1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:QLD Knights of the old republic fans...we need your help!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi all. If you have played the PC/Xbox game "Knights of the old republic" you will know it's an awsome experience.

That said - Hasbro (yes, the company that makes star wars figures) has held a Fans choice vote and FIVE KOTOR characters have made the top 25 list here -

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare/TF20060313-tf.cfm

Now, i know most of you here don't collect star wars stuff but if you are a fan of KOTOR please go and vote for one of the five as it might be the only chance to see one of the characters made into a collectible.

Thanks[face_peace]
  2. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is like Sophies Choice...but with action figures :(

I had to go with Darth revan...because he/she is the most important character and he/she looks really cool too :D
  3. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn, tough choice.

I'm surprised Corran Horn doesn't have an action figure already.

I nearly voted for Kyle Katarn. He's my favourite EU character, but in the end, I chose Bastila Shan, if only for the blurb they had next to her.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  4. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    A toss up between Revan and Nihlus but I went with Nihlus because he's freakier looking.

If they release either figure, I'm definitely buying it!
  6. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    YES! [face_praying] I voted for her as well, she is getting lots of support....

(dosen't that go to show you which gender collects star wars more [face_mischief] )

Vote Bastlia!!!
  8. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
    Indeed and I know why you all vote for her... You sick puppies :p
  9. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    HK-47 all the way, meatbags! :D
  10. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    hey i may be sick and a puppy....um, what was the third thing you said?

[face_mischief]
  11. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    In a toss up between HK and Malek, I went with Malek - after all he was the original meatbag :)
  12. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to admit, I voted for Padme, in her funeral dress. with the floating coffin.

But I will also admit, I was so tempted to choose Bastila Shan, just from the description. I would have definately chosen her if she fought with two light sabers, instead of just the double bladed. Being ambidextrous is so much more of a talent.
  13. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    lol some of you evidently haven't played KOTOR :p silly people
    My money is that Bastila will get the most votes, for some reason guys seem to love her. Was it the posh accent?
    IMHO Bestila was a pain in the rear. Playing lightside was made very difficult by the fact that in that last battle I really wanted to smash her face it. Smashing her face in was darkside points though :p
  14. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_not_talking] some people aren't perfect[face_not_talking]

:p
  15. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do I sense a bit of jealousy there lozza ;)
  16. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
  17. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    No actually Marv it had a lot to do with all the self-righteous dialog. I've no doubt though you boys weren't listening to the dialog - your minds were most likely otherwise engaged.
  18. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, I didn't like Bastila very much. "Spoilt Jedi princess", as Canderous called her. I liked Juhani and Mission much more than Bastilla, if we're talking KotOR 1. And Visas in KotOR 2 was just fascinating, such an interesting character.
  19. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
  20. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    KOTOR2 was full of interesting characters, even though the game was buggy as hell, and parts of it incomprehensible. It had a male Bastila in "Disciple", what a himbo, but then you guys probably didn't have to put up with him - you got handmaiden instead.
  21. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bastila had dialogue?

Oh yeah i remember now!

Heh but yeah i agree that bastila was a bit of a bi@tch especially when you play as a chick

Gor some people, their minds werent the only things [face_skull]

In KOTOR2 Mira was my favourite character....not only was she a cutie but she was a great character, having her own ideas about her job [face_love]
  22. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
  23. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    Bastila bugged the crap out of me, as did Carth and his seif-righteousness... To be honest, I don't think I really liked any of my crew except HK-47, the Twilek girl (but not her Wookie) and the old Jedi (Bindu?).

24. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah, i liked mission.......couldn't stand carth. I liked when you were darkside and we came back from that temple with dark bastlia and she made you kill mission and big Z [face_devil] awsome[face_skull]
  25. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    God i hate carth! He was te token 'whiny character' that a star wars production has to have!

Agree with jolee being a great character, HK was hilarious, mission was cutesy, the rest were ok :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.