main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Knights of the Old Republic III: Shroud of Darkness

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Rev, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Knights of the Old Republic III:
    Shroud of Darkness

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c8/LudoVsSadow.jpg]

With The Old Republic MMO currently in development by Bioware, prospects look grim for ever getting a proper Knights of the Old Republic III single-player RPG. However, that hasn?t stopped me from trying to envision for the past four years possible story elements for what surely would have been an epic narrative.

In the original thread I started on this board I attempted to incorporate several of those ideas into a more original setting, specifically the distant future of the Star Wars galaxy. However, while I had a number of intriguing twists and revelations planned for the campaign, as a first time game master I made the mistake remaining so secretive on these points in the original post that it came off as generic and failed to garner any interest.

Not dismayed by my initial failure, I decided to examine several existing games in order to rework my own. While threads such as ?Cycle of Retribution,? ?Man Cubs,? and ?Clans? all had incredibly enticing premises (Almost prompting me to play one of them instead of creating my own), the game which easily impressed me the most was ?Episode VI: As Father and Son.? There was something about the appeal of reimagining familiar characters in a slightly alternate universe that made it both accessible and appealing, but the element which really inspired this thread was the presence of HK-47. I thought to myself, ?It would be cool to see something like this with all of the Knights of the Old Republic characters,? and then it hit me: the ideas that inspired ?Heretics of Antiquity? were inspired by KotOR III speculation; why not pursue my original intention for them?

[hl=black][color=yellow]The Premise[/color][/hl]

Six months after departing for the Unknown Regions, the Jedi General returned to known space, having failed in her mission to locate Revan. In the ten years since that time much has changed in the Galaxy.

Though the Exile attempted to rebuild the Jedi Order alongside Bastila following her return, when the attempted to pass on what they have learned they soon realized they possessed fundamentally different beliefs regarding the nature of the Force, causing them to abandon their endeavor. Those companions of the Exile who she trained in the Force have likewise developed their own philosophies and operated alone for the past several years.*

The Republic has also fractured. No longer does a single galactic government control the majority of civilized planets. Rather, isolated systems and small alliances are the norm. Some superpowers exist, such as the Corillian System, the Hutt Empire, the city-state of Coruscant, etc., but these are limited in their influence and keep one another in check.

Most recently, a mysterious stranger has contacted past associates of both Revan and the Exile, claiming to be a member of the GenoHaradan and possessing information regarding the fate of the former Dark Lord, instructing them to gather on the ancient Jedi homeworld of Tython if they wish to know the truth.

[hr]
    [hl=black][color=yellow]Rules[/color][/hl]

1) Only established expanded universe characters from the Knights of the Old Republic era will be allowed (Revan excluded). While this is not limited to companion characters from the games (individuals from the comic book series are perfectly acceptable), if you wish to play a character thought to be deceased (e.g. Calo Nord or Darth Malak), you

2. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Keep the character sheets coming.

One note of clarification, however: the "recent personal history" section is intended as a way for you to flesh out what your character has been doing for the past ten years. Don't worry about their canonical back story; other players can read up on that on Wookieepedia.

Also, the one character that needs to be in the game is the Jedi Exile. If no one decided to play as her, she will become a non-player character. If you do wish to play as her, however, include on your character sheet a physical description (or indicate which of these faces is the Exile's in our alternate universe) and possible first names ideas (your last name will be revealed later as the past of the Exile is further explored).

3. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    Approved

General Information
    Character: HK-47
    Personality: Bloodthirsty in the extreme. Highly sarcastic and, from a certain point of view, evil.

The rest is at least partially dependant on whoever is playing the Jedi Exile
    Recent personal history: I had planned for HK to be with Jedi Exile. If whoever claims the Exile is happy to have HK around then I?ll work with them for recent history. If they?d prefer not have the psychotic droid around then I?ll say he was ?let loose? into the galaxy and craft a separate backstory.

Current citizenship
    Name of Planet: N/A. Currently aboard Ebon Hawk (Pending Jedi Exile)

Type of Government: "Statement: HK-47 is ready to serve, master.
    HK-47 is bound by his programming to do as his master commands. Of course, if those commands do not include large amounts of gratuitous violence then HK is more than likely going to complain, loudly and at length, about the injustice of it all.

Relevant Policies: "Indeed, I am most eager to engage in some unadulterated violence. At your command, of course, master."
    HKs first reaction to any given situation tends to be some variation on ?Query: Can I kill it now, master??

