main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Knightfall I: Sins of the Father (Ben/Jysella, L/M, canon/legends chars, OCs) Complete 9/2023

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Is it bad that I want Ben to let his son know about him? I do. Great scene, great intensity.

Nyota's Heart and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  2. Child_of_a_Jedi

Child_of_a_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2015
    Great story, Mom. ^:)^ I agree with Darth_Furio, I think Ben needs to tell Jaek the truth. Oh, and I love the parts with Anakin Solo and Kitster.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic with Jaek meeting Ben and the Ben/Kiera scene. He is one big jumble of emotions, [face_nail_biting] a precipitous jumble! There are definitely more ways than the literal one to "claim" Jaek. [face_thinking]

The Anakin Solo/Kitster scenes and talk - wonderful! =D=

Welcome Child_of_a_Jedi [:D] ;)

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, the Ben/Kiera talk went a little better than I thought it would. :p I suspect that Jaek will "claim" Ben as his preferred father figure before Ben has a chance to tell the truth. [face_thinking]

And Kitster knows the full truth about his friend now. But I know you can't have included him and Anakin in this story just for that. ;) I look forward to finding out what kind of role the two of them play in this story. :D

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    Anakin Solo!! Awe, big sister, you're my hero! =D= Nice to see a story with Anakin as an adult. Curious though, why is he hiding? Why tell Kitster the truth?

I really liked the conversation between Ben and Kiera. :) It went better than I thought it would, but was also a bit dark. Ben has some very intense emotions where Kiera is concerned.

Jaek is cute! :DI get the sense that he might gravitate towards Ben and as he grows up, but not really know why. Maybe he'll sense that Ben is more than his uncle??;)

I'm also curious to see what happens between Ben and Jaden. [face_nail_biting]The fact that Ben has admitted that he hates his brother as much as he loves him doesn't bode well for their future.

Wonderful job!!=D=

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    No, not bad at all.:) You may eventually get your wish.;) Glad you liked it.

Thanks, kiddo.:) I knew you'd like the parts with Anakin since he's your favorite Legends character.

Yep, Ben is certainly a jumble of emotions.:)

Thanks for reading. :) There is definitely a reason Anakin is in the story, not just to give Kitster the back-story on his old friend. ;)

I know you love Anakin. :) Too few stories with him as an adult who survived the war. Yes, Ben's emotions are a bit dark. The questions is, can he control them? or not? All your questions will be answered. Eventually. ;)

Chapter Six

Ben spent the next several weeks settling into his new role as a flight instructor. He’d recently been promoted from the rank of Commander to Lt. Colonel and in his new position would be third in command of the Starfighter Corps behind General Antilles and, ironically, Kiera’s father, Lt. General Tarrin Datch.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Colonel Skywalker,” a voice sounded from the doorway.

Ben smiled as he turned around and stood. “When did you get back?”

Jedi Master Kyp Durron met Ben in the middle of the room for a friendly hug. He playfully ruffled Ben’s hair before letting the younger man go.

Kyp, at forty-seven years of age was still fit, agile and amongst the most powerful of the Jedi. His green eyes were bright as Ben always remembered them being, but the slightly graying hair was new.

“We got back last night,” Kyp said as he sat down in a chair across from Ben. “I was surprised to find a message from Jacen letting me know you were home.”

Ben grinned. “I bet.”

“Jaina and the kids were still asleep when I left our quarters this morning to come and see you,” Kyp told him.

Ben smiled fondly at the mention of his young cousins. Jaina had always been bold and in true Solo fashion, at age twenty she’d let Kyp know in no uncertain terms that she was in love with him and she intended to marry him. Three years later, the two were married. They now had three children, six-year old daughter Bryna, three-year old daughter Alysia and newborn son Fenn.

“Well, it’s good to see you,” Ben said. “But, I’m curious as to why you came to see me.”

Kyp nodded and folded his hands. “I was hoping when, if, you ever decided to come back to Coruscant it would be to return full time to the Jedi Order.”

Ben sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “I like being a Jedi, Kyp. I do. But, I just…I don’t know if I want to be a full-time Jedi Knight. I like the military. I like flying starfighters.”

“I understand that,” Kyp told the younger man. “I really do. Whether you want to believe it or not, your father understands it, too.”

