main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Xmaveric, Sep 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    banshee what you don't realize is our friend AJ here has unlimited bandwidth for 8.50 a month, at least that's what he said it was before....maybe you should take him up on his offer...

:D

2. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    supposedly, unless someone been lieing to me
    actually I pay nothing for it, my friend does, I get to use it though (notice Hosted by button at bottom)

don't u start on me again fourfools :p

3. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Who said that you could reconnect the 3 parts of the film? You can't do that with TFN Fanfilm's logo attached to the front of each one.

Anyways, Azeem, I'd rather not bother you in PM since lots of people are probably PM'ing you like crazy, so if you happen on this, that's great. If not, well ok.

One big file would be great, if it's at all possible.

4. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Reconnecting three parts should be cake, if you have an editing package. If the logo is at the start of each one, just put it in the timeline and razer/delete the logo from the second two.

Personally, I plan on bringing all the newer films into final cut or premiere, just so I can output and view them on my TV. I haven't tried this with other films yet, but its worth a shot, as long as the resolution doesn't suck. (hint!)

-tm

5. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    Can we even have a date? Please?

6. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    They said that they are gonna be compressing on Monday and/or Tuesday. By this time next week we might be reviewing it.

7. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I just moved into the dorm at UCLA and have a T1 connection.

BRING IT ON!!!

I've also got over 20 GB HD space. Leave it uncompressed, baby! :D

M. Scott

8. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    hmmm...ucla... pretty close... maybe we should start moving on a project :)

9. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    UCLA .... I used to work two blocks from UCLA. (They're one of my clients) :)
    I am primarily in Orange County (CA) now.

Who wants to make a film ?? ;)

JediTAC

10. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    I'll once again ask quietly... please have mirrors standing by. :)

11. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    I don't think there will be any *cough*

12. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    *sniff* That's gonna be tough for those with a slow connection, or for those whom TFN tends to be a bit on the slow side *cough*

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay fellas, get ready for this one...

I am not downloading the film AT ALL!!! - well, for the next two months, at least. Not downloading Knightquest, nor buying the TPM DVD, either. Talk about the ultimate vow of chastity for a Star Wars fan! :)

Reason being?

Well, the computer I have at the moment is literally on its death bed - it is slowing down at an incredible rate.

Also, I have a 56k dial-up connection, which doesn't bother me in that respect, because for my ISP it is £10.00 a month, for a 24/7 connection, however the connection is EXTREMLY slow - Whenever I download anything, the fastest average I can get is about 3k per second, which really chaps my booty.

NOTE TO UK FANS: Stay away from Blueyonder Surfunlimited at all costs - Broadband service is good , but the service for the DU users is beyond terrible, it's a flipping joke.

So, what will I do? Well, the plan is this... Since I have just graduated from University, I am you typical poor-schumck-graduate type, which means I can't afford a new PC right at this very moment, even though I have started a new job in the last week. So, after I save up for a month or two, I'll be spashing out on a new machine, that will just grunt with coolness - this will also be my editing machine for my film.

After I get the new machine, I will invest in a broadband connection, thus allowing me to easily confer with my UK chums on the FF forum, that will hopefully be interested in coming aboard for my project; and allowing me to easily download any file size that Joe and Jeff will throw at us.

Also, I think it will be also out of respect for Joe, too! If I were able to get the film on the release date, I would feel swept up in the excitement of the film being released - thus clouding my judgement. If I saw it after the inital hype dies down, any reviews will be impartial, fair, and unbiased, and I think as a fellow filmmaker, Joe will respect that more. I know I would!

Well, that's my ezcuse, and I'm sticking to it. :p

14. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, banshee....how's it comming? It's been two weeks :)

15. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Every time this dang thread gets bumped up to the top of the list I see the title and think that KnightQuest is here!

So could someone in the know (Banshee, Azeem etc) tell the waiting masses if it is going to be released this weekend, or shall we continue to check every couple of hours ALL weekend in vain? :)

16. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    two reasons I'm replying to this, no, now three (just thought of another!):

1. Just to annoy DaftMaul and make him think that this film has been release of Azeem and Banshee are annoucing the release date ;)

2. Happy Ninja - I applaude your decision to wait.

3. Happy Ninja - where do you live in the UK???

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

17. Darthqueen

Darthqueen Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2001
    I'm also excited to see Knightquest. But how come nobody mentions Emergence of the Sith. I think it's the best fan trailer I ever saw, much better then Knightquest. I just e-mailed them and they said it would be premiering very soon-most likely this month.

18. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    Daft, Knightquest is out, you just missed it..... :p

19. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    ...u'd better mean ur kidding by that smilie

20. link64PD

Jun 15, 2001
  21. link64PD

Jun 15, 2001
    I bet all the Admins are having a huge party watching it and forgot to post it for us. :_|

22. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    probably =/

23. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998

Ok folks.

The movie is done. Complete. Finished. Kaput. We finished the final color correction this morning at about 3am.

However...we are having a major sync problem with the audio and video. The good news is that it won't affect the version going on TFN because that is in sync. It just means I can't make any vhs dubs until we get it figured out. we have a couple plans we're going to enact this week.

Anyway, I am digitizing the film as I type this. I will be getting it to Azeem this week for compression. We have a release date in mind. It will be posted when we are sure everything is ready to go.

It will be in October. I ain't sayin when, but it's comin.

24. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "2. Happy Ninja - I applaude your decision to wait.

Thanks. See, I knew someone would understand!

3. Happy Ninja - where do you live in the UK???"

Walsall, West Midlands. Officially the 2nd worst area to live in the whole of England - That's the truth, it was in the media last week! :)

However, I would consider heading down towards London to make my movie, since studios are better equiped down there, plus there is a better pool of talent available. Not only that, I assume that the majority of the people on this forum, and the 501st (who I am considering asking for help in terms of extras), would live around the London area. Basically, it would make everything easier on everyone.

Joe/Jeff, if you want my opinion (come on, I know you do!), don't tell anyone that you're releasing it - just do it, and then watch the mad scramble! :D

25. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    banshee, is the sync proplem with the film part of the movie? (the stuff you shot on film?)

did you remember to slow it down by 1%?

anywho I CANT WAIT!! :) WOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.