main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Knight Of Darkness-(V/P romance with a twist)AU(10/01) Rewrote the mush of the last post.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sabrelight, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    SYPNOSIS
    Anakin never becomes a jedi, he is rejected for being too old and sent back to Tatooine after Quigon's death. Will that change his destiny? His future with Padme? Or will fate lead him to the same destination through another route. How will a helpless ex-slave come to the notice of a monarch thousands of lightyears away? This fic branches into an AU after the events of TPM .

This is an on going fic on the classic board but I want to transfer it here, one or two posts at a time.

2. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    The Naboo sun shone bright behind the handsome young man leaning on the stone balcony at the end of the corridor. The birds chirped and the smell of summer flowers wafted from the sprawling gardens below.

The corridor seemed endless to Padmé as she hurried towards her fiancé, as is it she had made him wait long enough. She squinted through the dazzling light in an effort to catch the infectious grin on his face or the twinkle in his brown eyes, that she knew would be there to greet her.

The Young man stood straight as she approached him, he was dressed in a crisp army uniform, cutting a dashing figure as he held out his arms to her.
    Padmé jogged the remaining distance ready to throw herself into those welcoming arms.

Suddenly a dark, hooded form, his cape bellowing behind him, appeared out of nowhere, casting a shadow over her. She looked up in terror as the faceless shape held up a thick-gloved hand, blocking her path. Then he stepped towards her, pulling his hood back as he did so, her blood curdled at the gruesome sight before her.

Standing before her was death itself; his skulled head devoid of any skin or flesh, two fiery orbs of blue blazed from the sockets where his eyes should have been. His mouth was set in a perpetual malevolent grin as he gestured her to come closer. She backed away terrified.

Suddenly the apparition turned around to face the young man, who was reaching for his blaster. She saw a flash of red and screamed-Aji, looked down in disbelief, he wasn?t standing on his legs but on short stumps where his knees should have been. He did not have time to lament his loss as the red flashed again, he heard a scream but it was from far, far away, he squinted at something familiar on the floor-that arm, it was his, he recognized the gold engagement ring on one finger-then the red flashed again and all went dark.

3. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    POST # 2

Padmé woke up with a start, her body trembling and her clothes wet with sweat. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the empty room, it was dark but a little light from the waning moon filtered through the port window.

Pressing her hand to her breast to calm her beating heart, she sagged back into the pillows. Tears welled in her eyes as she thought about the nightmare. Why was it dogging her, night after night it plagued her.

She jumped suddenly as a muscular arms slid across her belly; the bed creaked softly as the man beside her turned in his sleep, pressing his body against her. She held her breath, as she looked at his face from the corners of her eyes, then releasing it when it was evident that he was fast asleep.

Slowly she turned her head towards him. Staring hard at the almost angelic young face, his long lashes quivered slightly as she gently caressed the soft skin, tinged blue by the moon beans. Burying her fingers in his short blond hair, she gently swept it away from his forehead.

He looked so serene and peaceful, so innocent and vulnerable; she could almost love him-if anybody could ever love the devil. Looking at him now, no one would guess this was the same twisted tyrant who?s mere look could scare stiff, prisoners, warriors and generals alike.

Never had the galaxy seen such ruthless efficiency. Within months of gaining control of the forces he had rampaged through the galaxy, leaving a trail of quick and ruthless victories. Yet this man was her husband, she who had never hurt a living creature intentionally, even as a powerful ruler-yet now she was wife to this beast.

4. Cammi_Kenobi

Cammi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    Wow :) great story!!! I hope ther's another post soon!

5. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    THanks Cammi. More coming soon!

6. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    POST # 3

With her nails Padme drew an imaginary line across the sleeping man's neck, across the thick vein that stood out at the side, ?How easy it would be to end the galaxies woes, here, right now.? She thought, for though this man trusted her she could very easily strike at his vulnerable jugular, while he slept. She nodded in defeat, she could not do it.

She jumped again as he moved, snatching her hand back. Fearful that he may have read her thoughts, but he only moaned again, his brows furrowed deeply, as he muttered something softly, then he pulled her closer. She knew under the fearsome stone mask that he wore, was a terrified boy running away from his insecurities. She noticed he never slept well, moaning and muttering in his sleep.

Padmé leaned her head against the headrest and looked down at the blond head buried in her neck. Why was she here at all she wondered. How did she fit in with this man-He seemed to want her company, want her warmth and her body. And yet he was so harsh and crude.

But what surprised her was that he had never confessed his love to her nor cared to show it in any other way, yet he had chased her across the galaxy, kidnapped and forcibly married her days before her marriage to her fiancé of two years-Aji-mal Nabberie, her cousin from her great uncle?s side.

