Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Xmaveric, Sep 3, 2001.
id make the 8 hour drive from sacto for it
Why not have the screening at Kansas State University, which is where I'm at?
what's so important about after Sunday banshee? Is something happening on Sunday?
TPM doesn't some out till Tuesday.
T-minus 2 days and counting...
oh I would come
are you putting KQ back onto film?
Nick "Shorty" Long
Crunchy: I'm gonna sleep all day Sunday...
Okay, I've seen this film - and here's my review:
It's good! Very good! But is it worth the wait?
- Production values are excellent! Editing, effects, sound, music, they all work perfectly.
- Acting is excellent. The trailers are misleading, or they just wised up, but somehow with everything all together it really works well.
- Story is pretty good! It has some slow parts, and some bits that maybe needed cutting out, but generally it's an okay little fable, and fits in perfectly in the Star Wars universe.
Not-so-great things that are forgivable:
- There are a couple of effects shots that seem unfinished.
- Darth Vader is tall enough, but he ain't broad enough. He's got no shoulders!
- Those sky replacements are kind of obvious sometimes.
- They mispronounce a couple of names. Shame they couldn't've looped those.
The bad stuff:
- There's an entire subplot that goes nowhere, and could easily have been cut out. At the least it should've made more sense - all those Imperial trained troops against one person who is just hiding behind a log?
- The ending. It drags on too long! Just when you think it's over - another bit gets tacked on. And she's a bit melodramatic in there too.
But overall - it's very entertaining and definitely is better than the trailers would have you believe.
However, after three or more years of waiting, and having seen so many other fanfilms in that time, it perhaps doesn't quite reach the heights of its hype (though admittedly it would've if it had been released on schedule). This is not the new standard, though it's up there.
I give it 4/5.
I saw it...I liked it well enough.
T-Minus ONE DAY AND COUNTING!
Its Sunday in 4 hours!!! Hah you Americans will have to wait longer! j/k...
Just can't wait to hook this bad boy up to the home stereo system and TV, relax and enjoy the show.
What was mispronounced? (Feel free to respond after it is released so as not to give anything away). Just wanted to get the question out there.
By "Sunday" are we thinking 12:01AM Sunday? 3 PM?
When should I start hunting?
If it was goin going to be at the very stroke of midnight then I'd start searching for it here at 12 PST.
But who really knows when it'll be up and running?
I'm sure it'll clog the TFN server lines for a good few days or so!
Mispronounced was Palpatine and Padme. I think that was because it was filmed pre-TPM-release.
Its now Sunday 11:35 (Australian Time) no show yet. Will it be online by 12:00, only time will tell....
I'm in Nashville, TN and I will stay on-line until it comes out. It's 10:43PM right now.
Jeff is in the Pacific time zone right?
It's midnight on the Eastern Seaboard...
<cue dramatic music>
Hey guys wanna see if we can get this thread up past 300 posts by the time KQ comes out?
At this rate, we'll have 400 by that time.
Haha, this will be our pre-Knightquest bash.