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    GM APPROVED

General Information
    --Character (canonical, KotOR-era characters only): The Exile
    --Personality (what is your personal interpretation of the character?): Leaning towards the Darkside but continued doing the "right things" just in the wrong way. Can be a bit abrasive, but is still charismatic for the most part. Tends to jump into situations without completely thinking them through. Getting out of them can be a bit difficult as a result. During travel's aggressive tendencies and abrasiveness have only increased.
    --Recent personal history (what have they done since their last appearance?): Has been traveling mainly, and seeing what the galaxy holds after the spat with Bastila. Looked around in the unknown regions a bit as well, and only recently returned to known space. Has let the forces that be know where she was and as a result of that the message to meet on Tython found her. Curious she decided to take a look.

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet (canonical planets only): Technically a Corellian, but hasn't been back to the planet in years.
    --Type of Government: Confederacy
    --Relevant Policies: None really

Beliefs (Be thorough and creative in this section; the narrative focuses greatly on their unique understandings of the Force): Views the Force as something that you let guide you when it's feasible, and something you bend to your will when you need to. In short it's like an adviser that is also a servant that you can do whatever you want to with. Doesn't really see the Force in black and white (or Dark and Light), but more as something that you use how you need to when you need to. So if you need to heal someone you have that ability, or if you need to crush someone into a little ball you have that capacity.

Lightsaber
    --Hilt Style: Angled hilt, Fencing grip. Also has a Fencing emitter and and Adegan Focusing Lens.
    --Blade Color: Silver-Viridian
    --Power Crystal: Rubat/Sigil
    --Lightsaber Combat Form: Makashi and Juyo

Appearance: [image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Trimaj/nazprobabl.jpg]

Fanficfan: send me a message and we can sort stuff out if you want.

:snoopy

5. Hitman90

Hitman90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2005
    Character Sheets

General Information
    --Character (canonical, KotOR-era characters only): Atton Rand

--Personality (what is your personal interpretation of the character?): Sarcastic and cynical, has a tendency to be hot headed and has been known to become threatened easily. is very cocky and overly ambitious.

--Recent personal history (what have they done since their last appearance?):After destroying Malachor V with exile, they separated. Atton pursued a personal mission to establish an enclave on Nar Shadda. He has, since then, established a small band of followers who follow a modified set of Jedi ideals.

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet (canonical planets only): Nar Shadda
    --Type of Government: essentially run by the Hutts.
    --Relevant Policies: none

And for Jedi Characters?

Beliefs (Be thorough and creative in this section; the narrative focuses greatly on their unique understandings of the Force): Maintains a stable understanding of the Jedi ideals and principles, but has different views on things in terms of relationships between Jedi members. His ideals also stretch to taking action in times of threat, such as war or attack.

Lightsaber
    --Hilt Style: arbiter
    --Blade Color: blue
    --Power Crystal: Qixoni
    --Lightsaber Combat Form: Form V

6. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    APPROVED - again...
    C/S edited.

General Information
    --Character: HK-47
    --Personality: Bloodthirsty in the extreme. Highly sarcastic and, from a certain point of view, evil. HK-47 is however, bound by his programming to do as his master commands. Of course, if those commands do not include large amounts of gratuitous violence the HK is more than likely to complain, loudly and at length, about the injustice of it all.
    HKs first reaction to any given situations tends to be some variation on ?Query: Can I kill it now master??
    --Recent personal history: Has travelled with the Exile since her and Bastila went their separate ways. Their recent return to the galaxy at large was somewhat disappointing for the Assassin Droid. While the Republic (and even the Jedi) seem to have fractured, there are no significant conflicts for HK-47 to get his master involved in. Fortunately his master is something of a magnet for trouble, so there has been no shortage of annoying meatbags for HK to fry.

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet: N/A. Currently aboard the Exile?s ship.
    --Type of Government: N/A
    --Relevant Policies: N/A

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Oh yea, forgot a first name. What I'm gonna go with is Loriana.

:snoopy

8. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    --Character: Bastila Shan
    --Personality: While the insecurities of her earlier days are gone, some of her arrogance remains. Yet friendly and caring she can alos be cold and firm.
    --Recent personal history: After she found her peace with the fact Revan wouldn´t return she made every effort to reestablish the Jedi Order. Building a new Academy on Dantooine and accepting new students Bastila has now begun to train a new Generation of Jedi Knights and established a new council of Jedi.

