main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

knights templar=jedi knights!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by masterPloKoon-6981, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterPloKoon-6981

masterPloKoon-6981 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    for anyone who doesn't know, the knights templar were a group of knights who banded together to fight during the crusades and to protect the pilgrims on their way to the holy land. after the crusades wacked up and morale was destroyed, the templars were blamed for not doing enough in their power to win the holy lands back. plus, after the crusades, the templars became rich and popular, which kings hated. and so it was that the templars along with their grand master were burned at the stake and their order destroyed.

anyways, past the history lesson, i hereby propose that i would like to revive the knights templar into someting similar to the jedi-peace keepers and protectors. anyone with me?

edit/ this is a forum for jedi not for knight templars. :)

2. Mad_Ewok

Mad_Ewok Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2002
    You don't have to revive them. They still exist. (no joke)

3. masterPloKoon-6981

masterPloKoon-6981 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    really...hmmm. i thought the last of them were killed like the jedi...

4. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    no Mad_Ewok is correct. I think that whatever Knights remained after the persicutions went underground (like Yoda and Obi-Wan). I wish I could remember where I saw it, but there was a special on that went into the Templar Knight organization and talked a lot about what they do and believe. Anyway, I just figured that I would put that out there.

5. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes, the Knights Templar are still alive and well today but are now a Christian organisation within the Freemasons.

The UK KT are rather secretive, but the US KT have an official website lol Sorry, being a Brit I just found that funny :p But I prefer the US's openess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.