main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Knights of the old republic fans...we need your help!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    And I voted for HK-47, purely because of that VGCats comic xD - I wonder if he's as humourous in the game

That VG Cats strip is brilliant, and is in fact a 100% spot-on portrayal of HK-47. :D

2. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah..it sure is - HK all over[face_skull]

3. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    You talking original original, not any of the expansions and extras that came later :eek:
    Yeah I'm old enough to remember that there once existed computers without graphics cards :s
    I remember 4bit, 8bit, and 16bit colour. I remember when my family got their first graphics card, I remember that it was only 32 MB of RAM :s I remember thinking bight and colourful 2D graphics were awesome.

Oh yeah, I like Jedi Academy. I don't pay too much attention to cutscenes. Has a lot to do with them generally (no matter the game) being bs. Mind you I only paid $8 each for Academy and Outcast, maybe those of you who bought for the RRP think differently though.

No. I know that games are just games. I don't drool over characters in them. Come to think of it though it might have a lot to do with the fact that they NEVER try to get a decent male voice actor to play the perspective "love" interests in any of the games. Carth, Atton - Jocks, Disciple - I think I've already mentioned that I wanted to kill him. *shrug* Like I said, it's a game, and pixelated characters just don't do it for me.

The male gymnasts on TV a few days ago are another matter :D

4. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Heheh yeah, so far there has been no pixellated male character done well enough to pique my interest.

I still maintain that nightelves are shmexy however.

5. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I have no interest in breeding.

6. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    and we thank the maker for that on a daily basis[face_praying]

7. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Well the original idea behind "sympathetic" (I think that's the nicest way of saying it) female characters is that, since gmaers are predominantely male, devs felt that if there were "sympathetic" female characters in the game, then the male players would do their best to protect them.

Maybe it's a crock of moneky snot, but this thinking was the "reason" behind Lara Croft in Tomb Raider (it had to be; I don't find hexagonal breasts attractive. Do you, lads?), and there have been some papers published on the subject from what I've heard.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Who can say. I still think the best female character in a game I've played is Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2. Smart, spunky, capable, she rocks. Most others I can take or leave, but it's very easy to engage with Alyx as a character. The only other one I can think of off-hand is Visas from KotOR 2, who I've mentioned before, and who just fascinated me as a character.

I have no interest in breeding.

Suit yourself.

9. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    i can xsee mysekf brreeding with bastila....half geek half jedi kiddies :D

10. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    bahahah geek/jedi children...

~pictures buck-toothed, hard-rimmed glasses child swinging around a lightsabre xD~

Of course, all our children shall be jedi anyway - or posess the same wish to be (if I have any say in it they will anyway ~plots her children's geekification...~) ;)

11. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    If I had to pick a favourite female video game character (I think this subject alone could be the start of a 'Poll Thread' ;) ), I'd choose Cortana from HALO: Super intelligent, great sense of humour and she's not real - even in the game!!!

12. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Who's voicing her in the movie? The same voice actress from the game?

13. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Bastila is a Mary Sue. Defeat the pazaak player in upper city Taris cantina then talk to the chick beside him and you'll get the creator's more realistic assessment of women. [face_coffee]

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Harsh. Very Harsh. But in my more misogynistic moments not entirely unfair either.

Personally, my favourite female characters are April from The Longest Journey, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil and Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever 1 & 2

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Ack! How could I have forgotten Jade?! What a wonderful game BGE is. And I'm afraid I must hang my head in shame and give up my 'Adventure Game Fan' merit badge because I've never played The Longest Journey... *Cringes in shame*

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    There's a lovely rumour doing the rounds that BG&E will be getting a sequel.

Personally I believe that'll happen about the same time Satan begins skating to work, but one can dream.

The Longest Journey was near impossible to get in this country, so forgetaboutit. You may be able to import a copy, as I know of some places online still selling it. If not, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    The BG+E sequel rumour's been around for quite a long time now. I don't expect to see it happen, but I'd be waiting in line if it ever did come out.

If not, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

Why, I'd much apreciate that. I'll swap you for Veronica Mars one of these days...

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    hokay - before I go on a suicide mission, I gotta ask - the big-ass rancor on taris. How do I get past/kill/subdue/fondue it? (mmm cheese)

And is it just me, or is the occasional pop-up subtitle thing saying, "oh, carth seems uneasy about something - talk to him!" or "mission seems distant, talk to her!" thingies kinda annoying?

Coz I know every time I click on them and talk to carth, he get's all emo on me and is like, "why do you ask so many questions, bizzatch? Maybe I dun wanna talk about my tragic past lalala"... grrrr...

I think i just suffer a rediculous complex where I don't actually want to upset the characters :p Whether or not this is because I am fearful it might eff up the game, or because I actually care what a pixellated NPC might happen to think is debatable...

But yes - the rancor. The RANCOR! xO I don't want it to consume my flesh nooooes.

19. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    There should be a body near to you and far from the Rancor - use your stealthiest character and mosy on over to that body just as you would to pillage other dead folk.

When you open up the option to take all the dead guy's stuff, there's an option to 'Give' as well. As any caring person would, you should give the dead guy a frag grenade or other explosive device for safe keeping.

It could hardly be construed as being your fault if the Rancor then ate the remains of the dead guy along with the C4 he was minding for you. ;)

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Aha - an excellent plan ~plots~
    but first - Lunch time! Then Rancor killing... bweheheh...

21. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Don't forget to give the corpse pile the rancor odor as well.

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Indeed, indeed - I did not forget.

Rancor defeated.

Me: 1
    Rancor: Nil
    yessss.

Bastilla "rescued".:rolleyes:
    My gawsh she is a bitch. Kinda makes me regret rescuing her in the first place.[face_frustrated]
    she may have a cool accent, but i think that also just makes her sound more of a bitch.

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Aww, you're still only on Taris.

You've got a wild ride ahead.

I've got to play these again. Still it amazes me, as great as the villains in KOTOR I & II are, they still aren't a patch on The Emperor.

Though the villain in II does come VERY close...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    "only" on Taris? Thats the longest level in the whole game :p Is knd of a pity what happen later, considering everything you go through though :p

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Yep, still on taris - although in my defence I only got the game the other day and only started playing at about.. 11 last night.

and gah! what happens later? Is something annoyingly terrible going to happen in this game that I do not currently know about that is going to make me kill the nearest person in my wrath??? :eek: I hope not. Blood is terrible to get out of anything lighter than black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.