main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends ::Knights of the Old Republic:: Multi-Authored Story::Bastila in Trouble:: Update 8/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tangled_sphere, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Title: Knights Of The Old Republic
    Authors:Keeper_of_Swords, tangled_sphere, Stormtrooper_Shrink, Jubei_Bint_Azi, The_Dark_Lord_Revan
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Characters: Revan, Malak, Carth, Bastila, Niol, OCs.
    Genre: Adventure/Angst
    Disclaimer: *Spoilers* present for Knights of the Old Republic. This is a work of fan fiction. No money is being made, just lots of fun. Thank you George and all your writers for creating such a wonderful universe for us to play in.

Thanks for clicking! ;)

This has been a joint project and I started out not knowing anything about Knights of the Old Republic and I still to this day have never played the game. But when Keeper of Swords gave me a basic outline of the story and characters, I was fascinated by their potential and a great storyline.

We've already made the basic outline (You don't know how difficult that is with so many people!) If you are interested in joining us, feel free! The thread is here:Knights of the Old Republic

We aren't at this point going to change the basic plot but we are free to roam within it. Soon we are going to be done with the section of Taris, so now would be a good time to start brainstorming with us for the next section.

What we have been doing, and I think works very well is to each write a section in turn. The other authors make suggestions (which have been very helpful!) We do all this planning in the above thread.

Thanks Keeper of Swords for making magic out of the chaos!

The following authors have contributed so far to the story:

Keeper_of_Swords, tangled_sphere, Stormtrooper_Shrink, Jubei_Bint_Azi, The_Dark_Lord_Revan (This may be added on) ;)

And these people gave some useful opinions about plot-points:

Alixen, Daeana, Obi-wan21, Vivid_Scripts.

Thanks to all of you! And now....

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far, Far, Away...

*Knights of the Old Republic*

How can something so right, go so wrong?

In the times of the Old Republic when the Jedi kept order and peace throughout the galaxy, a new threat arose.

Complete devastation filled the land with black smoke, the remnants of a brutal concussion grenade. Revan looked in disgust at what had been done to this world.

The Jedi Council and Senate had asked him to come to witness what had happened to the people on Serrion II. It was horrible.

Revan watched as his fellow Jedi, Malak looked up at the sky. The only thing not touched by devastation.

The only survivor they could find was a young Serrion girl who appeared dazed and confused. Cuts that ran down her arms were easily healed by the Medi-Unit but Revan knew she had scars than ran far more deeply ? wounds that would never mend. ?Mandalorians,? he exhaled.

This was the second world they had raided with ferociousness unequalled in all the years of the Republic. Revan watched the young girl in front of him and vowed to track these savages down and bring them to justice.

The Mandalorians continued making quick raids upon several planets, heading back to space after their slaughter and plunder.

Discussions were held in the Senate, and it was decided that Republic soldiers should hunt down the Mandalorian. The results of these missions were fruitless.

The Mandalorians were good navigators, and their ships fast vehicles. They managed to slip out of the Republic?s grasp, heading back to space after their attacks.

Revan was a young and ambitious Jedi. Together with Malak, he rallied other Knights to confront this threat. They would find that the task ahead would not be easy. But the Jedi were determined to stop the Mandalorians.

Revan and Malak were very influential with the other young knights and they were pleased to see that many came passionately to follow.

They left the Jedi enclave on Dantooine, vowing not to return until they had tracked down each Mandalorian spa

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhhhh *shiver* great beginning!! :D :D Loved the lil bit:

Folk know little of the madness that took Revan and the other Knights in the vast unknown territories.

What happened next would stun an entire galaxy.

Revan and Malak, two of the bravest Jedi of the Order had declared themselves Dark Lords of the Sith.

That sent shivers down my spine. Great! Can't wait for more! :D

3. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    Man this is friggin awsome. Keepo er commin cause this is pro. Great job on all your parts...

4. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    *applause* Everyone, let it be known that I did but one single segment of this entire work so far. Shower the confetti onto KoS and t_s especially - they worked super hard on this fantastic story. :)

*feeling very proud that the story is up, but feeling very guilty as well*

Great job, guys. *hugs*

5. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Wow excellent job. =D=

I loved this part:

No one knew were they where, but some Jedi said that they were seen last close to the unexplored region of space.

