Chatt, TN Knights of the Old Republic II

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    JediSha... about the question of Revan and Carth...

I'm assuming that the plot line you played through had Revan and Carth as an item? Huh... I didn't think of that as when I played it through, I played Revan as a male and he had a relationship with Bastilla. Interesting.

But really... you played through the whole thing already!?! Wow... With all the sleepless nights you had playing it, do you even remember all of it? LOL.
  2. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    yeah, i do remember all of it. well, most of it. near as i could figure it out at least. but i still have tons of questions. seriously, i've had no life and no sleep this week.

oh yes, they were an item. there was great flirty-flirty going on from the very beginning. then he found out she was revan, got pissed, finally admitted he couldn't hate her and that he loved her. it was great.
  3. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    You are already finished with the game - that's amazing...
    Truly -
    I salute the almighty KOTOR 2 Gamemaster!

Thanks for the update - Mine will be here in February - I prefer the PC versions over X-Box/PS2 Games...
  4. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Amen, brotha. It's so much easier to patch a PC game and add content or mods, etc. I'm sure they all have their pros and cons, but I think I'll stick with the PC as well. My son wants SO bad to play a character with a lightsaber (a la Jedi Academy), but they don't have a game like that on the PS2. The closest he's come is Jedi Power Battles on the PSOne (which we played that one to death!). Maybe he'll get his wish when the Episode III game comes out.
  5. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    i was working on my 2nd time through but something happened and my x-box lost the game. you might have heard my scream on sunday.

so now i'm on my 3rd time through, which is okay cause there were things i wanted to do differently.

i decided to go to dantooine first just to pick up disciple, then head over to nar shadaa for mira, then onderon for mandalore. when onderon kicks me out halfway through i'll go back and finish dantooine, then finish onderon, and then to korriban.

there's a great great cut scene between atton and disciple if your pc is female. the jealousy is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

and what i said about character interaction, i enjoyed it more in kotor I but i finally figured out how to get interactions going in this one. you have to keep leaving and then entering the ship. if enough has happened or changed there are cut scenes with the characters you have on board. but it's a pain and i prefer being able to just go back and bug the characters individually each time you level up.
  6. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    you guys have GOT to read this:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=17775146&start=17784488

especially those playing kotor II currently. it's hysterical. it's true. it's disturbing.
  7. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    HA! That was great! I'll have to keep up with this thread.
  8. obivolkenobi Jedi Knight

Hey KOTOR experts, I need some more advice.

I'm on Tattooine. I need to buy HK-47 so I can do the "peaceful" version of dealing with the Sand People. Unfortunately, I don't have enough credits to buy him and after much trial and error, I realize I really, really stink at swoop racing and can't win at it to earn money.

I'm considering trying to find a cheat code for "infinite credits" or something because it's like I've hit a wall and can't go further.

Any suggestions?
  9. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I forget how much they're worth, but you can kill those Wriad things and sell the Wraid Plates at the hunting lodge place. For more credits, you can sell them at the Yavin base (so I'm told). You should really master the swoop racing, though. You'll gets lots of credits that way. Or... I suppose you might be interested in the "givecredits (number)" cheat below. I only say this because I'm playing as a dark side character and I would encourage cheating.

Here's some cheat codes you could try:

In your game folder, (i.e. C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR), edit swkotor.ini and under [Game Options] add EnableCheats=1 Then when playing press ' to bring down console and enter any of these cheats below:
    (number) = eg. 10 up to 999

heal
    settreatinjury (number)
    setcomputeruse (number)
    setdemolitions (number)
    setstealth (number)
    setawareness (number)
    setpersuade (number)
    setrepair (number)
    setsecurity (number)
    setstrength (number)
    setdexterity (number)
    setconstitution (number)
    setintelligence (number)
    setwisdom (number)
    setcharisma (number)
    addexp (number)
    turbo
    invulnerability
    restartminigame
    bright
    addlightside (number)
    adddarkside (number)
    revealmap
    givecredits (number)
    giveitem (item name)
    givemed
    giverepair
    givecomspikes
    givesitharmor (number)
    warp
    infiniteuses
    whereami
    addlevel (number)
    dancedancemalak