Her heart ached as she thought what could have been, and could never be. She sighed as she turned, coming face to face with a set of cold blue eyes that seemed to pierce her very soul. She shot up on one arm alarmed. Her heart beat fast, she gulped as the soft angelic features changed, the hardness engulfed his features, washing down like a cold wave from his eyes to his chin. She watched the angel transform into a stone faced Sith right before her eyes, the soft features were now sharp and angular, his lips were stretched tight, one end of it turned up wolfishly. He reached up his hand to trace the corner of her chin then her mouth. She flinched as he touched her tender, swollen lips.

?Did I do this to you?? He whispered, his breath on her neck sending cold shivers down her spine. He pulled her close to him, his lips turning in a sardonic smile- Padmé pushed back instinctively to avoid the inevitable pain. However, his eyes seemed to soften a bit.

He began to gently- as gently as a Sith lord could -caress the bruises; on her face, neck and the rest of her body, never taking off his steely eyes off her face-he knew exactly where he had hurt her the night before. Within minutes, her skin was clear of all swells and bruises. She sighed. Each night she would endure the hate and the anger that were his passions and the then in morning, he would heal her again.

Yet she welcomed the torture, nor would she try to escape it, even if she got a chance to do so, even if the fate of Naboo did not hang on it. It was so much easier to be the victim; she deserved it-for had she not played an active part in bringing Palpatine into power! And Anakin! Wasn?t she to blame for his turn, if not fully then partially at least-even though she had not realized it then. She blamed herself wholly for the woes of her friends, of Naboo, of the Jedi and the whole galaxy.
    She let her head down on his chest, resigning herself to her fate.

7. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    *moves to new thread* I didn't know you were reposting the story over here. :) Are you going to continue updating on the old one? In any case, I hope you get a new post up soon! This is one of the best stories on here!

8. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm going to repost here one post at a time, till then the updating will only be done on the old forum.

BTW I'm working on the next post.

9. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
    Wow! Another great post! I can't wait till the next one :)

Seraph_Skywalker: I totally agree! This is one of the best stories I've seen!!!

10. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Cammi I have another post.

Post # 4

?Do you love me?? She asked suddenly as she snuggled up to him. Vader was caught by surprise; he tilted his head and stared at her.

Padmé chose the moment to run her hands up his chest and into his hair.

?Do you?? She whispered, her face inches away from his. All the while, she kept her eyes locked on his. She saw the blue waver and melt, just a little, then it became soft, his hands slowly snaked around her waist pulling her to him and closing the distance between them.

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep?.

Vader jumped. Throwing the covers he, lunged for the comm on the side table.

It was the emperor.

?Yes! Master I will be there soon,? he said in a soft servile tone, which he used only to address his master.

"Palpatine is here?" Padmé asked, but Vader just ignored her as he got up and headed for the walk-in closet.

He came out dressed in his usual black captain?s uniform. He sat on a chair by the bed. A droid walked up to him handing him his cape and gloves. Vader pulled the gloves on while the droid helped him with his boots.

You didn?t answer my question,?
    Padmé pressed. He ignored her as he pulled on the black gloves.

?Anakin tell me.?

?No!? He roared, suddenly turning to stare at her, the coldness marring his perfect features his eyes hardening again.

?I?m a Sith, I know only hate and anger, it is the energy that feeds my need for power, without which I would still be a filthy, grimy slave-boy? He said acerbically.

?Why then did you marry me?? She cried out, ?Marriage is an institution of love; you probably courted your masters disapproval and anger in the process. Why!? She asked again.

?You were a prize. My promise. The ghost of that insecure slave would not let me until I was master to a queen, that?s why I married you.? He said shrugging his shoulders as he buttoned up his sleeves.

He began to move but she caught him by the arm,

?And what about this,? She said pressing his hand against her belly.

?Anakin! Can you deny the life that grows in my womb?? She said raising her voice. ?Don?t you even care for him??

He stared at her sternly, but she did not back away as she usually did, she wanted an answer.

?He is the product of hate and anger! He will be strong and powerful someday!? Vader stated. ?And don?t call me Anakin, dare you taunt me with my miserable and shameful past,? He hissed.

Roughly pulling his hand away, he stood up, donning his cape as he walked out through the sliding door. Padmé stared after him as the door slid shut, leaving her to digest what he had said. She had been so positive that there was some good in him-which love would bring out. But he wasn?t even concerned for his child. She threw herself down on the pillow her body shaking with the intensity of her emotions.

11. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000

Post # 5

Padmé pressed her eyes shut as the tears rolled down her face, her eyes staring blankly at the white walls of her room, where she lay sprawled on the her bed. She sniffed, hugging the soft silk pillow to her face. Her mind began to wander to what was, as always, when she felt melancholic.

Vader had provided her the best accommodations on his flagship, a star destroyer; it was a two-bed suite complete with a kitchen and a living room. There was a small room in one corner, which served as his study and workroom.

Her bedroom was spacious, by ship standards. There was a huge bed made of solid wood, next to the window, a dressing table and stool stood in one corner. A walk-in closet, situated on the other side, led to a large fresher equipped with all modern facilities.

The living room was also decorated tastefully, in one corner, a sofa and two armchairs sat facing a big flat viewing screen hanging from the wall. A small dining table with four chairs stood by the kitchen door. All the furniture and draperies were rare and expensive. Priceless works of art adorned the walls.

Two droids stood ready to serve her. Meleen, a human female served not only as her personal nurse but also as her companion. The other bedroom was converted to a nurse station, housing all the equipment that was needed to monitor Padmé?s and the baby?s health.

But despite all this luxury Padmé was technically still a prisoner here. This apartment was her gilded cage, where Vader kept her like an exotic bird. Except for occasional trips to the hydrophonic garden on one of the higher levels of the ship, always accompanied by Meleen and two guards, she wasn?t free to leave the suite if and when she chose.

The only time she traveled off ship was when Vader took her to attend the official parties and gatherings of government or army officers. He loved to show off his beautiful bride and former queen to his fellow officers, parading her in outrageously expensive clothes and jewelry. There were many who envied this young man?s sudden rise to such a high rank, his dashing good looks and his beautiful wife.

Every thing it seems had worked for Commander A Vader, the young gangly nobody who came on the scene at the right time in the right place. No one seemed to know much about his past or where he came from? Though, it was no mystery for her, of course.

The Clone wars had just started when fifteen years old Anakin came to Coruscant He joined the naval academy and graduated within a year. His extraordinary skills and the urgency of war greatly speeded up the process of graduating pilots. Due to heavy casualties on the battlefield and the sudden colossal increase in the size of the republic armada, it was difficult to keep up the demand for new pilots.

Boys and girls as young as fifteen could expect to get an opening, though once there, it wasn?t assured how long one could keep one?s job. On average, a republic pilot had a pretty short life.

But Young Vader survived everything thrown his way, he had some pretty close scrapes but joining the war and then managing to stay alive- a full four years, said a lot about his skill and survival instincts. By the end of the war, he had won just about every medal for bravery, skill, and courage.

12. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
    Wow! Another good post (actually two good posts) :D Keep going this is so good!

13. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
  14. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Wow...I like this.....

It's different and although I like mush and romantic stories it is good that I read stories like these....

I like a Vader marrying Padme and being the boss for once....(I don't like macho men but I'm liking this..i guess because I ain't Padme :) )

Vader will have a son....cool.....he'll be a baddy too!!!

15. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Cammi and C3solo

Post # 6

Padmé remembered that day well, when with Qui-Gon and Jar-jar she had entered that junk shop on Tatooine and her fate was sealed forever. Who would?ve thought that little innocent child with his cute smile and nimble fingers could one day twist so many destinies and snuff out thousands of others.

The little boy had gone out of his way to help them, risking his life and earning them a chance to escape. Qui-Gon had sensed that the boy was special and had pulled him along to Coruscant.

But the Jedi Council had been adamant on their stance; the boy was too old to be trained they had said. Qui-Gon had resorted to defiance even but the council had resorted to evasive action, telling him, that he had a mission on hand and that the boy?s case would be reviewed later when they returned from Naboo.

?Stay in the temple, the boy must, Qui-Gon,? Yoda had told the tall master, ?into a war zone, take a child, you cannot.?

?You will have your hands full protecting the queen; the boy will only distract you from your duty.? Mace Windu added.

Though the masters? words had made sense, Qui-Gon had given in grudgingly, vowing to pursue the boy?s case on his return, not knowing that he never would.

Padmé had thought it a good thing that they had not brought Anakin along to Naboo. The drastic change of scenes from a quite dusty planet right into a boiling battle could have proven bewildering for the slave boy and may well have spelt his doom.

In the end, Qui-Gon could not save his own life as he fought the vicious Sith, that stepped out from nowhere. The Sith kept both the Jedi engaged so that even though she had been promised Jedi protection, Padmé fought most of the battle without them.