Ben sighed. “I don’t know about that. He’s spent half his life bringing the Jedi back into existence. I can’t believe that he feels good about the fact that his own son would rather fly a fighter than swing a saber.”

Kyp shrugged. “You’d be surprised how a man’s point of view changes when he becomes a father. You want your kids to be happy, that’s all. Whatever Luke’s feelings about your choice of career, if you’re happy, he’ll understand and he’ll accept.”

Ben’s thoughts drifted to Jaek. Was laying claim to his son worth it if he stole the boys’ happiness in the process?

“No,” Ben whispered, unaware Kyp had heard him.

“No, what?” he questioned.

Ben shook his head. “Nothing. I was just…never mind.”

Kyp shrugged and stood. “Look, I really just came by to see how you were settling in and to welcome you home. When you have time, come by our quarters for lunch. Jaina would love to see you. I’m sure she’ll be glad you’re home and we don’t have to go to Denon anymore.”

Ben smiled. “I will. I promise.”

The two shared a parting hug and Kyp headed back out, leaving Ben alone with his thoughts.

Tatooine

After his long chat with Kitster, Anakin had spent the night in the old Lars homestead, deciding by the next morning that it was to become his new home.

It had taken a while, but the old place was once again livable. The power cells and vaporators had all been repaired. He’d purchased about a dozen droids to help run the place and now, after long days, he was just outside the homestead, his eyes gazing upon the setting suns.

Anakin sat down on the sand and closed his eyes. He opened his senses and felt the Force all around him, speaking to him. One by one, visions drifted in and out of focus. He saw moments from his past; times with friends and family. He saw Tahiri, as she’d looked when they first met.

Anakin didn’t know how long he’d been in meditation when the first full vision came into focus, and showed him the future.

”Ben, no!” Jaden yelled at his older brother. “Don’t do this!”

“This isn’t the way, Ben,” Anakin said to his cousin.

With anger burning brightly in his yellow-tinged gray eyes, Ben ignited his lightsaber, the red glow casting a large shadow over the three men.

“Uncle Ben, please,” fifteen-year-old Jaek called out. “You’re a good person. Don’t do this.”

Ben grinned evilly at the teenager. “Young Jaek, you understand so little. The Jedi can’t give you the power you need. They are weak. I am strong. The dark side gives me more power than I ever dreamed of. You can have that power, too. Join me, my apprentice.”

Jaek gulped and shook his head. “No. No, I won’t, Master. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.”

Ben laughed. “Your father. Like your father, you say? Let me tell you something about your father.”

Jaden ignited his blue-bladed saber followed by Anakin’s purple-bladed one. Each man was prepared to engage Ben at any moment.

“That’s enough, Ben,” Jaden said forcefully. “This isn’t the time or the place.”

“Of course it is,” Ben retaliated. “The boy should have been told long ago.”

“Told what?” Jaek demanded.

Ben looked at his son. “The truth, Jaek, the truth.”

Jaek looked to Jaden. “What’s he talking about, Dad?”

“He’s not your father!” Ben yelled angrily. “That’s the truth, boy! Jaden isn’t your father. I am!”

Anakin’s eyes snapped open. His heart was pounding in his chest. He looked around and noticed that the suns had long since set in the distance. Gathering his thoughts, Anakin stood and went inside.

“Always in motion is the future,” Anakin whispered to himself.

He’d heard his uncle say it so many times, but he was never certain if he believed it or not. His visions had often come true, and he had no reason to believe that this one wouldn’t.

“Maybe it’s time I stop hiding,” he said to himself. "Maybe the secret isn't worth..."

He stood and went to the comm station in the corner and punched in a numerical sequence he’d memorized long ago, knowing the code he’d used would alert the receiver of who was calling.

”Hello, Anakin,” the voice on the other end said.

Anakin grinned. “Hey, big brother. How are you, Jasa?”

Jacen Solo grinned as Anakin’s face appeared on the vid screen. ”I’m well. What’s the occasion? You usually only call in an emergency.”

Anakin sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. “Well, this sort of qualifies. I was meditating and I had a…a vision. It wasn’t good.”

”Tell me,” Jacen said.

Anakin sighed. “First, let me ask you a question. Does Ben have…does he have a son?”

