main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends ::Knights of the Old Republic:: Multi-Authored Story::Bastila in Trouble:: Update 8/12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tangled_sphere, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Meanwhile?

General Barak tapped his fingers restlessly on his desk as he gazed at the holoscreen. He pressed a button and re-played the swoop race that had taken place that day. He slowly stroked his beard, looking at one of the contestants in particular. His force-sensitive spies had told him that the Force ran strong in that person.

Something was not right. Was he a Jedi? And if so, what was a Jedi doing here? The rumours of a crashlanded space craft and Dravin?s report of Jedi passing into Inner Taris tormented his mind. The General scowled. Perhaps Dravin had been right. And where was that Sith Trooper? He hadn?t appeared that evening.

An alarm buzzed and Barak slammed his fist on his desk in frustration. "What is it now?"

"General..the lower levels have been breached."

Barak stood up, throwing his cape behind him as the anger built behind his dark eyes. He punctuated his words to his subordinate. "I want every available Sith in the vicinity of the entrances to the upper rooms ...now. His eyes glistened as he turned the holoscreen off.

The Sith General grabbed his large rail gun, a weapon which fires depleted uranium slugs at super high velocities and rushed out of his chamber.

There would be blood tonight.

Meanwhile?

The Sith at the lower levels had regrouped, and where soon chasing the Jedi and their friends.

So the stronghold invaders rushed on, with red laser flashing past them. Sometimes the ones that had firing weapons turned and shot randomly to stop the Troopers from catching up.

The seven sped away towards a staircase, and headed upwards, with the enemy fast on their trail.

Reaching the upper floor, Niol quickly pushed a large statue towards the Sith.

The statue crashed down the stairway, knocking a Sith dead in the process, and sending another one toppling as it smashed into pieces.

Maddened, the remaining warriors continued their way towards the invaders.

HK-47 and Selena stopped at the top of the stairs and turned. They aimed down and shot at the Sith.

The Bounty Hunter?s hyperblasters had no spin-up delay. Their high rate of firing was incredibly effective. Sith yelled as they died on the stairs. Some raised lightsabers and tried to deflect the bolts, while a few tried shooting at their opponents.

But Selena and the Assassin Droid where at a higher position and killed eight soldiers in a matter of seconds. One survivor stumbled back down the stair and ducked for cover.

While this was happening, the Sith guarding the upper levels had attacked the company.

Mission ducked as red laser whizzed past her. She saw Sith with saber blades rush at them, other Sith with blasters backing them up.

Bastila rushed into combat. She swung the left blade of her lightsaber to deflect a beam, and jerked the right blade upwards to block the red saber which a Sith struck towards her.

Carth shot down the Sith whose saber was locked against that of Bastila and turned to shoot down another Trooper. But as he fired, the Sith quickly ignited his lightsaber, and with a horizontal swipe, deflected the laser back at him. The Republic Captain dodged the laser just in time not to be hit by the deadly blow.

Zaalbar got down on one knee, aiming his bowcaster and firing at Sith. He heard footsteps above, and quickly raising his weapon, he shot at a sniper who was about to pull the trigger of his deadly weapon.

The sniper screamed as he fell out of the window he was near. The Wookiee had blasted laser deep into his shoulder. The injured Sith hit hard onto the ground and died.

Niol whirled round to avoid two laser beams, and struck down a Sith holding a blaster. He turned sideways to parry a lightsaber strike. The Sith pulled back suddenly, and kicked the Jedi. Niol bent with pain, and the enemy trooper smiled as he rushed to finish off the Knight.

But Niol was quickly standing straight again. He blocked another lash, moved his blue laser sword sideways to parry another blow, and then struck from above, chopping off the foe?

2. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Excellent post! I loved all the fight secnes!
    Did you get the There will be blood tonight from The Princess Bride? Because my school is doing a play for it and Im in it. And that is one of the lines. So I was just wondering. LOL

3. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    i see wookies can still pull some arms when they want to :).

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Senator Leia

I can't remember who wrote that line! 8-} I wonder if KOS remembers? That is so cool that you're doing that play, what part are you doing? :D And thanks for reading. @};-

Neil

Those Wookies :D

KOS Thanks for posting!

I should do the next part ;)

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Thank you Senator_Leia73 and Darth Neil.

