main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Knights Of the old Republic ~Against the Tide of War~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JediJumper, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Arana Maru, inside Jedi fighter, above Ossus

Arana was in space, shooting at every Sith fighter she saw. Even when fellow Jedi fighters needed help, she was there for them. Arana knew that she also had to protect the Transports to get to Coruscant.

If she did this, she was hoping that she'd be honored.

The young woman continued to protect the Transports as long as she could. Although some of the Jedi didn't know her, she really wanted to be remembered as a young heroine. Well... she'd have to do something really great for others. But in order to do that, she'd have to be brave...

Arana heard something about hyperspace through her comlink. If they all went into hyperspace, it would be a good opportunity to get away from the enemy ships.

Tag: Anyone

2. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    IC:Ryshin Thraell

Ryshin looked above Gerriks ship after Life questioned them. "You mean the one who's shooting and destroying every Sith fighter in sight?" Ryshin sarcastically answered, before following Gerrik towards the Sith Capital ship, shooting his EMP Missiles everywehre. Ryshin did a loop turna and came behind a couple of Sith Fighters. "Ah, bye bye!" Ryshin said calmly as he blasted them to oblivian. Then Ryshin moved his starfighter behind Kukai's. "Hey, Kukai. I think your Master's calling you." Ryshin said.

TAG:Anyone

3. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    OOC: Sorry I haven't been keeping up, DRL got me. I will do my best to stay with you.

IC: Arrix Naton.

Arrix Kept his ship near the transports. He would do his best to defend them and hold the enemy at bay. Arrix watched as the enemy fighters came nearer and nearer. "We are all gonna die." he muttered under his breath as the Fighters came flying past him, firing at the same time. Arrix Banked his fighter towards the left, and joined the battle.

Tag: everyone.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Shin'aoba
    Following Master Thraell and Knight Thade's lead, Shin formed up in the Delta formation. He fired away a few good shots, surprisingly good for a rookie. "Maybe this isn't so bad..." he thought to himself.

He was rudely interrupted by a glancing blast to is rear. "BANTHA FODDER!" he cried in shock, quickly regaining control of his ship. He focused. He had to stay calm. Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force that surrounds all things. He uses it. It is his ally, his tool, and his friend. Trust the Force. Finally, it seemed he had remembered a bit of useful advice. Concentrating on the flow of the Force, he performed a series of death-defying maneuvers, and quickly dispatched of the two enemy ships.

Breathing s light sigh of relief, Shin checked his monitors. The damage had, thankfully, been minimal, and he was still capable of flying indefinitely. "Still, best to not get hit anymore," he muttered, as Grandmaster Life's voice came in over the intercom.

?Gerrik, Shin, Ryshin, and Nerix I need you to hold on a bit longer, before we jump dock onto the ship?

Wait. Longer? Shin sighed again. "Roger that," he replied, banking into position again behind Thraell and Thade. He was beginning to think he disliked flying.

TAG: Any

5. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Gerrik Thade

"All wings form up, we're going to make one final pass around, target all guns and fighters." Gerrik said. He knew that if they didn't act quickly enough that the Sith would close ranks and keep them from escape. "Shin, Ryshin, Nerix. I want you to target the main weapon controls. I'm going to draw enemy fire. Arrix, Arana, Kukai. Follow behind them and hold off the fighters. Let's move at max speed, it will make tight turns a little more difficult, but hey, that's what the Force is for." he added to the others. "Now focus, this may be our only chance. May the Force be with us all." he said as he pulled up attracting the fire of the main ships as well as some fighters. He immediately threw himself to the will of the Force allwoing it to control his movements, dodging the fire with precision only the Force could provide, his fighter like a spinning cyclone in space, he did stop time and again to take out a fighter or turret however.

TAG: Fighter Squadron

6. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Arana Maru, Space, above Ossus

Arana was busy keeping all enemy fighters from shooting down her fellow fighters and the Transports. Suddenly, she heard a voice from the comlink. The voice belonged to Master Thade.

