?A bit short for a stormtrooper, aren?t you?? I asked, my voice dripping acid.

The stormtrooper removed his helmet, revealing a young, boyish face framed with golden-blond hair. He can?t be much older than me, I thought.

?I?m Luke Skywalker, and I?m here to rescue you!? he said enthusiastically. His words shocked me. He was not a persecutor. He was not an executioner. He was a knight in shining armour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Very, very nice! I enjoyed it throughly! Good job.

3. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    you can see Leia's spirit...so much like Padmes fighting for what she believes in till her last breath.

very good!

4. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    very good! That sounded just like Leia.

5. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I liked that a lot. I really enjoyed how Leia found a hole in the Empire's plan--that others would resent pacifistic Alderaan being destroyed. Good job!

6. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    KrystalBlaze:

Very, very nice! I enjoyed it throughly! Good job.

Thanks! [face_blush]

little_Skywalker:

you can see Leia's spirit...so much like Padmes fighting for what she believes in till her last breath.

very good!

I figured that Leia wouldn't really walk meekly to her death, seeing as she insults Wookies after only knowing them five minutes! :D

Princess1:

very good! That sounded just like Leia.

Thanks! In one of the books, she's very "hurt them as much as posible", and seeing as anyone one would really hate the man that ordered their world destroyed infront of their eyes, I moddled it around that.

Lady_Moonbeam;

I liked that a lot. I really enjoyed how Leia found a hole in the Empire's plan--that others would resent pacifistic Alderaan being destroyed. Good job!

Again, she's finding ways to hurt the Empire again. She knows that she can't physically do anything to hurt it, but finds a bit of solace in the fact that Aldaraans destruction would make more people turn against the Empire.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and reply to this story. I've now got anothr plot bunny from walking the same way- there must be a warren of the blighters under the pavement. I hope that all the reveiws are as nice as these ones are! :)

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Good work!

- The Imperial Ewok

8. ladyrebelsw1983

ladyrebelsw1983 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2002
    You captured Leia's determined spirit (she is much like her mother in that sense) very well. And at the same time I could sense her grief. Good job!
    Lady Rebel

9. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    You captured Leia's indomitable spirit perfectly. It is no coincidence that her and Scarlett O'Hara are my favorite movie heroines - they don't let anything keep them down. Hope to read more sidewalk inspirations from you in the future.

10. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Thrawn: I'm glad you liked it. Ages ago, but hey. :)

ladyrebelsw1983: Thanks. I just took her anger and determination and typed. :)

Solo_fan: Glad you liked it as well. Actually, I'm putting up somethingelse soon- a random inter-trilogy thing from an odd perspective, which may or may not end up as a prelude for a full-length fic. Stay tuned... :D

11. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Nice! Very well written and fluid. I'm looking forward to your next piece :)

12. TotaleFinsternis

TotaleFinsternis Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Nice! Very good job!

13. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Blended how did I miss this? Well, excellent job as usual. Keep up the good work, especially on the L/C fic ;)
    ~Rosy

14. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Wow! Thanks, guys! :)

Rosy: C/L? It's coming, it's coming... :)

15. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Very nice piece. I loved it. I can imagine Leia sitting in that little room and thinking these thoughts in the very clutches of the Empire!

Great work!

16. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I like it. Very realistic.

17. Lorax

Lorax Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Because I liked it so much... UP!! :)

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Very nice little viggie, Spleddy. I loved Leia's thoughts on the death star, and how she faces death. Very good. And of course, my Lukie being a Knigh in Shining Armor doesn't hurt things at all! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.