1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (19th-21st June), Perth (26th-28th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (27th-28th June), Brisbane (19th-20th September)

FF:QLD Knights of the old republic fans...we need your help!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Everyone hates Carth. :p Who else was on the crew? *Casts mind back* Canderous was pretty cool, HK-47 rocked, Jolee was fun. Mission was pretty cool in her own way, I liked her. Zalbaar was alright, but I got a bit sick of reading his subtitles after a while, especially on Kashyyk. I had a soft spot for Juhani, and who can't love T3, just like R2? Great cast.

As for number 2, let's see...

Visas was my favourite, followed by Kreia (I loathe the woman, but she was just such a fascinating and well written character). Some people seem to find Atton annoying, but I kind of liked him. The Disciple was alright, though I never much warmed to the handmaiden. G0T0 I barely spent any time with, so I know very little about. HK-47 was his usual awesome self, too bad about his subquest being cut. Bao-Dur was alright, though kind of bland. Mandalore *COUGH*Canderous*COUGH* was cool. Mira was alright, I never spent a whole lot of time with her, either. Hanharr was psychotic, and I never played Dark Side, so I never got him. I think that's everyone...

On the subject of KotOR 2, I think I owe it to everyone to post (just in case anyone doesn't know about it) to The Sith Lords Restoration Project, a mod that aims to restore as much of the cut content as possible. Lots of bug fixes, lots more subquests, including the much fabled missing HK-47 quest, with the hidden HK-50 factory. It's going to rock.
  2. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    What?? Carth was freakin' awesome! Sure, he was an absolute pain if you were trying to play a Darkside Character (especially on Taris...Why can't I mug and murder innocent people, dammit!) but he's tortured, and noble, and gets props for trying to speed draw on a Sith Lord.

And yeah, Bastila's appeal is really in the voice acting. I just love that accent... I put up with the Spoilt Jedi princess (she's only a Padawan! Ha!) just cos of that.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  3. MajorClod Jedi Knight

star 1
    Bastilla is hot, but she is a snobby bitch. Carth reminded me of cyclops, goody two shoes all the time. Mission pissed me off, she was like the Jubilee of KOTOR, her Wookie friend was okay but he barely spoke to you. Canderous was pretty cool as was Jolee, and HK-47 always cracked me up. Who else is there.... oh yeah, that half cat jedi chick, meh didn't have much interest in her.

In the end I voted for Kyle Katarn, I have quite a fondness for the Dark Forces series, terrible cutscene acting regardless (I'm pointing at you, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2!)

4. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aw, come on, don't tarnish my memories of the DF2 cutscenes! :p I loved that game! :p
  5. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    Silly cutscenes aside, Outcast and Jedi Academy were great!
    Good to hear about the mod :) there is so much that needs fixing and I would love to play the game again with all the bugs fixed and the missing content added.
  6. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, that mod's looking great. A large amount of the cut content is still on the game CDs, so it's just a matter of rewriting the scripts to put it back in.

Silly cutscenes aside, Outcast and Jedi Academy were great!

No, we're not talking about JO or JA, we're talking about the original Jedi Knight. Classic game.
  7. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    whats this mod you speak of:confused: [face_thinking]
  8. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The one I posted a link to on the previous page...
  9. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, sorry BBS:oops: didn't see the last post on the previous page and it turned out to be yours:p
  10. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heh. :p Yeah, check out that mod, anyone who loved KotOR 2 but cringed at how much content was left unfinished thanks to Lucasarts rushing Obsidian through it owes it to themselves to be waiting with bated breath for it to be released. They seem to be making excellent progress, looking at the thread that lists bugs adressed with each new build, so hopefully it will only be a few months till it comes out.
  11. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, looks cool...I'll have to get KotOR 2 on PC now that this is happening. Only have on 'The Box'[face_beatup]
  12. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If your X-Box has a mod chip and you can load games from the hard drive, then it is possible to run KotOR 1/2 mods.
  13. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    lol, yeah I know, but I have assurances from friends that the cut scenes in the original two Jedi Knight games were just as ridiculous as those I had to sit through in the later two.
  14. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Your friends were wrong, the JK ones were worse. :p Live-action low-res FMV, not in-game stuff like JO had. Think the original Command and Conquer, and you'll know just what I mean. :p
  15. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    I kinda liked them (for what they were) and the effects were pretty cool. They were much better than the FMVs in Rebel Assault 2.

