main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Knight Of Darkness-(V/P romance with a twist)AU(10/01) Rewrote the mush of the last post.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sabrelight, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Monica and Tvdunlop. I'm glad to see someone is reading it.

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Right. Now unlocked.

Kithera

3. DarthYong789

DarthYong789 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2003
    Like the story. UP

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    yEA! You're back writing, sabrelight. :) That's great to see. :)

I feel sorry for Padme. She loved her baby and now it's gone. :( Hopefully Anakin will be there for her how she needs him to be. :)

5. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Yea! I have my thread back, though it took kit almost three mighty blows with a sledge hammer to get it open.

I'll start reposting tomorrow, its late right now.

6. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    post # 12

?Maleen! Maleen!? He shouted looking around wildly, his voice desperate and threatening at the same time.

?It?s not her fault,? Padmé whimpered.

?Then who? Why won?t you say? I left you in the best hands,? he hissed.

?Palpatine.? She said under her breath, clutching him tighter, ?Palpatine murdered my baby.? She began to cry harder. ?I hate him. I hate him. I tried to call you??

Vader stood shocked, unmoving, his feet felt like they?re were nailed to the floor. His tongue wouldn?t move. Only one thing kept repeating in his mind. ?Why??

Vader closed his eyes shut. He could hear his wife?s plaintive as her face pressed against him, but it came from somewhere far, echoing in the darkness as he floated in the black inky gloom. He was lost, helpless even to call back to her.

?Anakin! Anakin! Answer me!?

Padmé was shaking him by the shoulders, he stared back at her dazed.? Didn?t I warn you he?d warn he?d harm our child, didn?t I,? She lamented between tears. ?You don?t care. You didn?t care in the first place!? She was screaming now.

Vader shook his head, but the words would not come. He was struggling with his own demons and at the same time he had to calm her down.

He held her tight. Rubbing her back as he whispered words of encouragement. ?Now calm down my pretty. What is done is done.? He whispered.? There will be another chance; there will be other children. Surely the Emperor has a good reason??

Before he could complete his words she pulled away viciously from him. He felt her hands moved from his side. Vader looked quizzically at her, then he saw it. The red blade came to life, flashing like the tongue of a fiery snake, cutting through the darkness and the silence.

?Pad!? He said in an uncertain voice, ?What are you doing?? His head was spinning, too many thoughts and emotions were crowding his brain crashing against each other and confusing his judgement.

He stared at her as she held the weapon and looked at him defiantly, there was a menacing look in her eyes.

?Please give me that, Pad, you?re going to hurt yourself.? He moved his hand slowly towards her. But she stepped back boldly.

?No!? She said in a regal tone that reverberated through the room. He stopped short.

She shook her head dejectedly. ?Anakin, there will be no more...? She muttered. ?No more slaves!?

Suddenly she moved the blade so that the tip was pointing back at her. She looked at him once, defiance burning in her eyes, and then drove the weapon-right at her heart.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! I just found this story and read all the posts at once. What an evil cliffie! I can't wait for more, please tell me there's more!

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ayi! What is she thinking!!! Well... we *know* what she was thinking but OMG... poor Anakin..

Aye evil cliffy it was!

9. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks Vader LV and kybstar. I love cliff hanger, cruel though it may be but I'm back with the next post. Didn't take long, did I?
    *****************************************************Post # 13

?No!? Vader roared, and as he did so, the weapon flew out of her hand and landed with a clang against the wall.

Taking a step towards her he slapped her hard with the back of his hand the force of the blow throwing her backwards onto the bed.

She lay there, face down, sobbing and slamming her little fist on the mattress.

Vader stood still, his eyes were closed as he tried to calm his frayed emotions, he slowly lifted his hand and stared down at it with dismay, it was trembling uncontrollably. He didn?t remember his hands ever tremble before. Not like it was his first time that he had hit her. Steady as rocks they had been even when he had so casually snuffed the lives of men with it.

The death of his unborn child had disconcerted him but the thought of loosing Padme?It hit him then; the fact that he might loose her and suddenly he was faced with a terror that seemed to envelope him and swallow him whole. He, Lord Vader was afraid, afraid of loosing a part of him that was vulnerable and weak. He had almost forgotten the nausea and chill of this emotion called fear. He had promised himself that he would never be afraid again and yet had brought it upon himself just as his master had warned him he would. His defenses were now as strong as the woman who law sobbing on the bed.

He picked her by the shoulders, his face grim, and stared at her.

Padmé let her head roll back against his arm, she squeezed her eyes shut as more tears streamed down her eerie blue cheeks, across the dark lips. Vader gasped, as Padmé?s face morphed into the bloodied face of his mother, as she died in his arms.

He held her close, afraid to loose her. She clung to him, sobbing quietly now.

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Wowzers! Great post!

