main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knoxville FF coming to town for LSO concert

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Jar Jar, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Greetings good people of Atlanta! :D

You guys probably know about it already (heck, I learned about it on TFN) but the London Symphony Orchestra will be performing in Atlanta on September 7th as part of their music of Hollywood concert tour. They will be playing Star Wars music along with a ton of other movies. If you didn't know much about it, I would suggest visiting the link if you want more information on the concert like pricing and such.

Anyway, I along with 4 other members of the Knoxville FanForce will be coming out. We just got our tickets today and I figured I might as well see who all from Atlanta will be coming out and also to see if we might be able to meet up and do something while we're in town. There's still quite a bit of time between now and then, so just let me know.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I know that a few of us are thinking of attending the concert. We're just trying to get our collective act together.

I think it would be great if we could get together while your group is in town. :)

What type of seats did you get?

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    We are doing floor seating. We're in Section 3, Row T, Seats 3-7 to be exact. :D

We got serious about it fairly soon just because I wasn't sure how fast the tickets would sell. The floor seats haven't been moving, so I'd say seats are probably available now right next to us if you were interested in them.. hint.. hint..

You guys know the city a lot better than I or anyone in the group (that I know of, anyway) so pick somewhere you guys like and we'll go for it. I have to say I will probably swing by Dave and Buster's on the way in just because it's a fun tourist trap (though I heard virtual world closed), but beyond that it's wide open.

4. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Well, I think most of us were thinking non-floor seats just because DragonCon is the weekend before and budgets will be tight.

There are still plenty of seats left, but I'm hoping we can get our act together this weekend and get our seats purchased. But maybe we can try for the non-floor section nearest yours.

As for Dave&Busters? We go there a lot. It has some amusements, but is not as all-fire wonderful as they claim. Still could be worth dropping by if you've never been. (Don't waste your money on the SW games. The controls are destroyed, so it's a bit hard to do well on them.)

How will we find each other at the LSO concert? Are you guys going to be at DragonCon as well?

5. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    Hey Atlanta! I think we should go out to dinner or something before the concert, instead of meeting up in a crowded arena.

As for Dragoncon, I would like to go, and I will ask for it off, but my job never lets me off for one of our busiest week-ends of the year. I do know that one of us IS going, and another that wants to go.

Angi

6. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Like Angi said, we should probably meet up sometime before the concert if we are going to do something. It's not that we couldn't meet at the concert because it's an assigned seating event and we could just meet at one group's seats. The real big issue is time because it's about a 4 hour drive from Knoxville to Atlanta. If the concert lets out at 10:00 and we did nothing but go back we still wouldn't be home until sometime around 2:00. To add to the fun two of our group members (Angi being one of them) are about another hour away from there so it's quite a predicament.

I personally am not against handling it either way because I work late, but if we meet and do something after the concert it would be a very long night and I don't think the group will be up for it.

7. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Remind us again closer to the event and we'll see what we can put together.

I don't think any of us were planning any get-togethers after the concert. But we could see about before.

8. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    We are talking about the possibility of getting a room somewhere, so when we decide one way or the other on that I'll let you guys know. Like I said before we have plenty of time to work out the details, but I thought I'd be a good CR (for a change) ;) and get the ball rolling now. It's always best to plan ahead right?

9. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Well, the Omni is right there at Phillip's Arena. Have no idea what their rates are, but you'd literally walk across the street.

There are also all the hotels that serve DragonCon just a few blocks away. (You could walk it, but I'm not so sure I'd do so late at night.)

Plenty of options.

10. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I think the Omni Hotel is just a little outside my budget seeing as the tickets have already set me back quite a bit, but thanks for the tip. I checked out hotels.com this week about it and it turned up quite a few places to stay that were fairly close (within a half mile or less) that looked to be running about $30-40 per person if we all shared the rooms. I figure we'll reach a decision on it within the next week or so at most.

EDIT: Edited so that it made sense, but that's what you get for posting at work when you're busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.