main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Knights Of the Old Republic III: The War Of Memories *On Hiatus for a very long time*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by yuna_kenobi, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuna_kenobi

yuna_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Title: KoTOR III: War of Memories
    Author(s): yuna_kenobi
    Timeframe: 4000 years preTPM, -ish
    Characters: Kotor I & II/OC
    Genre: Action, Angst, Adventure, Romance
    Keywords: Mandalorian Wars, Jedi Civil War, Fall of the Jedi Order
    Summary: When Revan set out to fight the True Sith empire alone, he never thought that a Mandalorian he had Killed Years ago would confront him, alive and well.
    Notes: Sixth Fic!!!!
    Rating: PG, might skirt along the edge of ?PG?

<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]

Revan looked around the alien world on which he stood. The Skies were blackened, and lightening ignited the pronounced amounts of methane in the atmosphere for miles and the soil was a black sand.

He walked through the courtyard in which he stood and wondered, ?Why would the Sith come here??

Grotesque statues and horrific tapestries were scattered on the walls and floor, bits of black obsidian everywhere. Crusted blood a thousand years old covered the walls, and Revan?s skin crawled from the prominence of the darkside.

There was no wind, and even the tiniest stone, made a loud clamor when disturbed. ?What manner of evil took place here,? he uttered, barely above a whisper.

As lightening flashed overhead he wondered, ?What manner of evil occurred here??

Bastila slowly followed Revan through the living hell that she saw. Then he stopped to look at a painting. It was of a woman, being consumed by some fire, and the agony was clear on her face.

Bastila cringed and wondered what kind of twisted person would create such a work. Revan swore under his breath and began to move on.

Bastila followed him through the courtyard, jagged statues of writing beasts and dieing people. She believed she would be sick to her stomach. Then a hiss came from in front of Revan. ?Go, no further Revan.? The only reason Bastila understood the noise was because the force told her the creature?s intent.

Revan hissed just as low, his voice like acid, ?Nihilus. You died on Dxun. Nearly eight years ago.?

?You didn?t kill me, you cursed me remember?? The hiss drove the warmth from Bastila?s blood. It was like poison entering her mind, threatening to destroy her.

?But you died again over Telos. I felt it.? Revan was afraid. His hand was trembling just like his voice, poised to grab his lightsaber in less than a moment. ?How did you survive??

The creature chuckled, Bastila couldn?t see from behind Revan. ?A lightsaber can?t kill me. So mundane a weapon isn?t a challenge to my vitality.?

?Then how will it die?? Bastila wondered. Then Revan collapsed. Bastila?s heart leapt into her throat, and then she saw the creature. It looked just like the being that the Exile had described aboard the Ravager.

-More To Come-

2. Tizzel

Tizzel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Interesting start. Keep me updated.

3. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    A very cool start to what should be a wonderful story. Please add me to the PM list. :)

4. Will_of_the_Sith

Will_of_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2006
    I like it so far. I always have hoped to see something with Nihilus done - hope you do well.

5. yuna_kenobi

Aug 1, 2006
    i'm sorry but it will be a while before part II comes:_|

6. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I hope that all is well. Take all the time you need. It's about quality, not frequency. :)

7. yuna_kenobi

Aug 1, 2006
    <>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]<>[]

As Malak stalked through the bowels of the Star Forge, occasionally a pair of eyes would peek out from the darkness. He knew they were the denizens of the blackness, children of the endless night. He knew too that they were powerful, and that they too were trapped. They, like him, wanted freedom. But they, unlike him, didn?t know that freedom was soon coming.

But, he was done with darkness. Four years had shown him his errors, he wanted a knew beginning. He no longer loved death and pain, murder and war. He looked out into space, and hoped he could see a brighter future than the blackness that surrounded him.

?Carth, stay with me,? Mission kept patting him on the cheek to keep him from going into shock. ?Carth you idiot, don?t you dare die on me!? She slapped him.

?Mission,? he moaned, blood spilling out of his mouth like a gentle brook. ?Tell Bastila, that Malak was right.? He gasped for air. Slowly, reluctant to die, his head lowered to the ground. And Mission sat there, wailing into the night, covered in blood that wasn?t her own.

?NO!?

Revan wheeled on Nihilus. ?What did you do to him?? he hissed. ?What did you do to Carth??

Nihilus didn?t turn or look up from his meditation. ?I didn?t kill him.? Carth, dead. It couldn?t be. ?I simply couldn?t restrain my Apprentice any longer.? A young woman walked in as if summoned by the Sith Lord?s words. She was striking, jet black hair and a dark robe as garb, and other than her gender and hair, she looked almost exactly like Carth. ?May I introduce,? Revan?s heart seemed to stop. ?Jaerr Onasi.?

?What did he mean?? Mission looked across a simple table at the Jedi temple and into Bastila?s eyes.

?When Malak held me captive, he said that Revan had wrought something so powerful and so evil during the Mandalorian Wars that even Revan couldn?t defeat it without my and his help. Up until last night I had thought of it merely as a recruiting maneuver, but it was true.? She looked out the window and into the endless city that was Corusant.

?So what are we going to do?? She set a blaster pistol on the table. ?Revan needs us and we are running out of time.?