[image=http://www.tesorierebros.com/concept%20per%20broswer/bastila-brow.jpg]

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet: Dantooine
    --Type of Government: Administator
    --Relevant Policies: Reformed after the war Dantooine keeps to itself, hoping to never again become the battleground of Jedi and Sith.

And for Jedi Characters?

Beliefs: One failure of the Jedi Order doesn´t make it a false idea. Bastila believes that the Order of old was good in it´s own ways, but needed some advancment. She also beliefs the force has chosen her to make these advancments and lead the Jedi into a new age.

Lightsaber
    --Hilt Style: Double-Blade
    --Blade Color: Golden
    --Power Crystal: Krayt Pearl
    --Lightsaber Combat Form: Juyo

9. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    GM Approved.

General Information
    --Character (canonical, KotOR-era characters only): Carth Onasi
    --Personality (what is your personal interpretation of the character?): Carth had three main traits. His loyalty was his greatest. He was loyal to the republic, his family, his friends, and himself. His second is his worse trait. He has a hard time trusting people. He has been betrayed enough times that he has a hard time trusting people again. And the third was his endurance. Through all the struggles Carth was able to endure, and survive. And become a better man for it.
    --Recent personal history (what have they done since their last appearance?): Since Carth's separation from Revan he has been promoted to Admiral, and has been working on restoring the republic.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/32/Carth.jpg]

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet (canonical planets only): Telos IV
    --Type of Government: Republic
    --Relevant Policies: Trust comes with Loyalty.

10. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Some have asked me what knowledge their characters possess concerning Revan prior to the start of the campaign.

For the purposes of this game, canonical information with be adhered to fairly closely (in fact, there will be only one minor contradiction to the information given one Revan's Wookieepedia page, which will be revealed in the first post of the actual game. As such, Revan will be a male. I have a name and appearance selected for him if the need arises, but until then I will allow it to remain ambiguous.

Other than that, all you need to know about Revan thus far is that following Malak's revelation as to his true identity, he rejected both his former persona as the Dark Lord as well as the artificial personality implanted in him by the Jedi Council. As a result, his true self from prior to his seduction on Malachor V reemerged, this time managing to stay true to the Light.

11. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Question: Wouldn't Carth and Bastila remember what he looks like?

12. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    I never said they wouldn't. If and when characters meet up with Revan once again, unless his appearance or name somehow impact the campaign, I might not necessarily draw attention to these details. The revelations as to his fate will be the far more pressing issue.

13. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    GM APPROVED

Character Sheet:

General Information

--Character: Mical "the Disciple"
    --Personality: A devout believer in the strength of beings' bonds and compassion, Mical has rooted himself firmly within the tenets of the Old Republic and the Jedi Order seeing hope in a time of darkness. Always a willing companion and a capable combatant, the Disciple has also developed an obsession with the restoration of the Republic.
    --Recent personal history: Since the fracturing of the galaxy, Mical was most pleased to see the Exile after her return from the Unknown Regions, despite her failure in the search for Revan. Being one of the Lost Jedi whom she instructed in the ways of the Force, he was eager to assist her in reconstructing the Jedi Order. Exile and Bastila's creation soon dissolved due to differences in philosophy, prompting Mical to pursue a more intimate role within what he considered the be the closest remnant of the Republic he once served after the splintering of the galaxy: Coruscant.

There he worked as a diplomat and agent of espionage for the government, while also helping the University of Coruscant in unearthing and cataloging age-old Force philosophy and artifacts on a range of different worlds. He also is one of the higher-ups in the Coruscant Bureau of Intelligence, the spiritual successor to the Senate Bureau of Intelligence from the old government. Within the CBI, he is a prime instructor of Force-aided fighting techniques and strategies, and has worked to develop a strong paramilitary arm of the Bureau which tackles problems wherever they arise.

After having been contacted by the supposed GenoHaradan operative, he has taken private transport to Tython to meet with the old retainers of Revan and the Exile.

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet: Coruscant
    --Type of Government: Constitutional Republic
    --Relevant Policies: Still a hub of trade and security in an increasingly dangerous galaxy, Coruscant is the seat of an defunct but ages old superpower. While many within the government are content for the city-state to help regulate the Core of the galaxy, some yearn for a return to the greatness that was the Old Republic.

