main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Knights of Darkness ** - Home of the Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren v4.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Dagobahsystem

And that is just it the PT was a compelling story and has some of the best moments in SW! I just think he could have done so much more... almost like GL was trying too hard... make sense? He is a masterful writer we got The OT and Indian Jones.. numbers 1 and 2 in all time trilogies.

The gift that GL gave was his mind... the vision of the movies and his involvement in the EU of old. The PT as you put expanded on this immensely. I mean we got some incredibly compelling characters which changed how we view the whole SW universe from those PT movies.... and because of that I have a task...

Pick your top most influential PT characters which shaped and expanded upon our understanding of the SW universe. Keep it to "movie" characters only for now.

Darth Maul - gave us a view of the darkside we had never even imagined.
    Qui Gon Ginn - the performance of Liam Neeson and portrayal, I think brought us a view of the Jedi we had never seen.
    Count Dooku - again the regal portrayal of the fallen Jedi was a window into a whole new chapter in how we perceived the dark and light side.
    General Grievous - the embodiment of a cybernetic warrior... up to this point we thought of our droids and cyborgs as C-3PO and R2D2... this guy has teeth!

So with that you could say GL's casting strength and vision gave us so much.

Also no need to thank me in the tournament... besides none of you will be thanking me shortly... [face_devil]

2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    *wishes "Like" could be tapped more than once just for the comment placing Grievous in a positive light as a character...then wonders what is in store for the tournament* Is that your way of saying we should be afraid? Be very afraid?

dragonsith13 likes this.
  3. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005

Players have been tagged... I await their responses....

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  4. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    I too really love the PT. I actually own all three movies and the Novelizations. Sure the dialogue is a bit dull but we get to see the Jedi in their prime! Also Darth Maul. I support everything Dagobahsystem has said.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    and because of that I have a task...
    Pick your top most influential PT characters which shaped and expanded upon our understanding of the SW universe. Keep it to "movie" characters only for now.

dragonsith13

Greetings. I present to you my answers to your open task from a few hours ago.

I will choose one character from each film and restrict myself to less obvious choices, except for ROTS. I hope this decision still meets your criteria.

From The Phantom Menace, I choose Boss Nass.

He helped shape the SW universe by presenting a brave defense against the Trade Federation. This was facilitated by his wisdom in deciding to mend fences with Queen Amidala and form an alliance. His Gungan brethren and the people of Naboo attained victory, although it was short lived.
    The presence of Boss Nass expanded upon our understanding of the SW universe by showing us how eliminating cultural bias and planetary infighting can lead to victory, however temporary.

From Attack of the Clones, I choose the Kaminoans. (Taun-We)

For a kickoff, they are amongst the most elegantly designed aliens in film history. Not only that, they are highly intelligent, masterfully manipulative and deceptive; yet maintaining a calm, cool, collected demeanor all the while.

I'm not even sure if anyone has yet to figure out what they were really up to in their dealings with the Jedi and their own cloning operations. I prefer this more subtle, mysterious approach to characterization, as opposed to some of the more obvious, bombastic, and loquacious PT characters.
    The Kaminoans hold their cards close and tightly, while seemingly revealing all.

In spite of that, it must be fairly obvious to everyone how much the Kaminoans shaped and expanded upon our collective understanding of the SW universe.
    Taun-We is my favorite Kaminoan.

From Revenge of the Sith, I will choose Darth Sidious.

This is an obvious choice, I know, yet we can't underestimate the power of this character and his influence on the entire SW saga. Not to mention the incredible acting performance given and the reverberations this has throughout the OT, especially Return of the Jedi, one of the greatest films of all time.

In fact, ROTS and ROTJ are arguably the two greatest SW films of all time. If true, this is most certainly due to the enhanced presence of Darth Sidious in these films.

I hope this post partially begins to answer your task; I have many alternative answers available, but hopefully this is adequate, at least for now.

Thank you for your time, my Lord. Cheers!

QueenSabe7 and dragonsith13 like this.
  6. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Fee free to PM me your alternates as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    What for? Why PM? I don't understand.
    Did I give the wrong answer?