Vader stood still, his eyes were closed as he tried to calm his frayed emotions, he slowly lifted his hand and stared down at it with dismay, it was trembling uncontrollably. He didn?t remember his hands ever tremble before. Not like it was his first time that he had hit her. Steady as rocks they had been even when he had so casually snuffed the lives of men with it.
    *Sniff!* Poor Anakin/Vader!

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm greatly afraid for Padme. So much has happened and in a great sense she's still very much alone.

12. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks kynstar and Sara. I'll have the next post, maybe tomorrow, have been pretty busy these days.

13. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    *peeks in* Sabre?

SABRE! *tackle hug* It's so great to see you!

I just got back on the boards a few weeks ago! Both my stories were locked, too [face_blush]

I wonder what's up with us returning oldbies, huh? Must be the weather, something [face_mischief]

:D

14. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Hey girl!! ::Grabs Pallas and hugs her tight:: Where've you been? Don't tell me, DRL!! Anyway, ol' girl its great to see ya! Thanks for dropping in.

Sigh! I miss those days when I could not only update on daily basis but I also had the luxery of reading a zillion other fanfics. Thats before reality caved in on me. Well the good times are over. I envy the new folks who are in that position now, all the time in the world-but my advice to tehm is enjoy it while it lasts.

15. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    POST # 14

Vader swallowed hard. He would not, must not be afraid, ever. Never would he allow that tragedy to befall him again. Never would he be a helpless slave again. But he knew that if he succumbed to these inferior feelings he might end up just that. He could not allow that. For Padmé?s sake he must not be weak or he would loose her too.

Dark energy was swirling around him bringing with it dark and horrific memories, ghosts from his past that taunted and jeered at him. His hate and anger rose, alleviating his fears. His head cleared and he was suddenly aware of his purpose in life, of the oath, he?d taken upon his mother?s grave.

?For force sake there?s no need to make such a fuss! It was not as if she was a full term baby. Women now and then miscarry so. ? He said impatiently when she kept on crying.

At this Padmé picked her head and stared at him red eyed. Anger coursed through her veins making her loose her head.

?Vader, you are indeed a monster, a beast, a bloodthirsty tyrant, you are every thing that people on the street call you,? She screamed. ?YOU killed my baby, you murderer!? She bit out.

?Get a hold of your-self Padmé,? Vader hissed, as he squeezed her arm.

?Let go, you ?! She screamed again, lashing out at him. Vader caught her little fist before she could hit him and shook her wildly.

?What would you want me to do?? He rejoined. ?Fight the emperor! Over the loss of a three months old fetus!?

?I want revenge? At least let that scum should know you are unhappy with what he did. Its not like he doesn?t need you. He may be your master but he is nothing without you, you are powerful. Qui-Gon said so. You are the ?Chosen one? without you Palpatine would never come this far.? She stared at him expectantly, her chest rising and falling as she struggled to breath, waiting for his answer.

Vader shook his head. He pulled her to him, ?its not that simple, dear,? he said in a low voice, trying to calm her. ?You?re hysterical, and you aren?t thinking straight.? He said caressing her face lightly.

?Do you know how powerful the emperor is? Can you imagine the lives that will be lost if I should confront him now?? We have to be patient; the emperor will not live forever,? he whispered in her ears.

For moment she seemed to calm down but her face was still sullen. She seemed unconvinced.

?Come you need to rest, when your mind is clear you will realize??
    ?No? She cried suddenly, pulling herself free.

?You?re not going to let that vornskr get away with this are you?? she cried.
    Vader gave her a stern look, ?Mind your tongue!? He said sharply.

?I will NOT hold my tongue any longer, nor will I grovel like a street dog before that stinking self proclaimed scum...?

Vader?s hand came flying across and connected with her face with a loud smack, sending her reeling against the wall. She looked up shocked, holding her bruised cheek.

?You will not say another word against the emperor, woman!? He hissed Don?t forget that I am his trusted and loyal servant.?

She stared at him incredulous, ? Anakin! He just murdered your child!? She said hoarsely.

?A child not yet fully made, I?m sure he has a reason, for doing what he did.?

She couldn?t believe what she was hearing. ?She was a human, our child?not some animal cub,? She said.

?Anakin, for a moment...I thought you ?cared!? She added in a small voice.

But she had lost him by then, he was now in his defensive mood and nothing would make him budge from his stand.

?Padmè you forget that I?m a Sith,? Vader said. He stood tall in front of the port window, hands locked behind his back. ?I have my goals set before me and I will not let any one or anything come before it,? He said in a cold voice. ?I have made too many sacrifices to come this far, no one will stop me from achieving my ultimate goal. Not you or anyone else, understand!?

She began to sob softly as she leant back against the wall hiding her face in her hands.