And for Jedi Characters?

Beliefs: A firm believer that the original tenets of the Jedi Order are fundamentally flawed, he thinks that love and passion can be used positively by Jedi, if implemented correctly into a form which embraces the teachings of old.

Lightsaber

--Hilt Style: Carries both a single hilt of regular blade length and a single hilt short lightsaber. Both are chrome plated with black handgrips, with ornate electrum-plated designs.
    --Blade Color: Blue and Green, respectively.
    --Power Crystal: Corusca and Rubat, respectively.
    --Lightsaber Combat Form: Niman and Soresu

14. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    --Characters: Canderous Ordo, Mandalore the Preserver

--Personality: A silent but sardonic, world-weary traveler. Iron clad in following and upholding his beliefs in honor ever since meeting Revan. While somewhat open on the discussion on the proper code of a warrior, those who break the basic ideas of this code suffer his wrath.

--Recent personal history: Mandalore might not truly recover from the war they lost against the Republic, but Ordo has saved them from both self destruction and from external threats. In fact, while the rest of the Galaxy has fractured and factions wane in power, the Mandalorians have only grown in power.

Ordo?s decisions, while controversial, like limiting the length of time from which Mandalorians could spend away from the home world, and less expansionist policies such only conquering planets lost to them in the unfair treaties imposed on them after the end of the Mandalorian Wars, have proven themselves to be wise. At least to the majority of his subjects they are fair.

Recently alliances with former Republic members like the Corillian System and the city-state of Corusrant, as well as demanding a percentage of what any Mandalorian makes doing business abroad to rebuild the Mandalorians, have cost him most of his political capital. Futhermore, his decision to forbid any Mandalorian from doing business with the Hutt Empire after they failed to pay Mandalore on time for use of their mercenaries has lost him a large economic market to exploit.

Ordo, knowing the recent fall off the Republic was the thing Revan wanted least, has taken steps to protect the remnants of the Old Republic, and is one of many trying to help efforts in stabilizing and uniting the Galaxy after its fall. Knowing Mandalore will never fill that void, he has since become deeply intertwined with Corusrant and aiding it on the Galaxy wide political scene, believing it to be the only hope for a united Galaxy. His dedication needs to be no further looked at than his recent campaign, having defending Corusrant from Hutt backed raiders, with a small Mandalorian fleet under his direct command, having lost his right eye in the process, and his decision to sell Mandalorian Iron to them as well, after imposing a ban on the selling of it to foreign entities.

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet (canonical planets only): Mandalore
    --Type of Government: Meritocracy
    --Relevant Policies: War Profiteering, strict honor based law system similar to bushido, and Mandalorian Iron production

15. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    OoC: Our cast of characters

1) HK-47
    2) Loriana, the Jedi Exile
    3) Atton Rand
    4) Bastila Shan
    5) Carth Onasi
    6) Mical ?the Disciple?
    7) Canderous Ordo (Mandalor the Preserver)
    8) Juhani

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away?

STAR WARS
    Knights of the Old Republic III:
    Shroud of Darkness

Division has swept over the galaxy. The Galactic Republic has fractured and the few Jedi remaining are locked in bitter schism.

Revan, the one man who could reunite the Jedi, and in turn the Republic, has not been seen or heard from since his mission to seek out the True Sith in the Unknown Regions over ten years ago.

Now the past associates of Revan convene on the ancient Jedi homeworld of Tython, gathered together by a mysterious stranger who claims to know the true fate of the former Dark Lord?

IC: Mysterious Stranger, Tython

Only a handful of those he contacted had come, but among them some of Revan?s most loyal companions. If there was ever a group capable of carrying out such a vital task, this was it.

He peered out through the visor of his helmet, fully expecting the surprise on their faces as they gazed upon his Mandalorian armor.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/48/Mandalorian.JPG]

?First, allow me to apologize for my deceit: based on my message, most of you were expecting me to be Revan himself, no doubt. Sadly, this is not the case. My name is Ergeron. After the Mandalorian Wars I worked as a freelance mercenary on Manaan. It was there that I first met Revan, though I did not realize his true identity at the time. Still I knew he must have been a great warrior, even among the Jedi, for Canderous to be following him.

