main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Knights of the old Republic texture glitch

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by noop, Aug 13, 2016.

1. noop

noop Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2016
    Sup,

I recently tried to play kotor again and sadly it didnt work quite as planned as I got a huge texture glitch. The glitch is actually known and can be found via google quite easily, what you cant find so easily tho is a fix for it.

I tried everything I found which was:
    -running kotor with compatibility xp service pack 3 and I even tried vista
    -diasbling movies and mouse acceleration stuff
    -installed custom textures
    -replaced atioglxx.dll and mss.dll
    -disabling everything in graphic settings like grass
    -added command for windowed mode in the .ini and run it like that
    -edited command for buffering stuff in the .ini (cant remember how it's called and the mod installer actually removed it, so I cant look it up)
    -drivers were allready up to date
    -disabled steam overlay ingame

I also got the widescreen program so I can play it in 1920x1080, but nothing helped at all.

My spec is:
    Windows 8
    Laptop
    nvidia gforce 840m

I could also provide a screenshot if needed, but as I said if you simply google for texture glitch with the game you gonna find youtube videos showing the glitch.

There are only 3 forums I found for stuff like this and one of them is quite inactive and will shut down shortly, thus I'm trying to find some help here.
    Kotor is such an amzing game and I mean I can play it, but it's super annoying with the glitch and realy ruins any gameplay experience.
    Hopefully somebody had the problem too and found a fix for it, otherwise I probably wont be able to enjoy kotor after all the time again t.t

2. noop

noop Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2016
    So appareantly a friend of mine found the solution.
    My laptop has a 2nd graphics card installed and it turned out that kotor would somehow use that graphic card instead of the nvidia one. The glitch itself then was caused by an old driver, and after updating that one the game runs fine.
    I have no idea why the game would use my second graphic card instead of the better one, but I'm happy and able to play kotor now.
    If you have the same problem and couldnt find a fix, your second graphic card may be the issue.