If Jacen was surprised, he didn’t show it.

”Yes, he does,” he answered simply. ”The boy, Jaek, is believed to be Jaden’s son. Jaden doesn’t know.”

Anakin’s eyes widened. “He doesn’t?”

”No,” Jacen answered. ”He has no idea that Jaek isn’t his child. Anakin, what was your vision about? What did you see?”

Anakin told his brother everything he saw while he was meditating. When he was done, Jacen was stunned.

”We have to stop this,” Jacen finally said.

“You know what Uncle Luke always says about attempting to change a possible future you see,” Anakin told him.

Jacen sighed. ”I know, I know. In trying to prevent a vision from coming to fruition, you may actually bring it about. I don’t know what to do, Anakin.”

“I don’t either,” Anakin admitted. “Maybe we…maybe you could talk to Uncle Luke.”

Jacen frowned. ”Talk to him, and tell him what? When he found out that I knew you were alive and I demanded to know where you were, he made me promise to never mention you again. He wouldn’t even tell me why we all thought you were dead. He wouldn’t tell me what your mission was and…I just don’t think me talking to him now is going to make a difference.”

“Okay, bad idea,” Anakin agreed. “I guess I’ll…”

”What?”

Anakin took a deep breath as he looked around the Lars homestead. “I guess I’m coming home.”

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Ben having interesting thoughts. And a vision! And Anakin coming home! :D :D :D Can't wait to see where this goes and whether this vision comes true.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] on all counts! Kyp with Jaina. AWWWWW, I do like the green-eyed dudes in Legends LOL! Jag and kyp both. Leaned more towards Jag with Jaina but Kyp does yummily as well. :D

Enjoyed the conversations in this chapter. Full of thought-provoking things but that vision of the future. :eek: Must tread very carefully. [face_worried]

DarthIshtar and Darth_Furio like this.
  9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Fics like this is why I love Star Wars. Love the interaction between Jacen and Anakin and I can see why a vision like that could come to fruition.

10. Jedi_Tyler

Apr 11, 2005
    That vision was a little terrifying.[face_nail_biting]Certainly hope it won't come true. But I have to wonder, is Anakin coming home and revealing himself to be alive the catalyst in bring the vision to pass? In any case, very glad Anakin is going home. :) Loved his conversation with Jacen, and found it interesting that Jacen is the one who knew the truth about him being alive.

Well done.=D=

11. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Pretty disturbing vision Anakin had there. [face_nail_biting]Certainly hope that doesn't come to pass. Love that Jaina and Kyp are married. Any chance we'll see their kids? :p Can't wait to see what happens when the rest of the family learns that Anakin is alive and that Jacen knew the whole time.

Very good!=D=

12. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Though I love Anakin Solo, somehow I doubt him revealing himself and coming home is such a good idea.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm. And I'm hoping it'll tip the scales in the other direction so that that :eek: of a future possibility with Ben won't happen. [face_thinking]

14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    A vision! Seems like a Skywalker trait. :) Thanks for reading.

I never quite liked Jag. :( Love Kyp though, so I had to throw in K/J!!:p Thank you for reading.

Thanks so much!:) Glad you are enjoying the story.

It may come true, it may not. ;) Jacen may know many more truths regarding his younger brother and what he's been up to over the years.:p Keep reading.

Kyp and Jaina's kids? Yes, we'll see them.:) The rest of the family finding out about Anakin will be interesting, I can promise that.;) Thanks for reading.

You doubt it, huh? :p Oh, son 'o mine, have a little faith!

Always in motion, is the future. :) Remember Master Yoda's words.

Chapter Seven

The Following Evening
    The Crimson Corridor
    Tusken Oasis Nightclub

Ben had considered joining Jaina, Kyp and their family for lunch, but had quickly decided that he wasn’t ready for more family at the moment. So he’d spent the day getting to know some of the pilots he’d be training, finishing up some paperwork and placing some comm calls to a few pilots he knew that he wanted to recruit to his training team.

Now, evening had come and he’d changed his military clothing for simply black boots, pants and bright red shirt with a black vest. As always, his lightsaber hung from his belt. Also, in a holster on his left side, was a DL-22 blaster pistol.

