main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Knight Of Darkness-(V/P romance with a twist)AU(10/01) Rewrote the mush of the last post.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sabrelight, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cammi_Kenobi

Cammi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    Grrrrrr!!! I missed too posts! That was so great! Keep it up! I wonder whats up with the Emperor?

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Wow that was great!!!

So he can still show a little side of Anakin every now and then huh? Interesting....

more!!!

3. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks guys
    Post # 9

Padmé could not understand it. She had been sure he would be over-joyed at the prospect of being a father. From the very beginning, he had implied that his main reason for consuming the marriage was to bear an heir to the empire. So, why had that little being growing within her made him so aloof and bitter? Actually she had hoped with all her heart that this development would create a chink in the thick wall that Anakin had set around him. A chink that is all she thought she needed to get into his heart, and free him from his dark prison.

Padmé slumped back against the pillows trying to hold her tears. Anakin was in conflict, his changing moods and personalities just reinforced her suspicions that darkness hadn?t consumed him fully. Though Palpatine?s training and mind washing sessions were dragging her husband deeper and deeper into the maw of darkness, it had not yet claimed him.

?A Sith does not tie down his loyalties and faith to mere beings. Relationships served only to make one weak and vulnerable.? Anakin had said, when she had asked about the Sith and relationships. ?My loyalties are only with one person-my master, that too until the times comes for me to be master. As soon as I?m stronger I shall not hesitate to crush him and take over his empire.?

But she knew other wise, times when he would rush into her room after a long mission, his eyes alight with joy that he could not conceal. An unexpected touch, a smile, a warm hug. So many times, he had woken her in the middle of the night, far, far out in deep space when he thought his master would not know. He had shown her tenderness and compassion that belied his claims that his relations to her were purely duty bound.

Later he would usually resort to violence to cover up for what he felt as a lapse in discipline. The more violent he became the more she knew how hard he was trying to deny his feelings. She was sure Anakin still had a long way to go before he was an accomplished Sith.

It had been months since the last time that they had enjoyed any private time together. Anakin was always off on missions that kept him away sometimes for months. He came home rarely and spent a night or two at the most and then he would be gone again. C3PO lay disjointed and inert across the worktable, patiently waiting for is creator to revive him back to the living.

She suspected the emperor was not too happy about the influence she was having on him, and so tried to keep him away as much as possible.

She sighed and closed her eyes, ?I swear by the force I will fight to bring him back, I will fight till the last ray of darkness has left him,? She vowed to herself.

?Palpatine, you have taken away everything from me that I held dear-but you will not have my husband and father of my child. No! You slimy son of a rancor, I will fight for him?to the death.? She thought as she nearly ripped the sheets in anger.

4. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yay, go Padme!! :) :p

Great post, Sabre! :)

5. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Wow!!!! That's great!!!

More soon!! i can't wait to see what the Emperor has in store for the baby!!!

6. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
    Good post! Padme's gonna kick Emperor butt!

7. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks guys!

8. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
  9. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  10. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  11. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
  12. Cammi_Kenobi

Mar 30, 2003
  13. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  14. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  15. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Uppers!!!!

Will there be a new post soon?

16. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I never even realized that you were posting this here. I just got done reading it on the other board, and left you a reply there. I can't repeat it here, since this isn't as far yet, but I look forward to seeing it here! Are you going to complete it there, or are you focusing on this one? Either way, I'll be here, waiting for more!

--later--

17. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Leia, I'll try to post on both boards. Actually I sort of forgot about this thread.

But I'll try not to forget. I'm hoping to post the beta-ed version he but my beta too it seems is wrestling with DRL just like me.

18. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    apologies for forgeting about this thread. But RL is sooo distracting. But I'll try to be more regular in the future. Here is another post.

Post # 10

A loud crashing noise brought her back to the present. Ram was lying prone against the wall; by the look of it Vader had kicked him again.

?What are you looking at!? He snarled turning to her. She quietly knelt down next to the bag and began putting the remaining things in.

She struggled to close the overstuffed bag, Vader knelt next to her and impatiently pulled the bag away from her, closing it easily himself. Before he could stand, she caught his arm.

?Anakin, are you leaving? She asked softly. She dreaded the thought of him leaving her, not with that slime Palpatine still on board the ship.

?The emperor has assigned me on a mission to the outer rim. The Balash system is in chaos. I?m to quell the unrest and bring back order,? He said in a restrained voice.

His muscles were tense under her hold; she saw that he was fighting hard to control his anger. It was the emperor, she knew, he was very good at working him up, feeding the flames of his emotions with hate and anger until he was like a volcano ready to explode.

?Wh?will you be back soon?? She asked not bothering to conceal the dread in her voice.

