Official Info Known unused Lucas Star Wars concepts

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by yodasbum, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    One could argue that Jar Jar was an instantiation of the early idea of having Han Solo be a froglike alien.
  2. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    True. Frog Solo did have gills. So amphibious sidekick :p
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  3. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    I too remember the name General Granicus. Also, Vader’s suit was originally just a space suit. At the beginning of ANH, Vader went zero-g to float from the Imperial ship to board the captured Rebel ship.

Let’s mash-up some of the stuff from this thread so far.

General Granicus is leading the Legions of Lettow in a search for the sacred Kaiburr Crystal, which has the power to restore a dead Force-user to life. He floats from ship to ship to board the spacecraft above the planet Aquilae carrying Supreme Chancellor Cos Dashit and his loyal bodyguards Deak and Nomi Starkiller…

:-B :p
    JoinTheSchwarz and DarthBoba like this.
  4. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    Hmm wasn't 7-9 originally ment to be about Luke finding his sister with his force ghost father, but because they were finishing with RTJ Leia became Lukes sister instead.
  5. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It was indeed, and the Emperor wasn't supposed to be in RotJ, so yeah. But that is done, so the question is what is 7-9 now?
  6. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    If this thread had been called "Unknown unused Lucas Star Wars concepts," it probably wouldn't be as interesting. I just thought I'd point this out. [face_thinking]
  7. Kyris Cavisek Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    True, who knows what else he has thought of since the 1970's, aside from Jar Jar
  8. El_Machete12 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Love this thread. So interesting.
  9. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Weren't they originally going to have Nick Nolte play Han Solo? I though I read that in Entertainment magazine when ROTS came out.
  10. MrFantastic74 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]
  11. Roger Goldleader Force Ghost

star 3
    Not even an Egg Macguffin? With bacon or sausage?
  12. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    As mentioned, some of the early scripts also had an "ending crawl"... that might be a neat way to finish up at the end of Episode 9. Basically an "And they lived happily ever after," in a different phrasing (or not!).