main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knowing that EpIII is going to be very sad, do you think you`ll be crying when you`ll see it ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Tarsh, Jun 19, 2002.

?

Knowing that EpIII is going to be very sad, do you think you`ll be crying when you`ll see it ?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. I will surely cry !

26.3%
  2. Maybe....it depends on how far Lucas will go.

52.6%
  3. No way, I won`t cry !!

21.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I don't know if I'll cry, but I hope to leave the cinema feeling depressed and reflective

2. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    I am a very open minded person.
    Having said that, I hope George surpasses himself as a director and makes me cry, i cry a lot in movies, i cried in Peal Harbour for 10 minutes.
    However I think George as incompetent in love and drama directing as i am in macarena. If he does make me cry i will be very happy afterwards.. but after having heard the diologues of Anakin and Padme its realy hard not to be realistic, isn't it???
    who knows i wish he makes a true drama it will be great.

3. JediLeia72

JediLeia72 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I believe all of our emotions will be a lot higher simply because it's the last Star Wars movie which will make us more emotional for what happens IN the movie.

Did anyone get what I just said?

Exactly! The events of the movie may or may not be enough to make us cry (depending on everyone's personality) but the fact that it IS the last of our favorite movie series ever will be emotional for everyone. It will intensify our reactions to the events in the movie and may make people cry who normally wouldn't. ;)

Personally, I have been moved to tears by something in EVERY SW movie so far - whether it's tears of joy or sadness or just plain excitement, so I have no doubt that Ep3 will be no different. [face_love]

4. StormHawke

StormHawke Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Probably so...

By the time Episode III premiers, my first born will be seeing the movie about the same age as I saw "A New Hope." There's an odd, twisted parrallel to the movies in that, I suppose--passing of generations from one to the next. That, coupled with the fact that it will be the last Star Wars movie, doesn't leave much hope for dry eyes.

5. WellKnownCharacter

WellKnownCharacter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I remember the first viewing of Aotc.
    My emotions were boiling and when there was the 'confession' scene I could feel myself welling up!

Not because it was sad, because I was so happy! THAT is what star wars is about, that scene is one of the greatest in cinema history if you ask me.

Tears.

6. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    I cry. I vow to never watch some movies again because they are too depressing for me. I just become too emotionally involved in books and movies not to.

But one thing I am worried about is the mole I'm going to become when all six films are out on dvd/video. ;)

7. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I will not cry. I have never cried due to a movie. I cried over one episode of Beast Wars but that was just a really sad episode. Ah Beast Wars a great show that was. :) Anyway I will not cry because it is the last episode either. I will also walk out of the theater like an excited school girl.

8. DarkLord_of_theJedi

DarkLord_of_theJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Usually, i just get chills about certain scenes. I got two in AOTC (anakin's confession, and at the end with the clone troopers and the imperial march).

The only other time i've gotten that feeling is during the several Luke/Vader scenes at the end of ROTJ. Hell, I even cried when Vader looks back and forth between the emperor and Luke before he finally kills off ol' palpy.

I really hope that Ep3 will be as intense and emotional (with the stuff that has to happen, i'm pretty sure it will be). So hopefully, i'll cry.

9. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'll probably cry, I think with the way Lucas is going and what i'm expecting to come, I think crying is the least i can do

10. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i got sniffly at the end of AOTC lol there was entirly too much good stuff in a few minutes!

11. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I'll cry. It will be the last time I'll have a new Star Wars movie to look forward to in the future. I cried like a baby at the end of ROJ, because at that time, Lucas said he was semi-retiring. Although I was 10 back then, I expect the same reaction this time around.

:_|

12. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'm bad when it comes it sad scenes and cry so easily. I even Cried in AOTC when Shmi died.

13. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Man - I'll be crying buckets...esp when ...(well, you can all guess when).. ;)

Seriously - I got emotional the first time I went on the ET ride at Universal Studios.. you know - that little bit at the end when ET-paper mache model croaks out "Goodbye"...
    :(

I'll only be consoled in 2005 by the fact that then, I'll finally be able to shut myself up in a cinema and watch Star Wars for 12 1/2 hours straight :)

14. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    12 1/2 hours of star wars on the big screen. mmmm heaven

15. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yup, I'll cry. I'm usually one not for tears in movies, except when something REALLY moves me, but I'll be bawling my eyes out. I always have tears in my eyes during the confession, Shmi's death, and Yoda and younglings. :_|
    For EpIII, major waterworks. Because of all that happens, and because SW movies will be over FOREVER!!!!!! :_| :_|
    *sniff*

16. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I most likely won't cry. But if it's as emotional as AotC, I'll feel something :)
    I somehow think it will be and thensome ;)
    I have great hope for Hayden and Ewan.

17. Gorion

Gorion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I won't. In fact I couldn't care less about what happens to this characters. They are not like the OT characters, which I felt as the dearest of my friends :p (I cried when Vader died). Other than Qui-Gon, I don't care about any of them.

18. Darth_Robin

Darth_Robin Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    I actually do think i will be crying...THE LAST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER!!!! who wouldn't cry!

19. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    It depends on how far Lucas goes. I cry at sad movie moments but it really depends on how far he goes.

20. Riku

Riku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    I'll cry, that's like 100% certain. Although I'm a guy, I cry a lot in the movies. Braveheart, Schindler's list... *sob* :_|

21. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Apparently 2005 will be a depressing enough year with the last SW movie. It would be the wrong year for another economic recession or another terrorist attack. It'll have to be a jolly year.

22. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Nope. These characters aren't compelling enough for me to get emotionally involved.

23. starvvarsfreak

starvvarsfreak Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002
    hm...THATS THE LAST EPISODE!!!...only when i think of that im getting tears in my eyes....buhuhuhu... ^^

24. Twiglet

Twiglet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2002
    If I cry for anyone it's gonna be Obi-Wan. He's the only character I give two cents about in the PT.

25. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Consider all the the Jedi we saw in AOTC:

Mace Windu, Barriss, the younglings.

"Not just the men, but women, and the children too." Today the Tuskens, tomorrow the Jedi will fall to Anakin's blade.

In nine brief months, Padme will travel from great joy to great sorrow.

Obi-Wan will engage his padawan, the one he promised Qui-Gon to train, in a mortal duel.

Palpatine will take his throne.

Odds are that Naboo will go NaBOOM.

Anakin, who has become a familiar and endearing character in spite of his faults, will cross over into absolute evil. Only the near-divine forgiveness of Luke will follow him. (If I were Luke, I would have said, "No, you're not my father, just my sire. I had a father, called Uncle Owen.")

Plus, it is the LAST Star Wars film. Ever.

Oh yeah, George. Make me cry in 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.