main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Kong Vs. Narnia

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by whisperjedi, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Finished viewing the anticipated holiday movies for this year, "King Kong & Narnia", and neither were that good, 1st. Narnia- wasn't all that great as I wanted it to be, the book from what I understand is epic. And the 2-hour condensed movie was lacklustre.

Kong on the otherhand, was epic but not entirely a great film. A popcorn thrill-ride..yes. (More suited to a summer blockbuster release). Though it wasn't particully great. It reminded of Titanic....a doomed love story, and some of it took place on a boat. But all in all, it was spectacle.

What's my point...Hollywood is in a dismal state. Stories have dried up. And I haven't seen anything good to prove otherwise. The next 2006 summer release anticipates...Pirates of the Caribeaan 2, X-men 3, and Superman Returns. Lets all cross our fingers and hope they have a good story besides a being a blockbuster.

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i'd hardly call lion the witch and the wardrobe an epic novel, its only 170 pages and its large print :p i haven't re-read it lately but it was pretty accurate from what i can remember, it was exactly what it was supposed to be. too many people i think are expecting another lord of the rings from it which it is not. it was everything it was supposed to be

3. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I like movies

4. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I can agree with you that Hollywood is having some troubles with getting original movies. This year was the year of the remake, or adapted from a book or comic. Sometimes this worked, and sometimes it didn't, like with the Dukes of Hazzard. Blah!

I can't agree with you, however, on the Narnia and Kong being not so hot movies. Being a bookworm, I can say that Narnia stayed very true to the book, but the book is not a big one. There are 7 books about various events in or around Narnia, but they are all quite small. I think that maybe Lord of the Rings was a bit more darker than Narnia, so that's one thing of why it might not have seemed as good, and the stabbing and death and whatnot was implied in Narnia, not so much with Lord of the Rings. I liked it a lot. I thought the filmwork was great and everyone was great in their role. As for King Kong, I thought this was one of the best, if not the best movie of the year. YOu didn't find the fight scene with the dinosaur just a tad bit exhausting? I thought the emotional elements were very strong. I cried like a baby the second time I saw it, but I'm a big sap too so never mind that. The CGI was blow your mind and I really love the way Pete Jackson puts together a movie.

Have you seen Batman Begins? Did you like that one? I thought that was another great movie of the year. I have yet to see Walk The Lind and Memoirs of a Geisha. I read the book for Memoirs of a Geisha and I really liked it. Plus the cinematography looks gorgeous.

5. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Narnia was good period.

Kong was good period.

Walk the Line is better than both period.

All I have to say period.

:p

6. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I thought Narnia was well doen haven't seen Kong. Walk the Line was good also. I however am looking forward to Transformers as well as Superman Returns this upcoming year.

7. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I had to dig a little to find this thread. Anyways, I read today that the DVD for Chronicles of Narnia is 10 hours of extra footage.

I would like to post the link to the page that has more info but the link button isn't working. Am I doing something wrong? Anyways, copy and paste this bad boy:

[image=http://movies.go.com/dvdspy?columnid=759890]

8. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    What you typed is for an image or linking a picture directly to the boards. You type

This site

or

you just plain old copy and paste the link

http://www.google.com

Here's the link you posted

9. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    10 hours!? of footage, mann, now I think that it could have improved the movie.I did feel it was too short.

10. Sullust_Lord

Sullust_Lord Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2006
    I have to agree that Both Narnia and Kong were good movies. I feel that both were well done movies. Narnia resinated more with critics and fans due to the popularity of the series of books and that the movie was true to that. Kong has had several incarnations and aside from the fight sequence on skull island would not resinate with a younger audience. I found both movies well done and both were appealling for very different reasons....and thats all i have to say about that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.