KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Prelude_Dread Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wow Joe.

So, being one of "the originals" i got myself my little connection with Az and he let me grab the movie right before the rush. We were doing some rehearsals for Casey Carpenter's "Jedi Apprentice" and we all stopped and watched it. A few of the actors were like "Knightwhat?"

"KnightQuest", the 'other-original' is what we told em. The film we've been waiting for for three years. I'll bet I've been waiting longer than most of the folks on this board. When I first started Prelude and started looking for some ship models I discovered the original saber test on SWMA.net (which, I think, was the FIRST fan-film saber, as Troops had none) and got ahold of Joe immediately.

We had the breifest of email exchanges, basically outlining our own projects and quickly wishing each other luck as we both had massive work all around us.

So, the history lesson complete, I just gotta say, Kudos!

Mark had it right, roto-ing out an entire FIGHT PLUS THE TREES, dayum, most impressive. Vader rocked, the best I've seen in a fanfilm yet, easily. GREAT CG, muchos kudos, no one can touch you there, you've got some quality stuff there. Also, great job Clay, you truly are a saber-god.

Anyway, all summed up, your positive points rocked the net and the less-than positive points are easily forgivable considering how expensive rolling film is, so great job!

I hope I can satisfy as well when Prelude releases next month!

Devon Read
    Director/Co-Creator Prelude To Hope
    www.clearconcrete.com
  2. muphicks Jedi Master

star 2
    When will the link be made public? I'm subscribed to the newsletter but have received anything. Also the links via the films section are still to the trailers... am I missing something (lol yes knightquest i know :p )??

bb
  3. Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    For those of you that were/are trying to watch the WMV version on slow machines...DONT. I had only mIRC, Nortons (background), AIM, and DAP open on my machine (700MHZ, 384MB RAM) and it jerked around in spots and audio cut off. I had too close all of that before it started running smoothly.

ewingsquadron: haven't read all the posts, but try clearing up all your RAM, I don't know how powerfull your computer is, but as you see from my example...it helps
  4. Jedi-Finney Jedi Master

star 4
    where can i download the movie? its not at fanfilms.com i dont know where else to look, its like 415am anyone here?
  5. -_TheDirectoR_- Jedi Youngling

star 1
    OMG!!! Excellent!!

I thought it was A LOT better than what I expected.

SPOILERS (kind of):

I loved the drama and the tension towards the ending!! It was a great climax, and just the way a film is supposed to be!
    The scene where Vader it teased upon (padme....) was AWESOME...I thought it was original and very interesting!

[end spoilers]

Acting? Was it bad? NO! I thought the acting was great! Good job everyone!!

Special effects? Dont need to go there...they were superb!! Well done everyone (especially Clay Kronke).

I liked the story. It's in a timeline which (I think) can be the most interesting bit. I mean we've got 2 trilogies, and this is in the middle of them! Superb!!

Two MINOR set backs: 1) The format. We need a great MOV version (the current one is worse than what *I* make :) ).
    2) There are a few parts where the music dominates the speech (very minor).

OVERALL SUPERB WORK! You should be proud of getting it done, because it has been a long burden...but I have to say that every second of it has been worth it Joe! :) Good job, and THANK YOU!
  6. Jedi-Finney Jedi Master

star 4
    anyone... please? let me know where i can download it.
  7. Jedi-Finney Jedi Master

star 4
    well, looks like i'm going to bed, hopefully i'll get to check out this knight quest movie later...
  8. WildChild Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Can anybody give me the link, or is that forbidden??...
  9. Jedi-Finney Jedi Master

star 4
    nobody is giving it out, i guess fan films is updating their site so it will be up later today or something.... zzz...zzzz....zzz...
  10. WildChild Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Why nobody wants to give out the link, nobody here who wants to answer?
  11. DV-vipeness Jedi Youngling

Wanna hear some bS, i signed up for the newsletter, on both my email accounts, i go to check my juno account and they said they just deleted all my mail to save space... then i havent gotten **** out of my primary site, this is harsh, im here with 10 buddies waiting to watch KQ but they all going home soon if nothing happens soon, they been here for 6 hours already, and its 4:54 am

www.clandv.net

EDIT: Watch the language.
  12. -_TheDirectoR_- Jedi Youngling

star 1
    They said that we arent allowed to post it. This is probably to keep the traffic low at initial times. They'll post the link today.
  13. WildChild Jedi Youngling

star 1
    WHY nobody of the guys who already have seen knightquest wants to give me an answer????
  14. WildChild Jedi Youngling

star 1
    thanks for the answer
  15. DV-vipeness Jedi Youngling

no idea, but this newsletter thing is pissing me off about not getting it... My buddy RON says, send him the dang email please so we can drink beer and watch it on the 50 inch tv and surround sound please
  16. WildChild Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Do you know exactly when the will give us the link?

...If you`d be so kind to give me the link, nobody has to know
  17. WildChild Jedi Youngling

star 1
    PLEASE... ilmtld@sms.at
  18. DV-vipeness Jedi Youngling

i promise i dont have the link, im trying to find it out, so i can entertain everyone from JEDIZ , my star wars project
  19. Waylynne Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Guys... It's just a fan film... Take a pill...
  20. DV-vipeness Jedi Youngling

ive been waiting for a very long time for this man, and i never got my newsletter it just aint right
  21. WildChild Jedi Youngling

star 1
    you`re right...just a fanfilm, o why cannot somebody mail me the link...please

22. DV-vipeness Jedi Youngling

true its just a fanfilm, so wheres the link then ??? :) wildchild has a point
  23. Laserschwert Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OK, now it's time for the link... don't you think? Oh come on! I want it!!!
  24. Waylynne Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Sucks Big, about the whole Newsletter thing -- and there's a lot of "won't be your best friend no more.." going on -- but I figure I've been waiting since Trailer 1... I can wait a few more hours...
    :D
  25. DV-vipeness Jedi Youngling

i bet you guys have tried to find the link by typing stuff i huh ??
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.