main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPLUBIC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SithapprenticeDJ, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I have to return Knights Of The Old Replubic because my computer isn't strong enough to play the game which is really disapointing but I think I'm going to go out and buy an Xbox. We went to Staples in Plaistow to get a memory upgrade and a upgrade on the video card but the computer wouldn't take the memory. Also the guy said that he didn't have the video card I needed. We called around to see if we could just buy the brain but you can't and to buy a new computer would cost about $799.00 from DELL.

We actually called DELL to see if I could get the upgrades for my computer but I can't. I asked the guy if I could just buy a upgraded processor and he said I couldn't. When I first installed the game I was getting an error message everytime I tryed to start the game and I was thinking of asking you guys what you thought was the problem but I found out that my system requirements didn't meet the game requirements.

The thing I really :mad:hate is the fact that they keep making these games really powerful so you're computer can't play them and my computer is only two years old and it's already obsolete.

The way I look at it is it's better off having some form of the game than not having it at all because I really want to play this game.

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I had the same problem DJ. I got KOTOR for Xmas and it wouldn't run on my PC either. I would have to have gotten a new processor, more memory and a new vid card. I ended up sending it back to Amazon (still waiting patiently for the credit slip) and got an early b-day present of an xbox :D. All I have to do now is get the game back from amazon and I'll be all set!

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    What kind of specs does your PC have DJ (CPU, RAM, video card)? Unless you've got a more entry level computer (Celeron chip and integrated video card) a 2-year old computer should still have enough to run KOTOR.

4. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    My processor has a Intel Celeron 1.1GHZ and I have 128MB,SDRAM memory. The video card is a Integrated Intel 3D AGP graphics. I needed a 1.6GHZ for my processor. The video card didn't support Transform and Lighting and it said that I failed GL status too. It said that I needed 256MB of RAM. The guy I talked to on the phone from DELL said I couldn't upgrade my computer. He said I would have to buy a whole new computer.

I asked him if I could just buy an upgraded processor and he said that it was not possible. I then asked him if DELL had a trade in policy where I could trade in my old computer for a new one but he said that they didn't have anything like that. I looked around to see what the prices were on computer's but they were a little expensive. I couldn't get just the upgraded computer brain so I was forced to go out and buy an XBOX. Believe me I wanted to buy a new computer but my father advised me not too. It was unfortunate that I couldn't play the game on the PC because it's supposed to be the best version of the game. It's better having the game then not having it at all.

Tuesday I returned the PC version of Knights Of The Old Republic and the guide that went along with it to the video game store in the Salem mall. I got the XBOX version of the game instead and the guide to go along with it. Wednesday I got the XBOX at Toys R' US in Manchester and I eventually got it hooked up because I had a little trouble with it. I had to disconnect my playstation 2.

I really love the game and I just started playing it Thursday after I got it hooked up. I have one question about the clock on the XBOX system. Everytime I turn off the system I have to fix the clock. I'm a level four scoundrel on Taris right now and I used one of the names I came up with for the roleplaying game we were going to do at the Cantina.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The video card is a Integrated Intel 3D AGP graphics.

That's your biggest problem. An Integrated AGP chip uses the system's RAM to process graphics. They can take up to 32MB away from your 128MB.

I'm in the same boat you were in before you got the XBox. My PC won't run KOTOR either and I don't have the money to burn on either a new PC or an XBox.

6. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I had to start a new game with KOTOR because I got stuck at the duel ring. I started playing with a scoundrel and I think I didn't make him strong enough. I found out that the scoundrel is the weakest Physically and isn't good with melee weapons. This time I'm playing with a soldier and I let the computer pick my attributes, skills, and feats. Then I just chose my appearance and the computer picked a name for me which is Dake Lantra. This time I'm playing a darkside campaign just to see what it's like.

7. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey John, do you know how to beat Darth Malak because Jason got to him but couldn't beat him. I'm not at that point yet I'm on Korriban right now but I figured you would be a good guy to ask considering you beat the game.

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I beat Malak by pretty much the same thing he was doing.. sucking the life energy out of the near dead Jedi he had in the fortress, and then hitting him with every offensive force power and lightsaber move I had... it took a while, but it worked :)

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Just wanted to chime in on Malak :) I played thru lightside and kept doing the level 3 fore push which would knock him down and damage him.
    Had very little luck trying to saber fight him, so I just kept running around and knocking him over :) I think you have to free/kill all the captive Jedi to defeat him also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.