"Shin, Ryshin, Nerix. I want you to target the main weapon controls. I'm going to draw enemy fire. Arrix, Arana, Kukai. Follow behind them and hold off the fighters. Let's move at max speed, it will make tight turns a little more difficult, but hey, that's what the Force is for."

"Copy that," Arana said, locking in the targets of any enemy fighters. Her Jedi fighter moved behind Shin's, Ryshin's, and Nerix's as ordered. To Arana, this was a good opportunity to do something as a Padawan than to do nothing. She was also glad that the Jedi were doing a pretty good job at fending off the Sith.

Tag: Anyone

7. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    IC: Nerix Arrani

Nerix gave a woop of triumph as she slagged an enemy fighter before making a tight barrel-roll mauever to form up with the rest.

"I'm on it." She replied simply, opening up the throttle and zooming towards the capital ships with an exhilerated grin on her face. She lined her sights up on a target and waited until it all felt perfect before squeezing the trigger. She held fire and course until the last minute, making sure she'd slagged it before pulling up in a surprisingly tight manuever.

"That work for ya Thade?" She asked, sounding rather smug. But then, that's just the way she was.

TAG: chanbill, anyone

8. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Arrix

Arrix had just finished another roll, when Master Thade contacted them. "Shin, Ryshin, Nerix. I want you to target the main weapon controls. I'm going to draw enemy fire. Arrix, Arana, Kukai. Follow behind them and hold off the fighters. Let's move at max speed, it will make tight turns a little more difficult, but hey, that's what the Force is for." Thade said over the com. "Affirmative." Arrix formed up behind the others and switched on his comlink. "Did I mention we are all gonna die?." He said just before they made their move.

Tag: everyone

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

[i]"Shin, Ryshin, Nerix. I want you to target the main weapon controls. I'm going to draw enemy fire."[/i]

There was more, but Shin didn't hear it. He was busy moving into position to shoot... well, the weapon controls. He didn't exactly like the thought of going up against that kind of firepower, but ultimately he had to help defend the transport.

[i]At least I won't be getting shot at as much...[/i] he reconciled, firing away. The first shot was a slight miss, the second was a big miss, but somehow the third managed to connect soundly and the resulting explosion managed to bring a smile to Shin's face. "Got one," he thought aloud before turning to the next target. Another series of shots, another satisfying blast as a shot landed. "Time for number three," he noted.

Then there was a blaster shot, a thud, and a lot of red lights. He spat out something in his native tongue that, when combined with a subtle lekku manipulation, would roughly translate into a phrase not repeatable here.

His eyes frantically glanced his status panel. There was heavy damage to the right wing. [i]Okay, don't panic. Activate auto-repair mechanism...[/i] He flicked the switch. No response. He flicked it again. No response. Again and again and again and again... Nothing.

[i]Okay, [b]now[/b] you can panic[/i].

[b]TAG:[/b] Any

10. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Arana Maru, Space, above Ossus

Arana started to laugh at Arrix's comment. She comlinked him saying, "Ah, c'mon, Arrix! The fun has just begun!" She began to defend her fellow Jedi's fighters as best as she could.

Suddenly, she saw that Shin's ship was shot at. The young woman comlinked him worryingly. "Shin! This is Arana. Are you all right?"

She waited for his response.

Tag: Arrix, Shin, and others

11. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Shin, make for the transport, you keep this up your going to be space dust. I'll take over your position." Gerrik said as he moved in to take over the Twi'leks fighter position. He proceeded to let loose a volley of Proton Torpedos at another three weapons control stations. "Okay everyone, just a few more left, hold together, rotating V pattern. I'll take the lead, everyone else fall in behind me in a V shape, we'll rotate so no one is taking fire long enough to get damaged, It'll be like a goose flight, when one of us gets tired another will take their place. Now let's finish off this flight." he said to his fellow pilots. He then opened a channel to the transport.

