main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Knights and Aces, a TPM vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Knights and Aces
    Author: Earlybird-Obi-Wan
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin (18) Siri, OC?s
    Genre: missing scene TPM vignette
    Keywords: Dirt and Water
    Summary: On the way to Tatooine

Note this was an entry in the Prequel Trilogy challenge one and has been expanded into a vignette. Inspired by the rainy weather and my new fic The name is Bhik, Magin Bhik,

Knights and Aces

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon exited the reception-area of the Naboo yacht where they had told the Queen of their destination.

Qui-Gon said ?we were not looking our best in those dirty clothes.?

Obi-Wan smiled and said ?we have seen worse during our missions.?

Qui-Gon said ?not to mention those days in the crèche as an initiate. I was three years old and friends with Magin Bhik and Benno Perion when one of our duct-crawling adventures ended in a waste chute of the temple. Yoda rescued us and was complaining when he was guiding us back to the crèche. We had to stay in our room for two days and eat Yoda?s stew. Yuck.?

Obi-Wan smiled and said ?Yes yuck too. I have seen Benno many times but I have never seen Magin Bhik.?

Qui-Gon said ?Magin Bhik became after he was knighted in the same year as me a field Jedi and he only returns to the temple for getting new orders. He was one of the Jedi who convinced me to return to the temple after Xanatos turned and told me to take a new padawan. I will tell you more of him when we finish this mission. And I have seen a laundryroom on this craft and that will take care of our dirt in no time. And when you are cleaned up again you can go to the kitchenunit. I will prepare for the mission ahead of us.?

Obi-Wan said ?you can go first master. I will wait and do some meditation.?

Qui-Gon saw his padawan settling himself on the durasteel floor and smiled. He thought when he entered the laundryroom ?that young man is like a son to me. I don?t want him to leave my care but he is ready for the trials. Joking about pathetic creatures when he met Jar Jar is so like him. He has a great love for all living beings.?

After cleaning himself Qui-Gon alerted Obi-Wan through his bond and went to a guestroom to prepare the next step in the mission.

---

?Brr, water, lots of cold water, swimming to Otoh Gunga, piloting a leaky bongo, escaping said bongo before it disappeared down a huge waterfall and swimming across a river? Obi-wan thought as he was shedding his boots and upended them in the sink in the laundryroom of the Naboo spacecraft.
    His clothes were next and he put them in the laundrymachine.
    He donned one of those fluffy robes one of the handmaidens had given him and went to the fresher.

?Ah, water, nice warm water, showering all that dirt and mud away? Obi-Wan thought as he was rinsing away the soap from his hair.

He exited the shower and carefully unbraided his braid putting the small beads on a table.

He combed the long strands and rebraided them, first came the white bead given to him by his master when he was apprenticed and last the red bead given to him by the district chief of the Coruscant firedepartment. He remembered that incident and thought about his master who was so like a father to him. Qui-Gon had a similar red bead tied in the thong that tied his hair together, given by that same chief for saving him. Almost 13 years had they been together as master and padawan and it won?t be long before he had to take the trials

He walked back to the laundryroom and yes his clothes were clean again. After putting them on he walked to the kitchenunit for some refreshments.

?Hm, water, nice soft water to make a cup of tea? Obi-Wan thought as he was preparing a pot of it and rummaging through the cupboards he found a sack full of jellybeans.
    ?Yes? he smiled ?jellybeans? He had used them many times as betting chips when he was playing a game of Knights and Aces with his fellow padawans. And those two healers Masters Aaqu and Kaagi loved to play as well and each time he or his master was in the healer?s ward they had played the game.

?And now for a deck of cards? and for tha

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaawww, nice little contemplation for master and padawan....'like a son'....'like a father', while they clean up. But poor Obi-Wan's trials will come sooner than either of them want.

I'm sure the knights will protect them as well. :)

3. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I loved this story!

We had to stay in our room for two days and eat Yoda?s stew. Yuck.
    [face_laugh] Poor little Qui-Gon!

The part where Qui-Gon thought about what Obi-Wan meant to him was so cute, and it was sad because of what we know is coming. :(

Ric Olie is a tricky fellow, winning all of those jelly beans. [face_mischief]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    We had to stay in our room for two days and eat Yoda?s stew."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

but I bet they learned their lesson :p

Very cute

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    What a lovely little fic. :)

?Brr, water, lots of cold water, swimming to Otoh Gunga, piloting a leaky bongo, escaping said bongo before it disappeared down a huge waterfall and swimming across a river? Obi-wan thought as he was shedding his boots and upended them in the sink in the laundryroom of the Naboo spacecraft.
    :D Just a normal day in the life of a Jedi I guess.

I like the idea of Ric Olie scooping the pool, this is very original.

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    =D=

Awww so sweet, the calm before the storm.[face_worried]

How can they win at cards when they keep eating the jellybeans

It is lovely having a nice shower when you have been crawling around in the muck and it would be even nicer having a shower with Obi-Wan:D

Nice viggie

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    An awwww from me as well. I liked how Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan thought of each other. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.