?Shortly before he left for the Unknown Regions he sought me out, revealing who he was, and gave me a task, just as he had for many of you. I was to reconstitute an ancient bounty hunters? guild known as the GenoHaradan. Revan had been deceived into dismantling its leadership during his hunt for the Star Maps, but was unable to take the reins himself due to his mission. Going off what information he gave me I began searching out its remaining members. Due to the high level of secrecy within the organization and the unusual command structure, I was able to convince most of its operatives that I was their new leader simply by virtue of knowing of the existence of the guild.

?That is how I came upon this outpost. Millennia ago it served as a communications station for the Jedi, from which they could monitor the entire Deep Core. When the Jedi abandoned Tython, however, the guild took over it, utilizing the facilities for espionage, in keeping with our mandate to preserve galactic stability through assassination and other subtle means.

?Shortly after establishing this base as the new headquarters of the GenoHaradan, a fellow Mandalorian whom I recruited into the guild alerted me to the presence of small amounts of exotic matter pulsating from the black hole at the galactic core in the form of radiations never before observed. This prompted me to search all the data that our instruments had recorded on the black hole. I found that to unusually large pulses had been recorded. The smaller of the two too

16. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    OoC: Quick clarification

One of the players asked who General Sunrider refers to. My apologies for not making that clear. My intent was to end the first post with an unexpected twist regarding the identity of a main character.

Her full name is General Loriana Sunrider, also known as the Jedi Exile. She was born in 3,986 BBY to mother Vima Sunrider. When Loriana was ten, Vima told Loriana of her lover, Ulic Qel-Droma, who died before Loriana was born. Later the Vima would be one of several masters to train Loriana in the ways of the Force before she left at age twenty-three the to follow Revan in the Mandalorian Wars.

17. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Jedi Master Bastila Shan
    Base, Tython

Listening to the mysterious Mandalorians words Bastila kept her awareness in the force up. Probing him for deception and lies. The Genohardan were not to be trusted, assassination dangerously close to the old practices of Darth Revan. She found it disturbing the man she had loved had send them to deal with his legacy. She also found it disturbing he hadn´t talked to her about it. There was a darkness in Revan, there had always been.

Looking up to Lorianna, called Sunrider by the Mandalorian, she wondered how smart it was to invite both of them. Their dispute about the path of the Jedi Order was well known. She did not trust her. And Lorianna returned these feelings, she was sure.

Bastila had stood next to Carth, while the Mandalorian had his say. She had greeted Ordo and HK-47 when he had entered, but hadn´t yet talked to them. Old comrades, but also allies of Lorianna these days.
    Carth still served the people of the galaxy, though. Her old friend and comrade gave her comfort. "Do you buy it? Another Sith Empire? From another galaxy?" She looked at Carth Onasi. The pilot was not strong in the force, but the most experienced warrior of those gathered, perhaps. Other than her Mical, the Disciple was present. A dangerous man. Experimenting with the same "Jedi-in-the-military" approach that had Revan once lead down the dark path. Also Atton Rand was present. Another of "the Exile´s" Jedi. So the favour was obvious towards the Exile. A woman basically claiming to be an associate of Revan. Without ever having met the true Revan. The one who had emerged from the war.

Yet, they would need to face the threat this man had proposed existed out there. And find out what it was truly about. "What do you say, Lorianna?" She asked out loud to the other Jedi. Differences aside, in the end of the day they were Jedi Knights.

Tag: Mister, Trimaj, Rev, All

18. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    OoC: I have to pack up my computer now, as I'm driving home from grad school tonight. I can't wait to read all your posts tomorrow though.

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC:oh, hai sirak. fancy meeting you here.;)

IC: General Loriana Sunrider. The Exile
    Ebon Hawk (unless GM has an issue with that), Orbit Tython

From orbit Tython looked just like any other planet that had a substantial amount of water and greenery. Staring at the planet before descent, Loriana knew things were going to change yet again. A change that would potentially throw the galaxy into turmoil yet again, and she had no clue what would be left coming out the other side. Sighing softly, she started taking the ship into the atmosphere, aiming at the coordinates supplied with the message that had been sent out. Despite the messenger claiming to know what had happened to Revan, she somehow doubted it was her former commander that was actually down on the planet. She would have felt him, of that the General was certain. But there were others present, others she had not seen in a decade. Absently she wondered what kind of reunion they were going to have. And there were those she did not know.