I didn't answer to gain prestige point anyway.
    Just felt like answering the question.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    E. L.Knight
    Just an update on my task as there was no definite time limit mentioned, Master. I am just about finished with the task of casting the KoD characters. I have been researching each individual personality to appropriately cast actors/actresses and that is the cause for the time I have taken thus far. My goal is to have it posted this weekend. *bows respectfully*

E. L.Knight and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Fine don't pm me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dagobahsystem and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  10. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    You've got mail. :p[​IMG]

11. Adirondackjedi27

Jan 17, 2013
    I'm not in a good mood. My favorite musician Chester Bennington of Linkin Park committed suicide.

12. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I know how you feel AJ27.
    I'm still mourning the loss of Chris Cornell, who is one of my favorites.

I'm not in a good mood for a lot of reasons today.

Anyhow, hope your day gets better.

13. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    ROSTER
    **KNIGHTS OF DARKNESS**
    :kylo:
    ~Triumvirate of Dark Lords~
    Sinrebirth / Insipid - Emperor
    Lady Belligerent / Bellorum - Dawn Herald
    Darth_wanderguard / Haretisch - Night Herald
    ~Ebon Knights~
    E. L.Knight / Hades - Knight Commander
    dragonsith13 / Draconis - Headmaster
    Darth Kronos / Kronos​
    ~Death Knights~
    ~Dread Knights~
    ~Shadow Knights~
    QueenSabe7 / Leda: 44 PP - dragonsith13
    Dagobahsystem / Saadi: 41 PP - Sinrebirth
    HanSolo29 / Skelm: 34 PP - Lady Belligerent
    PCCViking / Thunderous: 29 PP - E. L.Knight
    Kaleesh-Cyborg / Grievance Vexx: 24 PP - E. L.Knight
    Adirondackjedi27 / Corvus: 15 PP - dragonsith13
    corinthia / Alekto: 5 PP - E. L.Knight
    Mostlymad / Valdimar: 3 PP - dragonsith13
    ~Peons~
    100PercentStarWars​
    Captain Owen​
    Darth Rozic​
    Isley_27​
    Halle Dray​
    Nehru_Amidala*​
    Moonspun Dragon​
    Mikaboshi (15 PP)​
    Shadowsun​
    WookieeRage​
    *denotes recently active​

Nehru_Amidala and Dagobahsystem like this.
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    *lurks in the swimming pool*

15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    I heard about that. Always a tragedy. Devastated me when I found out about Robin Williams.

Dagobahsystem and dragonsith13 like this.
  16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ^Agreed. It's always sad when that happens.

17. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005

I am still mourning Kurt Cobain...

dating myself there...

Dagobahsystem

+1 prestige for your completion

Dagobahsystem and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Thank you, dragonsith13
    Yeah, I miss Kurt Cobain too. So sad what happened.

I, too, was devastated when Robin Williams died. Kaleesh-Cyborg
    That was a horrible tragedy.

Man, this day has not been good. I have a pit in my stomach and feel so anxious. Think I should try to sleep.

Have a good weekend, y'all.

19. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    It was utterly shocking. He was such a gifted actor and not just in comedy. He could make an audience cry as much as he could make them laugh with all the heartfelt emotion he poured into his roles. I love Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire, but I think the best of his best films was one simply called Jack. Absolutely treasure that movie. Always will.

20. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Dagobahsystem [:D] Feel better, Saadi.

Kaleesh-Cyborg Completely agree. The two films that Robin Williams is in that make me all sorts of emotional couldn't be more different: Hook and Good Will Hunting. Regarding the latter, each and every scene he is in is so powerful, especially his last with Matt Damon. He was so talented. And Hook just gets me every time. It's my favorite of his.

He is most definitely still sorely missed.

21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Thank you QueenSabe7 [:D]

I think Robin was a genius. His improvisations are out of this world. The week after he passed away, I rewatched Awakenings, Hook, Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam and Good Will Hunting. And his role in Aladdin is so hilarious.

For such a funny man, his acting was quite emotional. He makes me laugh and cry. He was so incredibly talented and so very sweet.

22. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Hi best was :Good mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorning Vietnam."

23. Adirondackjedi27

Jan 17, 2013
    I loved Robin Williams. I think i've seen almost every movie he's done except for that one with a family and camping? Mrs Doubtfire was realy good and i think the first movie he was in I saw was Aladdin, then came Hook.

Kaleesh-Cyborg and Dagobahsystem like this.
  24. Adirondackjedi27

Jan 17, 2013
    *Grumbles about how few Prestige points he has as he flops in a chair*

25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Remember, Lord Draconis presents many interesting and fun open tasks to the entire group here.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.