main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Jedi Order

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by PaSco, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    (bows head) Greetings. I am Pasco of the Maryland FanForce. I am in the process of finding people who follow the ethical code of the Jedi. This is not a spiritual/religious group at all. I am merely looking for people who feel that this great country's values and honor have diminished over the course of it's short history.

I feel that the ethical code by which the Jedi live is equal to that of the Japanese Samauri and the various knights of Europe. If you feel the way that I do, and wish to befriend and meet others like me, please contact me through the MDFF. Again, this has nothing to do with religion. People of all races, religions, creeds, etc. are more than welcome. Thank you for your time. (bows head again)

2. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Hi PaSco! It must be providence that brought you here. We already have a group that adheres to those same tenets. We are also interested in restoring "this great country's values and honor that have diminished over the course of it's short history". Please feel free to join us. We have several off shoots of which you can choose your particular path.

3. US AIR FORCE

4. US NAVY

5. US ARMY

6. US MARINE CORPS

7. Our "Knights" in action

[face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag] [face_flag]

8. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Hey, I'm all for that. My entire family is made up of military personnel. Father, mother, sister, uncle, brother-in-law. Heck I even went into the USMC but got a medical discharge due to shattering my ankle in boot camp. I proudly support our troops. But at the same time why are we fighting other people's wars when we can barely hold ourselves together?

I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm just looking for others who feel as I do and have the same interests as I do in Star Wars. That's it.

9. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Dude, it's only a movie. [echo]It's only a movie[/echo] George Lucas wrote a story in which he mixed liberal amounts of eastern philosophy, religion, and folklore.

It's make believe. There are no Jedi. There is no force. Furthermore, there is no Santa Clause, no Easter Bunny, and no Great Pumpkin. Mr. Hanky is real, though. :p

You really want to follow an ethical path devoid of spiritualism/religion? Do ya? Take off the robe. Put down the flashlight. Follow something that is REAL.

Follow the 7 principles of Bushido!

10. Gi (Honesty & Justice)

Be acutely Honest throughout your dealings with all people.
    Believe in Justice, not from other people, but from yourself.
    To the true Samurai, there are no shades of gray in the question of Honesty and Justice.
    There is only Right and Wrong.

11. Rei (Polite Courtesy)

Samurai have no reason to be cruel.
    They do not need to prove their strength.
    A Samurai is Courteous even to his enemies.
    Without this outward show of respect, we are nothing more than animals.
    A Samurai is not only respected for his strength in battle, but also by his dealing with other men.
    The true strength of a Samurai becomes apparent during difficult times
  12. .

13. Yu (Heroic Courage)

Rise up above the masses of people who are afraid to act.
    Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all.
    A Samurai must have Heroic Courage.
    It is absolutely risky.
    It is dangerous.
    It is living life completely, fully, wonderfully.
    Heroic Courage is not blind, it is Intelligent and Strong.

14. Meiyo (Honor)

A true Samurai has only one judge of Honor, and this is Himself.
    Decisions you make and how these decisions are carried out are reflections of whom you truly are.
    You cannot hide from yourself.

15. Jin (Compassion)

Through intense training the Samurai becomes quick and strong.
    He is not as other men.
    He develops a power that must be used for the good of all.
    He has Compassion.
    He helps his fellow man at every opportunity.
    If an opportunity does not arise, he goes out of his way ot find one.

16. Makoto (Complete Sincerity)

When a Samurai has said he will perform an action, it is as good as done.
    Nothing will stop him from completing what he has said he will do.
    He does not have to "give his word."
    He does not have to "promise."
    Speaking and Doing are the same action.

17. Chu (Duty & Loyalty)

For the Samurai, having done some "thing" or said some "thing," he knows he owns that "thing."
    He is responsible for it, and all the consequences that follow.
    A Samurai is immensely loyal to those in his care, to those he is responsible for.
    He remains fiercely True.

18. I'm not flaming you. I'm completely serious. Star Wars is nothing but a fairy tale.
    Good luck, and may reality be with you. ;)

19. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Or you can accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior......

20. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Following the Jedi code is for the most part the same thing as a samauri. It's like saying you can be a christian and believe in a god and a catholic can't. NONE OF THIS IS ABOUT RELIGION! It is about values. If you don't want to be part of it than fine, don't comment. Just accept the fact that not everyone follows what you do or what you think is right. No religion or belief is wrong or correct because it is based on faith.

I'm not looking for people who want to criticize me. We all know the world has enough of them. It is a mere way of letting others who are like me know that there ARE others out there. And that is it. I'm not pushing my beliefs on you or anyone else so don't push your's on me.

21. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    "Take off the robe. Put down the flashlight."

Oh no you did not!?! [face_laugh]

No Great Pumpkin!?! Joe that is hitting below the belt!! :_|

22. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Pasco,

You might want to consider discussing this on places like The Force Academy (http://www.forceacademy.com) or if you have a Jedi costume you should consider the Jedi Assembly.

http://www.thejediassembly.com/

23. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Pasco, we do not mean to criticize you or make fun of you, but you have to realize this belief system you "believe" in, is fictional, based upon MOVIES. The Jedi way is great and all, but it's fiction, something that isn't real. Please, just don't make a mistake in doing what you feel is the way.

Alright, let's all be civilized and what not. Move Along, move along.

24. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey I'm the trooper so that's my line Herb!! lol

25. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    The only thing is man your saying this is not about religion, but the samurai were a religion if you think about it as are the "jedi". Your saying this is not about religion, but that is exactly what it is.

I dont' have a problem with your belief of it, it's just the fact that you are trying to promote it.

26. PaSco

Dec 22, 2004
    Has no one heard what I have said? I'm not looking for others that feel the way about it as a religion as I do. I'm looking for other Jedi fans that feel the way about the Ethical nature of it as I do. That is it. And the Samauri were more honor based than religious. Medievil knights were religious based.

Is not a belief in God something that is without proof or fact? Can anyone PROVE without a doubt that it is a GOD that produces miracles? Believing in the Force is no different than believing in a God. Just a different way of believing in a higher power.

But I'm not here to argue theology. I just want to find people to hang out with that have the similar moral values that I do. I don't care if you're christian, jewish, muslum, islamic, hebrew, etc. If you have strong moral values like a Jedi, and like the Jedi that is all I am looking for.

And thank you for not judging me, those of you who don't. You are the ones who are true to yourselves and others. You are the ones with honor.

27. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Jedi suck. :p

28. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    And Jewish is the religion and hebrew is their language. Just so you know.

29. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Are you starting with me? I think you wanna fight!

*throws matzo ball at Julian's head*

:p

30. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    *Throws some falaful in Joes eye*

Wasnt talking to you! J/K

31. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    *Ducks out of the way of the food fight*

Neither of you are actting in line with the Jedi you know. :p

32. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    The Jedi couldn't fight their way out of an ewok bar on a Tuesday night! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.