Folk know little of the madness that took Revan and the other Knights in the vast unknown territories.

What happened next would stun an entire galaxy.

Revan and Malak, two of the bravest Jedi of the Order had declared themselves Dark Lords of the Sith.

The onslaught came slowly but soon reached deep into the heart of the Republic as planet after planet was conquered. Many marvelled at the sudden insurgence of Sith warriors all claiming undying allegiance to Revan.

The galaxy shook under this new terror.

The invasion continued.

Nothing would ever be the same again...

I cant wait for more.

6. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Thanks for reading Kynstar, Viceroy_Wagar and Senator_Leia73! :)

7. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    My pleasure. When can we expect another update, guy?

8. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

tangled_sphere will post the next section. It's already written so I guess it'll be up soon.

9. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Hey there Kyn! Thanks for stopping by! [:D]

Viceroy Wager Thanks for reading! I'll try to start posting more frequently. ;)

Stormie Let it be known that you have helped us so much with this story! Thanks for the writing and the awesome beta reading! [:D]

Senator Leia Glad you liked it! :) Revan and Malak are such interesting characters. I think they are the ones that first got me interested. Thanks again!

*Smiles at her co-writer Keeper of Swords* "I'm working on it!!! I'm posting!!!" ;)

10. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Disclaimer: *Spoilers present for Knights of the Old Republic*

And now back to our story...

A struggle for survival...

PART 1

In the great expanse of space, one death is barely noticed. Bastila Shan looked out the port screen of her small fighter. The small squadron seemed pitifully small compared to the broad expanse of stars beckoning to her.

She stretched her fingers nervously as she took control of the handles and prepared for hyperspace. She had done drills before, but this was the real thing. They were at war and now she would be in the midst of it. Trying to relax, she remembered her Master's words, "Listen to the Force Bastila, it will guide your hands in battle as well as in life."

Killing was not something she wanted to do. When she had become a Jedi Knight she had wanted to be a peacekeeper. The Mandalorians had changed all that. Bastila acknowledged the command to begin the jump and started up her engines to full idle.

The Mandalorians had wiped out entire planets and they had been soundly defeated, only to make an opponent that was nightmarish. A Jedi turned Sith. Bastila shuddered as she thought of Revan, who had once been one of her heroes in the war.

?How could he become a darksider and work against everything they had struggled so hard for? Now only power mattered to him.?

So many lives were now at stake to fight his gaining control over the Republic. Bastila took a deep breath letting her anxieties wash away as space turned into a vast wave of light. She headed for her destiny...

"Sky IV are you in position?" Bastila looked up as her comm exploded with the sound of a gruff voice. Simultaneously, the hyperspace blur came somberly to a stop as stars came ominously back into view.

"Copy, Sky leader. I'm ready." She looked grimly out of her port screen as they approached the world below.

Talson VI had been recently attacked by Revan's hoards. Hopefully this would be the last. Bastila put her tracking screen up in preparation and readied herself for battle.

Bastila let out an involuntary gasp as two of Revan's Star Devastator's, loomed over the horizon of the planet coming with a slow finality to face them.

"Stay sharp, their fighters are coming." Bastila's comm crackled again, a hint of stress evident in her commander's voice as the Motherships opened their decks like strange insects revealing their young. Fighters came out of every orifice to challenge the oncoming ships.

Master Vendar looked out of the Republic Cruiser partly in fascination as the battle began. A diminutive green alien, with pointed ears and large eyes, Vendar was one of the wisest Jedi in the Order.

?So many lives would be lost in such a short time,? he thought as he watched the larger of the spaceships that had just crested the planet.

The unmistakable presence could be felt: Revan. A strange emotion washed over him. Vendar analysed it. What was it? It wasn't hate. It was pity. Pity that someone so strong with the Force could fall so completely. The padawan learner he knew wasn?t the Sith that so mercilessly plundered worlds.

He must be stopped. Vendar had told no one, but in all honesty felt some responsibility for Revan and Malak's fall. He had trained Revan, had been his Master and a second father and now...Now the darkness had destroyed everything Revan once was. He must make right what was wrong. Revan must not be left alive. It had to end here. Today.

