main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Knights Of The Old Republic: The Great Hunt

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Lieutenant_Valerian, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    IC:Ryshin Thraell

Ryshin was surprised by how fast the old Master had attacked. Quickly switching to the Soresu form, Ryshin blocked and parried most of the attacks. Bringing his green blade down to intercept the aim at his thigh, before quickly changing back to the Djem So style, he quickly lunged forth slashin up and down, left and right, before using the force to enhance his strength and speed. Moving quickly behind and all around the Old Master, Ryshin was all but a blur, smashing his heavy attacks onto the lightsaber.

TAG:Anyone

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Vladorm Kobia

Vlad hadn't flinched when the blade had nearly caught him square in the face, but he did give himself a mild scolding for failing to react.

Standing with his rather unusual stance, he watched the two Jedi Masters attack each other with blinding speed. And then he struck.

Darting forward at high velocity, he brought his twin blades inwards toward both combatants with long sweeps.

[b]TAG: RuneEisahn, Inquisitor_Skywalker[/b]

3. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Inquisitor_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    IC: Marcus Tam

Marcus whirled his blade, meeting his opponent's assault with aggression of his own, dodging strikes that the non-defensive form couldn't intercept. It was then that the unusually calm Zabrak joined in. The boy had potential, but he'd frozen when it mattered most, with Marcus' blade bearing down on his skull. Perhaps this sparring session would be good for him. But, while Marcus knew the Padawan had potential, it was obvious that that potential hadn't been reached yet.

The boy made to attack both masters at once, thinking, perhaps, that by weilding two blades, he could fight two duels simultaneously. That was a mistake. While two blades were good for handling multiple opponents, they were best used in alternating roles, with one being used to block, while the other goes on the offensive. Trying to attack with both was generally foolish, because it required a split in concentration that often proved lethal in and of itself, and, unless your enemies stayed stationary, you would almost inevitably be forced to overextend yourself.

With a grunt, Marcus ducked clear of Thraell's latest strike, switching on the move to Makashi. With contemtous ease, his blade flicked out, batting one of Kobia's aside, before glancing across his chest. Had the blade been turned up to full power, the young Padawan woud have a minor, but very painful and distracting wound. With that lesson taught, he somersaulted backward, bringing both combatants back into view.

"Lesson one," he called to Padawan Kobia, "Don't bite off more than you can chew. Lesson two: only idiots fight fair!" He reached out to the Force, gathering several items lying around the cargo bay at random, and hurled them at both opponents, but was more focused on Kobia. Thraell was experienced enough to have learned this lesson already, but young Vladorn was not. If the boy's official master wasn't up to the job, then it fell to Marcus to do what he could to ensure the boy's survival. If that meant inflicting a few bruises with flying objects to drive home the fact that those who only fought "conventionally" usually ended up dead, then so be it. Pain was a great motivator, after all.

Tag: darthramza, RuneEisahn, Any

4. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin used the force to stop the objects being hurled at him, while smirking from what the Jedi Master said. "I learned that lesson the hard way." Ryshin muttered with a chuckle. He suddenly realises that Marcus is using the Makashi form. "Well, well, well. I have finnaly found a match." Ryshin said, before turning into the Ataru stance. Ryshin jaumps here and there slashing at Marcus, before back flipping behind Vlad. "Lesson 3: Never let your enemy talk much." Ryshin said, before jumping infront, behind, side to side, striking in places were if the lightsaber was at power would cut limbs off.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC:Vladorm Kobia

[i]Pain. Minor. Chest region.[/i] These thoughts flew through Vlad's mind as Master Tam's blade made a mildly annoying tick on his chest. Vlad's eyes remained neutral, it would simply not happen again.

Which was when the objects came flying at him. Vlad managed to bat a few away when there was a noise coming from behind. Someone talking, presumably Master Thraell.

Hoping to catch both off guard, Vlad leaped forward away from Thraell's strikes before somersaulting to Master Tam's legs, where he used his momentum to launch a spinning kick followed by a spiraling upward slash with both lightsabers. He then landed in a corner opposite the two.

"Lessons duly noted."

[b]TAG:[/b] RuneEisahn, Inquisitor_Skywalker

6. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin jumped at Marcus, spinning all the way, spinning his lightsaber to tap across Marcus's chest, before coming into the Niman stance, before swithcing to Makashi. Spinning his lightsaber around gracefully, Ryshin aimed for Marcus's legs, arms, and thighs.