"Master Life, start the preparations for the hyperspace jump, we're almost done with the cruisers, the fighters won't be a problem after that. Shin is on his way his ship is heavily damaged. We'll be there shortly." he added as he spun rapidly firing a chain of missles taking out several more fighters, cutting the remaining number down to a rough dozen. "Let's finish this." this he added as he sped off to the remaining cruisers.

TAG: All concerned

12. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008
    IC:Ryshin

Ryshin turned his fighter past a frigit. "So this is why I hate flying."Ryshin said, as his fighter was shot and his sheilds went down again. "Oh come on!!!!" Ryshin moaned. He turned his starfighter around and started aiming for an enemy bridge. Ryshin turned around and destroyed the enemy fighters. "Yeah, Master Life, i'll hold on a bit longer, but please if you can, go for hyperspace."

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

[i]"Shin! This is Arana. Are you all right?"[/i]

The voice barely registered in Shin's mind, drowned out by the din of his heart beating rapidly. "Not really, but I think I can make it back to the transport," he replied over the intercom. No need to mention the whole engine-leak, one in a million shot of actually making it back. Odds were, he was doomed.

More shots fired out, which somehow he managed to avoid by a distance much smaller than he actually felt comfortable with. "This is Shin, I'm pulling out. Transport, if you could give me some room for landing, I'd appreciate it."

He headed off for the transport, eyes constantly switching between his status displays and the outside of the cockpit. Fuel at 40%, 30%, 25%... he wasn't going to make it. [i]I'm... seriously going to die out here...[/i] he thought to himself. The distance between himself and the transport began to feel much longer than it actually was. 20%, 15%, 10%...

The engines cut out, with just enough gradual slowdown to effectively kill any momentum that could have kept him moving. And here he was without even a space suit. "How could this get any worse...?" he wondered aloud. Several Sith fighters came into view. "Oh."

He had to calm down, focus, trust the Force... or he was a goner. He decided the former was certainly worth a try.

He closed his eyes. Concentrating... the Sith ships, the Jedi ships, his own ship... there was a vague sensation of movement, the slight hint of blaster fire from somewhere. He started straining. "No, I've got to keep it up... got to keep going..." He was dimly aware of beads of sweat streaming down his forehead. There was a thunk-crash, the sound of a cockpit being pried open...

He managed a slight grin before he passed out. He'd made it.

[b]TAG:[/b] Any

14. JediJumper

JediJumper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2008
    IC: Life Glane/ Kukai

The large transport with barely any damage was edging toward a cleared path. The captain in charge was yelling out orders and commanding this. Life walked over to the communicator and turned the frequencies on to all the Jedi in the fighters.

[color=green]?Ok everyone, good job hanging in there. You can dock now. But Gerrik, and Ryshin can I bother you to do one more circle around then come in??[/color]

The captain came to Life after he was done and said [color=orange]?We are ready to make our Jump into Hyperspace Grandmaster Life."[/color]

Replying Life said [color=green]?Ok, make the jump??[/color]
    ---

Kukai zoomed through and entered the Enemy freighter. He twirled through it blasting everything in his path. Trying to move to his ion cannons Kukai pressed Proton Missiles instead and the two missiles hit the main power distributor for the whole starship, the other hit the fuel lines. Realizing what he did when the interior of the ship starter to explode from the inside out. Kukai flew as fast as his fighter could go through the starship and got out before the large freighter split into two and then exploded. Kukai yelled with victory [color=blue]"Yes!"[/color]

Ten enemy fighters were targeting Kukai now though. When he realized it Kukai?s engines blew out already. Swerving and toppling over he crashed in the hangar of the Jedi Transport. The young Padawan darted out of his cockpit and used the force to grab his Lightsaber and activated it. Luckily the Sith Fighters didn?t land.

Kukai had a giant gash on his leg and it was bleeding. He limped to the medical bay, and fell onto a bed. The medical robots treated him, along with a Jedi healer.