Instead, she had to rely on her own ingenuity and shrewdness to over come the Viceroy in the throne room. Once she had him hostage to her blaster, the war was over. The Niemodians then had to sign a new treaty very much in Naboo?s favor.

Nevertheless she owed an immense debt to Master Qui-Gon and his young apprentice Obi-Wan , if they had not kept the Sith busy she would never have made it to that particular throne room. She would always remember the soft-spoken Jedi master who had given his life for freedom and justice and so would the people of Naboo.

Now she wished that Qui-Gon were alive, the people of Naboo were more oppressed than ever under the ungiving thumb of Darth Vader, and they were praying for another savior.

?Qui-Gon had been right all along,? she thought with a snort, ?and the council had been wrong. Anakin would never have been discovered by the Sith if he had been trained in the light side,? she thought. ?And he would never have been so bitter against the Jedi if they had given him a chance.? She blamed the council fully for the birth of this monster.

?How could they be so short sighted, to let someone so powerful (and so vulnerable) to roam free unprotected and unguided?? She thought with regret.

?With Anakin and his extraordinary powers on their side the powerful Jedi Order would be invincible against a couple of Siths.? She thought despondently

?Palpatine! That conniving snake had known the potential Anakin held, and had searched him out. He had planned and plotted and brought out the worst in the boy, then used him against the Jedi.?

How she wished she could go back in time, back to that day when she had let this snake sway her against her friend and ally chancellor Velorum. But what?s done was done and now she was paying the price for her actions along with the people of Naboo and the Galaxy.

She blamed herself for the wrong done to the galaxy and she vowed to somehow undo the damage even if it cost her life.

But at the moment she had to think about her baby, she smiled as she caressed her slightly bulging abdomen. Closing her eyes she imagined it floating within her, it was almost three months now. This little light within her was the reason the Sith could not break her spirit, but inevitably the next question always followed w

16. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Very cool story!!

17. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
    Good post!!! I can't wait for the next one!

18. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Great story sabrelight. I have one too called The Journey in this forum. My user name is shadesaw. Please read and tell me what you thought. By the way keep up the great work.

19. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Just upping this.

20. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
  21. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks guys, Shadesaw I'll check your fic-when I find some time. I have another post.

Post # 7

Vader charged through the corridors of the ?Destructor?, his cape flying wildly behind him. Officers and soldiers hurried to move out of his way. They were familiar with the dark lords swinging moods, this time all could see that he was really pissed off.

?Too soft!? Vader muttered angrily to himself, ?lenient!? He hissed, at the words the emperor had used to describe his new policies concerning the rebellion. ?Dammit! why doesn?t he understand that pressing too hard can make them resist harder. After all weren?t these scum the by-product of the emperors brutal campaigns in the mid worlds.?

?Strike, and strike hard,? the emperor had said. ?A few worlds will suffer but it will set an example to the other worlds who will bow to my rule without a fight. In the long run fewer lives will be lost and more worlds can be absorbed into folds of the empire, prospering and intact worlds not ruined and burnt out shells.? His master had said.

Vader shook his head; his hands balled into hard fists beside him. A slow moving droid, dragging a tools trolley suddenly cut a corner. In a blink of an eye the unsuspecting droid was a pile of smoking pile of scrap against the far wall. Vader angrily kicked at the scattered tools as he passed by.

?Damn him!? Vader thought without giving another thought to the unfortunate droid.

?I see that Amidala has you on leash my apprentice, it is not a good sign!? Palpatine had said and that remarked had really galled the young Sith lord.

?I?m no one?s pet!? His had screamed back within the shielded confines of his mind. He was a seething cauldron by the time he charged into his suite.

?Up! Up!? Vader bellowed as he burst through the bedroom door.
    Padmé jumped up startled out of her reverie.

?What are you staring at woman! Haven?t you seen a Sith before.? He shouted. Padmé sat up not knowing what he was getting at. However, it wasn?t unusual for him to be worked up like this whenever he?d been with Palpatine.

?The emperor wants to see you.? he growled impatiently, ?I?ve come to take you to him.?

?I really don?t feel well,? She moaned, all she wanted to do was lie down. Suddenly she was yanked up harshly. ?The emperor is here for you,? He said with gritted teeth,

?Anakin, I just threw up my breakfast??

?No excuses,? He said as he threw her down on the bed. Then grabbing her by the hair he pulled her face up to his own, ?I?m going back I?ll send an escort to pick you up. In fifteen minutes I expect you to be by my side in the throne room,?

Padmé for her part just averted her eyes away from him, ?look at me!? He roared. She winced as he tightened his grip on her hair.

