main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Old Republic #34: Vindication, part 3 (of 4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWKOTOR34.jpg]

STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC #34?VINDICATION part 3 (of 4)
    John Jackson Miller (W), Brian Ching (P/Cover), and Michael Atiyeh (C)
    On sale Oct 22
    FC, 40 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing

The secret Jedi Covenant has one leader, but it isn?t the devoted Jedi seer, Lady Krynda Draay . . .

As Padawan Zayne Carrick struggles to clear his name, the Masters who framed him for murder are finding the ideals they have worked so hard to protect are crumbling. They have been deceived by a trusted advisor whose hostile takeover will pit the Jedi Knights against one another?true Jedi of the Order vs. the misguided Jedi of the Covenant!

? Brian Ching, the artist who kicked off the series, returns for the climactic end of this major storyline!

2. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Sold!

Really, really looking forward to this. KOTOR's simply the best of the SW comics going around today, and I'm excited by the prospect of a new storyline. Hopefully the timeline advances a bit as well, and we can get into more of the juicy stuff alluded to in the video games. :D

3. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    is this the final arc? or will kotor continue?

4. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm to understand that KotOR and Legacy will continue as long as we buy them. So, yeah.

5. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    :eek: Oh, wow. Is it October yet?

6. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Is this the end of Zayne's ordeal to clear his name? Yes. Is this the end of the KOTOR series ? No.

7. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    This = WIN :D

8. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    I have always envisioned the final issue of KOTOR ending with Revan coming back and proclaiming himself Dark Lord of the Sith.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yes, this issue sounds very, very awesome. And very nice cover, and hurray, they've got an excellent artist for this issue too! Though we already have a Lucien vs. Zayne cover coming up, but oh well, its such an iconic moment, who cares? I hope Zayne finally manages to clear his name. Though looks like another Zayne vs. Lucien duel is imminent, I wonder how many Covenant Masters are left by now. I alo hope Zayne puts up a better fight than he did during his last few lightsaber duels.

10. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    This looks great! The end of the Jedi Covenant will hopefully push the Mandalorian Wars as the primary focus of the series. Maybe we'll finally see Revan and his faction recruit Zayne or something...I'd like to see Revan, Alek, Zayne, and Jarael all working alongside each other. That would be alot of fun. :)

11. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Some of us are assuming quite a bit. It says the storyline comes to an end, but nowhere does it say that Zayne's ordeal to clear his name ends, nor that the Covenant ends. Who knows what "storyline coming to an end" may mean, especially knowing JJM.

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, it's not completely clear whether "major storyline" refers to this first arc (KotOR #1-35) or whether it just means Vindication.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Told you . . . ;)

14. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Yeah, I'm bettin' Krynda really is dead, and Haazen really has been pulling all the strings from the beginning: perhaps even manipulating the first watch circle into its current predicament?

15. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    FINALLY A COVER with Zayne HOLDING his own against the Jedi..and facing them on his feet and not from his ass! I'm Sold too!!

btw. I'm predicting Revan & Malak to help Zayne...and began their "hero" quest by knocking out the Covenant(including haazen), (afterwards..the Mandolorians)

Shadojoker

16. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Proving again why even simple cover art "panels" can be every byte as good as stylised ones.

17. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    ^^ What she said. [face_hypnotized]

18. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I'd say it refers to the whole arc, not just Vindication.
    This is Vindication 3 of 4. So while it makes sense to talk about the end of an arc when you are at 34 of 35, it doesn't make all that much sense when you are at 3 out of 4. ;)

19. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    [face_praying]I don't think I've ever been more excited about the release of a comic than this one...and it seems from the cover art that Lucien and Zayne have been going full out against each other for a while.

20. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Sweet. Now I just need to finish rereading Commencement. :D

- Keralys

21. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    He has no Phrik Vambraces on the cover. Is that an oversight or will Zayne lose a hand?

Personally, I'm hoping for this series to end with Zayne cutting off Alek's jaw.

22. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Unless Revan and Alek have been really busy, it can't. Alek still had his jaw as per him and Revan's discovery of the first Star Map on Dantooine, which I don't think has happened yet. Plus by then he had his spiffy tattoos, which the last time we saw him, he did not. Also I believe he lost it in a duel with Darth Revan (pretty sure I've read that somewhere, and not the Wook)

What an awesome cover, reminds me of the "Face off" Cade and Krayt cover.

23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Correct.

It was stated on the back of one of the minatures packets I believe.

I confess I'm open to them retconning that, since I won't shed any tears over them overwriting something from such an obscure source... but I do like the potential to build in the comments from Revan's holocron regarding the Rule of Two. The idea Malak et al ganged up on Revan and he then kicked all their asses leaving only Malak alive... sans the jaw. [face_mischief]

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, it's exciting to see the end in sight for the mega-arc that started so long ago. And to think this has only covered, what? a year or two at most in timeline?

25. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/15/15004.jpg] [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/15/15495.jpg] [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/14/14913.jpg] [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/300/14/14914.jpg]

I heartily second that. After so many issues with Zayne behind the eight ball with a saber in his face, strapped down, or retreating from a Rakghoul, this kind of cover has been eagerly anticipated by me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.