Life felt his presence enter the hangar, and knew he was in the space battle. When the Sith freighter exploded he could feel Kukai as he drew closer, and that disturbed the Grandmaster. Ignoring it at the moment he crossed his arms and commanded [color=green]?Jump for Hyperspace.?[/color]
    [hr][b]Tag:[/b] [i]Everyone[/i]

15. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin moaned at Life's reply. "No!!!!!!" Ryshin moaned.Ryshiin turned his ship around, blasting ships here and there. "Hah, take this, Sith scum!!!" Ryshin said, twisting in the air and shooting missiles as he went. Ryshin suddenly felt the ship shudder, and his wing was blown out. "Oh, NOW I see why I hate flying." Ryshin moaned. Ryshin twisted, dodged laserfire. Suddenly, he saw all the transports go into Hyperspace. So, before one of last went, he landed and headed towards the bridge.

16. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

Gerrik punched his accelerator one final time, spinning rapidly in a tight cirle, firing rapidly at everything around him, emptying his weapon arrays, blowing up the remaining fighters and ripping through the enemy transports with missles and proton torpedos. He then threw his fighter into a full thrust to the Jedi transport, landing on a dime as he burst through the ray shields that protected it. He then made his way to the bridge to speak with Life.

"I took out the remaining fighters, I remember them from the old days, they're relics. The real question is where did Revan get a fleet that big so quickly, even he doesn't have the resources for that." Gerrik said. "Something tells me Revan may have discovered some old toys." Gerrik said as he looked out at the streaking stars that went over the hull and viewport of the transport. He then looked back to the grandmaster. "When we get to Coruscant we should be prepard for an all out battle. It won't take Revan long to figure out where we're going, and he isn't affraid to attack us on home turf as was made clear by his recent attack on Ossus." he added crossing his arms and leaning against the cold metal wall of the bridge.

TAG: Life

17. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Cameron
    Shuttle

Cameron's maternal instincts were kicking into overdrive, looking after the Younglings as the shuttle they were on made it's escape. She glanced at the cockpit, hoping the pilot knew what he was doing.
    "Anyone know Battle Meditation?" she suggested. The blank looks she received made her wonder what she was thinking asking such a question. There were no weapons on the crate either, and making sure the children were safe was the only thing keeping the Jedi from taking over flight controls herself. She trained in flying shuttles when she first left the Order, although she never tried the actual fighters.
    Stuff it, Cameron thought, making her way to sit next to the pilot. At the very least she could navigate and communicate with the other Jedi.
    "Jamison," she radioed, "what's going on out there? Is everyone all right?"

Tag: all

18. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    IC: Nerix Arrani

Nerix landed smoothly in her spot, the only marks on her ship being that of blaster scoring.

"Perfect flight." She said with a slight smirk. She leaned back against the ship's side and closed her eyes, crossing her arms as she relaxed.

TAG: Any

19. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Arrix Naton

Arrix just barely got his ship into the hanger of one of the transports before it jumped to light speed. He jumped out of the ship and slumped to the floor. His head was bleeding from the pounding the enemy had given him. Arrix pulled his sleeve up to his forehead. He wiped the blood of his brow, the red stain plain as day on his sleeve. "Somebody help!" He yelled, feeling his energy disappear.

Tag: anyone who hears him call.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

There were lights. Really, really bright lights. Too bright. "Am I... dead?" Shin wondered aloud, moving his hands to cover his eyes from the harsh rays. "If so, being dead really sucks," he quipped sarcastically, sitting up. Wait, sitting up?

He looked around at his surroundings. He was on a bed, in a white room. An extremely well-lit white room. "A sickbay?" he wondered aloud, glancing down at himself. He didn't seem to be injured in any way. So what was he doing here?

Then it came back to him: The leaking engine, stalling in space, the incoming fighters... But wait. How did he wind up here? Try as he could, he couldn't remember anything after the incoming fighters.

Sighing, he climbed over the side of the bed, and checked himself in a nearby mirror. He was wearing his regular clothes, which was nice. It seemed he still had his pack, too. Maybe he'd just gotten exhausted and fallen asleep on the first bed he found? Somehow, that seemed unlikely.