And am I the only one that thought Jedi Academy was a load of crap? The cutscenes and acting were woeful!
  16. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know, I'm just joking, they were great at the time. They look cheesy and lame now, but like I said, so does C&C, and just remember how awesome we all thought those FMVs were at the time.

And yeah, Jedi Academy is not very good.
  17. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    You mean Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy? Like you said, BBN, it really should have been an expansion pack. As it is, it's tainted the memory and reputation of an excellent series.

It has a lot in common with Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike on the GameCube. Both are rushed, heavily flawed sequels to excellent games, but in aping the same formula, they contain just enough memorable moments to justify a play or two. I bought JA (sorry... DFII:JKII:JOII:JA) for $10, so I'm not fussed. $11-12 would have been too much.

As for this poll:

Part of me was tempted to vote for Willrow Hood, the obscure ESB extra. The reasons, I hope, are self-explanatory.

A slightly crueller part wanted to vote for Mara Jade, to annoy those who irrationally hate both her and Timothy Zahn because a throwaway comment by the character could possibly be interpreted as a dig at two other EU stories (which, bafflingly, most of them hate even more), if you squint and turn your head a bit.

The KotOR characters look great, but not being intimately familiar with the games yet, I gave them a miss.

I settled on Quinlan Vos. His poll description is scarily accurate - he really is the Wolverine of Star Wars. A scruffy, jaded, morally ambiguous, amnesiac warrior with superhuman powers and a dark and mysterious past. And he makes a mean potato salad.
  18. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, I never actually got to play the Jedi Academy game itself - my copy was *cough* a bit corrupted [face_whistling]

I did get to play on some of the multiplayer maps with a few friends though :) If that had been Quake Arena or UT, I would have died every few seconds in that game. Put a lightsabre (or two) in my hand and I pwn. If only Kymmie and Chael hadn't been doing dastardly things like sniping and filling rooms full of trip mines :p heheh

And I've only just this very day aquired KotOR (as someone mentioned, it's $20 at EB so I had no excuse). I want to play through it now, but I really should leave it til the weekend...

It's calling to meeee... baaaah.

(And I voted for HK-47, purely because of that VGCats comic xD - I wonder if he's as humourous in the game :p )
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=93
  19. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yes i like HK he is the man [face_laugh]

Aroused Bastila:

[image=http://www.andargor.com/kotor-fun/SleepinBastila2-1_Sm.jpg]
  20. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    HK-47 is the Anti-Threepio. His gallows humour was much appreciated. The biggest pity was that his best lines were cut from KOTOR II. You can find sound bites of them online though.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  21. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like a great guy :p hah Anti-Threepio aye? great ;)
    All the more tempted to play now..
    To hell with it, I think I shall.
  22. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    This thing all you guys have for Bastilla is really unnatural! [face_sick]

Do any of the ladies in these here forums have such feelings for male video game characters? Or female characters if you're so inclined?

I just need to know if it's a guy thing or not... ;)

Btw Morgan, that comic is great - thanks for the link. :D
  23. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    I admit I think there are some attractive cartoon characters out there, but I don't fantasize about said characters clad in next to nothing...

And I don't think I've come across a male game character that was worth drooling over... yet. Although I am still adamant that Warcraft nightelf chicks are damn sexy (such as the one adorning my desktop currently).

Chael bought me a nightelf action figure thingy ^_^ isn't she luvverly? heheh

not a problem =) VGCats pwns. ;)

edit:Come to think of it though, I did strip my night elf WoW chicky down to practically nothing and make her dance... o_O;; One day I shall learn that dance xD (when I aquire funds to play the blasted thing again >_>;; )
  24. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    When I was a kid, I had a thing for Cheetara in Thundercats. :)

morgan-aleghieri said: edit:Come to think of it though, I did strip my night elf WoW chicky down to practically nothing and make her dance... o_O;; One day I shall learn that dance xD (when I aquire funds to play the blasted thing again >_>;; )

:eek:
  25. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Hah I hear that ;) Although I think for me it was either Lion-O or that Tiger guy - Tigro? gawsh, can't remember. Lion-O was cool though xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.