Knights of the Old Republic is WICKED AWESOME

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by Jacen_Solo81, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got home about 10:00 p. m. last night and played KOTOR till 4:30 in the morning! It is hands down the best Star Wars game I have ever played!

EDIT-It's going to be tuff for you guys to hear this but...It's worth it to buy the X-box for this game.
  2. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Or i'll just wait and play it on PC... no game is worth buying an X-Box.
  3. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It cannot possibly be better than X-Wing or Tie Fighter. I just refuse to believe it. I did consider this to be the XBox break out title for me. But, like Mike, I'll just wait for the PC version. It's sad that it took the XBox 20 months to finally have a killer app. Sad, sad, sad.

Yeah, I'm a Nintendo Fanboy, what of it?
  4. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sony, Nintendo and PC all the way!
  5. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I did the unthinkable. I gave in to the temptation. CompUSA had a pretty good deal going on so I was able to get the system, KotOR, Morrowind 3, 2 extra controllers, an extension cable, a demo disc and a 25-pack of CD-Rs :confused: for right at $250. Have to stop off on the way home tonight and pick up a digital audio adapter for it to use the DD signal before I play. :mad: Stupid adapters. Anyway, I just figured there's some other games coming that I might need to get for the old XBox, like Republic Commando, Jedi Academy, Doom 3, etc. I just can't keep upgrading the PC to do all that. I hope this game is everything it is hyped to be (even though it CAN'T be better than X-Wing or Tie Fighter... :) )

I think I'm going to have to definately get an IGN insider account to check out all the head-to-head comparisons now... Speaking of which, Billy, which version of NCAA '04 does IGN recommend?

BTW, anybody got a Live account?
  6. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    Their NCAA '04 overall winner was the PS2, but that was mainly due to the online capability, as the 2 other console versions don't have it. If you don't have a network adapter or don't play it online, then they recommend the XBox, as it's the prettiest version.
  7. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. I think I'd rather have 4-player in house capability than online anyway. Now, I just have to play with the XBox enough to know if I like its controller better than the Cube's.

Oh, and in case you didn't know or pick it up by now, I am very weak-willed.
  8. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
  9. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    KOTOR sold 250,000 copies in 4 days setting a record for a XBox title!
  10. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Shoulda bought stock... I'm sure, like me, many people are picking up the consoles too.
  11. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just got my PC version. I will let you all know how wicked awesome I think it is after I play it for like ten hours!!!!!!!!! :D
  12. banditajs Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tell us all about it. I have to wait until Monday to get my PC version. :mad:
  13. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do you really think I'll make her wait? :D
    I'm not that honary am I? :D

Depending on your reviews ... I may have to "test" the disc before I wrap it up for her.
    I'll of course let her know how well it works.
  14. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now that I have been playing it for a few hours I must say........that it is WICKED AWESOME! This is my first RPG game like this to play on the computer so I am still getting used to the controls but wow what a game. I just died so I quit for the night but I am looking forward to playing all day tomorrow when I am not "working".

Russ, I have to say that you might want to play a little before you give it to Amanda. Otherwise you may have to wait to play until she's beat it.

This is definately a must get if you don't have an XBox and have a 1GHz computer with 4.0 GB of free hard drive. This game is massive and well worth it. The worlds are sharp and so are the characters.

I give it a 15 out of 10! :D
  15. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    sheesh, between Star Wars Galaxies and Final Fantasy XI... now i gotta go and get ANOTHER RPG! ugggggggggggggg!
  16. Maumi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, between Star Wars Galaries and Final Fantasy, I only see Mike for a second here or there. But with another game coming out, I guess I won't even realize there is a good looking man in the house with me, because I will never see him!!!
  17. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, Amanda all ready threatened to not go back to work if we get Galaxies - I'm concerned about KOTOR.
    If I start them, I never sleep - so I have to be careful.
    We'll find out tomorrow when I TEST her present(s).
  18. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I let her open it early :) and FINALLY got it to work. (It does not like the dual monitors!) and it wants even more computer, but it runs fine on what we have.

We TESTED it on my machine - I made her watch :D
    OK - Just joking - it was running on her machine first and she got to play it for a while on Sunday.

The graphics are awesome! I'm still trying to figure out how to control the movements a little smoother, but we'll get it.
    I don't really like playing a game with the mouse like that. But Amanda seems to have it down.
    I'm sure I'll see much less of her now that the game is running :(

19. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    One thing i've heard that can help with the controls is getting a PC gamepad. After all it was made for a consule and you can do everything just as easy with a gamepad as the keyboard.
  20. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I reccomend the Gravis Exterminator game pad. I have an older version of it and it still rocks hehe
  21. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll dust off my MickeySoft Sidewinder and give it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.