main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA KNIGHTHOOD .. at SWANCON!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Just reiterating the news from last night. Star Wars: Knighthood will have a showing of a trailer and a featurette during the Monday sessions of Swancon. From about 12:30 p.m., I understand...so if you're planning to, come on down and see what we've been up to for the past three years.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

2. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    oooo someones excited :p lol!

you still dancing ? lol... (when he found out the news last night he just started dancing) lol!!!

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I'll be happy when the video is done ;)

4. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Just to add

-

Star Wars: Knighthood
    Montana B, 1:30 PM - Swancon - Acacia Hotel - Northbridge
    Presentation about the new locally produced Star Wars fan film. Includes a trailer, making-of featurette and a question and answer session with the film?s creators.

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    looking forward to tomorrow! I'll be there early to check out a few things, so I'll see you all there. If anyone else if going, give me a buzz and let me know!

6. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Not going as I have just bought tickets to "We Will Rock You" and "Wicked". I am monetary challenged!

7. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    What's SWANCON again?

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    It's the big WA geekfest/scifi type convention.
    Foe those who are going have a good time, but for me it's 6.40am and time for bed. Gotta lurv nightshiftI-)

9. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    6.40am and time for bed? Sounds just like my days as a uni student.

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Ah good times :)
    Just got back from the event.

My highlight:
    Walking back from the pisser after the display and hearing a bunch of people chatting out side about how good the VFX were.
    That made my day ;)

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    No highlight! I want a full report damn it! :p

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    So anyway I got up late. About 10.55 a.m. I get called by dear old Kartanym who issues me with the current "Holiday Australia" slogan...i.e. "Where the ****** hell are you?" I thought it was for 11:00 a.m.

20 minutes later, I was at the venue. Luckily I'd been there with Circle of the Sword the day before, so I knew my way. I walked in on the "Star Wars on trial" panel to a round of well-meaning applause and sat down at the desk. Me, Darran, and Grant (the author guy) proceeded to field questions and feed the audience what we knew about Star Wars and the way things were headed for the series. Episodes 7, 8, and 9 reared their heads as a topic, and the consensus afterwards seemed to be that there were unlikely...with George Lucas at the helm. Wait another 10 years or so and we might try again.

We broke for lunch, and then were back at 1:30 for the "Knighthood" panel. Ron, Elliot, Darran and I all got up there and we had a pretty decent turnout. The chairs were pretty well filled from back to front. We gave them a very basic outline of the film, and then sat back to watch the featurette. A good and strange experience...I regret the use of the word "serendipitous" during the featurette, but otherwise very surreal to see yourself up there in something akin to a BTS feature you'd see on a DVD extras package. Elliot's editing was really very nice.

Afterward we got a lot of good queries: about locations, how long it took to shoot, the cost, and whether we'd consider a sequel. People seemed pretty interested, and were asking how big the file was likely to be when it finally gets edited and hits the net...hopefully we'll get some hits on the site as a result. We got a good round of applause at the end, and here was the most intriguing part: a rep from the WA Science Fiction Foundation approached us after the event and queried whether we'd need any further funding for the film. We told him most of the expenses are already paid, and he said that if he'd known about this one earlier, there could have been a possibility of them paying part of the costs, because we're raising the profile of science fiction in Western Australia. I would've loved to have known that before we laid out $5-10,000 on the show, but there you go...

Ron, I'm sure, was using some kind of ninjitsu technique that allowed him to remain almost invisible in plain sight. I even kicked a question about choreography in his direction, but the audience member didn't take it up. :D He did look pretty cool in his helmet, and he brought the Guinness saber and his rotary blaster-fertiliser along, which made for good table pieces.

So all in all, it was well worth the effort. Hopefully people will spread the word and we'll get a packed crowd for when we do premiere it. And I think after all this I'll probably shell out whatever much it takes to show the thing somewhere...

13. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Thank you very much for that report, it'll be up on the news page pretty soon. If the others that went can also give me their reports it'd be fantastic to stick them up there as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.