main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Kong is King

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by kahli, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Gold class tix for Kong go on sale 17 November, movie start 14 December.

FYI.

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Rockin'. Definitely going to be going off to see this one. Reckon we should make a Fanforce gig out of it? I'm all up for that.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    You know...very big LOTR fan here, but can't seem to get myself excited about King King. I know it'll look good and all that, but I've never really watched the other versions all the way through, and just can't drum up my enthusiasm. Change my mind :D

I am very excited about The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe though.

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    kong fights a t-rex.

A T-REX!!!

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    what's a t-rex doing in it???

6. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I don't know. I don't care!!

A T-REX!!!

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    are you not supposed to question why a T rex is there? is it just one of those gigantic thing horror story plot devices that you just ignore and think..oh that's a t-rex.

A t-rex is dinosaur innit?

Not like a member of a bad 80's rock band?

Cause that would be interesting.

8. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    yeh, I think a tale about a giant ape who falls in love with a starlet/tart and scales the empire state building calls for a certain level of suspension of disbelief.

I'm unsure where this version stands on the giant snake front, though.

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I've never really watched the other versions all the way through, and just can't drum up my enthusiasm. Change my mind

Have you seen the trailer? If not, do yourself a favour and download it, I reckon there's a good chance you might start feeling some anticipation. It looks great. I'm only familiar with the original in passing, but I'm really looking forward to this.

10. EnempE

EnempE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2005

No happens all the time, I was out in the valley on the weekend and saw almost that exact thing.

There was a giant ape of a guy in a bar who fell in love with a startlet/tart who scaled whatever he could in an effort to suspend her disbelief. I too am a little unsure about his tales of a giant snake.

11. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    GAH!! I'm so thick, but I get there in the end. The SS Venture is the name of the boat that goes to skull island and then brings kong back to manhatten, where he goes on his rampage through the city.

It's also the name of the boat the brings the T-rex to san diego in jurassic park: the lost world, who then goes on HIS rampage through the city.

How could I miss this all these years?? :oops:

12. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    BBN, not everyone is on ADSL unfortunately...

I saw the trailer online recently, and I'm excited about it, but not in a "let's get dressed up for it" way.

To explain the t-rex thing, the Island is literally a "lost world", and there's all kinds of prehistoric life there...remember Lost World's "Running with Stegosaurs in the jungle" scene? Very familiar with this movie, although I can't wait to see it as done by WETA (Jackson's CG/effects mob).

Gold Class, Kahli?

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    BBN, not everyone is on ADSL unfortunately...

Yeah, and I'm one of them! :p It'll take about an hour over dial-up, probably, maybe an hour and a half. It's not that bad, really. Sigh. God damn you, Telstra...

14. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Do yourself a favour and watch the 1933 version now! (I actually bought the dvd from Kmart for $3.00!!!!

Seeing all these moments in the jackson remake will be all the more delightful.

I have never seen the 80's jessica lange remake, but my guess is it will suck.

15. Darth_Saruman

Darth_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm looking forward to harry 4 the most, though lion, witch and wardrobe is next. I'll see kong, but I really wasn't a big fan of the 1933 one and am not really looking all that forward to this version either, though the trailer did make it at least seem interesting imho.

16. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    A T-REX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Darth_Saruman

Mar 8, 2002
    Yes, I'm sure the t-rex will help make it more exciting than the 1933 one, which I found rather slow in places.

18. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    There was a t-rex in the 1933 one. And a giant snake.

It was TENSE

19. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Oh for goodness sake!!!!!! Someone'll just shoot the thing with a thermo nuclear device and it'll be all done!

20. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh for goodness sake!!!!!! Someone'll just shoot the thing with a thermo nuclear device and it'll be all done!

Sadly, New York isn't as well equipped, missile-wise, in the 1920's as it is in the unfortunate 1999 Godzilla re-make.

21. Darth_Saruman

Mar 8, 2002
    I meant the updated visual fx will help make the t-rex in this one more exciting. The 1933 one may have been tense to some but I didn't find it that way for the most part.

22. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
  23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I saw that... Frakin' weird.

24. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    gold class tix are now on sale.

Otter and I will be attending the 9.35pm session on wednesday, 14 december @ chermside, if anyone is interested.

If you're going, I highly recommend purchasing the tickets from chermside rather than online, online being $31.50 + $2.75 b/f, from the cinema they are $24.

25. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Jolly good, seeing as I pass Chermside on my way home everyday, I don't think that will be an issue ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.