Vendar turned to Carth Onasi, a Republic Captain who though quite young, had fought in many battles.

?Lead a squad of Republic fighters,? Vendar told him. ?The Knights need all the help they can get.?

Carth nodded in acknowledgment. ?At once, Master Jedi,? He signalled to a few pilots to follow him as he raced towards the main hanger.

They got into their starships, and flew out into space, towards the battle ahead of them.

Darth Revan, Lord of the Sith, looked out of his Star Devastator as his warriors began to attack. He felt a sense of pride that th

11. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    AHHH it's a cliffy! Oh wow this is so good. Great discriptions of the battle.

The Force streamed through the fighters and she could sense her enemy's minds through her own. It did not take her by surprise, it simply was. She slowly melded a thought to send to the enemy. A thought that could not be ignored. A shape to the reality of war that altered it to her advantage. She formed the picture of a thousand Republic fighters coming up to the rear of Revan's fighters and out flanking them.

Bastila watched in fascination as the Sith fighters began to panic and half turned to face this phantom fleet. "What the?" her comm was static with surprised remarks from her crew. More and more Sith fighters were being picked off as they shot at phantom fighters that were not there.

The young Jedi?s powers were indeed great. Republic and Jedi pilots were astonished by this sudden good fortune that they encountered. They flew steadily with full velocity, surrounding the confused Sith, and destroying their ships.

That was an awesome part with Bastila useing her battle meditation.

Bastila's voice brought him out of his reverie. ?Come on,? Bastila said, ?We have to find Revan and Malak!?

?That won?t be necessary,? an icy voice from outside said. ?We have been expecting you.?

Bastila and Revan were frozen in place, and time seemed to slow immeasurably.

Bastila's breath seemed lost as she saw Revan step into the hangar. She had heard so much about him and now, here he was before her. She could not speak.

Revan grinned as he watched the two motionless Jedi before him and signalled to Malak, who appeared behind him.

I wonder what all went through Bastila's head when she saw Revan for the first time.

I can't wait for more. Even though I have played the game several times and I know what happens I can't wait until you all post again so I can see what happens.
    The unmistakable hum of electricity echoed off the walls, as two red blades were ignited.

12. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Wooaahh cool. Pure genius. I dont really read fan fiction, but I finally bought a Star Wars video game (Kotor) so I wanted to read this cause I thought it'd be like the game, and its turnin out awsome...

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    :eek: WOWZERS!! Great combat descriptions!!!
    hehehehe loved this!
    ?Hate may lead to the Dark Side, but I?m no Jedi,? he thought as he saw the Mothership of the Enemy sparkle with lots of small lights running in lines ?I want my revenge.?

hehehe how so true if ya not a Jedi! ;)

Ohhhhh ack... cliffy! And I'm gonna be gone for 4 days... Evil t_s! hehehe

Great work! I've got the game too... but my PC can't handle it *sigh* oh well... guess I gotta save up $ to upgrade my computer so I can play it! hehehehe

Excellent work!!

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Senator Leia Thanks! :) This last part KOS and I did half and half. Glad you liked! I need to get the next section up!!! I will do it this morning.

Viceroy Wagar Glad you're likin it! :D More battle scenes coming up!

Hey Kyn! KOS does a great job with Carth, doesn't he? ;) Hope you had a great time at the convention! I've looked at KOTOR in the store, but I can't spend the money right now. I'm becoming attached to these characters. :)

15. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    The Battle Deepens...

Carth Onasi was flying towards the core of the other Devastator. He wound his way through a narrow tunnel, avoiding piles of heavy machinery and large power cables which were in his way.

Two Sith Fighters appeared behind him. However, the tunnel was too narrow for them to fly parallel to each other. They directed red laser at the invader.

Carth hovered up and down to avoid the shots, still careful not to bump into a wall or any other obstacle that lay ahead.

The chase continued along that dark passageway. The sound of laser flying was deafening.

Carth swerved around a corner, to pass further on into the Mothership. The tunnel began widening here. The Sith followed in their ships, furious that they had not managed to destroy their target.

