main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    TFN FanFilms and Joe Monroe are proud to bring you Knightquest.

Knight Quest takes place a few weeks before the opening of "A New Hope." It concerns Darth Vader's ongoing quest to seek out and destroy any Jedi who may have escaped the great purge years ago. More...
    Post your comments on the film in this thread. Remember to warn before posting spoilers.

2. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    am i the first one to comment???

so where's the link???

sorry, i just haven't been camping out all day here, just sheer coincidence i got here the minute this was posted... now howabout the link for the one who saw the topic first.. huh??? Max??? Azeem???? anyone... no... i'll be going off to my corner to cry wishing i signed up for the newsletter sooner now...

3. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    I think so...

4. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    all of you should have been in the chat ;)

5. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
  6. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998

Knightquest...um...it sucks.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way:)

7. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    DL-ing now...good speed on all 3.

Joe..we at TBX wish you the best on the release of your film.

I'll post after I've watched it.

8. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Zayns right! I got in there just in time...

First wmf down, 2 to go.... I love my cable modem!!

-tm

9. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    need the link

10. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    you'll have to wait till tommorrow if you arn't signed up for the newsletter it seems.

and nobody will give it out to us people that don't subscribe to the newsletter

11. glh3586

glh3586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2000
    I signed up for the newsleter over a year ago and i haven't gotten the e-mail this sucks. Edit: of course no one listens to me....

12. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    omg joe- WTF are you talking about??

Im almost done w/ the 1st part and so far it's amazing

13. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    how did you get that progress bar to ACTUALLY MOVE!!!!???? [face_shocked]

and that speed rating, it's amazing! did you use After Effects to animate the "cancel" button??

;)

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

P.S. OMG - I'M WAY overdue adding another "rightful star" to my signature! YAY ME!!

14. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Spoilers...sorta

"Padme, we know how that went"
    "Padme? Vader actually had a girlfriend?"
    "ENOUGH!"

:D Funny funny!
    I almost thought Danic was going to turn, darn u Mr. Monroe :p

"You made us practice that jump 100's of times, I thought you were just being paranoid.."
    That quite a ending.

Didn't care too much for the sub-plot with the Mercenary, other than the CG that it brought :D but I see where it was needed, could of done a little more with it I think.

Choreography....WOW, I was really impressed with it, it just hit number 3 in my top 3 (Duality, Art of the Saber, and now KnightQuest (was AQoF))

[End Spoilers]

15. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    God I love my ADSL line, I watched the thing in real time.

It's now 3.30 in the morning and I'm off to bed a happy bunny :) Loads of great stuff in there, great job Joe, and great job the cast, really strong performances, with emotion, VERY rare in a fanfilm!

Anyway, I'm dead here, I'll watch it a few hundred more times tomorrow and dive into the thread with a proper review then. And for the sake of everyone else, let's not give ANY spoilers away folks, there's a few more than I would have wanted to see already.

16. *DMaul*

*DMaul* Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, Ann. Jedi finished before me (stankin guy :)), but I was (that we know of) the second to finish d/ling all 3 parts :) :) :)

I have to say...It was well worth the wait!

Great job Joe, and thank you :)

17. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    BRAVO!!!!

Everything I expected!! This is what fanfilms are all about! EXCELLENT JOB, BANSHEE!!!!!

18. DETROITAN

DETROITAN Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2001
    Still DL.... 56k ah!. Servers are crazy i was lucky to get 2 of the 3 parts. But i can't wait to see it!

19. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    WOW!

That was just as great as I was expecting. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was very Star Wars. Definitely the best fan film I've seen. Great job to everyone involved in making it!

So when does the sequel come out? :)

20. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    For some reason, I can't get my Windows Media Player to playback at over 2 fps. :( :( Can anyone help me?

21. sovknight

sovknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    I'm gonna chime in here real quick, this being the first time I've ever commented publicly on a fan film. First I wanna say, "Bravo" to Joe and his whole crew. That was an excellent example that we should all strive for. The CG was absolutely incredible, being right on par with the original trilogy as far as I'm concerned. (I did watch the Quicktime version in a tiny window, but as far as I could tell it was tip-top) I think the bar has been raised once again in the land of Star Wars fanfilms, and I'm honored to have been able to see it. Good work!

I'll leave the reviews to others. I need to get back to my own film and kick it up a notch now. Cya.

SK

22. JEDIGUY1

JEDIGUY1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2000
    OK this is BS. I subscribed to the newsletter along time ago. Wheres my link?? Thats messed up to keep us waiting this long and only release it to a few people.

23. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    You all should have been in IRC. Then you'd have the links. I'm at 6/4/4 right now... But I'm getting the WMVs and I couldn't see Trailer C, so I'm not hopeful...

-Paul

24. schnarf283

schnarf283 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2000
    Great, great movie. Awesome CG, awesome sabers, awesome plot, awesome everything.

25. McC

McC Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2001
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

There, that should be enough ;)

WOW! Joe, you and your team have done a fantastic job, just as I have been anticipating for (more than?) two years now. KnightQuest (well, the trailers for it) was what got me into doing fan-films and really sparked my interest in CG to whole new heights (it went from being a hobby to something I intend to do professionally). And that was just the trailers!

I was very impressed with KnightQuest, through and through. There are a few things I would've tweaked here and there, but in terms of the visuals and the story, it was remarkable. There were a few points where the acting was...a bit weak. Also, the dialogue (was it re-dubbed?) had a rather nasty and highly inconsistent hiss to it. I'm not sure if this was a result of re-dubbing (mentioned above) or simply the result of cutting/editing audio from different sections together. Either way, it didn't detract all that much. Another thing I noticed was that during the opening crawl, the lettering on the right-hand side of the screen seemed to..."drip" for lack of a better word. It would seem to lag, creating a smeared effect. My guess was that this was just the result of WMV playing it's stupid little games, which it tends to do from time to time. Back on the subject of audio, there were times where the spoken dialogue was washed out by the music and/or sound effects, making it nearly impossible to hear what they were saying. This was especially noticable during the Vader/Karina battle.

Despite that, I was extremely impressed. I was actually moved during the death scenes of Ulic and Dannikk (for reference, there are very few professional films that have actually moved me and absolutely no fan films...until now). The acting here was spot-on, as was the writing. Also, the presentation of Vader was excellent and the final sequence with Karina was also exceptionally well-executed. And I won't even start to praise the graphics -- I'd be here all night.

All in all, I would definitely say it was worth the wait and the hype! I realize that you're probably feeling something like catharsis now--completely drained of everything and just glad that it's all over. Nonetheless, I'd love to see some more stuff from you guys in the future!

Highest regards,
    -Ryan McClure-
    http://blazer.hispeed.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.