He had ordered a mug of Whyren’s Reserve Corellian whiskey and was now sitting at a Sabacc table. While he concentrated on his game, his gray eyes wandered occasionally to the dancing girls across the floor from the gambling section.

Suddenly Ben thought he recognized one of the young women. The reddish-brown hair and brown eyes seemed oddly familiar. He watched her dance for a few moments and when it hit him why she was familiar, he tossed his cards down onto the table.

“Excuse me, gentlemen,” he said as he stepped away from the table.

He wandered over to the dancing cages and took a seat and watched the girl he recognized. She moved with grace, her lithe body completely under her control. Ben tried to keep his observation clandestine, but he knew the moment the young woman had caught his perusal. He smiled and winked a bit, letting her know he’d seen her.

Thirty minutes later, Ben sneaked his way backstage to the room where the dancers cooled off and changed clothes after their time on stage. He smiled politely as a few of them walked out before he slipped inside and shut the door behind him.

“You’re probably wondering what I’m doing here?” asked twenty-four-year old Jedi Knight Jysella Horn.

Ben chuckled as he sat down in a chair across from her. “The thought crossed my mind. Please tell me you don’t actually work here.”

Jysella smiled and Ben’s heart jumped a bit in his chest.

“No,” she said as she grabbed her robe and wrapped it around herself. “It’s…complicated.”

Ben watched her move around the room; admired the ease with which she moved. He remembered a gangly nineteen-year old teenager who hadn’t quite grown into her long limbs or her beauty.

“Ah,” Ben said. “Some sort of super-secret Jedi mission from my father.”

Jysella turned to face Ben. As a child and young teen, she’d had a crush on the older boy. As she looked at him now, she barely recognized the man in front of her as the one she last saw more than five years before. He seemed harder, more cynical and less approachable.

“Yes, I’m on a mission,” she confirmed.

Ben shrugged. “Tell me about it. Why would my father send a young woman into a seedy place like this?”

“You’re here, too, Ben,” she reminded him. “You were watching me dance out there. Don’t judge.”

Ben put his hands up. “Not judging, honest. Just curious.”

“Well, go wait outside while I finish changing and I’ll tell you about it,” she told him.

Ben stood and headed for the door, but found himself speaking again before he knew it. “Over dinner?”

If Jysella was taken aback or shocked at his invitation, she didn’t show it. “Sure.”

Ben nodded once and swept from the room. He headed back to the Sabacc tables and found his main competitor had won the game in his absence. He reached down and grabbed his mug and in one gulp finished his whiskey.

“It’s been a pleasure, gentlemen,” Ben said to the rest of the table as he spotted Jysella heading towards him.

He walked over and offered his arm. She took it with a giggle and they had almost reached the exit when two men suddenly blocked their path.

“She’s not going anywhere with you,” one of the men, tall and dark-haired said. “She belongs to my friend here.”

Ben glanced at Jysella. Her eyes told him should it be required, she was ready for the fight.

Ben smiled a little. “Really? I don’t see your name painted on her forehead.”

“Don’t push it, boy,” the other man said as he reached for Jysella’s arm.

Ben casually reached out and grabbed the man’s arm in a tight grip, exerting pressure on his elbow.

“You’re the one who shouldn’t push it,” he said in a low, dangerous tone. “I’m gonna let go of your arm, and you’re gonna go back to your drinking and your game. I’ll pretend this didn’t happen and you’ll both be able to walk out of here tonight with all your limbs still attached to your bodies.”

The men laughed and out of the corner of her eye, Jysella saw one of them reach for his blaster. Before she could even react, Ben had let go of the man’s arm and pushed her behind him in the same motion. His lightsaber was ignited and held in front of him in the next instant.

“He’s a Jedi!” someone from behind the commotion yelled.

Some patrons ran from the nightclub, too afraid to stay. Other who’d never seen a Jedi up close before stayed, too curious to leave.

Ben reacted quickly as both men came at him at once. Side-stepping the first attack, Ben swept his orange-bladed saber on a low, up-sweeping arc and relieved the man with the blaster of his right arm.

“Ah!” came the scream as the man collapsed to the floor.

The other man thought better of attacking a Jedi and turned and ran. Many more patrons of the club then followed. Ben looked around, assessing the situation with his eyes and the Force. When he saw and sensed the danger had passed, he shut down his saber and reattached it to his belt.