Suddenly there was a lurch. A familiar lurch. "We've gone into hyperspace," he remarked, heading into the hallway. That meant he was probably on a transport of some sort. But which one? And where the heck was everybody? He continued down the hallway, looking for some kind of indication of some sort. At last he found something useful. The hanger, it seems, was just ahead.

[i]"Somebody help!"[/i]

Shin halted momentarily. That had come from the hangar- and furthermore, it sounded like...

He darted through the sliding door. A fellow Padawan, Arrix Naton (If he remembered correctly), was there, slumped over, looking at his sleeve. Bleeding.

"Arrix!" he cried out, heading for his fellow Padawan.

[b]TAG:[/b] Arrix Naton, others who heard him

[b]OOC EDIT[/b]: Slightly altered the "IC" entry because I used WAY TOO MANY ELLIPSES. It wasn't pretty.

21. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin walked along the corridors of the transport. Turing and soluting soldiers and secrurity here and there, Ryshin walked through a door to the bridge. In there he found several Jedi Younglings. "Hello Master Thraell." They all said at once."Hello younglings." Ryshin replied. Turning to the captain. "Captain, how long before we reach Courscant?" Ryshin asked. "About to hours."

22. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Arana Maru, Hangar, aboard Jedi Transport

The young woman was finally inside the Hangar on one of the Jedi Transport. She smiled, never feeling excited before. "That was some great flight!" she said. Suddenly, she heard a cry from the other end of the Hangar.

"Somebody help!"

Arana spotted one of the Padawans on the floor. She gasped. "Oh no! Arrix!" She ran to him, and placed a gentle hand on his Jedi Robes. She looked up when another fellow Jedi named Shin came.

"Is he gonna make it?" Arana asked worryingly.

Tag: Arrix Naton, Shin'aoba, others who heard Arrix

23. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    IC: Arrix Naton

Arrix tried to sit up. The blood came rushing into his head. His head started to become dreary. The last thing he saw before blacking out was people running towards him. His eyes went dark, and he passed out.

Tag: people in the hanger.

OOC: just a short post.

24. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Cameron
    Hanger

"Alright, all kids out of the pool," Cameron ordered once she helped guide their shuttle into the hanger. She led the Younglings out to a fellow Jedi who would lead them away, before she did a quick scan of her surroundings. There wasn't any sign of anyone to tell her what to do. No Vash, no Jedi Masters, no Council members. They were probably in discussion with the Republic commanders right now, looking at where they could find another staging area for this galactic cattle call against the Sith. Maybe she'd even see Shiro about...he disappeared when the Sith began hunting them in earnest, hanging up his lightsaber for good, so he said, in an effort to protect Cameron.
    Sweet of him, she thought, not sure if she meant it. Looking around again Cameron noticed a group of Jedi about began walking over.
    "Hey," she called out, thinking they would know what's going on, before she saw what happened. "Hey!" The Jedi broke into a sprint, "We need medical attention here!" She slid to a stop by the Jedi's side and was judging how wise it would be to move him.

Tag: all

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

[i]"Is he gonna make it?" Arana asked worryingly.[/i]

Shin looked at Arrix, a puzzled expression on his face, as though he were deep in thought. He kneeled down beside his fellow Padawan and applied a sort of make-shift bandage. "I... think so, based on what little medical knowledge I have. We aren't too far from the sick bay, so it'd just be a matter of getting him over there and hooked up to the proper equipment."

[i]"Hey! We need medical attention here!"[/i]

Shin glanced up to see an older woman, Knight Jamison if memory served (And, honestly, he was still a bit fuzzy, so it wasn't serving too well), heading in their direction before kneeling down beside them.

"Do you know anything about this sort of thing?" he asked the newcomer, as he noticed Arrix slip out of consciousness. "We aren't far from the medical center, so do you think we could move him?"

He glanced at the temporary patch-up he'd made. Or, to be more specific, he glanced at the blood that was beginning to seep through it. "Because whatever we do, I think we need to do it fast."

[b]TAG:[/b] Cameron, Arana, Arrix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.