main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Knights Of The Old Republic: The Great Hunt

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Lieutenant_Valerian, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ikoniq

Ikoniq Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    IC: Jedi Padawan Ch'ay Ruuna

His twin lekku couldn't stop shaking, even as Ch'ay tried to calm his nerves. Looking around, none of the others seemed as apprehensive as he. Then again they had all had missions like this before, where there wasn't a diplomatic solution, but a military objective. While Ch'ay was aching to prove himself, he thought about the effect killing in the name of vengeance would have for the Jedi who might not be so sure in the light ways of the force. A couple of names came to mind, Vladorm Kobia, because of his stoicity and impassive tendencies and Marcus Tam, one who had renounced the dark ways, but seemed to be little more than an opportunist.

"There he goes again," Ch'ay thought to himself, Vladorm always seems so distant and unresponsive. And it doesn't help at all that his new master never seems to pay attention to him. Another thing I'll have to bring up with the Council the next time I go before them. Ch'ay couldn't seems to keep his mind from wandering. There seemed to be just as many faults with the Jedi as advantages. It's all a part of the balance of the force I suppose, he thought to himself.

"Vlad, why do you always have to be so serious? Your old Master disappeared ages ago," Ch'ay said to his fellow Padawan, trying to draw out some emotion.

TAG: darthramza, anyone

2. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Inquisitor_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    IC: Marcus Tam

Marcus quirked an eyebrow at the unusual Padawan.

"Well, I don't need to be a seer to see that you'll be a great Jedi Master someday," he told the young Zabrak, a note of sarcasm in his gravelly voice. "You've already got that cliche'd 'mystical vagueness' garbage down."

"Ah," He sighed in mock wistfulness. "They grow up so fast. Spouting annoying platitudes and everything. Your master would be so proud of you. At least until you find out the hard way that when bloody, violent death stares you in the eye, all your words of noble sacrifice are worth less than the air that carries them."

Marcus reflected after a moment, that he was perhaps being a little harsh, but years of bitter experience had taught him the necessity of such things. He'd seen too many just like him, marching off to battle, heads held high, and filled with their masters' precious ideals of duty and self sacrifice. None of it made any difference. They all died screaming in the end.

If the boy was going to live through the utter stupidity that was this "Second Great Hunt", he would have to learn fast. Reality was a harsh mistress, and she showed mercy to none.

Tag: darthramza, any

3. jedipassion

jedipassion Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2007
    IC: Zu Elang

Zu walks upon the group that is disscussing amongst each other and looks at them and smiles. "ah but it is when that noble sacrifice is remembered far beyond the reaches of death, only then do they truely have some meaning even if it isnt to everyone else it always is meaningful to you. Even if your the one dying, die with honor." Zu kinda mindlessly rambles while walking towards them making the effect to him as if they grow smaller every moment he gets closer. "Hello, im Zu Elang, Jedi Watchman. Ill be joining you on your mission."

tag:anyone

4. Lieutenant_Valerian

Lieutenant_Valerian Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2008
    OOC - Please remember Terentateks are amazingly powerful and that no Force attack affects them in any way. Very few Jedi were capable of killing these creatures single-handedly, like Revan, for example. Keep in mind that none of us are more powerful than Revan. So it will be much harder for us to defeat stampedes of these monsters.

IC - Master Bao-Dur (KOTOR 2 reference).

Once every chosen Jedi had made their respective preparations, they were all together on the hangar, waiting for the Council member to come and tell them about their destination. After some minutes, Master Bao-Dur entered the hangar doors, and everybody turned to watch the master.

"Greetings, my fellow Jedi," he started, "I have chosen you because, for one reason or another, you are the fittest for this dangerous task. It is, in a way, a test for some of you. The beasts must be killed in order for the galaxy to prosper once again. We have had reports of them in several planets, previously related to Sith or known to have a strong connection with the dark side. Your first destination will be Kashyyyk, the Wookie homeworld, where there have been sightings of Terentatek in the Shadowlands," He finished, and waited for the other's reaction.

TAG - Everyone

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vladorm Kobia

Vlad briefly acknowledged Ch'ay. "I was serious before Master T'dio vanished, long before that. If this behavior is indeed what you think of as serious, perhaps I shall remain serious longer. Perhaps not." The was perhaps a slight edge to his reply, but perhaps it could just as easily have been imagined. Perhaps.

Next he regarded Master Tam, "Thank you, Master Tam, I am unworthy of such praise." Vlad had clearly missed the sarcasm and was merely spouting the traditional response to praise.