7. Ikoniq

Ikoniq Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    IC: Ch'ay Ruuna

Ch'ay had been meditating in a secluded section of the ship and awaiting the call to action, but instead was disturbed by the sound of furious physical action taking place. Getting up and looking into the area where the commotion was coming from, he saw Masters Thraell and Tam locked in combat with both each other, and Tam's Padawan Vladorm Kobia. Surely this must be practice Ch'ay thought, but he couldn't be sure due to the intensity on the faces of the competitors and the small cut that was present on Vladorm's chest. For a moment Ch'ay felt something in himself that made him want to join in the fray and defend his fellow Padawan. But, before he could act, his own Master came up beside him.

"Master this looks so real, this is no way prepare for such a dangerous mission," he said.

"You have learned so much from me, my young Padawan," she said endearingly. "But this is precisely how some people prepare for battle--with battle."

"Strange, isn't it, I mean, you've always taught me that getting ready for a big assignment is mental. Shouldn't they be meditating?"

"But this is mental. They are a different breed of Jedi than us. This is mental preparation for them, just look at the concentration on their faces," she suggested. pointing back to the battle. This was true, the looks on their faces said it all, none of them had blinked in a long while and they seemed to be in their element. "Now young Padawan, come with me there is one more thing I'd like to teach you before we get to Kashyyk.

TAG: Anyone

8. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin jumped back and deactivated his lightsaber. "Master Tam, Padawan Kobia, you have fought well. Padawan, you have done better than any Padawan i've ever met. And you Master Tam, your still pretty good for an old man. But lets get serious." Ryshin announced, activating his lighstaber.

9. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008
    OOC: Sorry 'bout the delay. Been a busy few days.

Marcus grinned savagely at the 'old man' barb, lunging forward toward Thraell with a slash that, at full power, would have severed the Jedi's legs at the knee. Rather than press the attack, the old master ducked and rolled to Kobia's position, stabbing directly at the young man's midsection.

"Talking has its uses," he countered at Thraell. "Ever heard of Dun Moch? Nah, you probably wouldn't have," He said dismissively, absently continuing his blistering assault on Kobia. "It's a Sith technique. Basically, you scan your opponent with the Force as you fight. Find the things that bother him, the things that make him angry, and exploit them."

Marcus shrugged slightly- not enough to hinder his attacks or blocks though. "Not the most glamorous or flashy secret of the Sith, but well directed mockery can be very effective. An angry opponent makes more mistakes, after all."

"Though," Marcus continued thoughtfully. "I guess it wouldn't work too well against a terentatek. They're not the chattiest creatures in the galaxy."

He wondered if the others realized that he was practicing Dun Moch even as he explained it. By dividing his attention so obviously from the fight to chat with them, he was making a subtle statement of their own inferiority, which had to rankle a bit, considering how much pride the two Jedi had in their abilities.

Tag: darthramza, RuneEisahn, Any

10. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin blocked all of Master Tams attacks whith his Soresu. "Yes, Dun Moch. I have heard of it. And don't you dare use it." Ryshin said. Before going back on the attack. Ryshin slashed all around Tam. Forgetting about Kobia. Ryshin jumped beside Tam, attacking his arms and legs in full force. He then let loose a powerful Force Push.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Vlad reacted quickly, parrying away the blow to his midsection and entering a somewhat more defensive, if still unorthodox, stance. His blades hummed and cracked against the various assaults from Master Tam.

Which was when Master Thraell attacked Tam from behind. Seizing the opportunity, Vlad rolled to the side and executed another spiral slash, this time targeting both of the Jedi. He then used the Force to amplify his jump, ricocheting off the ceiling and heading downward towards the two, lightsabers held horizontal in front of his face. It would have gone off without a hitch, except that then Thraell fired off a Force Push that caught Vlad square in the side and sent him flying into the wall.

[i]Pain. Left side. Moderate to Severe[/i].

After a few too many seconds, Vlad staggered to his feet, a trickle of blood coming from his mouth, his expression as casual as ever. "I seem to have lost," he observed. Had this been real, and against a Sith, he'd no doubt be dead by now. "Consider me out of the fight."

[b]TAG:[/b] RuneEisahn, Inquisitor_Skywalker

12. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

Marcus smirked while he blocked the other Master's blows, then re-directed the force of Thraell's telekinetic blast, sending it shooting directly into Kobia's chest.

"What's the matter Thraell?" Marcus asked, reaching subtly through the force to amplify the other master's irritation. It was a technique not all that dissimilar to battle meditation, but on a smaller, simpler scale. "Did I touch a nerve?" He asked, his voice mocking. "Did you know that when you perform a lateral slash to the left, you tend to overextend, leaving your right side open?"