I can't remember who wrote that line! I wonder if KOS remembers?

I remember. You wrote those paragraphs about General Barak.

However, I sometimes included unoriginal lines and ideas in this fic. For example, the monster in the sewers of Taris was similar to the Watcher of the Water in The Lord of the Rings. Also, there?s a small sub-plot in the Leviathan section which is similar to a plot in Terminator 3. The final section contains quotes from the script of Gladiator and Independence Day and lines from the Starwars novels.

I like building up on what other people wrote. Of course that makes parts of the fic quite unoriginal, but it?s the way I learn, building up on what other people wrote and blending it into another story.

Thanks for posting!

No problem Tangled_Sphere.

6. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    The part I play is quite hummorous actually. I dont have just one part. I play a regular towns person in one scene and in the next I play a soldier and the next I play the king even. Which I find very very odd. LOL And the reason I am playing a guy is because we only have 5 guys. And there are several girls playing guy parts and I was just like okay whatever.

7. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    KOS I think one of the fun things about fan fiction is there are no rules when it comes to what you can borrow from ;) We've got this great world, and others to play off of.

I don't remember writing that part, and it's been ages since I saw Princess Bride, though I loved it! Probably something came out of the deep recesses of my memory. :)

Senator Leia LOL! Well, it does sound like fun! ;) Hope you have a great time. :D

Here's the next part, with more on the journey of our heroes. And terrible danger awaits...

PART 5

Kashyyyk

Darth Bandon descended towards the forest world of Kashyyyk in his fighter. He activated his radar and was astonished to find that there was only one Sith base beyond the large forests.

Last time he was here, the Sith had conquered the whole planet. The warrior headed towards the base and landed onto a star-ship platform.

A commander and white-armoured troops marched up to him and bowed in front of the superior Sith.

?What?s going on here?? Bandon asked.

?Jedi came,? the commander replied nervously. ?We fought a few battles and in the end decided to head into these open grass plains for?er?strategic reorganization.?

?Strategic organization aye?? Bandon said. ?More definite to say you lost and retreated.?

The Commander didn?t say anything.

?Well, get all soldiers ready,? Darth Bandon continued. ?We have to scout through those forests, seek a group of people, take one of them prisoner and kill the others. Direct orders from Malak.?

?There?s a Jedi camp not far off. They?ve got knights guarding the forest border.?

?Then we?ll fight the Jedi first,? Bandon said impatiently. ?The Sith recruits which I sent arrived didn?t they??

The Commander nodded.

?Right. Then we outnumber the Knights. Now prepare for battle.?

The Sith commander nodded again and left.

Ebon Hawk

The Ebon Hawk was a good space vehicle. It had a powerful engine and the inner rooms were quite spacious. Carth had already worked out the route to Kashayyk, which left little to do during a jump. While transiting in normal space there was always someone watching the controls and hazards. Autopilots were nice, but Carth was an old salt in space and preferred someone at the controls. The ship had asteroid-detectors and an alarm would beep if one of these ship-crushing rocks would be obstructing the Hawk?s path.

Niol did not stray far from the cockpit, watching the light of hyperspace as it brought them to their next destination. Bastila watched him, occasionally sitting with Carth and Niol and other times resting in the back. She noticed Niol had been very quiet since the battle on Taris. Perhaps he was focusing himself completely on the next task. But she could feel a sense of dread in his aura that disturbed her.

?We?ll be there soon,? she said quietly over the hum of the engines.

?Not soon enough,? said Niol, almost to himself.

?The fighting has been constant,? Bastila reflected. Carth was now back in and she plopped herself down exhausted, in the pilot?s seat. ?We?ve had a lot of close calls.?

?Yes,? Niol said, ?I didn?t think we?d make it out of that last fight.?

?But we did.? Bastila smiled. ?I guess we make a pretty good team.? She noticed Niol?s mouth twitched into a partial smile as he glanced over at her.

HK-47 wheeled into the cockpit, obviously fascinated by the weapon?s systems as he moved through out the Ebon Hawk. ?This is not as sophisticated as the Sith carriers,? HK said reproachfully. ?We should have chosen another ship.?

Carth spoke up, "She's fast and handles like a fighter... though a large fighter... with several hundred tons of additional mass that is."

Niol spoke. ?It?ll get us there, HK. Don?t underestimate the older technology.?