It was about this time that Master Bao-Dur entered the room. The briefing was delivered in a punctual manner. [i]"Your first destination will be Kashyyk, the Wookie homeworld, where there have been sightings of Terentatek in the Shadowlands."[/i] The Master then paused, apparently finished with his speech giving.

"Understood," was the only reply Vlad gave.

[b]TAG:[/b] Any

OOC: Cripes, I had no idea playing an unemotional character would be such a workout! Choosing words with minimum charged connotation is [i]hard[/i].

6. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    IC:Ryshin Thraell

Ryshin turned around and litsened to what the Council Memeber had to say. "Hmmm, Kashyyyk. I wonder when we leave?" Ryshin asked himself. He sat himself down on a nearby bench, moving his cloak to make it more comftable. He looked at the group of Jedi around him. "This is going to be one trip." Ryshin said out loud. He turned to the padawan, Vladorm. "Greetings there Padawan. I see that you have no master with you. Could you spare a name?" Ryshin asked.

TAG:Anyone

7. Ikoniq

Ikoniq Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    IC: Ch'ay Ruuna

Kashyyk, huh? Ch'ay mused to himself. He and Master Pre'core had once been on Kashyyk on a recruiting mission. From what he remembered, he hadn't sensed any anomalies in the force there, but he had been much younger and Master Precore had seemed relieved once they'd finally left the system. Yes, there had definitely been something there. He couldn't believe Master Pre'core had let him walk the planet without telling him of the threat. Oh well, no use crying over spilled beans, he thought, but if it was true what they said about the terentatek not being able to be affected by the force, then surely the Council must have a good plan. There's no way they're going to let 50 of their best be killed. Thinking this way before the mission was dangerous, he decided.

More to soothe his growing fear than anything, he'd tried and failed to strike up conversation with the stoic Vlad. He must just not get it, we could die surely he understands that? On second thought Ch'ay thought, Probably not, causing him to chuckle a little. Master Pre'core looked at him immediately, thinking he had scoffed Master Bao-Dur's mission description.

"Don't take these beasts lightly, my young apprentice," she said loudly enough for only him to hear.

Realizing that this was not the time to try to explain himself he replied, "Yes, Master."

Though she added nothing after that, the look on her face betrayed her worry, both about Ch'ay and herself. Looking back to where the Council was, he continued to wait obediently, hoping that they were being sent in teams and not just in pairs...

8. Lieutenant_Valerian

Aug 14, 2008
    IC - Jel-Kor, Bao-Dur

"Well, when are we leaving, Master?" Jel-Kor asked the COuncil member.

"As soon as you can. I came here to tell you what you had to do," he replied, "I trust you will succeed with this task, my fellow Jedi. I know you will," He continued, walking towards the hangar doors. "However, I will need to name a Jedi Master to be the leader of each group, as you will be separated into two groups. Group A and Group B. Group A (all of you RP'ers :)) will go to Kashyyyk, as I said before, while Group B will be going to Dantooine. Master Jel-Kor, I name you the leader of the A group. Master Karask, group B. You're the most experienced and well-prepared. I know you have faced Terentatek before, Master Jel-Kor," he said, smiling slightly, "I have to leave you now. But, remember to contact us once you're done. May the Force be with you all,"

9. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007

"hmm kashyykk sounds like we will have some fun in the shadowlands then. looks like i might get to use a little of my skill while im there." Zu says to himself as he bows to master Bao-Dur as he walks away. "well it looks as if were together for the first bout, should we go now master Jel-Kor?"

tag:all

10. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin sat down and pondered about this. "Kashyyyk's ground floor. That's going to be dangerous." Ryshin pointed out shaking his black gloved hand. He turned around and looked towards the group. "When do we leave? And will we be going in one transport or will we travel seperatly?" Ryshin asked.

11. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

Marcus just glared in response to the Padawan's thanks, sure that he was doing it just to irritate him. Oh, how the mighty have fallen, he groaned inwardly. He used to be feared and respected. Now he spent his days trading verbal jabs with apprentices less than a third his age.

He listened in silence as the team leaders were picked, not sure whether to be relieved or offended that he wasn't chosen to be one. After a brief mental debate, he settled on "mildly irritated".
    His perpetual scowl deepened at that. "The most experienced?" He muttered irritably. "Pah, I'd mastered half a dozen lightsaber forms before they were even born!"

For a brief moment, a wave of nostalgia washed over him, for the bad old days when he'd been the right hand of the Dark Lord. His life had meant something then. And the Darkness had ensured that his conscience never interfered with his sleep cycle. But, he reflected with a hint of sadness, those days were gone. Revan was gone, taking with him any possibility of a purposeful existence, enslaving him to that blasted conscience, and it, in turn, to an Order that should have been wiped from the face of the galaxy.

