main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knowing that EpIII is going to be very sad, do you think you`ll be crying when you`ll see it ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Tarsh, Jun 19, 2002.

?

Knowing that EpIII is going to be very sad, do you think you`ll be crying when you`ll see it ?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. I will surely cry !

26.3%
  2. Maybe....it depends on how far Lucas will go.

52.6%
  3. No way, I won`t cry !!

21.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Every time I watch AotC, I cry at the confession scene. I will surely cry in Ep.3.

2. WishboneKenobi

WishboneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    Maybe I'll cry out of happiness. I never can cry at movies even if I try. The only time I came close was when I saw Braveheart on TV. That was sad when they torture him. I was almost crying when I saw AOTC because I was with my best friends and we had finally made it.

I didn't cry durring the confession scene but it scared the @#$@# out of me.

3. DarthSiren

DarthSiren Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Just thinking about what happens to the Skywalker family makes me sad. No matter how it all will pan out in ep3, just the thought of Anakin and Padme being seperated made me get teary-eyed the other day.

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    (If I were Luke, I would have said, "No, you're not my father, just my sire. I had a father, called Uncle Owen.")

That is HARSH!!!!!!!!!
    Whooooooooooo! ;)

5. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I don't know. I'm far from a sensitive guy, but if Lucas makes it a very, very moving film, I'd probably cry a river.

6. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    Am I gonna cry? No...I am gonna BAWL like a baby !!! First because it will be the LAST SW movie. That is enough to make me get teary eyed at the end. Second , of course, is going to see what should have been the happiest little family in a GFFA hid from each other.. the children nevering knowing the strong beautiful woman that was thier mother or the good man that was thier father or the deep and special love that produced them. Finally seeing what dark evilness led a strong,powerful Jedi to go bad( and all the pain that will prolly entail)..

ooohh..2005 is too long to wait!!

7. Emi-Wan

Emi-Wan Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2002
    I will be very dissapointed if I don't. And I haven´t cried in 12 years, so...

8. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    The EU makes me want to cry sometimes. 8-}

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I cry in the end of AOTC, and nowadays in ROTJ whenever Anakin or Padme are being mentioned, so I know that I will cry. No make-up for me on opening night.

10. Darth_Goz

Darth_Goz Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002

I think I`ll cry because the movie will probably start with scenes of great love between Anakin & Padme. Their relationship will be wonderfull, Padme will be pregnant with Luke and Leia - everything will be so nice....the contrast of this and Padme`s sad death is going to be going to be a HUGE emotional downer.

Also, I think Anakin will start off a real good guy, a hero in the Clone wars, he`ll be a very likable and endearing character - contrast this to the change during the film as he falls to the DS and turns eveil. Also a huge emotional rollercoaster.

I really hope Lucas rips my heart out (emotionally) during the two scenes when Padme dies and luke finally turns.

11. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    I realize this thread is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but consider for a moment what we're all going to go through in two-and-a-half years:

It's the summer of 2005. For a little over two hours you've been captivated by Episode III. The last battle of the Clone Wars. The erasure of R2 and 3PO's memories. The transformation of Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader. The final scene is being projected onto the screen. It's a fairly upbeat ending for a very, very dark movie. It gives some hint of the New Hope that will reach fruition in 20 years. The scene irises out, the credits begin, the end theme fills the theater. You get up out of your seat and walk out of the theater into...

A post-Star Wars world.

I know I'm being a bit overly dramatic, but if you're like me, you grew up with Star Wars. The R2-D2 action figure was the first toy I ever had that I picked out for myself. I can remember peeling the stickers off of Star Wars action figure packages and sending them off to get the Boba Fett action figure before it was available in the stores. I remember the day it came in the mail in a little nondescript box. I remember when my best friend saw Return of the Jedi before I did and I asked if I'd get to see Darth Vader without his helmet and he told me yes. I recall thinking that finally, after such an incredibly long time (back then 6 years seemed like a long time) I'd see if he looked as mutilated as I'd imagined he would (he didn't).

Yes, for those of us who have been fans from the beginning in 1977 through the sequels, through the 16 year hiatus, through the first two prequels, that final scene in Episode III is going to be pretty traumatic. It will be the end of a saga that took us 28 years to see in its entirety. Star Wars will have been a companion that saw us from our earliest memorable childhood to most of the way to middle age.

Of course, it's just a half-dozen movies. Mature adults with spouses, children, careers and so forth shouldn't walk out of a summer science fiction flick looking and acting like a friend they've known all their life just died.

We shouldn't, but I suspect a lot of us will.

12. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    i totaly agree ^^

13. Destined-to-Fall

Destined-to-Fall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Words cannot begin to to describe what I will be feeling when the credits role in 2005. I mean, I only have to read fan fiction stories about the fall of Anakin and I get engulfed by tears. I mean...I am only reading it! Never mind when I have to watch it. Whoa, I am sounding as though I don't even want to see the movie which is the furthest from the truth.
    But it's true, I have never been dreading and anticipating a movie this much in my life. :[face_sigh]: Sucks to be a hardcore Anakin fan in two years. Sucks to be me.

This is what I envision of my life in 2005:

veiwing episode iii - crying like a baby - falling into a deep state of depression - digging a hole - crawling into that hole to mope about anakin's fall to the darkside in peace - tentativly crawl out of that hole - revisit the theater - view episode iii again - cry like baby - deep depression - dig hole - crawl - mope - revisit...whoo, it's a never ending cycle of CRAP!

Chosen to Rise - Destined to Fall

14. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    only on account of it being the last SW movie(more then likely).
    more then likely i will be crying im just that way.

15. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I'll be sad that it's the last episode, but I won't cry. No SW film has made me do that.

16. Landos_Mate

Landos_Mate Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I'm 99% cetain I'll probably cry, star wars movies have that effect on me, in attack of the clones when yoda say's "a dark side clouds everything" that makes me cry so episode III will have be in buckets of tears.

17. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    I hope it will be one of the darkest movies ever made!!!

Evil victories! [face_devil]

18. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    I think I will cry because it is the last EIII and just the darkness of it. I cry at everything anyway.

19. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I voted for maybe.

20. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I seriously doubt it, I just don't cry at movies, not matter how emotional they may get. I'm not saying that I wouldn't be touched if the scence is strong enough, but I will not be crying.

21. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Topic: Knowing that EpIII is going to be very sad, do you think you`ll be crying when you`ll see it ?

No not in the theater i'll wait till iam home to cry.

22. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    It depends on how much depth he goes into while killing people. If it's sort like all the jedi in the temple i won't shed a tear, but if its drug out for a long time i might shed a couple tears.

If I don't cry from the characters deaths I'll be cryng for his lame dialogue (I've been dying a little bit everyday since you came back into my life.) such moving and touching dialogue :(

23. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I can't remember ever crying in a movie theatre.

But if most of Episode III looks and feels like Tyranus meeting Sidious, I might shed tears.

I hope Lucas does an excellent directing job and stirs my emotions with plenty of dark and sorrowful scenes.

24. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    The last movie to make me cry was homeward bound when I was in like 2nd grade or something like that.

Since then no movie has ever made me cry

But I'm sure I'll leave the theatre a bit sad

25. newjack

newjack Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2003
    Sad as in bad movie,then i will surely cry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.