main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Old Republic timeline

Discussion in 'Literature' started by KansasNavy, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    When do the events of Revan/Malak's War and Mandalorian Wars fit on the Star Wars timeline?

I remember from various conversations it is mentioned, but I don't remember.

2. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    KOTOR is 40 years after the Sith War. The Mandalorian Wars end 2 1/2 years before that.

3. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Read the opening crawl text. It tells you it takes place 4,000 years before the rise of the Empire.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Great Sith War (Kun): 0
    Redemption comic: 10yrs later

Mandalorian conquests: lasted a few years, finished 4yrs before KOTOR
    ---A few years pass---
    Revan's Sith War: 30yrs from GSW
    Revan's capture: 2.5yrs into the war

5. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Thanks Excellence

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Right...the first game is 3,956 years before Yavin, the next game is 5 years later so 3,951 years before yavin.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    No prob. The only thing I'm not sure of is how long the Mandalorian war went on for (it's in one of Ordo's glory talks), and how long away Revan and Malak were gone for (it's in a Dantooine Council talk as you set out for the next planet).

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Click on this link.

Scroll down slightly.

Thank me at your leisure.

9. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    After reading through the timeline off the link, there's one piece that seems out of place.

HK-47 I believe was built during the Mandalorian Wars,because he went against the Mandalore and was defeated. UNLESS, Revan sent HK to kill the NEW Mandalore and this was how he was damaged in the Mandalorian sector.

10. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Actually, it's mentioned that HK was constructed by Darth Revan almost immediately after his turn to the dark side. It was when Malak and he were consolidating their power (and after HK discovered his newfound joyous "hobby" in taunting and needling and picadoring Malak) that Revan sent him off on that assasination mission against the Mandalorian chieftain.

(Much to HK's chagrin, I'm sure, him subsequently missing out on further wonderful years of potential Malak-abuse.)

EDIT: Now that you mention it...yes, it could have very well been the next Lord Mandalore (or the last one's as-yet-uninstalled successor) that Revan sought to eliminate; it'd make sense aplenty in that context for him to do so.

11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Then he went all the way out to Mandalore space and got beat down by Mandalore.

12. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    That's a story I'd pay a kingly sum right now to read. From what I hear, HK's one of the substantial frontrunners at the moment for a "starring" lead-role in other tales.

(With special guest-starring roles for Wendy Richard as Mrs. Slocombe, and Dame Lettie Jordan as Miss Brahms. Also starring Brigadier Charles Ingram as Captain Peacock, and Sir John Mills as Young Mr. Grace.)

Seriously, though...be a hoot to read about this incident down the road further.

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Read the opening crawl text. It tells you it takes place 4,000 years before the rise of the Empire.

Just one problem with that as the answer, Tales of the Jedi begins 4,000 BBY. And it occurs prior to the game. What has been said by others about when it occurs fits.

14. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I'm upping games related threads to prove a point to dp4m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.