“That was…quite a display,” Jysella settled on.

Ben shrugged shyly and held out his hand. “Let’s get out of here.”

They quickly left before the authorities arrived and before anyone could recognize Ben.

Mos Eisley
    Chalmun’s Cantina
    Tatooine

It had been almost two weeks since Anakin had last seen Kitster Banai. Now, the young man walked into the darkened cantina and found the old man at his usual corner table, drinking a small glass of whiskey.

Anakin wandered over and sat down casually, tossing his hood back to reveal his face.

Kitster smiled. “Anakin.”

Anakin cut right to the chase. “I need a favor.”

Kitster was both surprised and intrigued by the request. Never had his younger friend ever asked for anything.

“What is it?”

Anakin reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a small data-card. He pushed it across the table.

“I’m leaving,” Anakin said. “I’ll be gone for a long time; maybe for good. There’s a secret hidden on this planet. It’s why I’ve been here for so long. It’s what…what I’ve been guarding. The location of…the info you need is on that data-card.”

Kitster tucked the data-card into his jacket pocket. “What have you been guarding? What am I going to find?”

Anakin didn’t answer. He stood and smiled fondly at his friend as he rested his hand on the old man’s shoulder.

“Take Ji and Elly with you when you go,” he instructed. “Tell no one else. If I can come back, I will. If not, well…it’s been a pleasure, Kitster Banai.”

Anakin then headed for the door when Kitster yelled out. “What’s out there, Solo?”

Anakin turned once more, a gleam in his eyes as he said only one thing.

“He did live to see the celebrations, Kitster. He did.”

With that, Anakin Solo was gone.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    Chyntuck, Kahara and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= The scene in the dancing club wow, for Jysella's mission & Ben's "display" :cool: Yes, they've both changed and yet each is "noticing" the other. :D Like the implication that Ben isn't still carrying a torch for his former love, just wants to be involved in his son's future, which is understandable. The Kit/Anakin scene - fantastic crypticness. @};- So he's been guarding something. Hmmm. [face_thinking]

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Of COURSE Jysella is the one sent undercover as a dancer. :p Love the interaction between Ben and Jysella, and Ben's handling of the thugs. And more intrigue with Anakin and Kitster? :D More, please!

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Great cliff hanger! Ben probably could have taken care of those guys with the Force alone. A little choke here, a push there... ;)

18. Jedi_Tyler

Apr 11, 2005
    Short, but a good chapter. :) I like that Kyp and Jaina have been to see Ben while he was away from Coruscant. Good interaction between Ben and Jysella. I like his protective streak.

Now, Anakin's words to Kitster at the end were very cryptic. :p I assume he's referencing his grandfather because in an earlier chapter he said the same words and he was talking about Anakin Skywalker. I just wonder what Anakin has been guarding on Tatooine that might involve his grandfather who's been dead for longer than he's been alive. [face_thinking] I also have to wonder if Jacen really is the only person who knows Anakin is alive.

Good work.=D= Looking forward to getting more answers soon.

19. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Cryptic ending, Mom!^:)^ I love it.

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Ben is definitely not carrying a torch for her. Although, his path might be easier if he was. ;) Thanks for reading.

Yes, much more intrigue with Anakin and Kitster. :) More coming very soon.

Yeah, he probably could have, but...this was more fun. :D

Cryptic, yes. ;) Maybe Jacen is, and maybe he isn't. Keep reading to find out.

Glad you liked it, kiddo. :)

Author Note

Thanks to everyone who is reading and replying. Next chapter is coming tomorrow evening. :)

jcgoble3 and Darth_Furio like this.
  21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Here's the next one. :)

Chapter Eight

Dizzy Dewback Cantina
    Coruscant Underground

Ben guided Jysella to the back of the dark cantina and they took seats together in a booth in a corner.

“Do I want to know why you know your way around the Underground so well?” she asked him as they ordered drinks.

Ben chuckled and ran a hand through his messy hair. “Probably not. Too many nights spent sneaking out of the Temple. You gonna tell me what the kriff you were doing at the Tusken?”

“Such language,” she admonished as their drinks were delivered. “I told you, I was on a mission. With any luck, your little display hasn’t blown my cover or gotten me fired.”

“A mission doing what?” Ben pressed.