Marcus punctuated the question with a swipe that took advantage of that particular weakness, singing Thraell's clothing. From the almost lazy way he performed the attack, it was obvious that Marcus could have struck flesh if he felt like it, giving the younger man the impression that he was toying with him.

"You really should fix that, you know," Marcus voice oozed a sense of superiority that he didn't really feel. It was all a part of the game...

Tag: darthramza, RuneEisahn

13. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin only shook his head when he heard Master Tam's words. He raised his lightsaber to the Nman stance, but Tam probably didn't know it, but he was going to use Soresu. Ryshin looked at Tam and spoke. "Come on Master Tam, I thought that an old man like you would do so much better. Old Age must be catching up to you." Ryshin mocked. He turned to Kobia. "Vlad, sit down and rest." Ryshin said. Before turning back to Tam. "Now, let's end this." Ryshin said.

14. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

"'Let's end this,'" Marcus parroted mockingly. "So they do teach melodramatic dialogue in the Temple these days. I had wondered." Marcus lunged forward, his saber swinging up and to the right, in a blow that, if unblocked at full power, would bisect Thraell laterally under the arms.

At the last possible second, with Thraell's focus on the incoming blade, Marcus reached a hand out, palm up, and unleashed a wave of telekinetic energy at point-blank range into Thraell's gut. At that range, it was less a Force Push than a Force sucker-punch.

Tag: RuneEisahn, Any

15. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin blocked Tam's attacks, before having a powerful force push into his gut. Ryshin bacflipped in the air, whipping a small bit of blood from his lip. "Very good, Master Tam. Very good. Now, whay don't we finish this in our natural style?" Ryshin said, before coming to the Soresu stance.

16. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

Marcus laughed darkly. "Trust me boy, you don't want to see my natural style." He lunged forward, switching back to Juyo, and met Thraell's passive defense head on. Like a vaapad in a blood-frenzy, his blade whirled and slashed faster than the eye could follow, pushing to overwhelm the younger master's defenses.

Without warning, he switched fluidly to Ataru, leaping over Thraell in a somersault, lashing out directly below at the Master's head before landing behind him, he turned and ended what could have been a decapitating strike mere millimeters from Thraell's neck.

"Do you concede?" He growled.

Tag: RuneEisahn

17. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin just smilled. The minute Tam attacked, Ryshin's Soresu kicked in. He blocked every blow with great accuracy, blcoking and twirling. When Tam switched to Ataru, he turned to Makashi. Gracefully, Ryshin blocked and parried. But when Tam somersaulted behind Ryshin. Ryshin ducked before using Force Speed and going to Makashi. "Of course I won't concede." Ryshin said, before running at full speed, swithcing back to Ataru, jumping in mid air, spinning his blade all the while, before slidding infront and placing his blad next to Tam's neck. "I win, old man."

18. Inquisitor_Skywalker

Mar 30, 2008

Marcus deactivated his blade as Thraell continued to attack, hoping to throw him off balance. It worked, to a degree, but the younger man still managed to get his blade into the kill position.

"I win, old man."

Marcus grinnned triumphantly. "You sure about that?" He asked, gesturing toward his inactive saber hilt which was currently pressed against Thraell's lower chest. With the press of a button, even at the lowered power setting, he could probably inflict a mortal wound.

"A draw, then," Marcus stated simply, pulling his deactivated hilt away and clipping it to his belt.

Tag: RuneEisahn

19. RuneEisahn

Jul 10, 2008

Ryshin smilled and nodded. "A draw." He said, deactivating his lightsaber. "Well done, my friend. I hope that fighting beside you won't be as hard. Your Mastery of Juyo, surprises me." Ryshin said with a grin. He turned to Vlad. "And you, Padawan Kobia, much you need to learn. But you would be a very formidable fighter, which you already are, if you mastered your form." Ryshin said.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Vlad had been carefully following the fight, and, thanks to his position on the sidelines, had seen the draw coming. Still, he had been told it was impolite to interrupt a duel, and so he had avoided making any remarks to that effect.

[i]"And you, Padawan Kobia, much you need to learn. But you would be a very formidable fighter, which you already are, if you mastered your form," Master Thraell said.[/i]

"Thank you Master, I am unworthy of such praise," he replied with a bow of acknowledgement, the usual response as always, "I shall continue to practice my techniques, then. Though I think it would be best if I took the rest of the day off. Good day Master Thraell, Master Tam."

With that he left and headed for his chambers, but not before stopping by the mess hall to grab the meal he had decided on.

[b]TAG:[/b] RuneEisahn, Inquisitor_Skywalker, Any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.