Knowles Saw Episode II -- Drudge Reports a Security Breach

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Crimson_Jedi, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I find this news quite distressing. Matt Drudge reports that Harry Knowles saw a leaked version of the rough cut of Episode II. I hope that this version does not make it onto the Internet in any form. I hope that Lucas, Fox, and their crackshots can shut down the hackers before the Episode II rough cut is let loose on the Internet.

Here's a clip of TheForce.net's story:Harry Knowles On Drudge Radio: 'I Have Seen Episode II!'
    Sun, Mar 17, 02 10:35:10 PM EST

Earlier this evening The Drudge Report posted that a story was in development regarding a security breach involving Star Wars.
    A few minutes ago, Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News announced on Matt Drudge's radio show that he has seen Episode II, in it's entirety!

Since word broke that a copy has gone out, Drudge told listeners that 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm have gone on full security alert. It's not up for download on any Internet outlet that he's aware of (and we don't know of any either).

2. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Can Harry Knowles be lying?
  3. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    There's a reveiw of it now I think.

Massive spoilers! Beware!
  4. PruneF8ce Jedi Master

star 4
    Some people just cant wait. Tisk Tisk. Is he like going to jail or something? I guess hed say it was worth it. LOL!

5. Hatter Jedi Master

star 4
    I read part of the review, stopped at the spoilers. Man oh man... this movie is going to kick all kinds of ass.

We need to get a spoiled individual to edit out the spoilers in the review, so we can read it here!
  6. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, not massive spoilers...but some...

The story is probably legit, but it is very unlikely that the movie would leak to the public.
  7. Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Knight

star 2
    I started another thread on this subject before I saw this one, my bad. I posted a couple of spoiler-free quotes from Harry's review, talking about how he felt about the film (in general.) For those who don't want to read it: he loved it. Which I guess doesn't necessarily mean that it is good, but its better than him saying it was okay or that it was not good. Harry tends to let his emotions/geekdom get in the way of his judgement, but it was a glowing review, so that has to bode well.
  8. metalgearrx Jedi Youngling

star 1
    In the spolier forum, there was a thread with a spoiler contained within the subject (which they got from the Knowles review)... Sigh... that's the last time I visit the spoiler forum. I should have known better.
  9. Yodimus_Prime Jedi Knight

star 2
    I admit i read it. But i don't care, cause all it did is make me want to see this move that much more. With a vengence in fact.

I also think it was too convenient.
    YOu know how ep2 hasn't had much hype? This basically negates it. Its the perfect hype, a pre-movie review that just explodes with positive things. Clever bastards.
  10. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    There's a lotta hype for Ep. II, trust me. It's just not majorly marketed like TPM was.
  11. Yodimus_Prime Jedi Knight

star 2
    Doesn't make it any less clever.
  12. cydonia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Could Yodimus have uncovered a conspiracy? Quite possibly. ;)

edit- i haven't really thought about it, (since it isn' t around) but the lack of SW2 hype and marketing has been really refreshing.
  13. Punisher Jedi Master

star 4
    I posted this in "spoilers", but I think it applies here as well.

I can't believe this! This stuff has gone too far, it's bad enough that LFL will release tons of "spoilers" in April, but now someone has "arranged" for a "review" even before that happens?!

I would figure Knowles opinion wouldn't mean jack squat to the moviegoing public, I've heard of him, but mostly over how people in Hollywood are supposed to be "scared" of his opinions. That just shows how gutless Hollywood is, if they worry about the opinions of an overweight geek. If LFL/FOX leaked it to him are they any better?

What's his track record? If he backs "stinkers" than I don't think his opinion will have that much weight. (Bad pun there.)
    I'd be more impressed if Roger Ebert or someone I've heard of liked it or not.

IF Lucasfilm or FOX leaked it to him, I don't look at it as a sign that the film is great, just that they are desperate to create positive buzz for it.
    If they feel that they need to stoop to that level, I don't know if I 'd care to see AOTC!

So much for all that crap GL talked about in his 60 Minutes interview before TPM and his not letting focus groups affect his work! Don't test it, just let some Internet reviewer provide positive buzz for it!

It's not about "artistry" or any of the lofty ambitions that LFL/FOX uses when describing these films, it's then a matter of economics and manipulating the public and I don't care for that!

This sucks, if it IS revealed to be a ploy by FOX and LFL! :mad:
  14. cydonia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IF. If the movie is really good, positive word of mouth will create buzz. I don't think lucas really needs knowles to like his movie. This movie is going to make tons of cash no matter how good or bad it may be. This really doesn't seem like something lucas would do, but maybe he did. But i agree, harry knowles is just a critic. Who cares what he thinks? All i care about is what i think when i go to that theater and see it for the first time.
  15. __bEoWuLf__ Jedi Knight

16. Padawan Coalesce Jedi Knight

star 1
    Harry is just a fan like the rest of us. He camped out last time. I've seen him at the collector shows. There is no way he is going to trash the film if someone let him see it. I just don't think it was anyone Offical that would show it. It had to be stolen.
  17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    OK, spoiler-removed review...I've kept in anything that could be determined from the trailers and common sense. (however, there could be what might be considered very minor spoilers in the way of Harry's descriptions of character relationships- ie: what kind of relationship Anakin and Padme's love could be described as, or the Fetts as another example...up to you.)

edited out the review, due to spoilers
  18. Verteces Jedi Padawan

DELETE THAT IMMEDIATELY.

THERE ARE TONS OF SPOILERS IN THAT.

OH MY GOD, DO NOT READ THAT.

ADMINS!

ADMINS!

EDIT IT!

DELETE IT!

I already read the review, but I am saving lives here.

DELETE THAT NOW.
  19. Punisher Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmm.....
    It's nice to see he was able to get a plug for his book and Talk Soup in there.
    Hmmm....
  20. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    Although I appreciate the gesture 2ndQuest, and you taking the time to edit out the potential spoilers, that article is still laced with a ton of spoilage in my opinion. (especially the musical aspects) Even some spoiled people wished they hadn't read that part yet.

---------------------------------------

UNSPOILED folks don't read it yet, there are still spoilers in there!!!! [face_shocked]
  21. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Don't intend to read anything by Harry.
  22. Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling

star 1
    NO-ONE READ SPOILERS!!!!!!!HTERE BAD I DID AND I STOPPED U DONT WANA KNOW!!!I READ ONE AND NO MORE!!!!! get that long one off! EDIT!!!!
  23. Darth23 Jedi Master

star 4
    Harry seems pretty obsessed with Lucasfilm/Fox. Did he really thinkthat the'd to a 'sting' operation to set him up?

And does he really think they're all running around like crazy because he posted a largely positive review?
  24. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Harry really loved the film. I can't believe he actually got to see it, though.

I read the review. No big deal. But totally unspoiled people shouldn't read it.
  25. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I edited out the whole review, since I didn't want to read it at all myself, didn't want to take any chances.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.