Vader looked away, ?I have no idea. This mission may take weeks, maybe months.? She felt his muscles relax.

Suddenly she grabbed him around the waist and clung tightly to him.

?Anakin! Take me with you, please. Don?t leave me here alone.?

Vader held her back so that she faced him, ?You know I can?t. It?s not safe for you in a battle zone, not in your condition.?

?Anakin! Please!? She begged, the tears threatening to pour. ?I?m in great danger here, please don?t leave me with the emperor I know he means to harm my baby,?

?What are you talking about?? He hissed, his body tensing like a coiled whip. Grasping her by the shoulders, he shook her roughly, ?What makes you think that!? He was nearly screaming now. Pushing her back, in a blink he was Vader again.

Padmé fell back hard against the bed, ?He?s going to hurt my baby I know it,? She screamed back. She could not hold back her tears any longer. Putting her head on her elbow, she leant back on the bed and began to sob uncontrollably.

Vader let out his breath impatiently as he stood up; he grabbed the bag and hurried away towards the door. He stopped short just steps away from the door.

?You are safe here,? he said in a controlled voice, though it came out softer than he had meant it to be. Padmé shook her head, refusing to believe him.

?Why would the emperor want to harm?our?child?? He asked, the words sounding alien to him. He had always called it ?your child or just, the baby.?

?I mean wouldn?t I feel it, if something were to happen to you?? When she did not reply he proceeded to leave the room, but stopped again in the middle of the slide doors. He looked back, uncertain whether to just leave or console his fretting wife. He had a momentary feeling of foreboding, then it disappeared.

Anakin gave a defeated sigh! ?It?s a girl,?

Her head shot up! ?What!?

Anakin shrugged,? The baby is female and so the emperor isn?t interested. There?s nothing for you to worry about!?

?A girl! Why didn?t you tell me-you would know-wouldn?t you?? Padmé said, ?Was that why you have been so cold to me all this while?? Anakin just shook his head and was about to speak. But she interrupted him, ?Anakin this child is your flesh and blood does it make a difference whether it?s a daughter or a son??

Anakin rolled his eyes, ?Padmé, its not??

The comm on his belt beeped. It was the captain informing him that his shuttle was ready. He glanced at Padmé one more time, then making a final decision he walked out of the room.

Padmé stared after him as he stepped out into the living room, she saw a soldier come forward and grab the bag from him. Before she could open her mouth again, the doors slid shut leavin

19. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    awww, poor Padme!! :( If only Anakin could escape Palpatine's grasp and realize how mean he's being to his wife!!

Great post, though! I can't wait to read more! :)

20. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Great story. I can feel Padme's pain and suffering. Hope Anakin sees the light soon.

21. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Monica and chrystal Kenobi.

22. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Post # 11

The star destroyer ?Destructor?:

Vader heaved a sigh of relief as he descended the shuttle. He was in a good mood; the mission had gone very well, that too without firing a single bolt. He had come to a deal with the locals, granting them a few concessions along with some subtle arm-twisting-a deal that the emperor would like.

The guards at the door to his suite were casually discussing amongst themselves as they leaned against the door. Arakas held his helmet loosely in his arms, the last person he expected was Vader. The Sith had left three days before and he usually did not return from his missions before a week or more. Only when he saw his companion freeze into an ?attention? stance did the trooper look back and see the dark shadow at the end of the corridor hurrying towards them, a posse of attendants following behind him. The terrified guard threw his helmet on hastily, only to realize that he couldn?t see anything.

?I?m dead!? he moaned as he fumbled again and managed to get it on right just before Vader came within arms length. He stood at attention and both the guards saluted smartly as Vader neared the door, The dark Lord nodded and was about to enter, then hesitated,

?Which one of you is Arikas?? He questioned

A silence followed-as palpable as solid ice.

?My lord, I...,? The Guard squeaked.
    ?Padmé told me about your wife, when is she due?? Vader cut in as he turned sharply towards the quivering man.

The guard gawked stupidly, the monotonous expression of the helmet looking up at Vader.

?Talk man! And for forces sake get that %$#@ helmet off when your talking to me,?

Arikas pulled the helmet off, revealing a very pale face; brown eyes round with fear and a disheveled head of sandy hair. His tongue still refused to work.

Vader stared the man down with his intense blue eyes. He was amused and angry at the same time. Why did his men have to fear him so much? At first he had liked the aura of invincibility and the power of having people?s fate in his hands, but like a shot it struck him then, the real reason for this behavior. It had to do with his past as a slave. For too long, others had controlled his destiny. He had spent all his childhood under the fear of possible reprisals and punishments of his masters and the only way he could assure himself that he was no longer, a slave was to be a master himself-a ruthless master.