I'm not using any of these this time through, although I might mess with them on the next go-round. Hey... even us evil characters have some honor.
  10. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    I would suggest getting your butt out there on the dunes and killing everything that comes near--the big animals (which have skull plates you can sell in the hunter's club--not for much, but it all counts).
    I was never any good at the swoop either--that's the part my hubby would play for me. I just can't drive or fly in games very well. 8-}
    I'll try to keep thinking of where I got my insane amount of credits from, and if i think of anything, I'll be sure to let you know. ;)
    HK-47 is always my first thing to do when I go through the game dark b/c he and the mandolorian don't complain when I kill everyone. :D

oh--btw--are you playing on XBOX? i don't think there are any cheats for the XBOX version. :(
  11. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    there's a way to cheat at swoop racing on x-box.

what you do is hit the pause button quickly to pause and unpause the game. this takes you through the course in slow motion, allowing you to hit all the speed boosters and shift up the moment you get the red bar. it also helps you avoid hitting anything. it takes some getting used to, but soon you'll get used to the jerky motion and become a swoop racing champion.

you could also try playing pazaak if you're any good at it. and sell everything you have. you get to the end of the game and realize you didn't really need all 50 sets of armor because you never use them, so just sell it all. don't keep anything you don't absolutely need... (which i consider the things you're currently equipped with, adrenal shots, and grenades.)
  12. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Bah! I am the swoop master! It took me awhile the first time I played through, but this time? forgetaboutit! I'm just warming up so I can take Layren down when we finally play that Pod Racing tournament! mwahahaaaaa!

Ya'know... I didn't get HK-47 until after the whole Sand People thing. I couldn't afford him at the time and didn't really see the need. I ended up getting him for that reason you mentioned. He's a little different than Canderous, although I usually never have him and HK-47 together. I mostly have Bastilla and one of the other two. I like Carth and all, but I prefer to get on Bastilla's nerves. Carth is too easy to get riled up. hehehe.
  13. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you do the "peaceful" thing - Whatever you do do NOT look in any of the Sand Peoples Chest etc... after giving them the Evaps.... Geeeeezzzzzz I was just curious!

Then wham they attack!

Oh well, I'll learn to save more often!

I have tried to get by using the "TURBO" cheat only...
    Helps cover a lot of ground QUICKLY!

14. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    it was so much easier to just kill all the sand people and go through all their stuff. when i played light side and avoided all those trunks, it about killed me. I was so sure there was something priceless in them! lol

but yeah, aviod them if you are playing lightside, or you'll be forced into violence.

HK-47 gets so happy when i tell him to kill everyone! i avoid all my other characters except when i'm running (did you notice you have to run a lot from place to place?) to get somewhere--then i'll take out the other members bit by bit, talk to them to get the info, then switch back to Canderous and HK-47. I think they should have made the game where Canderous falls in love with you (if you're playing as a girl) if you go dark side. That could've compensated when Carth tells you off. *shrugs*

oh well, love is fleeting i guess. [face_laugh]
  15. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Kashyyyk was fun. I almost (repeat - almost) didn't want to do the things I did, but in the end, I had to stay in character. Poor Big Z... He's coming around. heh heh heh...
  16. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    One Week Away - KOTOR 2 For PC

See the drool?
  17. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    doesn't KOTOR2 come out today for PC? whose getting it? :D
  18. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    They did not get it in yesterday -
    Supposingly TODAY -

Arggghhhh

At least I'll get some money back - I pre-ordered it at $49 and they have it on sale for $42!

19. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    which means we won't be hearing from certain people for awhile.
  20. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll pick it up this weekend. Yeah, I'm sure my post count in the afternoons will be going down a bit. We're so far behind. We'll be all excited about stuff you've done a long time ago. You guys might have to replay it to remember what we're talking about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.