main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Xmaveric, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    please please PLEASE make a sorenson 2 compressed version of it! My old rickoty computer stalls on the Sorenson 3's!

SZ

2. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I have a fast computer and a fast connection. I would LOVE to see Knightquest in its full resolution compressed in Sorenson 3.

3. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    I've got a cable modem, so the only download trouble I'm going to have is that everyone will try to get it at once. I have been to the dialup arena, though, and can say that if I still were, I would still prefer a huge file that has great quality, to a small one that does not.

-tm

4. Xrazir

Xrazir Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    I still prefer On2 over Sorenson 3. On2 is just sooooo good.

-Xrazir

5. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Sorenson 3, release it (for newsletter peeps only) tommorow ;) I love 1 file, big, high quality

6. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey Annonymous, maybe you can host KnightQuest!

Then you can put the 300MB Hi-quality Sorenson 3 version up for the world to download, and see how long it takes before you get shut down. Bandwidth is the issue here, and the bigger the files the more pain the TFN servers are going to have to endure. I'm sure Joe/TFN are going for the best quality they can practically offer, but we have to understand, there is a limit to anything, as Max said, the internet (infastructure) just isn't growing fast enough to cope.

I'm just looking forward to seeing it, whatever the size is :)

7. Krede

Krede Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Hey there,

I'm also very exited about KQ, actually I've been for quite some time. I made this painting for Joe Monroe last year, which earned me a copy of KQ on VHS. I hope you like it. Cut & paste the link if you'd like to have a look, if it doesn't work it's in the misc section of fanart page 4, I think.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/museum/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Miscellaneous&image=cg-knightquest.jpg&img=48&tt=img

8. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    And again, I have to request if there are going to be any mirrors... the thing is that I'd still download 60-70 MB, but that'd take several days for me, since TheForce.Net simply isn't fast enough for the ISDN modem here... other servers tend to go a bit fast, so that I'm able to get 70 MB within an hour or two, but TheForce.Net tends to make it days for me...

As usual, I'd still download it no matter what.

[On a totally different, but still on-topic, I discussed this with someone awhile ago... what'd you think of KQ if it's going to have an ending like Legacy of the Jedi, or perhaps just a huge hoax like that 'Black' movie... I'm not expecting this, of course, but would you appreciate the irony?]

9. JHoffaOLB

JHoffaOLB Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Great news Banshee, thanks for all the hard work you've put into this production. As for the file being split up, it won't matter much as we can just use an media joiner program to bring them all back together. WooHoo, release day is almost here!!!

10. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    What do you think about that, Azeem? Me hosting it as well to relive some of the bandwith from you guys? If so, what do you think about that banshee? Let me know. If not I will just add a link into my non-hosted link section.

If you two agree, and if neccessary, it can be removed after the initial few days (I would hope you wouldn't make me do that.)

11. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Just in case we didn't realise I was joking about that dual hosting thing AJ :)

What I do think is cool is that a post about KnightQuest has reached 135 posts, and it isn't even out. How much are we all anticipating seeing this one!

12. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    burrie: Several days just to download 60-70MB of an ISDN. I am on 56K and I downloaded the new version of TROOPS off of TFN's sever (27MB) and it took a mere two hours. Downloading 60MB over my 56K connection would be 4-6 hours (though probably years when KnightQuest is bringing TFN's servers to their knees). Several days doesn't seem right. Even when I was on my cable modem I have noticed that TFN's servers have generally been faster than most other servers I have downloaded large files from.

13. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Don't discouage him, DM!

I like the idea of getting a HQ file from AJ's server.

14. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    JediToren, 60 MB tends to be go fast for me, but TheForce.Net always seems to slow down for me... it's always what I've disliked about TFN, but I guess it's a local problem :)

15. Aliensfilm

Aliensfilm Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2000
    Sounds like it might be coming ether this weekend or next weekend!
    I'm a 56k user & nothing will stop me from downloading it.
    go ahead, give us some large files to download.
    I just want good quality.

16. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998
    It's not this weekend...

17. Aliensfilm

Aliensfilm Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2000
    Sounds mysteriously promising Banshee. ;)

18. Alex-Kushaan_Exile

Alex-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2000
    I will download the highest quality version available, no matter how big the file size, on my 56k. I have downloaded the 250-meg Sotet Oldal, TESBY, Duality (at least twice), and many more. Bring it on!!! :D

19. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    You could of responded to my question Banshee, whether or not you would allow me too put it up as well to relive some of the traffic TFN will be getting (bandwith wise)

Thanks, EagleIFilms

20. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Hi Anonymous,

It's probably more TFN's decision as they are hosting the film, why don't you PM Azeem and see what he says?

21. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    actually I don't think so, with something like this (considering its copyright infringment..all of it) I don't think you can have any exclusivity contracts

22. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    I hope you'll be able to host it, I also think it would help out the TFN servers.

23. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    Thanks link

24. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998
    Sorry for not replying AJ.

I spoke with Azeem, and the thought seems to be that just about ANY site that tries to mirror will be brought offline because they won't be able to handle the traffic.

So it's actually to your benefit that you DON'T mirror it.

I guess TFN is using IGN's servers now, which are much bigger, faster, etc. He doesn't anticipate any problems.

I guess we'll see. I'm pretty much leaving all of this up to him. So you should direct questions there because he is in a better position to know than I am.

Thank you for the offer though. It is much appreciated.

25. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    we'll see....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.