Vader sighed impatiently, ?I asked you something!? He said in a more controlled voice as though he was making an effort to rein in his anger.

?My Lord in... four...months, I think? The man stammered, wondering if Vader meant to put off his execution till then.

?Fine!? Vader said as he fumbled in his front pocket. Arikas watched with dread as Vader fingered his data pad then taking out a thin plastic card he slid it through a slot in the pad and gave it to the guard in question.

Arikas stared dumbfounded at the small card. He could only see two red sabers crossed over the emperial insignia, which was Vader?s personal emblem and it signified his pledge to protect the empire but to Ari it was the symbol of his doom.

?My execution order,? He thought nearly falling to his knees.

?In two months..,? Vader began, ?In two months!, ?Arikas repeated, ?but My Lord! What did I do?? It was obvious he was going to cry.

Vader ignored the major laps in protocol and continued.

?Yes in two months you will leave for your home planet and be with your wife till she gives birth.? Vader said as he strode inside and disappeared. Leaving the whole gathering dumbfounded. The attendants each carrying several packages looked at each other questioningly then at the man who was staring with disbelief at the card in his hands.

?Man! Did you see that,? Whispered one of the attendants.
    ?I wonder what this means,? The other replied in a low whisper.

?I don?t believe my eyes, give me that card,? said Vic, Ari?s companion, as he grabbed the card and slid it swiftly through the scanner slot of his data pad.

Then he let out a low

23. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Post # 12

Vader still had a faint smile on his face as he entered their bedroom. He wwanted to surprise Padmé, knowing how desperate she had been when he had last left her. He assumed that she would be happy to see him. Besides he was elated with his victory and needed to share it with her. The smile dramatically softening his handsome features.

He reached the door and a heavy blast of despair hit him as soon as it slid open; his smile disappeared as he stepped in noiselessly. The room was unusually dark and deathly quite. He didn?t mind the darkness but he knew that Padmé hated it except when she was in a sentimental mood. But the mood now was anything but sentimental.

He didn?t have to search for her; the vortex of this gloom seemed to emanate from his favorite recliner. Covered in black leather it would?ve been hard to detect in the dark but he found it easily and its occupant too, curled up into a ball so tiny an ordinary person may have mistaken her for a child.

Vader waited for her to move, but she lay there motionless staring into the shadows. He let out an exasperated breath then threw his belt noisily to the floor and still she did not move. It wasn?t long before a feeling of apprehension overtook him, he knew something was wrong, very wrong.

He came to her side and leaning on the arm of the recliner, he stooped down to her. ?Aren?t you happy to see me?? He whispered in her ear. She didn?t move sitting still like a statue and staring into nothingness.

Vader sat on his haunches so that he was face to face with her, he flicked his hand and the darkened window lightened up slowly as the tint factor lowered. Slowly the light from ?Umera?, Naboo?s second moon filtered into the room- washing it with its ghostly blue glow, but none more ghostly than the creature before him, Vader flinch and almost fell back.

?What?s the matter? What happened?? His face filled with genuine concern. He stared at the emaciated face that he did not recognize: the hollow eyes and the jutting cheekbones.

Silence.

?Tell me?? He repeated, cupping her face in his hands and staring into her big glassy eyes. He put an arm around her waist pulling her out of the depths of the chair and held her close.

?Tell me,? He repeated more softly into her hair as he rubbed the small of her back.
    ?Are you still mad at me?? He felt her swallow hard, heard a sniff, then her body began to convulse and then it seems a dam broke free as she cried freely.

?The baby!? She managed to squeak between sobs.

But even before she had said it Vader had felt it, something was different as her body pressed against his; something was missing... the familiar bulge of her belly.

On impulse, his hand went to her belly and his fears were realized. He gulped, suddenly feeling vulnerable and hopeless just as he did when he had been a slave.

Hesitantly he looked down at his wife, She was crying still, her hands wound tight around his neck and her face buried in his shirt. For the second time in his life he felt very, very helpless. He knew he could not do anything to help her.

?How?? He whispered hoarsely.

?Whose fault is it?? He asked, his voice rising, as he pulled her back so that he could see her face.

?Tell me! Who?? He roared. But she just shook her head.

24. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    awww, poor Padme!! :_| It would be horrible to have to go through such an ordeal! :(

I'm glad that Vader gave the guard a vacation like that! :) Hopefully he'll treat them a little nicer in the future.

Wonderful posts! :D

25. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    Hey, this is such a great story, I read it in the Classic Forums and I'm enjoying it again......don't worry, I promise I won't give anything away........it's one of my favorites!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.