?I don?t Master meatbag. But I am always prepared for a fight and I must know our capacity.?

?I feel so much safer with you here,? Bastila said sarcastically.

HK seemed to catch her inflection and whirled his head towards her.

8. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    That was a great section i liked how you played on a posibly fall in the near future ;).

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great chapter! Liked the talking :) getting to know a lil about how the wookiee and Twi'lek met up :)

Uh oh... sounds like trouble for Kashyyyk!

10. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Good post. That was a good talk between Mission and Carth.

11. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Thank you DarthNeil.

i liked how you played on a posibly fall in the near future

Glad you like the way an indication of that fall was given.

Thank you Kynstar.

getting to know a lil about how the wookiee and Twi'lek met up

Glad you liked that background story.

sounds like trouble for Kashyyyk!

There?s going to be a battle on Kashyyyk.

Thank you Senator_Leia73

That was a good talk between Mission and Carth.

Glad you liked the conversation.

12. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    Any idea when an update will be posted?

13. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    I've just got my internet back Neil, so next post coming soon! :)

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Alright, thanks for reading Senator Leia, Kyn, and Neil! Here is the next section:

::The Battle for Kashyyyk::

Niol had been having nightmares since they had left Taris. On the fourth night, he awoke, sweating hard. At the same time, Bastila suddenly stirred as well sensing his turmoil. She went to talk to him.

?Blurred images and fading memories drift through my mind,? Niol said. ?But when I wake up, I don?t remember anything.? The Jedi looked thoughtful, ?Master Vendar said that there may be a link through the Force between us. You haven?t thought of a reason why I?ve been having these strange dreams haven?t you??

Bastila shook her head but didn?t dare look him directly in the eye.

With slight suspicion, Niol decided to ask her a more direct question. ?You don?t know why I?ve forgotten what happened in the battle when I was injured do you??

Bastila stepped back. ?Of course not!? she lied. ?How would I know that!?

Niol was startled at the sudden harsh tone in her voice. ?It?s alright,? he said almost apologetically. ?The Jedi Masters always teach us that it?s important to delve in the past and be mindful of the future, but all I care about is that I?m here with you.?

Two days later the Ebon Hawk approached Kashyyyk. Mission and Zaalbar were shocked that parts of the forests were destroyed.

As the ship drifted into the atmosphere, it was visible that there had been many land battles on this planet. Trees lay burnt and destroyed. There was also evidence of an attempt to build some sort of buildings in one side of a forest and many trees had been hacked down all around the area. They lay in ruin, rotting away.

?The Sith,? Carth muttered in an angry voice.

But there was no time to say anything else. As the Hawk flew further towards the surface, the travelers saw an army of Sith and another one of Jedi and Republic soldiers charge towards each other.

A battle was about to take place on grass plains at the border of a forest. The Sith had large black armoured hover-tanks. A crew of Sith troopers drove the battle tanks and operated the array of laser and projectile weaponry carried by the vehicle.

The Republic also had repulsorlift vehicles ? light tanks with laser cannons flanking their sides and a turret mounted cannon at the front.

Both armies had a few war-speeders. These used two shoulder-level handgrips to control elevation and direction and pivoted pedals to control acceleration. Slung beneath each speeder's frame was a single laser cannon.

Darth Bandon drove one of these speeders, and was at the front of his army leading the charge.

However most of the warriors weren?t in war-vehicles, but attacked the other army on foot. The Sith carried blasters and red bladed sabers, while the Jedi carried laser swords with other colours, and were backed by Republic soldiers with guns.

The Jedi and Republic forces were led by Jolee Bindo, a human Jedi Master who had a purple lightsaber.

The travelers of the Ebon Hawk saw laser beams exchanged and tanks exploding beneath them. The foot-soldiers mingled into each other and there was great slaughter amongst them. It was clear that the Jedi and Republic allies were outnumbered by the Sith.

?We?ve got to help!? Bastila said, reaching for her lightsaber. Niol agreed. Carth nodded and quickly headed to the control room to land the space-ship not far from the battle field.

Unlike Selena, Zaalbar, and Mission, it was the Knights and Republic Captain?s duty to fight Sith.

?Stay with the Ship,? Niol told the two aliens and the Bounty hunter as he pressed a button for a side door of the Hawk to open. He felt wind blowing in his face, as the Space-craft drifted further down and touched the ground.

