Knights of the Old Republic #43: The Reaping, Part 1 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xicer, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7

Where's the pic? Can't see the pic. Want to see the pic. Someone post a pic. Any pic will do.
  2. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Aaargh this picture isn't linking...you know what...just go here and find it by yourself. This effort has exhausted me.
  3. Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling

star 4
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f5/TheReapingPart1.jpg
  4. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Curse you Sven Starcrown! I've been working 5-10 minutes trying to link that picture, and I just gave up and linked to rebelscum.

Waaaaaaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
  5. Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling

star 4
  6. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That cover makes Zayne look like a mop-headed Rhett.

7. Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I toguht it was Malak when i first saw it.
  8. Master_Drock Jedi Knight

Well, if nothing else at least it looks like they have found an intriguing new style of surfing. ;)
  9. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7

Nice cover. Looks like Orlando Bloom? Yes? No? Fine. See if I care. Almost . . . almost . . . not quite . . . rudely staring at me. It gets Exproval. [face_peace]
  10. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Sweet cover!

"The Reaping" - sounds like a Stephen King title. [face_devil] Looking forward to it. :D

11. Celeste_Morne Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jarael and Zayne are still together! Yay!!!! [:D]

That's my sole reaction.
  12. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Another nice mission for our heroes. So this means Masks is a single issue arc... Interesting. [face_thinking]
    And an excellent cover. At first I didn't think that was really Zayne with Jarael there. It seems so because of the summary, but it doesn't really look like him. Much more Starkiller/Crashdown style, though. :p

Dazo has been improving quite a lot. Especially in Exalted. Then again, at that point I might have just been relieved it wasn't the Vector art. :p

Actually according to #38, they're a bit distant. But this cover is a good sign! :D
  13. Xicer Jedi Master

star 4
    Preview is up!

Nice to see a return to the Koornacht Cluster. Now I wonder if any of Nil Spaar's ancestors will make an appearance.;)
  14. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    Is one of the miners a Nazzri? I haven't seen any in SW since The Sith War.
  15. JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant

VIP
    star 3
    Yep, that's what you think it is.

(Pages 2 and 3 are reversed in the preview, as you may notice -- but it's all still there.)

16. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    FREAKING SWEET!!! The return of one of the most unused races in the SWU.
  17. Hendo255 Jedi Knight

star 2
    well he is "the muscle" in the operation as said by Gryph lol Makes more sense for him to be a guardian(provided he was with the order) he's admittedly lacking in the counselor aspects like healing and he's only ever had 1 vision

now if we could just see him actually win a duel vs another jedi on his own [face_tired]
  18. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    That flagship looks like a cross between an oil platform and an aircraft carrier. I love it!
    Especailly since just the other day I was thinking about Homeworld Cataclysm and how much I liked the idea of a massive, mobile deep space mining fleets.
    Through in diving through a comet and...wow...this is really cool.

I must also compliment you on coming up with a plausible reason to use slaves: too confusing for droids, and very expensive to use normal workers.
  19. Strika23 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Very nice preview. Cant wait!
    Nice change to see slaves working something different, as sad as it may be. And nice work on using one of the most least used species!

Also, Is Sariyah a female? The lips and skin color look feminine, and the name also sounds like it would be suited for a female.
  20. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Sariyah... Saarai-yah...? [face_thinking]

Why does this sound to me like another Adas-ca type of name? :p

One guy with an ancient Sith in his name, now this person with "truth" in her name... Truth...Adas...True Sith? :p

Yeah, I know, I know... I'm buying into the redherring teases far, far too much. :p
  21. Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Without those fancy things on his arms?
  22. Hendo255 Jedi Knight

star 2
    nah he can use those. Just for once no more well laid plans or friends jumping in to help... plz
  23. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Hmm... isn't the meant to be a big fleet battle? Or am I mixing up this with Destroyer?

If it is this though... a lone mining ship doesn't really contrast with the Mandalorian vs. Republic fleet battles we've already seen at Serroco, etc., so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out to transform it into something rather more epic than the preview appears.

At the moment it looks more likely to just be a kind of Peragus situation, with a wrong move causing the entire asteroid field to combust.
  24. ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Sariyah's face really freaked me out:eek: !
  25. Shadojoker Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/600/15/15955.jpg]

Shadojoker
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.