main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by mangerek, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mangerek

mangerek Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    Have you played this XBOX game? Very adventurous, share you experience here.

2. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    wud love to, but no xbox, and pc not gud enuff. sobs...

3. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    I have an Xbox but I don't have the game, sorry... I've been meaning to get it though..heard it;s very good. Anyway, still currently addicted to Halo/Halo2. *grin*

4. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Had it for PC and I *LOVE* this game.
    Its one of the very few Star Wars game that doesnt suck.

5. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    I played the game enough times yet I'm not sick of it. There's still a few things I wanted to try.

I must say playing as a Dark Lord is very wickedly funny. Oh I remember one part where I said "Kill them. Kill them all!" *evil cackle* One of the more evil things I could do was to poison an entire planet which was nothing but ocean. Bwahahaha!!! And the end cutscene for the Dark side is nothing short of empowering.

But yeah, the game was fun. I'm now tackling KOTOR II, but I've run into enough bugs and stuff that I now understand why people are so pissed with the game. I've heard lots of bad stories, and I think I'll soon find more nonsense to dig up.

6. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    " Its one of the very few Star Wars game that doesnt suck. "

hey man, star wars games don't suck in general. Sure, there may be a fair share of games like Rebellion, but there's stuff like x-wing alliance, jedi knight, shadows of the empire and the like.

KOTOR is indeed a great game. Only finished it once, though, and on the light side. I just wouldn't be responsible for the death of a babe like Bastilla... what a waste.

I am intrigued, though, by this mysterious dark side ending cutscene. Perhaps I will finish the game on the dark side.

But not before finishing Republic Commando on hard! whoo!

7. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    KoTOR is a fascinatingly good story to muck around in if you are into Role Playing and has a remote interest in Star Wars. Having gone through all the four possible combinations (at least twice each) I have to take my hats off to BioWare for crafting such an intricate story about redemption, love and moral choice. In fact, (one year after I've first gotten my grubby little hands on the game) I found some new dialogue options today. (Yes, yes, pathetic, that is.)

The game is available for both XBOX and PC. Personally I prefer the PC version (it has an additional shopping level to visit already available; you'll have to get XBOX alive/online to download the same material) for its graphics. The XBOX's interface is more intuitive, though.

KoTOR II is a also an interesting game centering around the theme of sacrifice. It would surpass its predecessor, if not for the fact that it is severely handicapped by... well... let's just say that Obsidian Arts and the game would have benefitted trememdously if Obsidian was given its full development time. (You can find out more about what happened on Obsidian's KOTOR II forum pages) Nonetheless, the story as it stands is still deserving a play through (I only have the XBOX version, and the bugs in there aren't fatal: save often and you'll be fine), or at least four, one for each of the four possible versions, to find out what happened to our intrepid crew from the KoTOR.

KOTOR II's up points include its Influence system and a far more developed and mature discussion on the nature of the Force and its consequences. Its downside are dominated by the results of the rushed work: bugs and dropped story lines.

Put both KoTOR and KoTOR II together, and you'll have one good time deciding what you want the Force to mean for you, what the Sith and Jedi mean for you, and finding out what your choices will mean for the company you keep. Comparing with other Star Wars games, KoTOR is definitely more enjoyable than the Jedi Academy. Almost rivalling TIE Fighter (for those of you who remember those good old days). :)

Just save frequently.

P.S. HK-47 is the best droid ever!

8. Fingolfin_Noldor

Aug 10, 2004
    There are times where I wonder if that nifty astromech droid's memories and stuff was saved and passed on to R2-D2. Those droids are so alike. Fiercely independent and extremely innovative.

9. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    HEY!! i kinda like REBELLION
    i still play it when i'm bored.

10. Fingolfin_Noldor

Aug 10, 2004
    Oh yes, Rebellion. It's a pity they left it hanging and not continue the concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.