?But we can fight! This is our homeworld,? Mission insisted, speaking for herself and Zaalbar. But the Jedi were already outside, running towards danger.

Selena didn?t say anything. She hated the Sith but wasn?t one to get into trouble if it could be avoided.

?We can?t leave this

15. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Awesome battle! I am so glad you posted! I thought this story had died! I'm glad that it didnt!

16. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    That was a very cool battle =D= i can not wait for more like that if there are any more that is ;).

17. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Senator Leia I got a PM from KOS, looks like we were in the same boat with posting :p But now that I have internet I'll be posting more often. :) And thank you so much for stopping in @};-

Also Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one! [:D]

Neil Isn't that battle scene classic KOS! :D

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I liked this:

?The Jedi Masters always teach us that it?s important to delve in the past and be mindful of the future, but all I care about is that I?m here with you.? [face_love] Awww!

Wow hefty fight there! Glad they won! [face_dancing] Can't wait for more! Great work! :D

19. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Thanks a lot for reading SenatorLeia_73, DarthNeil and Kynstar.

Thanks for your kind words tangled_sphere. You are a very co-operative writer to work with and I like your writing style a lot.

20. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Carth, HK and the two Jedi Knights made their way past the wrecked speeders and bodies of dead Sith scouts. They got into the Ebon Hawk and Mission greeted them, glad that they had made it through the battle alive.

They walked into the control- room and Carth activated the ship?s radar. A map of Kashyyyk showed up. ?That?s my village!? Mission yelled, excited. Then pointing further north, ?And this is where Zaalbar lives!?

?Well,? Carth said activating the Ship?s engines, making the Hawk lift off the surface. ?You?ll be home in ten minutes.?

Mission left the control room and Carth noticed that he was alone with Niol and Bastila.

?Activate the star map tracker,? he told Niol.

The Jedi did so and a signal came from the far north of the planet.

?Good!? Bastila said, pleased that all looked well.

?One problem,? said Niol as he walked to the Ship?s radar and zoomed in on the area the Tracker had marked. ?There?s no way we can make it to that location with our Ship. The trees are enormous. There?s not one place where we can land.?

?We can stop at Zaalbar?s village here,? Carth said, pointing at another area on the screen, ?And make our way on foot. It?s not too far.?

?Good idea,? Niol said. Bastila nodded in agreement.

They arrived at the Twi?lek village. It was a peaceful place, almost dreamlike. There were small cottages situated along narrow roads, and on a small hill was a large log-house were the village leader dwelt.

Beside the village was a large lake with crystal clear water. A few fishing boats floated upon it. Fields surrounded the houses, and a wooden fence separated the fertile land from the wild forests beyond.

The Hawk landed in an opening. A group of blue Twi?leks gathered around to see who had arrived. They were very happy to see that Mission was alive and well. The young Twi?lek hugged her parents, who were overjoyed by her arrival as they thought that they would never see their daughter again.

Mission thanked Carth and the Jedi for bringing her home, and told Zaalbar that they could soon meet and talk about their adventures on Taris.

The Hawk was soon back in the planet?s atmosphere and heading towards the Tree Village of the Wookiees. It was evening now and daylight was disappearing.

Carth landed on a platform built between four branches of a large tree trunk. A few one pilot space ships were situated upon this. Despite their somewhat primitive life-style, the Wookies were an advanced race and had long since discovered the technology of space travel.

Zaalbar bid farewell to his friends and re-united with his family.

Niol told the Wookiee chieftain that they were going to leave their Space craft in the tree village for a few days.

They headed to a tavern to rest for the night. The Wookiees got them food and drink. They ate heartily for it had been a long day. Only HK-47 remained motionless as he didn?t need to eat. After half an hour, Selena walked to the doorway and looked towards the bright moon in the night sky.

Suddenly, Carth felt totally foolish. He stood up and moved towards where the Bounty Hunter stood. He handed fifty credits to Selena. ?You can buy one of those space-vehicles from the Wookiees with these,? he said.

Selena didn?t take them, and glanced at Carth with a puzzled look on her face. The Republic Captain looked down uncomfortably, thinking how beautiful she was.

?You?re free,? he said. ?Selena, we shouldn?t have got you through further trouble after escaping from Taris. I should have stopped the Hawk and let you go on the nearest planet. I feel like a completely unthinking fool, and I?m sorry.?