Several minutes later

Going through the post-flight checklist was a nice bit of normalcy in what was quickly going to become something of an unpleasant situation. Atton was out there, as was Micah, two men who had tried to woo her and neither of whom had succeeded. Loriana had used them, she knew that and she hadn't liked it then. She wondered if either of them realized that was what had happened after so many years, or if the situation would revert back to what had happened pre-Malachor. Suffice to say she was not looking forward to finding out.

Then there was Bastila. In a way Loriana could respect the other woman, having been captured and broken by Malak only to be redeemed by a Revan who was no longer the real Revan, and then having been his lover before he disappeared into the unknown. Bastila knew the darkness that they were fighting in a way far more intimate than she did, but in some ways that had also clouded her perceptions. Every time Loriana had tread near that path had been something that Bastila had called her on in not so subtle terms. It was for that reason that Loriana had been gallivanting through the unknown regions again searching for Revan and whatever other knowledge she could find. She had learned much from that journey, but somehow she knew that Bastila would not see changes. She wouldn't want to.

The only other presence she recognized was that of Canderous, who was a known quantity. Mando to the end, merc extraordinaire. Even though his people had helped her on Dxun and then later against Nihilus, she still did not like working with them. Emotional remnants and scars from the war were hard to overcome, especially some of the things she had seen and done. Especially Malachor.

Having completed the checklist, Loriana powered down the ship for the most part and flipped the intercom switch. "HK, meet me at the boarding ramp." It was time to go see what the future held.

Walking through the corridors, and into the circular room in the center of the Ebon Hawk the woman formerly known as the Exile thought about what had happened during the journey more than a decade previous. Try as she might, Loriana could still not excise the feelings of betrayal when Kreia had turned on them, nor could she remove the seed of hate and distrust that had been sewn in her heart from that day forward. That was a large part of why she had left those who had traveled with her to go searching for Revan, to get away from the galaxy and the need for trust and to relearn who she was after Kreia's teachings had warped her perceptions of reality. What she had found within had been extremely troubling, and would likely only continue to cause conflict as it had with Bastila when they had attempted to rebuild the Jedi.

Taking a left she reached the boarding ramp and looked at the reddish droid who stood there. HK-47 was the only companion she had had for nearly a decade, and was likely the only being in the galaxy she trusted despite the fact that he was an assassination droi

20. Hitman90

Apr 4, 2005
    IC: Atton Rand

Atton walked into the meeting area hoping to see her, eager to find Loriana Sunrider. It has been years since he has last seen her, since they separated after the destruction of Malachor V. He was worried that she would not recognize him. By this time his hair has grown to his shoulders, and a beard has settled in. As he looked anxiously around he discovered the presence of Mical. Seeing him here brings a wide variety of emotions, none of them befitting of a Jedi. He then saw some Revan's old companions. among these companions was Carth Onasi the champion of the republic, and Bastila the Master jedi knight. All in all a whole array of military and force sensitive strength was present in this place. He then saw the general. the woman who used him. he tilted his head to the side starring at her. At this point all of those feeling that He felt towards Mical had officially been transferred. he then flipped his hood over his head, and continued to walk over to a corner of the room.

the meeting began. the Mandalorian at the center, claimed to be part of some secret assassins guild. He also went on to claim that he has discovered Revan's location as well as the presence of an ancient Sith organization being behind the collapse of the republic.

On the exterior, this thought seemed preposterous, but the evidence given, as well as the lack of any other reasonable explanation made this more believable. After this assassin continued his explanation of a plot to enter this tear in the universe. the idea was not the problem Atton had, it was the people he was expected to work with. as far as Atton was concerned, he would not get fooled again.

TAG: all

21. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Mical
    Genoharadan Base, Tython

Mical stood silently throughout the length of the briefing by the Mandalorian, Ergeron. He, having never been associated personally with Revan, decided to observe the others in the wake of the mission statement. Certainly Loriana and Bastila were the first to speak, as they had been selected to lead the mission in the pursuit of the prodigal Jedi. They were the most suited to the task. However, as he mentally sifted through his knowledge of recent galactic history, something became obvious to him.

