1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (19th-21st June), Perth (26th-28th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (27th-28th June), Brisbane (19th-20th September)

FF:QLD Knights of the old republic fans...we need your help!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Luke_Sparkewalker, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm perfect cast for KOTOR:

Revan: Christian Bale
    Bastila: Kate Beckinsale
    Juhani: Linda Hardy
    HK-47: CG with original voice
    Carth: Bill Paxton
    Canderous: Ron Perlman
    Mission: Ellen Page
    Zaalbaar: dude who played Chewbacca
    T3-M4: Kenny Baker
    Jolee: Ron Glass as has been suggested
  2. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't agree so much with the casting of Revan; Christian Bale is great but what if (Spoiler) you played as a female character?
  3. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Hollywood Celebrity Casting:

Revan: Michelle Rodriguez
    Bastila: Charlize Theron
    Juhani: Salma Hayek
    HK-47: CG
    Carth: Ben Affleck
    Canderous: Arnold Schwarzeneggar
    Mission: Aessica Alba
    Zaalbaar: Eddie Murphy
    T3-M4: CG
    Jolee: Samuel L Jackson

"These mother ******** Sith have been in my forest too long!"
  4. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    I disagree with some of that casting...

Revan: Michelle Rodriguez
    Bastila: Kate Beckinsale (sexy and good voice)
    Juhani: Salma Hayek
    HK-47: CG
    Carth: (anyone but Ben Affleck or Bil Paxton... >_>;; )
    Canderous: (I don't quite think Arnold has the voice for this guy.)
    Mission: Jessica Alba
    Zaalbaar: Eddie Murphy
    T3-M4: CG
    Jolee: Samuel L Jackson

Other than that, I'm indifferent ;P heh
    Samuel L Jackson would be cool as Jolee, although would he be too recognisable as Mace Windu? And what about the voice of HK? He would be CG prolly, but he still needs to talk and be comical ~nodnod~
  5. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Marvin's post supposed to be a joke. Eddie Murphy as Zaalbaar??!? Meh.
  6. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    heh heh yeah that was the "over the top celebrity" casting :) I dont actually think most of those people would be good...Selma Hayek though might be!
  7. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    The problem with casting is getting the age right for the actors.

Kate Beckinsale is certainly appropriate vocally and in looks, but Bastila is somewhat younger; she's only a Padawan in KOTOR making her anywhere between 18-25. And given her discussions with Mission (who's 14-16 if I remember correctly) I'd lean towards her being 20 at the oldest. Someone like Emma Pierson from 'Hotel Babylon' might be more appropriate.

The only character whose age is public record is Carth's, and he's 38 at that point. Also he can afford to look a bit weathered. For some reason Bill Pullman comes into my mind for this character.

Sorry, this is something I've put a lot of thought into in the past, as I'd considered filming certain scenes from KOTOR for fanfilm purposes.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  8. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
    Summer Glau. ;)
  9. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Hah yes, I recognised it was a joke :p

I was wondering about Eddie Murphy as Zaalbar :p heh
  10. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Done and done. Take that, bad guys! ~swish of lightsabre~
    I feel marginally unfulfilled by this game ending...
    The whole, victory bit was kinda.. myeah. Oh so cheesey :oops: ah well, is all good. I have finally beaten a game before my brother ~waves victory flags~ (The fact that he has to get me to log in to my profile to play is irrelevant :p bahah)

Lunch time!
  11. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    lol I assume you did lightside :) Go back and do darkside to :D
    Yeah the ending is a little cheesy, very ANH, if it had voice over at the end.
  12. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh yeah, Lightside for life ;)
    edit: You know, now that I think about it, I'd probably have issues playing a dark side character... [face_thinking] I hate being mean to people so lightside is instinctive - so that includes being mean to my npcs :p /edit

I'll go back and do dark side after I'm done with studying for this semester methinks.. [face_thinking]

It is very ANH yeah - although it worked for ANH :p heh
  13. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, I thought the ANH-ish ending was cool, it suited things. Interestingly, KoTOR 2 has an ending that is a bit like ESB, in some ways. Though sadly, in its present state it will leave you a lot more unfulfilled than #1. But again I plug the mod that shall restore the glory Lucasarts stole from Obsidian by rushing them and forcing them to release an unfinished game... KotOR 2 is hands-down brilliant, some of the best writing I've ever seen in a game, but you might want to wait till that mod has been released before playing it. You'll have a much more satisfying experience.
  14. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    The thing that amazed me most about KOTOR II was simply how powerful the Exile was by the end of it. Increased level cap aside, by the time I got to the final levels, the character was *unstoppable*. He cut a bloody swath through the final enemies without breaking a sweat, as opposed to my character in KOTOR I, where the battle with Malak was an Epic Struggle.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  15. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I still had a small amount of trouble with the larger concentrations of goons in the academy 'maze', but in general, yeah, you're right. It gets kind of unavoidable with those kind of games. Give it enough time and you level high enough to crush everything. Unless enemy levels scale with you (like I hear Oblivion does), you're going to end up with the one man army situation in the end, regardless.
  16. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like the character I had in Fable - I was mucking around and exploring the world so much that by the time I came to the end of the game I was God-like! :D
  17. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    lol Darkside is something you really have to put your mind too. Just do all the opposite of the things you would normally do :) Never instinctively pick and answer. Oh and use force persuasion a lot, most of the time that will give you darkside too :D

EDIT: Oh and make sure you get the spiffy end-game armour from the computer room at the far end of the corridor before you go to the map room. Lightside stuff made you look like Ben from ANH, but the darkside stuff was excellent.

KOTOR II - how did you get so powerful, I mean my Exile was pretty spiffy by the end, but she still had a LITTLE bit of a challenge taking down Scion. Final final fight though was a bit of a let down. Oh and I didn't like that the lightside and darkside endings really weren't all that different in #2. *Shrug*
  18. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I found Dark Side in KOTOR very difficult, especially early on. Carth is practically tugging on your arm screaming "Stay good! Stay good!" on Taris. Kinda kills the mood for petty larceny and murder. And you can't leave him at home as you need him to cover your ass as you're weak enough for the low level street scum to pick you off.

How'd my Exile get so powerful? No idea. I played that middle of the road class... the balanced Fighter and Force User with Light Side Mastery. I'd walk into a room with five assorted Dark Side masters, throw them around like ragdolls then slice 'em up. Ridiculously powerful. What struck me as odd was that the Exile was the one who followed Revan. Yet he kicked ass a lot harder. Obviously Revan was the more charismatic one.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  19. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've heard rumblings of KOTOR 3....i will be screaming like a girl at her favourite popstars concert when I get that game!
  20. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Would you be able to specify exactly what type of girl you refer to Marv? :p

I am a girl, yet I do not scream, nor do I attend popstar concerts :p

I might however get a little over excited by seeing a very pretty remote control dalek at toys'r'us :eek:
  21. Grieyls Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Are you saying you missed the R2D2 that can fetch you a drink and bring it to you? Oh my did I so want that when I saw it :D
  22. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    how about, i will be as giddy as a school girl? :)
  23. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    hah no, I'd forgotten about that little artoo ;P

Though that also would be extremely cool :D
  24. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I guess that's alright ;P hah

Most school girls are of the giggly variety I suppose..
  25. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Marv, how about: 'I'll giggle like a Star Wars geek with a copy of KOTOR 3 in his hands'?

Or would that be too literal and missing the point for you? :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.