main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Knights of The Old Republic Comic

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MaraSkywalkeriii, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraSkywalkeriii

MaraSkywalkeriii Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    Anyone read the new KOTOR comic released by Dark Horse?
    I just read it last night. I think I'm hooked.
    Zayne is so hot! A slightly shallow thing to say
    I know, but I can't help myself. Can't wait till the next
    installment.

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I have not seen KOTOR yet. But I plan to be at the Portland comic book show tomorrow, so I've check it out if I remember.

3. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Great new comic. Looking forward to see where this heads. Also heard of a new DH comic series taking place 100yrs after ROTJ, containing a new Skywalker and Sith.

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Dark Horse pleases me so much because the release those killer TPBs!

I've been borrowing them from the Library recently.

You know what would really rock? If Dark Horse released a large hard-cover book of their Clone Wars series!

-Kyle

5. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I just got the DVD of the Clone Wars (I & II). Are the comic books the same as what goes on in the animated series or are they in addition?

6. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I want to get the Clone Wars DVDs sooooo baaaaddd!! Before Christmas I saw the DVDs selling at Circut City for $5.95 each, but I didn't get them......STUPID !! Now I've been waiting to find a similar sale, but no luck so far. It's hard to pay full price when I had, and lost, the opportunity of getting them for so cheep.

I don't know if the comic books are the same, I haven't read the comic series yet.

7. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    That is a great price. They were on the sale table at Borders back in January, might be worth checking out in case they are still marked down.

8. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    The Clone Wars DVDs are completely different from the Clone Wars comics (and the novels, too). The comics are somewhat darker and I don't think the two ever cross over. I know that Dark Horse also came out with a Clone Wars Adventures series.
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/12/12982.jpg]

We picked up one of these during Free Comic Book Day. It was a cool issue with Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli. They don't rehash the cartoons from what I understand, which is good.

-Kyle

9. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Very cool. At the end of ROTS, I was wondering about all the things that must have gone on between Eps 2&3 and, not yet knowning about the Clone Wars series, comics, etc, wondering why we didnt get to see any of that. It will be nice to fill in some blanks. It should be especially interesting to see Anakin's character and his relationship with Obi-Wan.

10. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Clone Wars comics are seperate from the cartoons. As an EP3 tie-in, Master Quinlan Vos is mentioned in Obi-wan's briefing of the Outer Rim seiges.

11. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Quinlan Vos is one of my favorite Jedi, but I don't like the back-and-forthing from light to dark that's going on in the Clone Wars comics. :(

Since we're talking about SW comics, I just read Jedi Council: Acts of War. FREAKING AWESOME! I loved it. It had lots of Jedi action in it - lightsabers all over the place!

And on the flip side, I also read the General Grievous TPB. Yeesh - what a waste of time that was. It was really about one story and not that much happens. Boooooring.

-Kyle

12. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    If you dont want to collect the entire SW Comic collection, Dark Horse has a SW Comic Companion TB that has detailed info on most of their comics. From Classic SW to ROTS, and Tales of the Jedi to the Dark Empire Series and beyond. Pick it up for $20.

13. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Speaking of Knights Of The Old Republic...

I just started playing KOTOR II. I never played the first game though. I'm not used to this kind of game (is it Role Playing?) as I primarily play First Person Shooters....

Anyone have any experience points with this game? :p

-Kyle

14. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    I got both games for a good price on ebay. I really enjoyed the first KOTOR but havnt started the 2nd one yet (only because all my game time has been overtaken by Galaxies the past month). You might want to play the original first, since the 2nd is supposed to be set shortly after the completion of the first game. Probably not a big deal, I just tend to be OCD about series. There are some rumors about a 3rd installment in the works. Other then Call of Cthulhu and a little bit of D&D, KOTOR was the first RPG I played. It did take a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get past that I think you're going to love the game. There were funny moments in the original, challenging enemies, good characters and very cool game play enviroment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.