Holding up a gloved finger so as to insert himself into the conversation, he spoke, "Whatever darkness lurks beyond the horizon, my opinion is that the rescue of Revan should be one part of a dual objective. Throughout my studies of the New Sith invasion of the galaxy, one thing became certain: Revan's primary purpose was the strategic destabilization of the Republic, something he achieved well. I could say in a twitch of irony, the Jedi strike team which infiltrated his vessel and allowed his apprentice to usurp his Sith mantle, allowed a misguided Malak to loose far more destruction on the infrastructure of the galaxy than was Revan's original intention. The galaxy was to be strong, to be able to face the threat we are now speaking of. If a team is off going to find Revan, provided he still lives, we must make provisions to also strengthen a galaxy that, at present, is the weakest it has been since before the signing of the Galactic Constitution."

Atton definitely would think Mical was being a know-it-all, but he still looked to his peers, namely Carth Onasi, Canderous, and still-captivating Loriana, as they could strategically appreciate his suggestion.

TAG: TheManinBlack, Mister Master, Trimaj, Everyone Else

22. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    HK-47
    Tython

In the corner of the Ebon Hawk?s cargo bay stood what appeared to be a deactivated protocol droid. If a person had stopped for a moment to examine this droid they might have been surprised by its unusual, rusted colouration. Looking closer a person might notice the bulky construction, not so much plating as armour. And if that same person was still around after spotting the high powered blaster rifle gripped in the droid?s right hand then they?d probably be wishing they hadn?t seen the two blood red photoreceptors, because they meant that the droid was anything but deactivated.
    "HK, meet me at the boarding ramp."
    For a moment HK-47 allowed himself to imagine that something enjoyable would be awaiting them outside the ship. But only a moment, the odds were stacked rather highly against it.
    He arrived at the ramp well before his master and, to pass the time, activated his self-diagnostic. One by one every servomotor and actuator in the droid?s body twitched, of course the whole process took only seconds, giving the appearance of a shudder running through him. Then he ran the internal diagnostics.
    >> Checking Subroutines...
    >>> Vocabulator: OK
    >>> Translation: OK
    >>> Memory... Checking... Checking: OK
    >>> Sarcasm: OK
    >>> Meatbag: OK
    >>> Combat: OK
    >>> Pacifist Package: Offline
    >>> Assassination ...
    >>> Error > Assassination protocols not functioning
    > > >
    >> Self Diagnostic Complete
    >Status: 88% Readiness

If the droid were capable of the motion he would have narrowed his eyes, he settled for dimming his photoreceptors to half illumination. Despite his and the Exile?s best efforts they had been unable to reactivate his Assassination Protocols.
    ?Rhetorical Query: Who would have believed that a single meatbag with a pen could cause so much damage??
    Unfortunately he didn?t have the time to reflect on the death of that particular master as his current one arrived from the cockpit and activated the ramp mechanism.
    ?Let?s go see what mess we have to clean up this time,? she muttered.
    ?Observation: Past experience suggests we leave the mess master, cleaning it up is for lesser droids,? HK said as he followed Loriana into the ancient ruins.
    The union of the crews of the Ebon Hawk would not be a happy one HK could see. Not for the meatbags anyway. The unknown Mandalorian wanted Bastila and Loriana to co-lead a vague mission to hunt for Revan.
    The possibility of being reunited with his creator was a pleasing thought for HK, as was the idea the Revan could probably repair the damage to his Assassination Protocols. And the potential for finding meatbag that the master didn?t object to him killing was rather appealing...
    He was bound to follow the masters orders, he just hoped she would give the right one.

TAG: Any

23. Hitman90

Apr 4, 2005
    IC: Atton Rand

"Whatever darkness lurks beyond the horizon, my opinion is that the rescue of Revan should be one part of a dual objective. Throughout my studies of the New Sith invasion of the galaxy, one thing became certain: Revan's primary purpose was the strategic destabilization of the Republic, something he achieved well. I could say in a twitch of irony, the Jedi strike team which infiltrated his vessel and allowed his apprentice to usurp his Sith mantle, allowed a misguided Malak to loose far more destruction on the infrastructure of the galaxy than was Revan's original intention. The galaxy was to be strong, to be able to face the threat we are now speaking of. If a team is off going to find Revan, provided he still lives, we must make provisions to also strengthen a galaxy that, at present, is the weakest it has been since before the signing of the Galactic Constitution."

Atton listened to Mical, for the first time, with open ears. However Atton also believed that Mical was trying to boast his intelligence. His speech stunk of arrogance. Atton's lip Creased up, face was making a sort of snarl. He waited until Mical was finished, he then finally spoke up.