?No, Revan needs me. There wont be a ?we.?? Mission tilted her head and cocked an eyebrow. ?He needs love more than any gun or lightsaber that you or the others can offer. Stay here and make sure Carth has his funeral.? Bastila didn?t stop looking into the sky through the window.

?So you?re saying that a night under the covers will help Revan?? Bastila glared at the blue Twi?lek. ?That?s what you implied.?

?No, Revan needs to know that someone cares enough for him to not do what he told us and go save his butt.?

?I can do that just as well as you.?

?You can?t use the force. And besides, you?re Carth?s second in command, or were. You?re a fleet admiral now.?

She wondered silently, ?Will Revan be alive when I find him??

-More To Come-

OOC: this is a long time for me, between posts i mean:D

8. Tizzel

Tizzel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Great update. I like it a lot.

9. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    This story is getting more and more interesting. Nice update. :)

10. Will_of_the_Sith

Will_of_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2006
    Oh Revan...always getting youself in trouble

nice update

11. yuna_kenobi

Aug 1, 2006
    OOC: interesting fact: all of these posts took up 23K on my computer [face_peace]

Also, to all who read this thread, thank you for your time.

It was dark, the Jedi temple was deserted, at least everyone was in bed at this hour. She crept through the halls, and tried to sense where the guards would go next. Several times she had to double back and go around and once she had to hide on the ceiling when four guards all intersected each other in the crossway she was in.

Eventually she got to the roof of the temple, and from there got an autobus to one of the seedier spaceports.

After a long ride on the autobus, stopping nearly every other second, she got off in one of the seediest parts of town. She walked quickly down the alleyways, and it was very surprising a woman of her, ?Looks? didn?t get mugged, or worse?

After a long walk, she arrived at a landing pad and handed a few credits to a small fuzzy green thing, who?s only outward signs of sentience were its jabbering that seemed to have a grammar structure and the fact that Bastila put several more credits into its hands/tentacles before the conversation ended.

?Oh, great Mission,? the blue Twi?lek though to herself. ?Everything good in the Galaxy is depending on you to help Bastila protect it from some science experiment/wackjob and you get lost from following at a barely discreet distance.? She kept ranting to herself and then noticed Bastila?s figure in the crowd once more.

For a moment Mission was skeptical, ?What are the odds??? But then Bastila pushed on through the throng and Mission was forced to abandon her speculation in pursuit of her target.

As Bastila seemed to try but just fail to evade her, Mission began to wonder, ?If she?s such a powerful Jedi, then she could have lost me, yet she didn?t. Either I?m a force sensitive or she wants me to follow her, both of which are impossibilities.?

Then Bastila wheeled on Mission, and a crimson blade of light pierced the blackness around them. ?You?re not Bastila?? Then she recognized the woman?s face. ?You?re Carth?s murderer! I saw you do it; I saw your face just long enough. You killed him.?

?No, no, my dear Twi?lek, my name is Jaerr Onasi.? She sneered in the light drizzle that fell on both of them. ?Ready to die??

Down in the bowels of the Secret Academy on Telos, a young Handmaiden teaches young Padawans of the force, and the Exile who transcended every hardship to save that which he loved.

For four years she taught. She looks to the sky, every night hoping that she could possibly see where the Exile had gone.

On one such night, she was looking into the sky when a hand took hold of her shoulder. She turned and it wasn?t a padawan that had disturbed her reverie. ?Atris,? she breathed softly.

?Listen quickly, there isn?t much time, you must go to the system where the Star Forge rests, there you will meet Bastila Shan, and the others selected to fight this threat from since Revan?s redemption.?

Handmaiden cocked her head to the side. ?Where is this system? Who will watch over the academy after I?m gone??

Atris looked slightly annoyed, ?The first: I?ve programmed the coordinates into your ship and I?ll be seeing to the second personally.?

-More To Come-

12. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I kept hearing creepy music in my head as I read this update, especially:

"No, no, my dear Twi'lek, my name is Jaerr Onasi." She sneered in the light drizzle that fell on both of them. "Ready to die?"

Down in the bowels of the Secret Academy on Telos, a young Handmaiden teaches young Padawans of the force, and the Exile who transcended every hardship to save that which he loved.

Beautifully written. :)

Please add me to the PM list if you have one going.

13. yuna_kenobi

Aug 1, 2006
    sorry, i've run into writers block so i wont be posting on this for a while

but all of you who are on the PM list will be notified when i come back to it (which i have every intention of doing this time):D

14. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    Very interesting. =D=

Please, send me a PM when you update. :)

15. yuna_kenobi

Aug 1, 2006
    i regret to say it, but i will not be able to continue facfic for a very long while...

anyone who wants can continue the story, or you can wait until i have time, sorry:_|

16. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    Very good story. :) I would like to read more I'm sorry you won't be able to update. :(

17. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    This looks really good. Can you PM me when this comes out of hiatus?

18. MandoJedi

MandoJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2007
    Good fic. :) I like seeing all KOTOR chacaters. Any chance to see much more of Canderous soon?

19. w-righter

w-righter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    Great story. =D= Nice beginning to the ending of KOTOR series. ;) I do hope you will write more. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.