main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Knights of Darkness ** - Home of the Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren v4.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    @darth_nemisis Sadly, I have to work tomorrow... T_T

Also, what should I (as Neoma) do now?

2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    New task, that's what! Tell me who your favorite Sith is and why. Doesn't have to be long and drawn out like a school essay (bleh), just make sure you explain your choice thoroughly.

3. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm optimistic, though deathly scared about seeing one of my Favorite Characters portrayed by a new actor. Still excited to see what they have done in the story and the overall SW universe pieces we will see and be exposed to.

I will not be seeing it till next week.

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  4. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Okay! I can do that.

My favorite Sith? Exar Kun

Here's why:

1. He was very cunning and would let nothing and nobody get in his way of his goals.

2. He was one of, if not the, first to create a double-bladed lightsaber.

3. His spirit almost defeated Luke Skywalker and his students.

4. For a young guy, he was very powerful in the Force. Powerful than people like Thon!

5. And lastly... He had an amazing ponytail! [face_love]

5. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    @E. L.Knight

Master, here is my task. *bows*

The Sith have many enemies: make a biological weapon based on a disease or multiple diseases, what would I choose?

How is it transmitted?

Who does it target?

What is the duration of the disease?

Is there a vaccine or cure?

Can it mutate?

What are the symptoms or effects?

For this, I would take a page out of Ysanne Isard's book. The disease I would choose is a mild version of influenza. I would take care to make sure this weapon isn't necessarily fatal? Why? As Isard proved, forcing the enemy to tie up resources to treat the disease can be just as effective as trying to kill the entire enemy, if not more so. If the enemy is forced to spend resources and money on constantly treating the diseases's victims, that will be fewer resources devoted to battling the Sith.

Before I reveal how it's to be transmitted, let me first reveal who it will target: any non-human species, both human-friendly and anti-human. The potential political effect would be devastating. On the one hand, our human enemies can't afford to alienate those species who may not like humans; on the other hand, they can't afford to ignore their allies either. Forcing them to pick and choose which species to treat/cure equally will only add to their difficulties. Also, the fact that humans seem to be immune to this disease would only serve to fuel the distrust of them, even among their allies eventually.

As for the specific method of transmitting, in order to get it into the various food and drinks non-humans use, I would attack the source: infect the various ingredients of the food and drink, and then by the time they're grown/cooked/brewed or shipped to the planet, it would be too late to do anything. For the purposes of this disease, it would need to target a planet like Coruscant (or any multi-species world like Hosnian Prime).

Now, how is it to be treated? Well, we need to make sure it doesn't affect humans. So, after it's carefully created in the lab, it must be introduced via food and beverages that normally wouldn't eat or drink. Now, the influenza tends to be contagious and airborne, but the idea is to prevent humans from necessarily being infected.

What is the duration of the disease? I don't have a specific duration in mind, but it must be long enough to cause the chaotic effects as described above, yet short enough to avoid the danger of mutating. If it mutates, it runs the risk of infecting humans, and that would prove to be counter-effective. For the purposes of this disease, it shouldn't be able to mutate.

As for the cure, like Isard's plan, it can be treated/cured using bacta. Again, this goes back to tying up the enemy's resources, forcing them to pick and choose who to cure first. At the same time, efforts would need to be made to limit shipment of bacta to the affected planet in order to drive up prices and lower the quantity needed, thus exacerbating the situation.

The effects and symptoms would be regular influenza symptoms: coughing, sore throat, runny noses, fever, body aches, etc. The disease wouldn't necessarily be fatal, after all long term suffering can be more damaging to morale than a quick and relatively painless death.

Now, this plan was similar to Isard, but I would make one change: her mistake was handing a dying world to the New Republic, but the effectiveness of her plan was decreased by Wedge Antilles's plan to bring down Coruscant's shields. My change would to wait to deploy this weapon until the planet is entirely in the enemy's hands. Also, the fact that the disease wouldn't only be transmitted by the water supply will increase the chances of success.

*bows*

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    @PCCViking, when they identify the link between the food and your flu, wouldn't they take steps to isolate it? Similar to what's happening in our galaxy and e-coli?

E. L.Knight and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    That's a good point, but it goes to part of the plan: by infecting the ingredients themselves, they would either have to grow/make new ingredients or ship them in from off-planet. By the time they realize/take the steps to isolate it, the virus would have spread to most of the targeted species/population.

Again, part of the plan isn't necessarily to kill every member of every species, but to divide, and then conquer. :)

8. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I am going to avoid spoilers, but I have to say...the movie was awesome. I really, really enjoyed it. To me, it's a shame people are avoiding it just because of it being Han Solo.

9. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I’m not avoiding, I’m open minded and optimistic given the way Rogue One turned out. Again hope to see it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I might see it. Seems pretty cool.

Oh! I've completed the task, @QueenSabe7 :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I saw Solo today and really enjoyed it. Just still in two minds about the reveal at the end- will probably come round to it.
    But yeah. Darn good fun, am very happy.

12. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    @PCCViking Very Clever. But what do you do about Sith who are in the target zone?

Would it not be better to have an immunization injection ready so certain assets aren't affected?

I award you 3 points non the less.

I now want you to design an elite military team that would be under your command.

Each member must possess one unique weapon a piece that aids in their missions.

Your team limit is 6 members or less.

Your scenario: You have been tasked with taking a stronghold held by terrorists from the New Republic.

They are former military and use droids, as well as automated systems, and sentient soldiers.

You are to eliminate all hostiles.

You have been informed that there are also several hostages held inside, but you have no Intel on the current layout of the stronghold.

The stronghold is Vaders Castle on Mustafar.

13. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
  14. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    @SkywalkerShine Take a prestige point for your task. An additional point is up for grabs if you can list any weaknesses you think your choice has and why.

15. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @QueenSabe7 Thank you! And if I may ask, could you give me an example, please? :)

QueenSabe7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Just your personal opinion if Exar Kun had any weaknesses or faults to his character as a person/darksider. :kylo:

17. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @QueenSabe7

Ah! I understand now. Thank you. And sorry for the late reply.

Hmm... I would say his arrogance and pride gets the better of him. He was also unstable as a spirit, meaning he went insane after his spirit was trapped for 4000 years.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  18. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    @PCCViking
    I saw this and thought of your latest task. [face_laugh]
    [​IMG]

19. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
  20. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    Take an additional .5 prestige. :) I will have another task for you this weekend!

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you! And alright. I can't wait. :D

22. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    I have a task worth 3 points to anyone who provides me with a satisfactory entry.

Your task is to choose a Disney Princess and tell the tragic tale of how they fell to the dark side using their original origin story as told by Disney, but you have to also make it fit into Star Wars.

The twist is, the original villain of that princesses story must be redeemed and Join the lightside.

I want details of how they fell and how they were redeemed.

Be creative.

You can include any other Disney characters you choose as well in any role, but the Princess and the Villain must be as I have requested.

Dare any of you try and complete this?

23. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E. L.Knight likes this.
  24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Shoot, I'll play with that just for the challenge and the fun of it. Although it turns my stomach to think of someone like Mother Gothel falling--err...rising?--to the light side. X(

E. L.Knight likes this.
  25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Technically, Rey is a Disney princess now. :p

Headmaster, I propose you give negative points for anyone who tries to pull that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.