The Jedi were weak, incapable of doing what was necessary to hold the galaxy together, and unrealistic enough to think that they were. But, with the Sith broken, they were the strongest ones left, the only ones with the potential to do what Revan had strived for: creating a strong, unified, and prosperous galaxy.

And so, he would stay with them. For now...

Tag: All

OOC: Muahahahaha!!! Mine is an evil laugh![face_skull]

12. Lieutenant_Valerian

Aug 14, 2008
    OOC - lmao, it seems so.

IC - Jel-Kor

Jel-Kor turned around to look at the his goup.

"Well... It's time to leave, I suppose. Let's go aboard, I'll tell the pilot to start the ship," He said, as Group B also started boarding their shuttle.

13. Ikoniq

Ikoniq Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    IC: Ch'ay Ruuna

Aboard the ship, Ch'ay felt that he needed some space. Meditating in isolation was a technique he had learned to appreciate. He needed time to clear his head, to put his mind at peace with the mission. Finding a corner that none of the others seemed to be going near, sat down,folded his legs, and closed his eyes. Letting the Force take over, he began to focus only on his own mind and thoughts. Almost instantly, the Jedi Code came to his mind:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

No death... the words echoed in his head. The code is so frustrating. The realization had come to him many times before, but never had he questioned the code so. But it does make it easier to concentrate he thought to himself. He started to feel lighter than air and before he knew it he was entering a meditative trance, awaiting Master Jel-Kor's instructions...

TAG: Lieutenant_Valerian

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Standing in the middle of a large, empty room aboard the ship, Vlad closed his eyes and activated his lightsaber. The blade glowed to life with a snap-[i]hiss[/i], and slowly, methodically, Vlad began a simple rotating maneuver, which he began to increase in speed by a little at a time. Eventually, it was whirling so quickly that there seemed to be a solid disc of energy looping about Vlad's body.

"And strike," Vlad said, as he lunged the blade forward. He then began his routine again.

"And strike."

"And strike."

"Parry and strike."

To an onlooker it would have seemed incredibly boring. For Vlad it was a sort of escape, his lightsaber's movements giving him a small thrill of danger.

[b]TAG:[/b] Any

15. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

Marcus strode onto the ship and promptly plopped down into a quiet corner of the cargo bay, ignoring the meditating young man next to him. He pulled his Mandalorian Heavy Blaster from his belt, admiring its hard lines and numerous scuff-marks, a gleam of affection in his eyes. This weapon, pried from the cold, dead hands of Janus Fett, the son and chief lieutenant of the legendary warrior Cassus Fett, had served him well over the years. Governments had risen and fallen. Friends and comrades had died. Wars had come and gone. But this weapon had never failed him.

With studious care, he disassembled the old blaster, cleaning its intricate inner workings one at a time, before quickly reassembling it. With a nod of approval, he placed it back in its holster, pulling the tiny Sith Assassin's Pistol from his boot, and repeating the process.

After a moment, he realized that the irritating Zabrak Padawan was practicing his saber form a few meters away. He considered the other's movements with some surprise. The young man was surprisingly good. With a slight grunt of annoyance at his protesting joints, Marcus rose from his seated position, and walked slowly toward the young man.

"You feel up to a spar with this old man?" He asked, patting his own saber hilt with a predatory smile.

Tag: darthramza, ANY

16. jedipassion

Sep 9, 2007

Zu boarded group A's shuttle and began to notice it was just a more enclosed than he hoped it to be. so he found an empty spot where he could practice his hand to hand combat and do some meditation so he can lose himself for a while. After about a few minutes he found himself spinning his lightsaber around in a form only seen by his master. "wow how am i doing this? ive only seen this done by my master when he delfects blaster bolts from all angles using a combination of force speed and battle meditation." Zu stops and sighs for a moment and touches the scar on his back and sits down thinking about his old now deceased master. "man i miss him,but at least i know that with every part of the force i use, a little bit of him flows through me." Zu says smiling.

tag:anyone

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

"Strike and parry..." Vlad was so intensely focused he barely noticed Master Tam enter the room. There were beads of sweat rolling down his face, and his eyes were locked on an imagined foe directly in front of him.

"Greetings, Master Tam," Vlad acknowledged. There wasn't enough inflection to justify calling it a "greeting," and he continued his routine for a few moments before halting.

"I would be honored to spar against you. I have not had a sparring partner for some time now," he relayed, matter-of-factly. He adjusted the intensity on his lightsaber. "I assume we shall be using the non-lethal energy range," he said. It wasn't a question. "I trust you will not hold back, aside from this." There was no sarcasm, no venom, no admiration... There was simply nothing.