Selena looked down at the money in his hands and then at Carth?s face. Then very slowly she said, ?I am free? Free to go??

?Yes,? Carth replied. ?Free to go.?

There was a long dragging silence. An owl cried somewhere off and Wookie mumblings came from the room of the tavern.

Then Selena said, ?Is it that you are sending me away??

?No!? Carth said. ?It is

21. DarkLadyRevan

DarkLadyRevan Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    What a great idea about the Dark Side trap! And the bounty hunter is now considered a friend! :D

22. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    Cool a nasty darkside trap, they should look where there going next time [face_shame_on_you]. I wish i had one of thoses star map trackers in the game ;).

23. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Thanks a lot DarkLadyRevan and DarthNeil.

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003

Meanwhile?

On the surface, Carth was resting against a rock. HK-47 stood nearby, while Selena was up a tree, looking towards the night sky.

?You still haven?t said much about yourself,? Carth told her.

The Bounty Hunter swung down from the tree.

?Not much to say about myself,? she replied. ?I never knew my father and mother. I was raised in Shalebridge Orphanage on Coruscant. I hated that place. They kept us locked up like animals for most of the time and we were barely fed.

Then one day, one of the children set fire to a room, and the place went up in flames. Some of us got the chance to escape in the confusion.? Selena paused, then continued

So there I was. A kid in Lower Coruscant. No parents, no home. Running messages and picking pockets to keep my ribs from meeting my spine. But I survived, and when I got older I stole a ship and started my life as a Bounty Hunter, traveling from one planet to another till I got stuck on Taris.?

?A sad tale indeed,? Carth said. ?And to think most beings on different worlds look at Coruscant, as the light. The centre of the galaxy, were order and justice prevails.?

?Though the city on Taris was very small, compared to the vast dwellings covering Coruscant, the two places are quite similar in a way.? Selena replied. ?The upper levels may be a fine place to live in. But move further down and there?s villainy everywhere.? Selena thought for a moment, then smiled, ?including myself.?

Carth grinned for the first time that day.

Meanwhile?

Niol and Bastila found a passageway, encircled by mud. But when they walked through it, they found the other end blocked. They turned to leave. But suddenly, Bastila felt a strange feeling. She looked at the mud-drenched wall and leapt right through it. Niol followed and to their surprise found themselves in a maze-like place, with black and white blocks of tiles. A sinister, ghostly laugh echoed all around them. There wasn?t mud anywhere. Even their clothes were clean.

?This is like a crazy dream,? Bastila said.

?More like a nightmare,? Niol replied as the floor started to crack and turn into dust around them. Acid bubbled from between the cracks, evaporating the dust.

So the Jedi ran on, haunted by laughter coming from every direction from Sith long dead.

They came to the end of a corridor, and as dust and acid rushed towards them, they noticed that the floor was reforming behind the area were it was disappearing. So they doubled-back and reaching into the Force, leapt over the deadly fumes and onto the cold white and black tiles.

They made their way on through the passageways, and pushed at a wooden door to enter a field of black wheat which shook in unreal wind. Purple mist drifted all over the place, and there was no sky. There was nothing above them. Just a sense of death and misery.

Suddenly hawk-like creatures glided through the mist and attacked the Jedi. They drove their shark claws into Bastila, who cried out in pain, but as soon as they reached Niol, they streaked in terror and disappeared into a puff of red smoke.

Bastila activated her lightsaber, but its blade passed right through the phantom birds which kept attacking her. Niol rushed towards and the beasts disappeared as the others had.

?I don?t understand,? Niol said.

But Bastila understood why the monsters of the dark side trap could do no harm to Niol.

They walked through the dreaded field of wheat. Eerie music started coming from an area. The music got louder, but then lessened as the sound waves started turning into wind -strong wind.

Very soon, a whirlwind formed in front of them. Above it mud rained down from the sky.

?Run!? Bastila said, rushing off

Niol was about to speed after his friend, when suddenly he thought, ?If we came through mud, we can probably leave through mud,?

?Wait!? he called after Bastila.

?What?? Bastila said, as Niol came near her.

?We have to combine powers to survive through that twister. There?s a chance that we can leave this place through it.

25. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    Nice, was a bit on the short side but is was great anyway :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.