main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    I personally'd enjoy it, although I wouldn't mind another "Behind the scenes" of Knightquest... I'd love to see how much work was put it into this.

2. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    there is a behind the scenes of KQ

3. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Note the "ANOTHER" :)

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Someone likes my suggestions... Ah, the world must be truly coming to an end, ha, ha!

I have another one; if you were inclined to go down the "selected scenes" - There is two particular shots that I like a lot that I would like to see being broken down.

Both of them are in the third act - or the third download, if you like...

1.) I think it is just after Vader tosses Karina off the cliff, there is a close up on Vader (It is also in the BTS featurette, as well). It really is a nice nice - beautifully framed, lighting was spot on, colours are vivid! What I especially like was the reflection on Vader's helmet. This is one shot that I would like to have seen broken down to it's core elements.

2.) The second shot that I would like to see is when the severly exhausted Karina climbs up the cliff - the one with the moon and the clouds in the background. That was a very nice shot, although, I think the usage of the blue was a bit too rich - but that's just me being really anal retentive again. Sorry! :p

Yeah, that's something that we should do, if the KQ team are interested -- submit a couple of choices for select shots to be used in their breakdown video, and then the KQ team pick the best ones to use as examples! What do you think?

5. TILT 99

TILT 99 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 1999
    HappyNinja:
    Perhaps I could write up some tutorials referencing KQ shots that could be posted at TFN. They could include step by step explinations, stills, and some high-rez videos. I assume compositing would be one topic, are there any others you can think of.

Also, to those interested, some of the main models used in KQ are now available for download at SciFi3D.

6. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Are there any others that I can think of? Hmmm... I think that it might be worth mentioning something about the lighting of your CGI work. To me, one of the more realistic looking pieces, was the background plate used for Tara's cockpit. Lighting and colour, appropriate use of shadow, that sort of thing...

I have an idea for something, not necisarilly tutorial based, but something that could be discussed in an interview, or voice over, in a BTS doc (if it was what you were planning to do?), as to why you all did what you did, ie, choosing Film over Digital, Lightwave against Max/Maya, Actors vs Ametures, Clay Cronke vs "whatever".

Perhaps a small audio commentary between the four or five of you as a suppliment could be an interesting, and insightful download, and I'm sure that TFN will host it for you.

7. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Joe, just another one of my sickening curiosities, one that forgot to ask last time around, but how many rolls of film did you shoot.

I bet I'm starting to really tick you off now, aren't I? :p

8. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    You know, I've just decided to resurrect this thread, yet again, just for the hell of it!

Come on, lets keep talking. This film was fun! :D

9. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998

Happy:

We shot about 5000 feet of film. Most of it Super16mm although we did use some standard 16mm also. I also shot some of the movie on my Hi-8.

It was a real pain trying to get all of those different formats to match.

10. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Hi-8!

Wow, I thought I'd never hear of that format again! :p

What parts, out of curiosity?

11. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    The opening scroll, of course.
    :D

~Neszis~