"Well Don't you think we have to question whether or not Revan wants to be rescued? I mean, he departs us to go on some sort of Sith crusade, are you sure he wants us there? Hell, for all we know he could be one of them, we might lead ourselves into a trap. Or maybe, just maybe, he does not want to be found. Quite possibly he could have easily have thought himself to be a threat to the so called "republic", exiling himself to prevent any more damage. Or perhaps i am just some idiot trying to make sense of this. all i am saying is that there may have been a number of reasons why he went there, but does necessarily want us there."

Atton felt that Mical would just disregard Atton's statement, thinking it was nonsense. However Atton hoped that the others would appreciate his point.

TAG: all

24. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    IC: Ergeron, Tython

Even as he listen intently to his account being questioned and courses of action being debated, in his mind Ergeron was engaged in a game of Dejarik worthy of a grand master, part of a technique taught to Mandalorian special forces during their campaign against the Republic. It was meant to guard against interrogation by the Jedi should a soldier find himself captured, and in the presence of so many Force-users he became keenly aware of several attempts now to probe his mind. But he would not allow the Jedi to become privy to the secrets of the GenoHaradan. It was unfortunate enough that the present situation warranted revealing the existence of the guild to even as few as were standing here.

?While you may not deem it of crucial importance, there is one matter which we shall attend to before all others: your payment to the guild in exchange for this information. But do not think this demand to be born of avarice. The guild has always sought substantial compensation, not for the profits, but in order to maintain every advantage against the enemies of galactic stability, that our mandate might continue to be fulfilled.

?But I do not ask for credits; rather, you shall hand over to us this most amazing Hunter/Killer droid. He represents the integration of the highest ideals of the GenoHaradan: cutting-edge weapons technology and highly-skilled assassins. I had witnessed this unit in battle with my own eyes once as he attacked Mandalore the Ultimate himself, and although the droid was bested in combat, his prowess was worthy of respect, even from Mandalorians.

?I think you will find this a most advantageous arrangement, HK. Not only do we possess the necessary skills to restore you assassination protocols, but we would also free you from the cumbersome restraints of ownership, even by us. You would finally be able to execute your programming as you see fit, answering to no master but yourself.?

Ergeron turned towards the rest. ?But this also furthers your agenda as well. As Mical has observed, your secondary objective of galactic reunification must not be neglected in your search for Revan. Towards that end, I am awarding you honorary membership in the guild, Canderous. You and HK will lead a second team that will remain in known space and take the necessary measures to strengthen the remnants of the Republic.

?They rest of you must decide which path you will pursue, whether you shall venture with the search party through the Tear or stay behind to restore this galaxy.?

Tag: All

OoC: I'm fine with the Exile being in possession of the Ebon Hawk.

25. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    *GM approved*

General Information
    --Character:- Juhani
    --Personality:- Juhani is a fierce woman who will do what it takes to complite a goal, and because of this fierceness is always having a hard time to control her emotions. She keeps to herself mostly and distrusts humans and mandalorians the most.
    --Recent personal history:- Juhani had gone off with Jolee Bindo who had agreed to help her with her training, because of this she had started on the long road of forgivness towards people, but during this time she meet a woman with whom she feel deeply in love and Jolee told her to go and be with this woman to be happy. They then left together moving around from planet to planet, she had given up her jedi ways until her lover was killed by a sith master in his attempt to turn her to the dark side again, she lashed out at him and had beat him in a duel, having him defencless and at his mercy, she then decided to leave him alive and tied him up and is taking him, on his old ship, to the jedi council.

Current citizenship
    --Name of Planet:- None on board a G-Type light shuttle she has taken from a dark jedi master who is bound inside this ship

Beliefs:- Juhani believes that upholding the image of the 'proper' jedi is more important than anything, with the exception of stopping the darkside from corrupting people. As such she try's to follow the code strictly as well as striving to do what is best for that situation. She is often seen as shortsighted by the jedi council because she doesn't think about the future of what will come from her actions, but she will just say that if all you do is worry about the future then you will lose the present.but mostly she believes in the battle between the darkside of the force and the lightside and stopping the darkside from taking control of the universe.

Lightsaber
    --Hilt Style:- I dont know what style of hilt this is but here is a picture: [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/56/Juhanicamoegf.jpg]
    --Blade Color:- Blue
    --Power Crystal:- N.A
    --Lightsaber Combat Form:- Juyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.