?Then it is over between us,? she said in a shaky voice. ?You are no longer my husban

16. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    I think you write Vader too much as an a******.
    Reading him that way, I think he should simply drop dead, and nobody would care.
    That said I have come to the conclusion, that he really not cares, observing the way he treats her. I think he will only learn what he had had done, when he is the one to suffer both, physically and psychically.

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Wowzers... major angst here! Great work! :D :D Totally enjoyed this! Wow... poor Padme! Perhaps she can some how leave... but I doubt that Palpy will let her. And Anakin... though blinded perchance there is still hope. Though that is quickly slipping through the cracks..

Awsome play on emotions there!! :D

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    That was a really powerful and moving post, Sabrelight. I felt really bad for Padme. She loves him but she won't get the support she needs from him.

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! I love to wallow in misery and darkness every now and then (LOL) and this is great! I can't wait until the next chapter. Super job!

20. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm back and will be writing soon.

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Ears perk up* Great to hear!! :D We'll wait :)

22. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm stuck on a post that was rather iffy the last time I posted. Once I pass that one I'll be posting quickly again. I've written and rejected several posts but I think I may be close to something acceptable if not then I'll post it even if it isn't good enough.

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    No prob :) I'll be waiting ;) patiently as possible! ;) hehehehe

24. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks kynstar, I decided to post, iffy or not. I'm sorry about the pathetic Palpatine. I just can't write Palpy, that's Bellyup's job (on my other fic 'Blame Nat'.) And my spell checker doesn't work-for some reason-so expect typhos.

The two imperial officers waiting by the turbo lift of the throne room deck were unpleasantly surprised by a black fuming, very angry Sith who stormed out of the lift. They stepped aside in haste not wanting to be fodder to his wrath. Once gone out of sight, they turned to the lift only to find it strewn with shattered glass the control panel torn out and twisted. With a helpless shrug col. Meark, suggested to his colleague that they use the stairs.

?Your daughter! ? Palpatine roared. He was very angry. How dare his apprentice confront him like this?

Though his Padawan was kneeling on the floor,in a gesture of surrender, there was no doubt of the defiance in his eyes. Palpatine ground his teeth angrily, such a promising boy, he thought, but he had found him too late, the boy had been already corrupted by base emotions like love and attatchment.

The Sith master sighed heavily.

?Think Darth Vader, Palpatine said as he began to stroll round the prone figure. ?Just think of our sacred goal, that of domination of the whole galaxy, compare for a moment the significance of that inch long piece of flesh that you called ?your child? to the power over this huge seemly endless galaxy.

?But why did you have to destroy her master??

?I am NOT obliged to answer to my apprentice or any one for that matter for any of my actions.? Palpatine cried, his voice resounding in the empty throne room.

?I will willingly make the sacrifice, my Master but Padme took??

?Damn that Padme!? Palpatine shouted finally loosing his temper.
    ?How many times must I remind you that you need her only to bear you an heir, which is all a woman is meant to do. Once that is assured, Amidala is dispensable. Every one is dispensable I am dispensable you are dispensable the only thing that matters is the one goal, the Glory of the Sith.?

Vader swallowed hard. ?I?m sorry master! He whispered. He felt foolish and immature at his childish reaction. His master always managed to make him see the bigger picture.

Palpatine strolled over to the port window, with his hands clasped behind his back he stared out onto the planet below.

?The darkside has plans.? He said without turning to look at the kneeling apprentice, ?plans too lengthy for me and you to carry out succesfully in our life times. To conquer and hold the planets of this galaxy in the power of the dark side we must ensure that there is a successor who will be ready to take these heavy rein into his hands after our time here is done.?

Palpatine turned around suddenly, ?I want your son to take your place and I want to train him myself.

Vaders head shot up. ?My Lord, I thought I would have that honor. According to the Sith lores??

Palpatine raised his eye brows. ?You are powerful in the force my young apprentice and you are skilled in the art of war and voilence but?? he looked down at the young man with distinct contempt, ?you have much to learn. I?m afraid not only did you start too late but you?ve insistence on clinging to stupid emotions and meaningless attatchments will be your undoing. You cannot be a true and powerful Sith unless you overcome these emotions. But your son shall not not be burdenen as such he will be trained from birth like the Sith masters of time past.

Palpatine rubbed his hands together, ?Early training, coupled with your powers and Padme?s political accuity? now there?s someone worthy of my throne.

?I will be a great Sith some day, master.? Vader said in a determined tone.

The emperor looked down at him in disgust.

?I have worked so hard to prepare you, to make you strong. So that one day you?ll be ready to take over my empire.? He paused to let that sink in.

?But you disappoint me!? Palpatine added in a slow menacing tone. Vader kne

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Anakin/Vader! How sad... Palps evil ;) great work too! Can't wait for more!! So he's gotta go on a mission? Man... poor Padme all alone now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.