In the back of his mind, Vlad prepared himself for battle. And still wondered what meal he would partake of later.

[b]TAG:[/b] Inquisitor_Skywalker, any

18. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin walked through the shuttles corridors. "Hmmm." Ryshin said to himself. He had no padawan, even though he wishes he did. He could use a companion. He entered a room to find the Zabrack Padawan practicing his forms and Master Tam asking if he could join. Before they got into it, Ryshin stepped in. "Would you mind if I joined you?" Ryshin asked.

TAG:Vlad, Marcus

19. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

Marcus grinned at the prospect of a good fight, fiddling with the power dial on his saber's hilt, turning it down enough to give only a sharp sting when it hit, rather than a mortal wound.

"Would you mind if I joined you?"

Marcus shrugged. "I don't have a problem with it. Two on one, or every man for himself?" He asked, igniting his saber and running the crimson blade through a quick infinity loop to warm up.

The lightsaber's hilt was of an unusual curved variety. The design was difficult to master, and required the weilder to adjust his or her grip slightly, but it altered the angle of his strikes, making his moves difficult to predict or counter for the inexperienced.

Tag: darthramza, RuneEisahn, Any

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

"Master Thraell, you wish to spar as well?" Vlad asked, as he drew his second lightsaber and set it to a lowered intensity. The twin orange blades gave his skin a pale coloration that didn't suit the young man's appearance.

"I believe either combination of arrangements would suit me," he informed Master Tam. "I defer, then, to Master Thraell's decision."

He held both blades loosely down by his sides, his rather unorthodox ready position which nonetheless proved effective for Vlad's rather unorthodox lightsaber style.

"In any case I am ready when you both are, Masters."

[b]TAG:[/b] RuneEisahn, Inquisitor_Skywalker, Any

21. Lieutenant_Valerian

Aug 14, 2008
    IC - Jel-Kor

Master Jel-Kor entered the ship. It was big, and had several rooms, but it was simply for transportation purposes. He saw the Jedi sparring, and as he saw the rest of the group entering the ship, he announced: "I think it's time for us to live. I'll got advise the pilot and tell him our destination."

22. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin smilled. He like these two. They had spunk. Especially the padawan. "I would say, free for all. That would probably suit me better." Ryshin said as he pulled his lightsaber from his belt and activated the Emerald blade. "Well, well, well. Let's see. A padawan and a Master. Ohh, this won't do." Ryshin muttered to himself before setting into his Soresu stance.

23. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

Marcus continued to twirl his red blade absently, its bloodshine glow casting eerie shadows throughout the bay, studying his opponents. The Padawan carried two blades, and from his body language, Marcus could tell that he was adept at the Jar'Kai saber form. The other master had adopted a standard defensive Soresu stance, and looked comfortable with it. He was probably quite experienced with that form, which would make him a tough one to crack.

Without warning, he lunged for the Zabrak Padawan, swinging his blade up and bringing it crashing down toward the boy's horned head in a classic Djem So power attack. He had turned his back on the other because he knew it would take him a moment to switch gears from the purely defensive Soresu, to something a little more agressive, giving Marcus the time to complete this attack, gauge the Zabrak's defenses, and move back into a defensive position.

24. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin saw how Marcus jumped on Vlad with the standard attack. Ryshin quickly moved into the Djem So satnce and attacked Marcus from behind. Ryshin went for a leg sweep, before moving his lighstaber in all directions. Before spinning and aiming his lightsaber for Marcuses shoulder.

25. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

The other master was quicker than Marcus had anticipated, forcing the old Zeltron to abandon his attack at the last second. Swinging his saber around, he leapt over the leg sweep and batted aside the attack that had been coming in for his shoulder with ease. If this Master Thraell believed he could bring Marcus down that quickly, he was a fool. The only being who had ever beaten him in a lightsaber duel, since he attained weapon mastery, was Darth Malak. And Marcus believed that to be something of a fluke, considering how much the Star Forge had augmented the jawless wonder's power.

Recognizing the need to eliminate the young master as a threat, Marcus switched immediately to the hyper-aggressive Juyo form. With a shout, he flew at Thraell, his blade weaving intricate patterns of crimson in the air as he went in an effort to confuse the defender, before Marcus whipped his blade around in a vicious diagonal slash aimed at Thraell's thigh, only to pull back at the last second, flicking his blade up to the master's chest in an attept to run him through.

Having learned his lesson from Thraell's attempt at a surprise attack, Marcus turned slightly, keeping the Zabrak in his field of vision while he rained blows down on his current opponent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.