Her lips were trembling and her nostrils flared as she struggled to control her breathing. She looked at him with an unwavering boldness, straight into those emotionless cold blue of his eyes.

?Why should I?? She spat out. ?I hate him, I hate his stench and you want me to bow to him. No!?

She knew the consequences and knew that in the end, he would break her but now and then, she did resist.

Vader wasn?t too lenient this time; her screams could be heard all the way up the corridor though the ex-queen was not one to scream easily. The guards outside the door looked at each other uneasily. They would not be able to relax until the next change of guards. Arakas, one of the guards, gulped nervously thinking of his pregnant wife back home.

He was sorry for Padmé, she deserved better than that madman. The door slid open suddenly and Arakas almost jumped out of his white armor as the Sith stormed out through the door, brushing hurriedly past him, Vader reached and pushed him out of the way. The sentry crashed against the wall then crumpled to the floor, his legs too weak to hold him up. No one moved, not until the elevator doors slid shut behind the black visage. Then and then only did they let their breath escape. The other guard

22. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    I missed two posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bad me! Bad me!!

That was great sabrelight!!!!! :)

I can't wait for more...i wonder what got the Emperor in that mood....he sensed something for sure!!

23. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000

Post # 8

Padmé stood at the portside window that occupied nearly half of the wall. She stared at the endless expanse of space, at the blue jewel that was her beautiful planet. So beautiful and yet so helpless, its strength and survival rested on the delicate shoulders of one spineless ex-queen and ex-senator. She hung her head in shame. She had once been defiant and strong willed but she had seen too much suffering and pain and it seemed to her that she could not carry this burden for long.

Vader was the key, if she kept him happy and dependent on her, Naboo could enjoy relative freedom. She was ashamed at her selfish actions earlier when she defied Vader concerning the visit to the Emperor, and that she?d been more worried about her baby. In his turn Vader had reminded her more than once that she was the key to Naboo?s well being. She knew what that meant-committing her body and soul to Vader and total loyalty to the emperor.

?Well!? She thought with a sigh as she pressed her forehead against the cool glass of the window, she would be a slave but that was a small price for the safety of a million beings.

A whooshing sound interrupted her reveries, turning she saw Vader stride inside. Without a word he headed straight for the closet and began to throw out clothes and other belongings of his onto the bedroom floor. RamC5, his personnel droid gathered the clothes from the floor and packed them neatly into a small bag.

Ram, as Vader called the droid was one of the top of the line droids, but he wasn?t bug proof, more than once Vader had lost patience with him and threatened to dump him out through the air lock.

?They don?t make them like they used to, ?He?d grumble often at the bland, emotionless droid. Mass-produced droids naturally could not be expected to be caring and considerate as the individual handcrafted droids of older times had been. Those droids were works of art they had unique personalities, reflecting to some degree, the personalities or fantasies of their creators or owners.

Padmé remembered the day that Anakin had found C3PO-or what was left of him,-not long after their wedding. He had rushed in excitedly calling her name. She had rushed to the living room to see him overturning a container on the table, presumably filled with old and rusted parts along with tangles of wires.

?Padmé look at what I found!? He had exclaimed with a twinkle in his eyes, she hadn?t seen him so exuberant not since the time when on Tatooine the boy had won his first pod race. She stared at him, a half a small on her face, ?inside he is still just a boy.?? She had thought then and she felt even now, that the little boy was still hiding somewhere behind the dark shadows that surrounded Vader.

Anakin had explained that he had found the droid in an old wreck of a ship that had crashed somewhere in the Jundland wastes.

The droid looked quite dead; technically, it would need a lot of time and effort to restore it to its old state but she knew Anakin better. Conquering the galaxy was not exactly a breeze; even then, Anakin took out time for his latest pet project. Traveling between distant planets usually was the break the dark lord got to be with his wife or indulge him-self in assembling the droid. Those were the only times when she had got a glimpse of the young man that Anakin would have been had hate not claimed him and twisted his being.

Padmé would bring some caffe and settle down on the chair next to his worktable, handling him tools and parts across the table while he explained the intricacies of robotics and circuits boards. Though she did not understand much of the jargon, she liked to be near him when he was like this- a normal person with fears and trepidations. He discussed everything, smiling at her and sometimes leaning over and kissing her.

The nights too were tender she actually looked forward to lie down in his strong arms and know what it was to be loved by a man and not a monster.

She had been in a state of bliss. They were out of the Naboo system and Naboo?s

24. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, this is wonderful, Sabre!! :D

I love it so far! :)

25. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Monica, more soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.