Suddenly, Carth flew into a wide metallic hallway. The main reactor stood in the middle. It was a cylinder made of iron, fixed to the top and floor of the hall. Yellow crystals were packed inside it, and these shone through a few square-shaped grates that lay in its metallic covering.

The Republic Captain extended his arm towards the side of the console. ?One shot only. Cannot miss.?

Target acquired. Button pressed.

A concussion missile launched out of his fighter and straight into the reactor. Carth flew on, followed by the Sith fighters.

The cylindrical core exploded violently creating a chain reaction that spread all over the Mothership. The fires rose high, melting the iron wall, burning Sith Troopers and sending flames gushing bright down all passageways, including the one Carth and the Sith were in.

Carth felt the heat behind him but dared not look back. He raced on for a quick exit.

The Sith fighters blasted laser which flashed very close to him. The Devastator shook and became quite unstable. The flames roared on.

Suddenly a speck of blackness appeared ahead. The passage was at an end.

Carth dashed on, rumblings and explosions all around him.

The two Sith Fighters were vaporized in the wave of fire which burnt further towards Carth?s ship.

The Captain flew out just in time. The Devastator blew up behind him. He headed towards the Republic fleet, scraps of broken metal from the large Ship hitting against the side of his fighter.

**^**

In the other Devastator, the Jedi Knights faced the Sith Lords. Bastila and Triyan raised their sabers and took a defensive stance as they braced themselves for the attack.

Bastila could feel the fear of Triyan beside her. He was younger than her, and less experienced in saber combat. Facing their enemies she let her own strength wash over him. She was concerned for him. Fear was a weakness that could easily be manipulated.

Malak rushed at Triyan, swinging his red lightsaber. The darkness was palpable and Triyan stepped back involuntarily at the ferociousness of the attack. He could feel something tugging at his throat as he parried and it took all his strength to remain focused on the battle.

Triyan had heard of such powers but had never seen them first hand. Looking into Malak's eyes he felt a fear stream through him. Death was staring him in the face. The Nautolan parried his strike, and moved his saber in defense. Malak smiled at the effect on the young Padawan. This would be easier than he thought.

Revan circled Bastila slowly as she kept her yellow blade constantly between them. Revan spoke to the Jedi, "Your life is mine now. The moment you came on this ship. Surrender now, and I will spare the life of your friend."

Bastila responded by attacking Revan and their sabers clashed, red on yellow. They continued striking repeatedly at each other, blocking and trying to break the will of their adversary.

Bastila felt the peace surrounding her as she delved into the Force for strength. She feared they had gone above their heads and wished her Master were here. She paused as Revan again tried to strike the saber out of her hands and she came back with a quick defense.

But the meditation skills were hers. Time seem

16. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    I loved Revans taunting towards Bastila. When he keep telling her that Master Vendar was afraid to train her battle meditation skills in fear that she would become too powerful.

Awe Triyan died. I liked yalls idea of how Malak lost his lower jaw. In another story that I read Revan got mad at Malak and cut his jaw off for punishment for failure. No one really knows how he lost his jaw so I like hearing other peoples ideas.

Loved that Bastila saw visions of Revans childhood just before she was going to kill him and because of that she decided to save him.

I can't wait until you all post again.

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah Revan's taunting was great! Loved how you had him access Master Vendar's old bond with him to see/feel the affection that he had for her.

Great work! Loved the battle scenes :D :D Excellent!! Hehehehe She has captured Revan! Yippee! Poor kid... Sad to see the other Jedi die :( But was great that he had no fear at the end.

Can't wait for more!!

(Yep back from GenCon :D was great! Wished I could have stayed all 4 days... but work commanded me back Mon soooo could only attend Thurs and Fri. Bummer... hehehe)

18. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Guy that was genius. This story is commin along great.

19. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Senator Leia I'm so glad you liked Revan and Bastila's interaction. :D I really liked the fact that Bastila could see another side of Revan too.

Kyn :D Thanks again for reading! Glad ya liked the link between Vendar, Revan and Bastila. ;) Poor Triyan, this was all terrifying for him but he died very bravely and saved Bastila.

Viceroy Wagar Thanks for reading. @};- We really appreciate you sticking with us!

Thanks again you guys! [:D] I think Keeper of Swords is going to post the next part. We're working on finishing up Taris and we should have this next part very soon!

20. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
    Its a good good story...

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I haven't caught up yet, but I don't know how I missed this earlier. ARGH! Wonderful story, I'm particularly envious of your battle descriptions. Wonderful work.

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks alot for reading Senator_Leia73, Kynstar, Viceroy_Wagar and VaderLVR64. I?ll start posting Part 2 soon.

23. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

PART 2

Dantooine

The moons of Dantooine began rising on the horizon as the dusk cast shadows over the lavender fields. Bastila sat outside the Jedi enclave and felt an overwhelming sadness as she faced the stars.

Not far away from this peaceful world, so many lives had just come to an end. She dug her fingernails into her hands trying to keep away the tears. Triyan had been like a brother to her and his death left an achingly empty space in her heart.

How could lives come and disappear forever without a trace? Her rage at the Sith dissipated in the peace of the night. Strange that she could feel peace when the whole universe was in chaos. Malak had survived while many Jedi continued to perish in his pursuit. Someday he would come to justice, she vowed. She would avenge Triyan and all the Jedi he had destroyed.

She started as a raspy voice spoke behind her. "Be mindful of your thoughts, my apprentice."

She turned and smiled as Master Vendar came out of the enclave into the night. A faint breeze came across them and blew her dark cropped hair across her face. It hid the dark shadows of sleepless nights since the fighting over Talson VI.

"Do not trouble yourself with the Sith,? the diminutive Jedi Master advised gently. ?Their time will come soon enough. We must not give in to hate or despair or we could indeed suffer their same fate."

Bastila turned and looked down at her aged Master. He was small, skin wrinkled with age and he looked very fragile. His appearance belied his true inner strength which could take out a world, Bastila knew. She wished he had been there to face Revan and Malak rather than her.

She met his gaze. "Master, I will never turn to the dark side. I have seen first hand what the Sith can do and believe me, I would rather die."

"Many have thought as you do,? Master Vendar warned. ?But the darkness has a way of seducing the best of us. Many a Master has contemplated the downfall of Revan and Malak. The answers terrify even the strongest of us."

Bastila considered this for a moment, and then said, "Revan spoke of you during our battle, Master. Did you know him?"

Master Vendar's eyes became slightly wider, gazing off to the hills as if memories were haunting him from afar. "Oh yes," he spoke quietly. "Revan and I were once very close."

Bastila barely breathed as she listened.

"Revan was once my padawan and one of the best leaders the Jedi have ever known. His downfall was the greatest shock I have ever sustained."

"What made him fall, Master?"

Master Vendar looked up at his young apprentice sadly. "I wish we knew for certain. But unbridled power has a terrifying effect on a Jedi."

Bastila nodded, suddenly chilled as the moons rose to full view. "Master, something happened above Talson VI. Something that I have no understanding of."

"What is troubling you, my Padawan?" Something was bothering her beyond the sadness and anger he had first sensed.

"When I was in my fighter?" She paused, not knowing how to start, "I felt a peace I had never felt before and I made a suggestion to the enemy. It worked?" She shook her head. She could not tell if she was skirting some uncertain insanity.

Master Vendar smiled. "You have accessed a most unusual power. Bastila. A power you must learn to control and access if we are to defeat Malak and his followers."

Bastila looked away. "Must I have more responsibility?a heavier burden?"

"But you must be cautious young one. With this power comes great responsibility. Malak will know that it was you who turned the tide of the battle over Talson VI. You will be a target for the vicious attacks that will inevitably come."

She forced herself to look at him. "I don't want this, Master. I can't help but think that I failed many of my friends." Her thoughts went to Triyan and she once again bit back tears.

The two Jedi gazed out at the moons reflection on the long grass of the endless savannah that stretched out beyond the enclave.

"So many have given their lives,? Master Ve

24. Viceroy_Wagar

May 26, 2004
  25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Nice one! Liked how Vendar told her not to speak the name any more... Poor girl she's afraid to take on the burdon of that power... then again who would want it? Yeah it's awesome to have... but the responsibility of having it...

Ohhh this is looking interesting... her being in the vision. Yep and what... her Master knowing more than he's letting on? Ok old man... fess up!! ;) hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.