Jysella sighed. “I can’t tell you that, Ben.”

Ben nodded as he took a sip of his drink. “Need to know, I presume, and I don’t. Figures my father…”

Jysella held up her hand. “Don’t blame your father. He does what needs to be done. If I wasn’t on this mission, someone else would be. Let’s talk about you. When did you get back? Why are you back?”

Ben didn’t want to let it go, but Jysella seemed insistent. “I got back a while ago. General Antilles offered me a position as a flight instructor and I accepted.”

Why?’ she insisted. “When you left you seemed pretty set on never coming back.”

Ben just shrugged. He wasn’t ready to delve into the deeper reasons for his acceptance of Wedge’s offer to return. “It was just time, I guess. How’s Valin?”

Jysella smiled at the mention of her brother. “He’s good. He and Tahiri got married a few years ago.”

That news surprised Ben. “I…wow. I didn’t know Tahiri had…”

“Moved on?” Jysella asked.

Ben took a gulp of his drink as he nodded. “Yeah. Last I knew she was still…well, Anakin was never far from her thoughts.”

“Well, you’ve missed a lot over the last few years, Ben. He’s still in her thoughts, all the time,” Jysella told him. “But she had to move on sometime. It’s been…”

“Fourteen years,” Ben finished. “It’s been fourteen years since he…he died.”

“You miss him,” she commented as she took a drink.

Ben nodded. Losing his cousin, whom he’d been much closer to than any of his own siblings had been very hard on him. He’d only been training as a Jedi for three years at that point while Anakin had been training for over a decade.

“When I moved to Coruscant to live with my father and Mara, Anakin and I became fast friends,” he told her softly. “We just clicked. When he died…it’s hard to lose your best friend at sixteen years old. So, yeah, I miss him. I’ve missed him for fourteen years.”

Jysella reached across the table and grasped Ben’s hand in her own. She tenderly squeezed his fingers in hers and gave him a small, comforting smile.

“Thanks,” he whispered as he squeezed back.

The galaxy looked different to Anakin as he sat behind the controls of a ship bound for Coruscant. The last time he’d been in the cold darkness of space he’d been sixteen years old, injured and headed for Tatooine to fulfill the mission given to him by his uncle.

A mission he was never meant to return from.

“So much for that,” he whispered to himself. “I tried, Uncle Luke. I tried.”

Anakin set the auto pilot and retreated to his cabin where he could rest and meditate. The trip to Coruscant would take a while and he needed time to go over how he was going to explain to everyone how and why he was still alive when they’d all felt him die.

After finishing their drinks at the Dizzy Dewback, Ben escorted Jysella back to the Jedi Temple.

“I didn’t need an escort, you know,” she quipped.

Ben smiled. “I know. But, I wanted to. Tonight was…the best night I’ve had since I came back to this monstrosity of a planet.”

“I had fun, too,” she told him. “Despite what happened at the Tusken.”

Ben chuckled softly and self-consciously ran a hand through his hair. “I’m sorry about that. Sometimes I forget to think and I just…react. If I ruined anything connected to your mission, I…I’m sorry.”

She shrugged. “It’s okay. I’ll fix whatever you might have broken. It’s been quite a night, Skywalker.”

“Sure has,” he said as he took a few steps to stand right in front of her. “But, I had a good time.”

He leaned down and kissed her lips before pulling back quickly. “Sorry.”

Jysella grinned. “Don’t be. I’m not complaining. Don’t be a stranger, Skywalker.”

With that, she turned and entered the temple, leaving Ben standing on the steps with a silly grin on his face.

“Oh, I won’t be a stranger,” he said to no one. “Count on that.”

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yay, an update!

Some interesting things here, notably that Tahiri has moved on from Anakin. Can't wait for her to find out that he's still alive. :p

I'm going to have to re-read this whole story up to this point to remember where things stand so far. :p

23. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Ben's a stud. :p Love your intepretation of him. :D I'm looking forward to Anakin's return as well.

24. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Ben likes to drink, doesn't he?:p Can't wait to see Anakin's return. If I've read things right, do both Jacen and Luke know he's alive? Can't wait to see how they explain that.

25. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    I like the idea of Ben and Jysella. It's an interesting pairing. Just hope he's really over Kiera. [face_nail_biting]